PDA

View Full Version : WoW Cataclysm

Manhattan_Project_2000
08-22-2009, 01:22 AM
BlizzCon is rolling, and they are releasing a bunch of info about the new expansion. I have to say, although I am not 100% on board with exploding the old world most, if not all of the other changes I'm reading sound awesome, particularly with itemization. Changing Hunters from mana to energy seems kind of iffy as they are describing it, but it should be easy enough to iron out in testing. I'm also happy that Lock soul shards are being changed to something like the DK rune system only the CD is out of combat and they can be refilled with Drain Soul in combat. Also, two words: TROLL DRUID. I am going to roll the hell out of that one. 10% in combat regeneration + removal of MP5 for spirit + Resto Druid? Resto Druids just got a whole lot more immortal.

Anyway, a link to the sort of stuff I'm talking about: http://www.mmo-champion.com/

Ryuuzaki HD
08-22-2009, 07:17 AM
Just when i start to get me life back again they go and do this, i'm going to have make a Worgen now and with lvl 85 cap I won't have time to do anything else.

Kishiro
08-23-2009, 08:24 AM
Holy. Poop.

The idea of some of these things they are introducting is just plain scary, yet awesome. I always wanted to be a human hunter.... And I guess the idea of Gnome mages is pretty cool. But holy crap, TAUREN PALADINS? Tauren Ret Pallies... -die- Troll Druids? Jesus. Though there is much speculation Druids are gonna get a nerf hammer here soon.

Flying mounts in Azeroth... half of the players have been wishing for it, half of them have been dreading and objecting the idea. The ganking on PVP servers will sky rocket. It's going to be insane. Will the Azeroth leveling quests be changed due to the physical change of the continents? This just crazy to fathem in some ways.

Worgen and Goblins... cool. People have been wanting to play as Goblins for a while, but this isn't the way they wanted it. They wanted a neutral faction. But I can see how that wouldn't really work.

Alas, I don't play anymore. But I'll be sure to find a way to see how this changes the game.

DeMoNoFtHeFaLl666
08-23-2009, 01:02 PM
Im actualy looking foward to this. Worgens FTW

Adorkable
08-24-2009, 05:01 PM
Can't wait tbh xD

Inactive Account 0061
08-25-2009, 03:34 AM
Getting pretty tired of wow tbh.

Cantelope
08-25-2009, 07:54 AM
The new racials are incredibly overpowered. On that note, Goblins look retarded as hell, in the sense of lacking in the aesthetic appeal department. =( I'd rather not level 1-85 all over again as a goblin mage just for pvp. Maybe they'll allow race changes by then?

Also, Deathwing is back? Awesome.

Manhattan_Project_2000
08-25-2009, 10:30 AM
On that note, Goblins look retarded as hell, in the sense of lacking in the aesthetic appeal department.

We must be looking at very different pictures. On a visual awesomeness scale, I'm ranking goblins #2 behind Trolls.

Example (http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/images/news/2009/august/Goblin%20Priest,%20Mage,%20and%20Warlock.jpg)

jason002003
08-25-2009, 01:34 PM
i am psyched about this new expansion. I am so glad that they are finally adding goblins in as PCs. It's like they were reading my mind (and many others as it may seem). I should be out of afghanistan by the time t comes out. (crosses fingures)

Cantelope
08-25-2009, 03:04 PM
We must be looking at very different pictures. On a visual awesomeness scale, I'm ranking goblins #2 behind Trolls.

Example (http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/images/news/2009/august/Goblin%20Priest,%20Mage,%20and%20Warlock.jpg)
Urgh, I think I'm about to hurl.

RandomRawr
08-29-2009, 05:36 PM
I am exited, but, its coming out next year in December so I am not to overjoyed but, werewolf (worgen) characters that's something to look forward to.

Hekse
08-29-2009, 09:20 PM
Also, Deathwing is back? Awesome.

I'm looking forward to seeing Deathwing as well. Can't wait for it.

Teddy2116
08-29-2009, 09:24 PM
Ok if they nurf the srubknights I'll think about playing again. I like what they are doing to hunter (ABOUT SMURFING TIME BLIZZARD!!!!!!) and the troll druid, I'm so re-rolling that and make it my main.

Manhattan_Project_2000
08-29-2009, 10:24 PM
Ok if they nurf the srubknights I'll think about playing again. I like what they are doing to hunter (ABOUT SMURFING TIME BLIZZARD!!!!!!) and the troll druid, I'm so re-rolling that and make it my main.

I've never understood the special hate people have for DKs. In PVP they are much less OP then Ret Pallys, Resto Druids, any decent rogue, or any decent frost mage. In PVE they do alright damage for a melee class, but nothing particularly special. My average item level is 200ish and I just hit 3k. DK tanking has already been nerfed almost to oblivion, although the itemization changes they are making should make if somewhat easier to gear a DK Tank. We always got the short end of the stick because tanking swords are 1h and therefor almost useless to us, and we can't use tanking shields which limits out def even more, never mind that anything with shield block is pointless for us. So them changing being uncritable into talents and turning shield block into delicious stamina makes it a godsend.

I'll agree that Undead not having hunters was bizarre, given that their leader is a Dark Ranger.

Teddy2116
08-29-2009, 10:38 PM
I've never understood the special hate people have for DKs. In PVP they are much less OP then Ret Pallys, Resto Druids, any decent rogue, or any decent frost mage. In PVE they do alright damage for a melee class, but nothing particularly special. My average item level is 200ish and I just hit 3k. DK tanking has already been nerfed almost to oblivion, although the itemization changes they are making should make if somewhat easier to gear a DK Tank. We always got the short end of the stick because tanking swords are 1h and therefor almost useless to us, and we can't use tanking shields which limits out def even more, never mind that anything with shield block is pointless for us. So them changing being uncritable into talents and turning shield block into delicious stamina makes it a godsend.

I'll agree that Undead not having hunters was bizarre, given that their leader is a Dark Ranger.

Well DK's to me were Locks with plate before I stopped playing. I mean that pull plus dots plus that thing that slows movement speed, like what the smurf punked my hunter everytime. Tho I never lost if I were using my prot warrior (Warriors FTW). As for tanking, druids had the same problem pre-wrath. Anyway I'm start playing again soon and also if you don't mind me asking but what server are you on I know your character somehow.

Manhattan_Project_2000
08-29-2009, 10:42 PM
My main is Scume on Twisting Nether, but I've been trying to level my Holy Pally Erasong lately (same server).

Also, Freeze Trap + Disengage after Death Grip. Even with talents they have a 20 sec cd in for you to kite them in. If they use their snare you should stun them and drop a fire or snake trap.

Teddy2116
08-29-2009, 10:55 PM
Eh, if its blood or frost spec'ed DK's that'll work but for unholy that pet stun (don't know why blizz gave DK's a pet) always gets me after I'm able to get away from them. Also playing on a POS comp sucks. I'll just switch my lock or my warrior to be my main tho I use to hate tanking for my guild. And no I haven't played on that server :(.

Manhattan_Project_2000
08-29-2009, 11:11 PM
Eh, if its blood or frost spec'ed DK's that'll work but for unholy that pet stun (don't know why blizz gave DK's a pet) always gets me after I'm able to get away from them. Also playing on a POS comp sucks. I'll just switch my lock or my warrior to be my main tho I use to hate tanking for my guild. And no I haven't played on that server :(.

It's not that great these days, but there's nothing like specing deep into beast mastery for The Beast Within.

Teddy2116
08-29-2009, 11:20 PM
eww Beast Numb lol. I still prefer MM or Surv, but now everybody wants to be surv so that took away my unique hunter style :(. Oh well lol

The Nightingale
09-02-2009, 09:35 PM
are you serious? I saw the trailer and such, thought it wus epic, but I didn't hear about the hunter thing (myself a hunter) I'm not sure I like that...

anyway I sorta like the idea of the old places being all...RAWR. But confused too...does that mean higher levels...and if so...whut will the nubs do?
I'm also kinda liking the idea of flying mounts everywhere~

Manhattan_Project_2000
09-02-2009, 10:17 PM
are you serious? I saw the trailer and such, thought it wus epic, but I didn't hear about the hunter thing (myself a hunter) I'm not sure I like that...

anyway I sorta like the idea of the old places being all...RAWR. But confused too...does that mean higher levels...and if so...whut will the nubs do?
I'm also kinda liking the idea of flying mounts everywhere~

They are adding more levels and messing with the old ones, not making the existing levels higher (well, they might mess with the level ranges a bit, but more so you can more smoothly level to 58 and not so you can avoid Outland and Northrend).

Cantelope
09-03-2009, 04:49 PM

Frost Mages and Resto Druids are no where near overpowered. In fact, druids are the most susceptible healer to being "globaled" in today's arena.

Manhattan_Project_2000
09-03-2009, 06:30 PM
Frost Mages and Resto Druids are no where near overpowered. In fact, druids are the most susceptible healer to being "globaled" in today's arena.

I don't do arena. All I know is that when ever I'm in a BG I'm getting two shotted by frost mages and am either frozen+shattered or slowed well out of melee range, and that everytime I kill a decent Tree it usually requires me spamming my interrupts and ideally another person DPSing as well. Resto Shamans are easy enough, Holy/Disc Clerics require some persistance, but they go down. Holy Pallys are somewhat hard, but all you have to do is brain freeze on a holy spell and you're well on your way.

Teddy2116
09-03-2009, 06:45 PM

Frost Mages are weak. Arcane is pure ownage, now as for Resto Druids they're still overpowered.

Genetic-Infection
09-03-2009, 07:08 PM
I am so psyched about this new expansion and I can't wait for it to come out. It seems amazing! I play a Blood Elf Paladin, its pretty fun. I really wanna get a goblin! Though I think that Blizz made a huge mistake there. Goblins were supposed to be neutral.

Cantelope
09-03-2009, 08:00 PM
I don't do arena. All I know is that when ever I'm in a BG I'm getting two shotted by frost mages and am either frozen+shattered or slowed well out of melee range, and that everytime I kill a decent Tree it usually requires me spamming my interrupts and ideally another person DPSing as well. Resto Shamans are easy enough, Holy/Disc Clerics require some persistance, but they go down. Holy Pallys are somewhat hard, but all you have to do is brain freeze on a holy spell and you're well on your way.
Unfortunately, pvp is balanced around arena performance, versus open pvp. A well played unholy DK is one of my worst enemies. If I don't have every single cooldown at my disposable, it's nearly impossible to beat an equally geared/skilled DK between his defensive cooldowns. Against a resto druid, you just need to get the upper-hand quickly, and use gnaw to have uninterrupted DPS for 4 seconds when his hots roll off. I'm not suprised with your experience against shamans and priests though.

Frost Mages are weak. Arcane is pure ownage, now as for Resto Druids they're still overpowered.
Mages playing as frost spec require a lot of skill to play. In any case a great frost mage > a great arcane mage. And again, resto druids aren't OP anymore. If anything it's those ridiculous prot/holy paladins (in 2s at least,, but that's been killed off this patch).

Teddy2116
09-03-2009, 08:17 PM
Mages playing as frost spec require a lot of skill to play. In any case a great frost mage > a great arcane mage. And again, resto druids aren't OP anymore. If anything it's those ridiculous prot/holy paladins (in 2s at least,, but that's been killed off this patch).
What do you mean frost mages are greater arcane... I almost one shot prot warriors when i played the game a few months ago.

Genetic-Infection
09-03-2009, 08:38 PM
Gunna have to agree.
My pally is holy and I never die. And the only thing that can really kill me off is a frost mage.
Pallys=OP
I'm working on a frost mage now. I want to know how it is that a frost mage can kill my pally, so...Yah.

Manhattan_Project_2000
09-03-2009, 09:37 PM
What do you mean frost mages are greater arcane... I almost one shot prot warriors when i played the game a few months ago.

Because Frost Mages have insane CC, decent Snares, and a bubble.

Teddy2116
09-03-2009, 09:44 PM
Because Frost Mages have insane CC, decent Snares, and a bubble.

Yes for BG's frost mages hold a little better chance over arcane but if you want to go for sure short kill shots, that arcane for you baby. I mean every person has their own play style.

Kuga
09-23-2009, 04:50 PM
I AM excited about worgens and Blood Elf warriors. I've always wanted a blood elf warrior.

But I'm not so thrilled about flying mounts in Azeroth, mainly because of PVP action. I foresee more complaints from lowbies.

Tauren pallies btw? Rofl. New definition for 'Holy Cow' -Snicker- But yeah, besides all that.. I think it'll be an awesome change. Way different, but awesome.