PDA

View Full Version : [Help - Video] getting video's on my ipod

DeMoNoFtHeFaLl666
08-22-2009, 03:01 AM
im currently using ubantu operating system(Linux) and i need help getting my video's onto my ipod. Im using Rythmbox music player. If you guys can help that would be greatly apreciated

Akira Namikaze
08-27-2009, 02:13 PM
I know that in Windows, videos have to be a .mp4 format to go into an iPod.

Dreydor
08-27-2009, 03:06 PM
use videora video convertor to out it in the right format for your ipod

TheAsterisk!
08-28-2009, 07:18 AM
To clarify, is the OP concerned with the file formats involved, trying to sync things from Rhythmbox, or can the iPod not even be accessed as a drive as it is?

If the format is the issue, that's been covered; MP4s are necessary, but a certain dimension (pixels) is needed, too, but I don't know the specifics for iPods.
If it's just Rhythmbox acting up, you can always go in through the file manager and put the videos in the appropriate directory yourself.
If the iPod doesn't even show up as a disk, try to mount it as root or with a 'sudo' command (help, how-tos and tutorials abound on the web for disk mounting- it's how I learned it), then start the file manager with another 'sudo' to get in. I know I have to mount my little Sony Walkman that way, for whatever reason.

One last thing: out of curiosity, which version of Ubuntu are you running, if you don't mind? I use 8.04 on my hideous little beast.

DeMoNoFtHeFaLl666
08-28-2009, 03:32 PM
To clarify, is the OP concerned with the file formats involved, trying to sync things from Rhythmbox, or can the iPod not even be accessed as a drive as it is?

If the format is the issue, that's been covered; MP4s are necessary, but a certain dimension (pixels) is needed, too, but I don't know the specifics for iPods.
If it's just Rhythmbox acting up, you can always go in through the file manager and put the videos in the appropriate directory yourself.
If the iPod doesn't even show up as a disk, try to mount it as root or with a 'sudo' command (help, how-tos and tutorials abound on the web for disk mounting- it's how I learned it), then start the file manager with another 'sudo' to get in. I know I have to mount my little Sony Walkman that way, for whatever reason.

One last thing: out of curiosity, which version of Ubuntu are you running, if you don't mind?
ubantu 9.04 and thanks hopefully this info will help me

KleinKiessling
09-10-2009, 11:03 PM
I'm pretty sure you can download it in .mp4 format and convert it to fit on an iPod screen, not sure of the dimensions, though. Go to iTunes and add the file into the videos section, and then sync it. (I'm guessing..)