PDA

View Full Version : how does the GTO manga compare to the anime?

RaShayRitto
08-09-2009, 09:02 AM
i picked up the manga YEARS ago but only read the first two books put out by tokyo pop. i just finished the anime (43 eps) and thought it left things a bit too open ended. Is anyone familiar with how they show measures up with the manga? I'm guessing the manga probably continues the story where the show leaves off (or at least i'm hoping thats the case).

i also wonder if i'm mistaken about where the show actually ends. 43 seems like a weird number...

Diocletian
08-09-2009, 06:14 PM
Yup, it's 43. The manga is a bit better because it continues on and doesn't leave on a sour note. The anime is better than the manga because of the soundtrack and such. While the manga is great, it's missing the feel the anime had.

RaShayRitto
08-09-2009, 10:11 PM
i havent read the manga in a while but i think i actually prefer it to the anime :). good to know that there's more story, i have to go buy the manga again

ParaParaJMo
08-11-2009, 12:05 AM
well, if you want a complete story, go for the manga. the manga elaborates how and why onizuka became a teacher and i thought that was important, and thought it was a hilarious back story. plus, i enjoyed some of the other characters later introduced in the manga such as the girl who knew tae kwon do, and the grandson of the director.

but of course i also recommend the drama.