i was think of going to an' anime convention and i was wondering
what's it like to be there?.

#1 is it fun?:wacko:

#2 what am i to expect?

#3 also if you have any story's you wan't to share i'm all ear's:laugh:

Dreydor
08-26-2009, 04:11 PM
#1. yes, yes, yes, yeeeeeeeesssszzzzzzz
#2. Expect lots of people swarming about everywhere, dealers selling all sorts of awesome anime goodies, cosplayers yeling at each other from across the room about each others awesome cosplays, and much more
#3. Last time i went, there was this one crazy girl running around hugging people, and everyone in cosplay she super-hugged, and its memorable just b/c the whole time, me n my friends were cracking up at the expressions some peple made when recieving a blind from behin hug, lol.

Capitán
08-28-2009, 07:37 PM
1: Yes its really, really fun. So much to do.
2: Expect people all over da place, cosplayers (lots of em), and weird events like masquerades and pocky dancing.
3: My brother dressed up as a Jack Skellington with stilts! The convention in Rosemont convention center was only 5 minutes from his hotel. And it took him 2 hours to get there. 2 HOURS! So many people stopped him for pictures, small chats, and more pictures.

In other words, GO TO A ANIME CON AS SOON AS YOU GET THE CHANCE.

╬Karami Mew~Meow
08-30-2009, 11:51 AM
Ahh, you can never tell what's gonna happen in a convention. Go to the main day, it's when many people go. The begining and last days are usually boring. Plus almost everyone's very friendly, so it's really fun. ^^

Misterex
08-30-2009, 12:22 PM
wow!
that sound's awesome:laugh: :laugh:

what day does the anime voice guest's get there?
and what do they do? do they do sign autograph's? what do they sign it on?

Bluemoon22
08-30-2009, 12:36 PM
That would depend on what convention you're going to. You can check online for a schedule, also when you get to the convention they should give you a schedule of the events. The voice guests should sign autographs, I believe there will be pages in your booklet (schedule) for that. Or, you can bring something else for them to sign, like a poster :) Voice guests also normally have a q&a or some other sort of seminar.

Misterex
08-30-2009, 12:43 PM
thank's :laugh:

also what kind of food do they sell.

and how much money mimimum would i need for 1 day?

this is a locol anime con'

Hollow Ichigo
08-30-2009, 03:19 PM
Personality I love going to Animefest. It's located in my home town, and I didn;t even know it till about 4 yrs ago. Now Im in love with it. Nothing was like my first yr going but it's still fun.

Bluemoon22
08-30-2009, 09:10 PM
I'm not sure exactly what yours will be like, but they will probably have snack food like pocky, other japanese candy, and ramune. The con I went to didn't really have much for food so we brought our own. As for money, that depends on how much you think you'll buy. Manga normally goes for around $7, posters you can get for pretty cheap, about $2. There's also lots of other stuff like plushies, figurines, music, dvds etc. If you want a costume though, expect to spend a lot more. Most people spend around $50-$100 at the convention I went to. Again, it's really up to you as to how much you think you'll spend.

╬Karami Mew~Meow
08-31-2009, 02:51 PM
Ah, yes, the only reason I wouldn't be able to go to anime cons. is because I'm broke X___X''' If you go to an anime con, you just HAVE to buy something ><'' you can't help it x.x;

Misterex
09-02-2009, 04:56 PM
how much is it for entry??

Capitán
09-03-2009, 02:11 AM
The price will depend on what convention your attending. Lets say your going to Anime Expo in Los Angeles california. That's by far the biggest anime convention on the west coast. I don't know exactly how much you need to register but if you include that with the price of a hotel room, food, and stuff to buy in the convention itself.... you best believe to reel in around 150-200 bucks. Even more if you want to splurge yourself with anime goodies.
Now you don't have to pay so much if you don't plan to buy anything, eat foods you brought yourself for 3-4 days, or stay with friends/family that live near the convention. Bottom line is that anime is a luxury and these conventions are annual so expect it to be a bit pricey.

Misterex
09-03-2009, 01:58 PM
is there anything else i should know about an' anime con'??

if not then thank you to all who posted something :laugh: :laugh:

baseofnara
09-03-2009, 03:37 PM
Yeah, I would bring earplugs just incase there’s a music show, or just plain show to go to. I forgot mine this year and I had to leave early because they blasted the music so loud and I was on the dance flour. They some times even give away free animes and posters at the shows as well. Some times the shows are good but they normally range in how good they are (example off tempo.). Also, don’t be afraid to ask if the price could be lowered a bit; especially if you’re buying a lot, people normally lower the price for me. In less you have that kind of charisma that works against you, because they may just raise the price instead I’ve seen it when people try to copy me.
/baseofnara

drm0ney
09-03-2009, 06:22 PM
Cons are alot of fun, i've been to 3. There's a lot of different events depending on where you go and when. The cost can be anything from free entry (a small local con around in my town) to i've spent like $600 on hotel, entry and things i've bought. (sakura con)
So i say go, i know the two larger ones i've gone to post there schedule online so you can choose which day to go. But go early if it's a larger con because you'll be standing in line for a long time. >.> kumori con i stood in line for 6 hours.
Plus, go in cosplay!!!! The looks you get around town are priceless :laugh: