PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever wished an anime would continue?

baseofnara
08-23-2009, 12:23 AM
Have you ever wanted an anime would continue? is the question.

I’ve wanted the anime 'Peacemaker' to continue, but it stopped just at the climax in my opinion. I would have to say that’s one I truly wish would continue. I think they lost funds or didn’t have enough so they disbanded the company could have the facts wrong heard it from someone. Sure I’ve wanted other animes to continue but not as much as 'Peacemaker'. I guess when I started watching that anime it was already being closed down to not produce further in this anime and in others from the same line.
/baseofnara

The Grey Crane
08-23-2009, 12:43 AM
One particularly popular anime that i've wanted to continue was Rurouni Kenshin. It was alright until the Shishio arc but dramatically dwindled down afterwards, ending disappointingly and unable to redeem itself.

IcePriestess
08-23-2009, 05:42 AM
I wanted Special A to continue.
I wanted Code Geass to continue.
I wanted Rurouni Kenshin to continue.
I wanted Elfen Lied to continue.

Reasons: I love those anime :love:

_-Anonymous-_
08-23-2009, 07:06 AM
i wanted db Z to continue . . . not dbgt . .

RaShayRitto
08-23-2009, 11:24 AM
pretty much any anime based on a manga that finished well before the manga does. people should wait until the original work is done before adapting it, or keep adding more seasons

Anime Forum
08-23-2009, 12:02 PM
The whole dragon ball series, including dragon ball/dragon ball z/dragon ball gt. It was one of those shows that I grew up with and one of those shows I hate to see end.

SigmaSD
08-23-2009, 12:06 PM
The whole dragon ball series, including dragon ball/dragon ball z/dragon ball gt. It was one of those shows that I grew up with and one of those shows I hate to see end.

But all good things must come to an end, no? :p

I wanted School Rumble and Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu to continue. Those two anime were just hilarious and I could probably never get tired of the comedy at all.

wowzabunny
08-23-2009, 12:20 PM
eureka 7, the ending was kinda just like, POW boring

kirei-chan
08-23-2009, 12:54 PM
There have been tons of them that I've wanted to go on.

Haruhi
Chobits
.hack//SIGN
.hack//Liminality
.hack//ROOTS
.hack//Legend of the Twilight Bracelet
Midori no Hibi
Ninin ga Shinobuden
DearS

and so forth.

Pretty much any time I grow attached to a certain chracter or am entertained above norm.

DeMoNoFtHeFaLl666
08-23-2009, 01:11 PM
D.Gray-Man......

Bulma1017
08-23-2009, 01:49 PM
I love alot of Anime's but I pick two of my Fav.'s.

1. Is Dragonbll Z:( :mad: I was very upset when they ended it and started up Dragonball GT. Gt was good in Jap. but in the english version just plain Sucked! I wanted more DBZ T.T

2. Is Eureka 7, It was a great Anime and the ending could have been a alittle better I say, or they could have made more episodes and made more interesting, but nooooooo!!!!:banghead:

But that's just what i think....:p

Dreydor
08-23-2009, 01:57 PM
The one anime i wathed that was pretty good and should have continued was rave master. The series just ended after the fight with then saving ellie and it never continued on. You dont know if they met their goals,or ened up destroying darkbring, or beating that one guy who jumps in 2 episodes from the end, kicks everybodys ***, then leaves. I think they just ran out of funding or something

nekosenshi
08-23-2009, 02:18 PM
They should've waited and made Season 3 of Rurouni Kenshin the last arc of the manga instead of filler crap. So, I do wish it had continued, but in the right direction.

RaShayRitto
08-23-2009, 03:37 PM
forget continuing, i'm still waiting for someone to BEGIN an anime about me single-handedly saving the UK from the Chimera invasion. in the digitally remastered DVD all the facial hair will be computer generated and all guns will be replaced with popular cell phones

kirei-chan
08-23-2009, 03:50 PM
forget continuing, i'm still waiting for someone to BEGIN an anime about me single-handedly saving the UK from the Chimera invasion. in the digitally remastered DVD all the facial hair will be computer generated and all guns will be replaced with popular cell phones

Single-handedly? I seem to recall a nameless black sidekick. Sixaxis ftw

RaShayRitto
08-23-2009, 03:55 PM
Single-handedly? I seem to recall a nameless black sidekick. Sixaxis ftw

dualshock 3, sucka. sixaxis didnt have enough junk in the trunk

Capitán
08-23-2009, 07:28 PM
Welcome to the NHK.

sataned
08-23-2009, 11:28 PM
i would like to see some more Samurai Champloo

naruto's14
08-23-2009, 11:35 PM
Happy world, the show doesnt go in to the story enough

Gero50
08-23-2009, 11:40 PM
I would love it if Fruits basket would continue but sadly it will not at least as far as the anime goes.

Sashikizu
08-24-2009, 12:20 AM
pretty much any anime based on a manga that finished well before the manga does. people should wait until the original work is done before adapting it, or keep adding more seasons
Exactly. I just fined watching the Amatsuki anime, and upon further inspection, the manga isn't even done. The anime definitely left it wide open for a continuation so I hope it is continued, but yea. FMA is a great example of that too, although the first series ended well, with not ALL the answers, plus a movie that just confused the heck out of me with it's ending lol. Yay for Brotherhood!! ^_^

baseofnara
08-24-2009, 12:32 AM
i would like to see some more Samurai Champloo

I need to finsh that series some time. Good wish for wanting it to continue though I know the feeling.

Welcome to the NHK.

NHK? Thanks for the welcome though I thought that meant; a Japanese public broadcaster's official website with online news, profile, and press releases... blah blah. I don't think that was it some how.

Interesting... why don't you make your own anime/manga some time instead of waiting for someone else to do this. Then again, what does this have to do with my question, never mind doesn't really matter in the end.

They should've waited and made Season 3 of Rurouni Kenshin the last arc of the manga instead of filler crap. So, I do wish it had continued, but in the right direction.

Yep, I've had that similar feeling with other anime's as well, need finsih this anime series some time.

The one anime i wathed that was pretty good and should have continued was rave master. The series just ended after the fight with then saving ellie and it never continued on. You dont know if they met their goals,or ened up destroying darkbring, or beating that one guy who jumps in 2 episodes from the end, kicks everybodys ***, then leaves. I think they just ran out of funding or something

Rave Master, I haven't heard of that anime just the online comic. I need to check that anime out some time.

I love alot of Anime's but I pick two of my Fav.'s.

1. Is Dragonbll Z:( :mad: I was very upset when they ended it and started up Dragonball GT. Gt was good in Jap. but in the english version just plain Sucked! I wanted more DBZ T.T

2. Is Eureka 7, It was a great Anime and the ending could have been a alittle better I say, or they could have made more episodes and made more interesting, but nooooooo!!!!:banghead:

But that's just what i think....:p

Yeah, that happened a lot with the older anime just like the Drangon Ball series. I also fully agree with you with the Eureka Seven anime.

D.Gray-Man......

That's good to know.. hum I'm guessing becuase you like it and didn't want it to end.

There have been tons of them that I've wanted to go on.

Haruhi
Chobits
.hack//SIGN
.hack//Liminality
.hack//ROOTS
.hack//Legend of the Twilight Bracelet
Midori no Hibi
Ninin ga Shinobuden
DearS

and so forth.

Pretty much any time I grow attached to a certain chracter or am entertained above norm.

Good list.

eureka 7, the ending was kinda just like, POW boring

Eureka Seven did flop a bit for the ending, but it seems to be more commen now a days for some reason.

But all good things must come to an end, no? :p

Yes, very true.

I wanted School Rumble and Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu to continue. Those two anime were just hilarious and I could probably never get tired of the comedy at all.

Good small list.

Yeah, but at lest that anime series was long but I understand that feeling.

That seems to be common or in reverse even if it's annoying.

i wanted db Z to continue . . . not dbgt . .

Seems to be a popular pick of wishing an anime would continue.

I wanted Special A to continue.
I wanted Code Geass to continue.
I wanted Rurouni Kenshin to continue.
I wanted Elfen Lied to continue.

Reasons: I love those anime :love:
Sounds like a good list of wanting anime to continue, but at lest they had an ending even if the series where not very long like Elfen Lied.

One particularly popular anime that i've wanted to continue was Rurouni Kenshin. It was alright until the Shishio arc but dramatically dwindled down afterwards, ending disappointingly and unable to redeem itself.

I need to finsh this series some time, though it's good to know ahead of time that the ending lacks in some ways.

Aulos
08-24-2009, 12:40 AM
Ouran High School Host Club comes to mind.

And I'm saying that it should continue to follow the manga. The anime was AMAZING. I love how they adapted it. They really shouldn't have ended there!

The Grey Crane
08-24-2009, 12:43 AM
Another high-profile anime which i would like to mention is 'Slam Dunk'. It had a nice flow overall but ended abruptly as Shohoku was about to enter the big league. Now i don't have any problems 'bout open endings but we're talkin' 'bout Slam Dunk here. It's a basketball-themed anime, and just like basketball, it would've been better if it ended with a win or a loss.

baseofnara
08-24-2009, 12:44 AM
Exactly. I just fined watching the Amatsuki anime, and upon further inspection, the manga isn't even done. The anime definitely left it wide open for a continuation so I hope it is continued, but yea. FMA is a great example of that too, although the first series ended well, with not ALL the answers, plus a movie that just confused the heck out of me with it's ending lol. Yay for Brotherhood!! ^_^

Yeah, it seems to be more commen now a days for the reverse where the anime continues more then the anime, it's kind of funny really when I think about it. Back then it was the opposite that's why I think it's funny in a sad way.

I would love it if Fruits basket would continue but sadly it will not at least as far as the anime goes.

I agree with you too. Though, at lest it continues on for the manga and might continue for the anime show (hope more then fact).

Happy world, the show doesnt go in to the story enough

I need to check this anime out some time, though I might just read the manga instead.

baseofnara
08-24-2009, 12:58 AM

And I'm saying that it should continue to follow the manga. The anime was AMAZING. I love how they adapted it. They really shouldn't have ended there!

Yeah, I hear you and I do understand the feeling but at lest it had more episodes in it for the manga.

Another high-profile anime which i would like to mention is 'Slam Dunk'. It had a nice flow overall but ended abruptly as Shohoku was about to enter the big league. Now i don't have any problems 'bout open endings but we're talkin' 'bout Slam Dunk here. It's a basketball-themed anime, and just like basketball, it would've been better if it ended with a win or a loss.

Slam Dunk anime, I've heard of it but haven't had a chance to check it out yet. It seems to be very common now a days to leave a suspense where it's not needed either do to lack of funds or on purpose for some reason.

yakman1692
08-24-2009, 03:59 AM
I would have also loved Rave Master to continue, it's one of my favorite manga series, and I would have enojyed seeing the whole thing animated.

I would have loved to see Code Geass continue because its awesome, but I also love the ending so much that I would never want them to change it.

Seraphemei
08-24-2009, 09:11 AM
Honestly, every anime I've ever liked, I've wanted to continue...

baseofnara
08-24-2009, 04:41 PM

Sounds honest and I would have to agree with you there.

I would have also loved Rave Master to continue, it's one of my favorite manga series, and I would have enojyed seeing the whole thing animated.

I would have loved to see Code Geass continue because its awesome, but I also love the ending so much that I would never want them to change it.

I still need to check out Rave Master the manga series, good to know there's an anime too but I think it's a different one could be wrong though. I need to finish the Code Geass series, so I cannot comment on the ending yet.

ichimoku_fanboy
08-24-2009, 06:00 PM
im going with Loveless

that was a really good anime (total shounen-ai fan xD) and i really wish it woulda continued, whoever decided it would only be covering part of the manga should be shot... D-:<

Aizen-sama
08-24-2009, 06:32 PM
i would have loved to see tenjo tenge and tokko continue they stopped right in the middle of the juicy bits

heartsnanime
08-24-2009, 08:59 PM
Fruits Basket
Hamtaro
And i really miss other animes.. but i miss thoughs to alot.

1Inuyasha
08-24-2009, 09:08 PM
I wish please teacher was longer cause it was soooooo cute to me and it was funny as well but i wanted to see a few more episodes afterwards to see what might've happened cause it was only 13 of them.

heartsnanime
08-24-2009, 09:22 PM
I miss Hamtaro,Fruits Basket, happy world and Ouran High School Host Club it none of them should of ended~

baseofnara
08-28-2009, 06:01 AM
im going with Loveless

that was a really good anime (total shounen-ai fan xD) and i really wish it woulda continued, whoever decided it would only be covering part of the manga should be shot... D-:<

Yeah, I really liked the anime Loveless as well, but I wouldn’t say I’m a total shounen-ai fan just like good plot line stories for anime/manga. I need to check out the manga some time and if I can find the game. I always thought it was based on the game though, could be wrong just heard it through someone.

i would have loved to see tenjo tenge and tokko continue they stopped right in the middle of the juicy bits

I need to check out the anime/mange tenjou tenge some time sounds interesting though. I've seen a few Tokko episodes it was good just very different I just need to buy/rent the rest.

Fruits Basket
Hamtaro
And i really miss other animes.. but i miss thoughs to alot.

Hamtaro I’ve seen a few with my little nephue it’s a cute anime. I really like Fruit Baskets as well still reading the manga really.

I wish please teacher was longer cause it was soooooo cute to me and it was funny as well but i wanted to see a few more episodes afterwards to see what might've happened cause it was only 13 of them.

I’ve just started watching the Please Teacher anime really and from what I’ve seen I fully agree with you.

I miss Hamtaro,Fruits Basket, happy world and Ouran High School Host Club it none of them should of ended~

Yep, good list. I haven’t seen Happy World but I’ve heard a lot of people liked that anime/manga. Ouran High School Host Club, yep one of my new favorites really and I still need to finish reading the manga.

princess33
08-30-2009, 05:16 PM
good question^_^

there is a lot

1- la corda d'oro
2- peace maker
3-skip beat
4-ouran high school
5-lovely complex
6-ghost hunt
7-special A
8-toshokan sensou
9-vampire knight
10-hunterXhunter

i think those series deserve another seasons.

~J~
08-30-2009, 07:48 PM
-Fullmetal Alchemist would be nice. I'm curious what Ed and Al would do in our world during WW2 and would like for them to find a way to keep Al's memories and return to their home world so Winry isn't lonely...

-Sorta Code Geass, I just want to see if that carriage driver at the end was Lelouch.

-Ouran for sure, from what I hear, the manga continues for quite awhile and I'd like to "lol" for another season.

MangaFanGuy
08-30-2009, 08:51 PM
Elfen Lied would have been better if longer as then they could have given a better ending for it.
Another is Trinity Blood as it was stopped about halfway through the story so it is never properly resolved at all.
Ghost in the Shell because it is so awesome that any more would be good (Although they do have the Solid state society ones a TV series would be better IMO)

Zannthebored
08-31-2009, 02:57 PM
I wish that Lucky Star would continue. I'd also want Haruhi to continue, but a second season is already airing, so I think it might go on for a while.

baseofnara
09-01-2009, 09:45 PM
good question^_^

there is a lot

1- la corda d'oro
2- peace maker
3-skip beat
4-ouran high school
5-lovely complex
6-ghost hunt
7-special A
8-toshokan sensou
9-vampire knight
10-hunterXhunter

i think those series deserve another seasons.

Thanks, good list and I know most of them. I need to check out a few of them though finding a new anime or manga is always good.

-Fullmetal Alchemist would be nice. I'm curious what Ed and Al would do in our world during WW2 and would like for them to find a way to keep Al's memories and return to their home world so Winry isn't lonely...

-Sorta Code Geass, I just want to see if that carriage driver at the end was Lelouch.

-Ouran for sure, from what I hear, the manga continues for quite awhile and I'd like to "lol" for another season.

I hear that there's an OVA of Fullmetal Alchemist, it's just a few episodes I need to check it out for my self sometime. I also saw it at the anime convention I went to this year (for more information check out the web page at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Fullmetal_Alchemist:_Brotherhood_episodes) . Code Geass anime/manga, I still need to finish watching that anime and buy the manga some time. Yeah, I thought the Manga for Ouran High School Host Club continued more then the anime. I just need to finish the manga some time, I really lol'ed at the anime series though I agree another series would be great.

Elfen Lied would have been better if longer as then they could have given a better ending for it.
Another is Trinity Blood as it was stopped about halfway through the story so it is never properly resolved at all.
Ghost in the Shell because it is so awesome that any more would be good (Although they do have the Solid state society ones a TV series would be better IMO)

Elfen Lied I really liked that series, I agree it should have been longer I thought the ending was okay but I guess it was a bit open-ended. Trinity Blood, I need to finish that series I didn't know it ended half way though the story line. Ghost In The Shell, yeah I really liked the first movie the best the other one was okay.

I wish that Lucky Star would continue. I'd also want Haruhi to continue, but a second season is already airing, so I think it might go on for a while.

Yeah, Haruhi is a newer anime series so just wait and see. Lucky Star, I haven't seen that anime series yet but I do plain to (seen it in the movie rental store, I check it out to see what's new some times).

Morithias
09-02-2009, 12:09 AM

Thank god, I got to nearly the bottom of your page thinking 'Someone better say Ouran or I'm going to have to post something bad'

Glad to see I'm not the only one who loved that show.

RandomRawr
09-02-2009, 12:53 AM

I agree with you but, some anime series have had good endings and it would spoil it to continue.

baseofnara
09-03-2009, 08:17 PM
Thank god, I got to nearly the bottom of your page thinking 'Someone better say Ouran or I'm going to have to post something bad'

Glad to see I'm not the only one who loved that show.

Lol, yeah it is a good series both anime and manga.

I agree with you but, some anime series have had good endings and it would spoil it to continue.

Yep, that is true some times and some times it ends but continues in a different way. Like the 'Gundam' series and they’re still making them for example 'Mobile Suite Gundam Unicorn' in OVA to be made in 2010 and 'Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Movie' in 2010 but it says tentative for the movie so I don’t know. Any ways here the links for those who are interested http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gundam#Animated_series_and_films (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gundam#Animated_series_and_films) Just scroll down and you'll see it, it's in the list.
/baseofnara

Red&Stiletto
09-03-2009, 08:20 PM
Actually, all the animes I wished would continue, are. Its quite convenient. Saves me a lot of ranting time. XD

tenzo_groupie
09-04-2009, 03:03 AM
I would have liked Ranma 1/2 to continue, I was disappointed with the ending though.

TheSplundPopper
09-04-2009, 04:51 PM
Tokko ended at what looked like a halfway point. I really think it could have gone on further,at least until the box was complete.

Oyashenron
09-08-2009, 04:02 PM
Higurashi could have gone for at least another two seasons and shown us the rest of the year, but I guess Umineko works as a continuation, so I can't complain. It'd be nice to see Elfen Lied continue and adapt more of the manga.

Neddog
09-08-2009, 07:51 PM
Have you ever wanted an anime would continue? is the question.

lol, some question that is. I wish NONE of my favorite animes would stop airing new episodse. xD

oigrrrl805
09-08-2009, 08:01 PM
Yuyu Hakusho. I just loved it that much, I wish they would of had more episodes with Karasu...

naotavespaboy
09-09-2009, 12:40 PM
Welcome to the NHK. I would like to know how Sato and Misaki get on after the end.

FLCL. It was so good there has to be more.

The Grey Crane
09-10-2009, 02:39 AM
Yuyu Hakusho. I just loved it that much, I wish they would of had more episodes with Karasu...

Karasu was a token pretty villain, he was meant to die by the hands of the token pretty hero.

Just an add-on:

Space Runaway Ideon is my favorite mecha series, the series was cut short making it look end prematurely. It ended with good movies tho... (So there's not much of a problem here)

.Kuro
09-10-2009, 02:59 AM
The Gantz anime is worth getting continued but no studio would even attempt such a thing because of it's extreme violence and high quality. Would be nice to see the osaka mission on tv.

XDissidiaX
09-10-2009, 10:12 AM
Death note for me.

LeRolls
09-11-2009, 03:11 AM
I wish they had made a second season of Berserk.

Hanako-chan
09-22-2009, 02:44 PM
So many to chose from. OMG I want them all to go on.

Cyrus.
09-23-2009, 01:58 PM
its so many lol just to name a few elfen lied, nana, inuyasha o.o fruits basket, tenjho tenge, vampire knight and etc etc lol xD

Alias-Revolution
09-23-2009, 02:02 PM
Top five would have to be...

Inuyasha, Big O, Ghost in the Shell, Lupin III, and Sailor Moon.

I know. Old skool, right?

Edit: Had to trade Yu Yu Hakasho for Sailor Moon. Kinda girly, but it was what originally got me into anime... Plus most of the characters are hotter than doughnut grease... >.>

Rei
09-23-2009, 11:49 PM
I wish Code Geass had continued for a third season (I wish!) and Vampire Knight, at least for the run of the manga series.

fatalReflex77
09-23-2009, 11:53 PM
well for me ....I wished that death note would continue^^

reikalee
09-26-2009, 01:24 AM
I wanted Death Note to continue even if doing so will just render the sequel a flop.

There's a prequel for it though.

OtakuInu!!!
09-26-2009, 03:10 AM
I would like

Code Geass
Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge
Ultra Maniac
Elfen Lied

to continue.

Because I love them.

tsujigiri15
09-26-2009, 11:30 AM
Like several others I wish Rurouri kenshin had continued true to the manga! That would have been really awesome. Alas it was not to be.

I also would have liked to see a 3rd season of 'school rumble', again manga derived.

Finally a couple of my favourite series (i felt) had a bit more milage than the 26 episodes they got - azumanga daioh and samurai champloo. cowboy bebop too, but that wrapped up wel

Necro'lic Enigma
09-26-2009, 11:41 AM
Cowboy Bebop , i wanted this anime to continue so badly. It was a memorable , unique and a legendary anime for me.

Trinity Blood , cried my eyes out when i realized that this was the last episode , i enjoyed every part of this anime , and with such a beautiful soundtrack which was unforgetable.

The Getbackers , *giggles* i have such good memories with this one. From Genji screaming "Ban-chan!!" , to Akabane walking with his hat down and scaring Genji-chan making him chi-bi again. Totally , a fantastic anime.

Paradise Kiss , with 12 episodes , very different taste , good story and i just wished it had more episodes.

El Josh
10-01-2009, 06:58 PM
I'm going to agree with alot of you out and say:
Elfen Lied, it'd be cool to see how Lucy lived with them, and what not
Ergo Proxy, that could have had a little more too it
Well you gotta have more this one it is just epic and he never does what the intro says thousands of times, just MORE POKEMON, he never caught them all, filled the pokediex, became a pokemaster. I was come on now. Oh, and just the original pokemon, tho. it just got confusing after that.

Hugo-Kof
10-06-2009, 09:52 PM
Yes, Claymore and XXXHolic. I think they are still going on the manga (I do not read manga) and I would love to se a sort of a second sesason