PDA

View Full Version : What's your alignment?

Eris
08-08-2009, 06:50 AM
(Wiki link explaining alignments (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alignment_(Dungeons_%26_Dragons)#Alignments). I'm sure you can find some quiz online if makes you shout and cry TL;DR.)

What is your alignment?

I'm somewhere between Chaotic Good and Chaotic Neutral. I don't think law and tradition have any inherent self-value, but favor personal liberties, and don't think peace and security weigh more than them.

miniPhil
08-08-2009, 07:06 AM
I think I'd fall under Chaotic Good, I'm not a big man on authority. I think my old D&D character was the same.

None of the above
08-08-2009, 07:16 AM
I remember having taken such a test. Besides, in an analytical moment of thought I would talk about myself as Lawful Neutral tending to Lawful Good.

Gjallarhorn
08-08-2009, 08:18 AM
I've tried a few of these before. I got Chaotic Good most of the time, Chaotic Neutral once.

Señor Nobody
08-08-2009, 08:28 AM
I've tried a lot of quizzes and I got Neutral Good most of the time.

Manhattan_Project_2000
08-08-2009, 10:10 AM
http://www.animeforum.com/image/1075646f4072a9a2ea.jpg

Or, if you prefer, chaotic neutral or neutral (but not true neutral).

sa5m
08-08-2009, 10:28 AM
I'm Lawful Neutral.

Called the "Judge" or "Disciplined" alignment, a lawful neutral character typically believes strongly in Lawful concepts such as honor, order, rules and tradition, and often follows a personal code. A lawful neutral society would typically enforce strict laws to maintain social order, and place a high value on traditions and historical precedent. Examples of lawful neutral characters might include a soldier who always follows orders, a judge or enforcer that adheres mercilessly to the word of the law, or a disciplined monk. Characters of this alignment are neutral with regard to good and evil. This does not mean that lawful neutral characters are amoral or immoral, or do not have a moral compass; but simply that their moral considerations come a distant second to what their code, tradition or law dictates. They typically have a strong ethical code, but it is primarily guided by their system of belief, not by a commitment to good or evil. James Bond is a commonly cited lawful neutral character

Teddy2116
08-08-2009, 10:31 AM
I got True Neutral
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r163/KaynoKay/Motivational/TrueNeutral-Dutch.jpg

Heinekenrana
08-08-2009, 11:50 AM
Chaotic Good is what I usually get when I take the quizzes and such (I think I got Chaotic Neutral once). Now, if I could just a longcoat like Mal Reynolds's, I'd be set.

Bonedeath
08-08-2009, 12:09 PM
From what I have read from all the D&D books I am chaos.

Eris
08-08-2009, 12:11 PM
From what I have read from all the D&D books I am chaos.

That's three alignments.

Cobra Commander
08-08-2009, 12:16 PM
I think Lawful Evil might be a good fit, since I nearly always act within a certain set of rules and laws - but I'm always out for myself first. And if I had the chance to be a tyrant...yeah, I'd take it. It says that I don't care for the rights of others, which isn't true. I care that we all have rights, but I don't have any concern for those unwilling to exercise them, or stand up for themselves.

Lawful Evil

Lawful Evil is referred to as the "Dominator" or "Diabolic" alignment. Characters of this alignment see a well-ordered system as being easier to exploit, and show a combination of desirable and undesirable traits; while they usually obey their superiors and keep their word, they care nothing for the rights and freedoms of other individuals. Examples of this alignment include tyrants, devils, undiscriminating mercenary types who stay true to their contracts, and soldiers who are highly loyal but enjoy the act of killing.

Like Lawful Good Paladins, Lawful Evil characters may sometimes find themselves faced with the dilemma of whether to obey law or evil when the two conflict - however their issues with Law versus Evil are more concerned with "Will I get caught?" vs "How does this benefit me?"

Boba Fett of Star Wars, and X-Men's Magneto [7] are cited examples of Lawful Evil characters. The Lawful Evil outsiders are known as Baatezu.

Storm Strife
08-08-2009, 12:28 PM
At a vague guess, Lawful Neutral. Possibly bordering on Good.

lilminx
08-08-2009, 01:38 PM
im neutral good ^^

Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki
08-08-2009, 02:05 PM
Although I tend to play Lawful Good Paladins, I'd say I'm personally Lawful Neutral. It's pretty hard being Paladin in a Chaos party o_O;.

3pleT
08-08-2009, 03:06 PM
Well, I got a bit of Chaotic Good, Chaotic Neutral and Neutral Evil. I often do some bad things to people who deserve it and show pleasure in doing so. I follow my own heart and shrink rules and traditions as much as I can as long as I'm not at any kind of loss by doing it. I typically act out of self-interest, but do not specifically enjoy seeing innocent people suffer and, depending on how much they mean to me and how dangerous helping them might be, I may or may not do so. I have no qualms about turning on my allies-of-the-moment, no compunctions about harming others to get what I want, but neither will I go out of my way to cause carnage or mayhem when I see no direct benefit to it. I like to think of myself as hurricane and everyone who gets hurt as collateral damage, but I'm trying to keep it low to avoid making enemies.

Also, according to the description, any Lawful and Neutral other than Evil means either religious, very young, or just plain stupid and Chaotic Evil means serious lack of self-control, none of which describes me.

Mrpurple
08-08-2009, 06:32 PM
I dont play D&D but what I read from the wiki my personality would be Chaotic Neutral. I do what I want and say what I want to say I dont care about what others think nor how they feel about it I dont go out of my way to do bad things nor do I go out of my way to do good things. I geuss I am an Apathetic person :\

Storm Strife
08-08-2009, 07:11 PM
Though wait a second...seeing as 4th ed is out, shouldn't we go by that?

Sure, it's been condensed to Good, Lawful Good, Evil, Chaotic Evil and Unaligned, but surely that simply streamlines the process of making a character, allowing you to create a character faster and get right into the WHO DECIDED THIS SHOULD BE A GOOD IDEA?!

Eris
08-08-2009, 07:28 PM

Sure, it's been condensed to Good, Lawful Good, Evil, Chaotic Evil and Unaligned, but surely that simply streamlines the process of making a character, allowing you to create a character faster and get right into the WHO DECIDED THIS SHOULD BE A GOOD IDEA?!

4th ed is basically the Windows ME of D&D. No sensible people are using it.

Sparda
08-08-2009, 08:36 PM
i got exactly what i expected, Chaotic Neutral

Cless Alvein
08-08-2009, 09:24 PM
I've taken this test before and it only proves what I already know. I am ridiculously Lawful Good. There's just no comparison. I make Paladins look like Mercenaries. I even have my own written moral code because laws and the military's code of conduct weren't good enough for me.

Acnologia
08-08-2009, 09:27 PM
I've always gotten Chaotic Good. It makes sense, I am good, but I like to do things on my own too.
I'm a law abiding citizen, but I don't really care if others break it, unless their friends/family.

Manhattan_Project_2000
08-08-2009, 09:28 PM

4th edition is a lie.

Hikaru_Hitachiin
08-09-2009, 02:01 AM
i got LAWFUL NEUTRAL ..

Sh0u
08-09-2009, 02:49 AM
I took a test and got lawful evil D: weird. But then again I do like thief characters so it's not too much of a surprise.

Diocletian
08-09-2009, 06:17 PM
I believe neutral neutral. I really don't side myself with anything of the sort. I tend to only be biased when it involves me.

Marshmallow Fluff
08-09-2009, 10:57 PM
I'm Neutral Good. :)

nekosenshi
08-10-2009, 10:09 AM
I'm lawful neutral.

DOOM!
08-11-2009, 01:28 AM
http://www.tigerknight.org/albums/posters/chaotic_evil_hannibal.jpg

Haoie
08-11-2009, 03:38 AM
Lawful neutral, good tendencies.

SigmaSD
08-11-2009, 11:46 AM
Based on your answers to the quiz, your character’s most likely alignment is Lawful Neutral.

Lawful Neutral

A lawful neutral character acts as law, tradition, or a personal code directs her. Order and organization are paramount to her. She may believe in personal order and live by a code or standard, or she may believe in order for all and favor a strong, organized government. The common phrase for lawful neutral is "true lawful." Lawful neutral is the best alignment you can be because it means you are reliable and honorable without being a zealot.

What? I'm a girl? :confused:

Gr1mmy
08-16-2009, 08:21 PM
Your Character’s Alignment

Based on your answers to the quiz, your character’s most likely alignment is Neutral.

Neutral

A neutral character does what seems to be a good idea. She doesn’t feel strongly one way or the other when it comes to good vs. evil or law vs. chaos. Most neutrality is a lack of conviction or bias rather than a commitment to neutrality. Such a character thinks of good as better than evil. After all, she would rather have good neighbors and rulers than evil ones. Still, she’s not personally committed to upholding good in any abstract or universal way. Some neutral characters, on the other hand, commit themselves philosophically to neutrality. They see good, evil, law, and chaos as prejudices and dangerous extremes. They advocate the middle way of neutrality as the best, most balanced road in the long run. The common phrase for neutral is "true neutral." Neutral is the best alignment you can be because it means you act naturally, without prejudice or compulsion.

----

Apparently, so am I.

Teddy2116
08-16-2009, 08:51 PM
Based on your answers to the quiz, your character’s most likely alignment is Lawful Neutral.

Lawful Neutral

A lawful neutral character acts as law, tradition, or a personal code directs her. Order and organization are paramount to her. She may believe in personal order and live by a code or standard, or she may believe in order for all and favor a strong, organized government. The common phrase for lawful neutral is "true lawful." Lawful neutral is the best alignment you can be because it means you are reliable and honorable without being a zealot.

What? I'm a girl? :confused:

According to this you are a girl. How does it feel? :)

ShizukaSasayaki
08-18-2009, 10:41 AM
Took a quiz, got Neutral Evil.

A neutral evil villain does whatever she can get away with. She is out for herself, pure and simple. She sheds no tears for those she kills, whether for profit, sport, or convenience. She has no love of order and holds no illusion that following laws, traditions, or codes would make her any better or more noble. On the other hand, she doesn’t have the restless nature or love of conflict that a chaotic evil villain has. The criminal who robs and murders to get what she wants is neutral evil. Some neutral evil villains hold up evil as an ideal, committing evil for its own sake. Most often, such villains are devoted to evil deities or secret societies. The common phrase for neutral evil is "true evil." Neutral evil is the most dangerous alignment because it represents pure evil without honor and without variation.

--excerpted from the Player’s Handbook, Chapter 6

naotavespaboy
08-23-2009, 03:35 PM
Choatic good. I did some test thing. Apparently I see whats right but like to do things my own way. I don't really know if this is a good thing or not....

RaShayRitto
08-23-2009, 03:42 PM
my favorite D&D character from my high school days was chatoic good or something. i abused the hell out of my ability to walk on walls and boosted the CRAP out of my jump ability, much to the dungeon master's dismay ^^

naotavespaboy
08-23-2009, 03:45 PM
Huh? D&D. You mean like Dragonlance and that sort of thing? I used to love those novels as a kid.

kirei-chan
08-23-2009, 03:45 PM
I've always been somewhere between true neutral and chaotic neutral. I've got the free spirit thing going for me, but typically I pretty much just tread the line.

RaShayRitto
08-23-2009, 03:48 PM
Huh? D&D. You mean like Dragonlance and that sort of thing? I used to love those novels as a kid.

Dungeons and Dragons, aka: bunch of nerds hang out in a basement and roll a 20 sided die. those were the days

-Batman-
08-23-2009, 07:29 PM
I'm Chaotic Batman

RaShayRitto
08-23-2009, 07:36 PM
I'm Chaotic Batman

i think i've only seen three posts by you, and every single one was in character

you truly are batman :o

DeMoNoFtHeFaLl666
08-23-2009, 07:48 PM
I believe neutral neutral. I really don't side myself with anything of the sort. I tend to only be biased when it involves me.
/agree

Capitán
08-23-2009, 08:48 PM
Neutral.

Gjallarhorn
08-23-2009, 09:08 PM
Neutral.

There's three kinds of neutral, as far as alignments go. Lawful Neutral, Neutral Neutral (True Neutral), and Chaotic Neutral.

Try taking an Alignment test; you can google search for one.

Manhattan_Project_2000
08-23-2009, 10:46 PM
There's three kinds of neutral, as far as alignments go. Lawful Neutral, Neutral Neutral (True Neutral), and Chaotic Neutral.

Try taking an Alignment test; you can google search for one.

Neutral Neutral and True Neutral are different. Neutral is not being especially biased in regards to good/evil or law/order. The average human is neutral. True Neutral is a philosophical bent towards neutrality. If they see too much evil/chaos they help the good/law restore to restore the balance and vice versa. In D&D terms this almost always means Druid.

Barcode.
08-23-2009, 10:58 PM
Based on a quiz I took, my alignment is Neutral.

"A neutral character does what seems to be a good idea. She doesn’t feel strongly one way or the other when it comes to good vs. evil or law vs. chaos. Most neutrality is a lack of conviction or bias rather than a commitment to neutrality. Such a character thinks of good as better than evil. After all, she would rather have good neighbors and rulers than evil ones. Still, she’s not personally committed to upholding good in any abstract or universal way. Some neutral characters, on the other hand, commit themselves philosophically to neutrality. They see good, evil, law, and chaos as prejudices and dangerous extremes. They advocate the middle way of neutrality as the best, most balanced road in the long run. The common phrase for neutral is "true neutral." Neutral is the best alignment you can be because it means you act naturally, without prejudice or compulsion."

Yugure's Goddess
08-23-2009, 11:05 PM
I've taken a few alignment tests. Got True Good every time. I is Neutral good, through and through...

Nothing I can do about it, I suppose... *is not awesome*

<3 Dani

Killapac
08-25-2009, 03:36 PM
i got Chaotic Evil

Lavos
08-26-2009, 12:48 AM
I'm some where around chaotic neutral.

Tetsanosuke
08-26-2009, 06:42 PM
4th ed is basically the Windows ME of D&D. No sensible people are using it.

Hear-hear! xD

I believe I used to be Neutral Good, but that has shifted over time to Lawful Neutral. It's crazy when I think about it, as me an my friends have talked about this sort of thing between DnD games.

I'm a Lawful Neutral person who hangs out with several True Neutrals, a Chaotic Neutral, and a Lawful Evil person (some estimations). Quite the party in my reality.

ShadowWalker
09-02-2009, 07:17 AM
I have an altered personality, so while I have a baseline about NG, I have times where I am NE, I can totally justify murder, and the disappearance of a body.

Lavos
09-04-2009, 03:21 PM
I have an altered personality, so while I have a baseline about NG, I have times where I am NE, I can totally justify murder, and the disappearance of a body.

I think if you are sometimes NG and sometimes NE, I think it would be better to put you at CN.