PDA

View Full Version : Why don't you read my post?

Diocletian
08-24-2009, 09:56 PM
Do you even really read everyones posts in threads?

I usually don't read everyones post if they have posted more than three times in a thread. Usually after that it's just a +1 post count or a wikipedia link. If it's a thread where people are debating, I read every single post at least twice.

Anime Forum
08-24-2009, 09:59 PM
Um truthfully not all the time. I always read the intro post and some of the posts after, I'm too lazy to read them all. Lmfao, kinda a lot after a long time. A debate is different, I try to read most of em.<_<

Seņor Nobody
08-24-2009, 09:59 PM
I skip a few but I try to read at least 15/24 posts per page.

If it's a debate though, I'll read every single post, no matter the content or poster.

EDIT: Also, I have a bad habit of skipping over people I don't know. If somebody I know has posted, most likely I'll read their posts and overlook others.

Capernicus
08-24-2009, 10:03 PM
I skim all the posts. I'll stop and actually read if you are someone I know and/or I care about what you have to say. But, if you've posted in an impossible color for me to read, your post is devoid of punctuation, or its a huge block of text, tl;dr.

Alphabet
08-24-2009, 10:03 PM
I try to read over all the post, but if I don't, I'll skim through, and reread them later at lunch in school.
As for debates, flamewars, and Eris's wikipedia's redirected links, I'll read them all.
ooshy ooshy ooshy

Anime Forum
08-24-2009, 10:04 PM
I skim all the posts. I'll stop and actually read if you are someone I know and/or I care about what you have to say. But, if you've posted in an impossible color for me to read, your post is devoid of punctuation, or its a huge block of text, tl;dr.

So is my post thus avoided today =O!?

Capernicus
08-24-2009, 10:08 PM
So is my post thus avoided today =O!?
=P No, I know who you are.

Gjallarhorn
08-24-2009, 10:11 PM
I tend to read (or at least skim through) every post in a thread.

That being said, I spend a hell of a lot of time on AF.

Diocletian
08-24-2009, 10:15 PM
I tend to read (or at least skim through) every post in a thread.

That being said, I spend a hell of a lot of time on AF.

I don't understand how you can read every post in G&A. I try to do it, but everytime I see a "cutest anime character" thread or "Who do you want to marry?" I go into my own little corner and cry hot tears of shame.

Zodiac_Hart
08-24-2009, 10:20 PM
I do read every post in a thread that I find interesting, minus posts made by people I am not interested in reading. Also, I just don't read every thread out there.

Baka
08-24-2009, 10:25 PM
I read most of the posts in the threads I myself post in unless the thread is already 2+ pages before I got to it. Then I just skim over them and stop to read the ones that appear interesting. And of coarse if I know the person I read it even if it's boring.

Aizen-sama
08-24-2009, 10:27 PM
if its intereting and if i feel like it i do...but i get tired of reading

Gjallarhorn
08-24-2009, 10:28 PM
I don't understand how you can read every post in G&A.

It's not easy...believe me...it's not easy.

Feudal is even harder on me.

Khanxay
08-24-2009, 10:30 PM
I skim usernames until I find someone that is usually funny.

Miss Moonlight
08-24-2009, 10:30 PM
I don't read -every- post all the time, but if it's an interesting thread, i'll make sure to read all the posts. The most I read was around 25 pages.

Anime Forum
08-24-2009, 10:34 PM
=P No, I know who you are.

You made a man very happy today.

RaShayRitto
08-24-2009, 10:38 PM
i scroll through and glance at each post for a split second. based on post length, format, and the first few words i can decide whether i should read it or keep scrolling

if i were evaluating this very post i would skip over it in half a heartbeat

Seraphemei
08-24-2009, 10:53 PM
Well I read through ll the ones in this thread so far...

But when there are numerous ages, I usually skip the middle ones and pay attention to the first, and possibly last two... o.o Caus eI'm just lazy... unless I'm bored ad find people to be interesting.

I guess it all depends on mood.

Heinekenrana
08-24-2009, 11:06 PM
Most of the time I make an honest effort to read everyone's replies, unless I come to a post that makes my brain hurt. That's the point I'll start skimming over things - until someone starts making sense again, or until I'm so mystified I'm not even sure why I'm in my own house.

LOVE STUFF
08-24-2009, 11:07 PM
I like To read the threads that begin with interesting title or funny. I don't read some though. Sometimes I get disappointed with some of the thread because they seem really pointless.

RexCars
08-24-2009, 11:10 PM
I read every post.

Of the threads I actually open, which aren't that many.

Seta Souji
08-24-2009, 11:34 PM
Nope.

I read the first post in the thread and sometimes ones from users that usually say something intelligent or clever. Just enough to understand whats going on or until the small yellow font starts hurting my eyes.

DOOM!
08-24-2009, 11:55 PM
I don't read it unless it's shorter than two lines and the user has a funny avatar.

Say, does anybody know what the OP posted?

Ran-Sang
08-25-2009, 12:05 AM
Maybe the first two pages, then I start to skim. If it's a massive thread then I don't really look at the posts except for the starter post.

If the post is impossible to read, then I'll skip it.

sa5m
08-25-2009, 12:14 AM
I always read the first few, or up to the middle of the page. Then I kind of, um, scroll through the rest. >.> Unless it is a very interesting topic.

Cobra Commander
08-25-2009, 12:16 AM
I read most every post in the threads I open, unless I seriously dislike that poster. It's rare that I find such a poster.

Eris
08-25-2009, 12:25 PM
How much I read depends on how many posts in the thread there are. If, like now, I first encounter the thread with a page of posts, I'm not going to read all them. I'm not even going to skim through them. TL;DR.

I'm gonna read the OP, and then make a response. If there are more replies, and they are not all that many, I'll read them (and maybe back-track to any posts they quote). If there are 20 new replies though, I'm not going to read them. TL;DR again.

lilminx
08-25-2009, 02:42 PM
i dont read all the posts, only the intro and few after and towards the end. thats it, otherwise its too much to read

Stripes
08-26-2009, 07:34 AM
Hmm...most of the out here write just a word or two and the post is completed...so I don't really read those..but I do read the dragonball posts and the nsruto ones and yeah, sometimes I rread the intro posts....and yeah I read the first post...

IFS
08-26-2009, 08:30 AM
normally I would just read all the posts, that are done in colorfull captions or if the poster has a nice avatar or signiture, or if the poster is someone I know

Barcode.
08-26-2009, 09:22 AM
I don't read all the posts in a thread; I skim through them. I tend to stop and read posts made by witty users or users I've taken a liking to.
If there is a thread that has 3+ pages, I read the OP and a few posts underneath it. As for debates, I would read them all if I'm given enough time.

SigmaSD
08-26-2009, 10:01 AM
I tend to read every post most of the time because I want to know what everyone's opinion is on the topic. And some people reply things such as "yes" or say two words followed by /thread. So it doesn't really take too long reading something like that.

Rein*
08-26-2009, 10:14 AM
I'm a skimmer, I try to read evrything but when i see longer posts i'll more skim through to get the jist unless the first statement gets me interested then i'll read all of it

Diocletian
08-26-2009, 10:17 PM
How much I read depends on how many posts in the thread there are. If, like now, I first encounter the thread with a page of posts, I'm not going to read all them. I'm not even going to skim through them. TL;DR.

I'm gonna read the OP, and then make a response. If there are more replies, and they are not all that many, I'll read them (and maybe back-track to any posts they quote). If there are 20 new replies though, I'm not going to read them. TL;DR again.

If everything is TL;DR then what's the point of being on a forum? What's the point of posting our thoughts and opinions if people aren't even going to read them if they are of a decent length? That's discouraging people from making long, good posts.

i dont read all the posts, only the intro and few after and towards the end. thats it, otherwise its too much to read

I just literally threw my hands in the air and threw up. What's the point of even posting? If it's too much reading then this place obviously isn't for you. It's those type of posters that make "o lol, that video was funny" posts or those dreaded "Welcome to the forums" intro dwelling people.

lilminx
08-26-2009, 10:57 PM
I just literally threw my hands in the air and threw up. What's the point of even posting? If it's too much reading then this place obviously isn't for you. It's those type of posters that make "o lol, that video was funny" posts or those dreaded "Welcome to the forums" intro dwelling people.
the point of posting is to show your opinion and to see what others think. What i said doesnt mean it applies to ALL the threads, it applies mostly to the misc section. If i post somewhere else, if its a long discussion or if its interesting then obviously i read all the posts.

Dont tell me that the forum isnt for me when you dont even know me

Gr1mmy
08-26-2009, 11:39 PM
I generally read every post in a thread as long as it's 4 pages or less. Otherwise, I read the last 3 pages of the thread along with the first few posts. I find doing this prevents retardedityness and dumbnessness.

Manhattan_Project_2000
08-26-2009, 11:51 PM
Mine is a complex system that takes into account such factors as the topic itself, the individual poster involved, any special attributes (quotes, pictures, etcetera) and how tired I am.

Capernicus
08-27-2009, 12:11 AM
the point of posting is to show your opinion and to see what others think. What i said doesnt mean it applies to ALL the threads, it applies mostly to the misc section. If i post somewhere else, if its a long discussion or if its interesting then obviously i read all the posts.

Dont tell me that the forum isnt for me when you dont even know me

Based on what you posted the first time, I agree with Dio. Why even post? You won't read what other posted so why should anyone read yours? And since they might as well not read yours, your post may as well not even be there.

But your new post, well, just sounded like too little too late to me.

Gjallarhorn
08-27-2009, 12:22 AM
This (http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=89056) is what happens when you don't read other posts. Refer to the second post. If you don't get it right off the bat, read the first.