PDA

View Full Version : Gintama Anime & Manga

Diocletian
08-09-2009, 06:26 PM
http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd326/Winters_Fang/Gintama/395573.jpg

The samurai didn't stand a chance. First, the aliens invaded Japan. Next, they took all the jobs. And then they confiscated everyone's swords. So what does a hotheaded former samurai like Sakata "Gin" Gintoki do to make ends meet? Take any odd job that comes his way, even if it means losing his dignity. (Source: Viz)

Gjallarhorn
08-09-2009, 06:30 PM
From what I've heard of it, it's just a plain sword-fighting manga with little real story behind it, so I've never really looked into it, though I've certainly been aware of it for a very long time.

The only interest I really have in it is that Base Ball Bear's new single, "Stairway Generation" was apparently used as a theme song for its anime adaptation.

SgSpecial
08-09-2009, 06:34 PM
Gintama is hilarious. Its not action, its just wierd comedy: samurai+aliens=???
I like the series alot. If you like comedy definatly read it

Diocletian
08-09-2009, 06:37 PM
From what I've heard of it, it's just a plain sword-fighting manga with little real story behind it, so I've never really looked into it, though I've certainly been aware of it for a very long time.

The only interest I really have in it is that Base Ball Bear's new single, "Stairway Generation" was apparently used as a theme song for its anime adaptation.

It's a gag manga that is mainly a parody of Rurouni Kenshin. It's fun.. depending on your sense of humor. If you don't like "lolwth" manga like Gag Manga Biyori and Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, it might not be for you.

Neddog
08-09-2009, 10:16 PM
lol, yeah. Certainly not a plain sword-fighting manga. xD

I love Gintama and never miss it. Well, I'm actually a few behind right now, but I'm just about to rectify that situation. I don't think I've seen a funnier anime ever yet, overall.

Of course there's a few groaner episodes, but even on them they seem to pull something off that's really funny or even heartwarming. But when they're hot, they're sizzling!