PDA

View Full Version : K-on!

RaShayRitto
08-14-2009, 10:59 AM
I just started this and I'm hooked! What an incredibly charming show. The animation and the facial expressions are great. its adorable how they draw that rounded teeth thing at the top of people's mouths. and the eyes are done really well. Boy the experiences these girls go through sure take me back to when i was first picking up guitar. I remember my first garage jam session and being the worst player! i can sympathize with Yui there. I'm also head over heels for Mio, though Yui is absolutely hilarious and charming as well.

great characters and a show with a ton of heart! I should recommend this to a friend of mine. she's coming over today to borrow one of my guitars because she wants to start. luckily she's more of a Mio than a Yui :laugh:

Gjallarhorn
08-14-2009, 11:25 AM
I want the creators of the show to burn for it.

You know, it started off okay. 4 girls. Music. Okay.

Except they ditched the music schtick after 3 episodes to focus on Yui being a ditz and Mio being afraid of everything. Then they added a 5th girl in to focus on her being a completely bland and useless character other than being a mini-Mio.

Moe crap like this is what is killing anime.

RaShayRitto
08-14-2009, 11:53 AM
they lose sight of the music aspect!? thats unfortunate to hear :( i mean sure the girls are charming enough but the music thing is what really hooked me. they way they actually bother sounding knowledgable about the subject matter resonated with me. showing the growing pains like building callouses and finger memory for chords.

man i was riding such a k-on high too, at least youre honest. btw, what does "moe style anime" exactly mean? shows where they focus on making female characters that fit a bunch of "types" so that male viewers will like the one character that resonates with their taste?

screamingpeanutdeath
08-14-2009, 12:14 PM
I love K-On! its so cute and funny! :3

I don't think they lost sight of the music aspect too much. if they focused on just that I think it would get a bit boring after a while. I like how they show the everyday struggles and stuff of the girls and throw in the music here and there too. its one of my fav new animes <3

RaShayRitto
08-14-2009, 12:28 PM
yeah thats been my impression so far! i find the slice of life stuff hilarious and cute

.Sev
08-14-2009, 01:31 PM
Oh sure, the first half is fine, but like horn said, half way it just turns on you. i cant believe they made another episode of this...

RaShayRitto
08-14-2009, 04:34 PM
lol sev i just noticed you quoted me in your sig

i'm honored

kurai_cho2
08-14-2009, 05:32 PM
YAY! K-ON!!! finally there's a thread that discuss this anime..... I've watched this anime until eps 13... that's awesome... I really like OP and ED from this anime... so powerful... but it's dissapointed I can't watch their performance in Boudoukan concert

RaShayRitto
08-14-2009, 06:03 PM
hey i like your avy and sig! The second i saw Mio i was like "whoa". just my kind of chick

haha thanks for ruining the ending for me kind of :)

kurai_cho2
08-15-2009, 02:40 AM
hey i like your avy and sig! The second i saw Mio i was like "whoa". just my kind of chick

haha thanks for ruining the ending for me kind of :)
hahaha... thanXs ^^ I really like Mio too... her bassist style is awesome.... she is like proffesional

Dogmat
08-15-2009, 02:53 AM
I've heard a good deal about this show. Might be one that I should check out once I get a few other shows outta the way.

RaShayRitto
08-15-2009, 06:53 AM
alright so i just finished this and i've got to disagree with people who say it goes down hill after a while. the balance between slice of life and the music aspect stays pretty much the same until the end, which was pretty awesome (episode 12). So the rocker in me was entertained until the end! i dont really understand why the 13th episode exists, its a complete waste of time. was it released some time after the show was over?

anyway. freaking love this show! it needs another season

edit: @kurai i agree i really liked her playing stlyle as well. I think it was a bit unrealistic how good they were considering how much they actually practiced/how long they'd been playing. i think in a real world story the bassist would probably still be playing alot of root notes, and the lead guitar lines wouldnt be half as good as they were. Now that i think about it episode 13 should have been an epilogue like maybe years down the line it shows them when they're big and playing the boudoukan. instead we got a pretty pointless 20 mins of nothing. oh well here's hoping for another season or something. i wonder if the story goes farther in the manga

Gr1mmy
08-16-2009, 01:50 PM
Show starts out great, but I must say that I'm disappointed with how it ends. Highlights definitely include the OP and ED. Don't Say Lazy is one of the greatest EDs I've ever seen and Mio developed a ridiculous fanbase pretty fast. A second season would be great, but it's rather unlikely. I hope I'm proven wrong, since this anime could use some closure.

Gjallarhorn
08-16-2009, 01:51 PM
I hope I'm proven wrong, since this anime could use some closure.

Closure for what? It doesn't even have a story to close.

Gr1mmy
08-16-2009, 02:03 PM
Closure for what? It doesn't even have a story to close.

True, it is a 4-koma based and slice of life anime. Closure was an inappropriate word to use. However, the ending was still rather unsatisfying. The anime falls short with an ending that was trying to close up the story with a goal change and left me pretty aggravated.

kurai_cho2
08-16-2009, 03:33 PM
@RaShayRitto: yeah, indeed. there's work hard to coordinate the group and unrealistic if they are expert in the short time. I think the ending is weird and short. I think there will be season 2 for this anime