PDA

View Full Version : List of FREE MMOs?

Forgotten Show
08-05-2009, 01:47 PM
Po folk like me gotta game every now and then, and I've traditionally enjoyed MMOs. Recently I discovered Rappelz (http://rappelz.gpotato.com/), which is actually pretty good (despite a really, really crappy out-of-game interface and no keyboard movement option). More to the point, it's free.

So let's hear it: anybody else played any free MMOs that they've enjoyed? If so, post the game's name, a link to their website, and a brief description. I'll start.

Rappelz (link (http://rappelz.gpotato.com/))

An MMORPG with a pretty high (100+) level cap. It's out-of-game controls are clunky and poorly-described, but workable. Character creation is generic, with very little customization. In-game, I've enjoyed certain story elements and general controls, but the lack of keyboard navigation gets on my nerves and makes it a less fun game after an hour or two. The pet feature is pretty neat, and definitely makes life a little easier.

Bad Memory

_-Anonymous-_
08-05-2009, 02:22 PM
i played a total of 10-15 mmos as i have some bad habit of downloading them all -.- .

My favorites are :

Requiem : bloodymayre
Goriest mmorpg available and is awesome ! free to play but after lvl 40 becomes crapy as the paying-players for "Extra" stuff makes the game imbalanced.

Jade empire : (present game i am currently playing)

awesome graphics and the factions Are pretty cool

World of warcraft (private servers ) :
my favorite only "IF" it was not that lonely.

9-D (nine dragons)
nice factions but gets boring later

ShinigamiKid
08-06-2009, 05:47 AM
I like LineageII and I think that it's the best MMORPG.

Forgotten Show
08-06-2009, 01:36 PM
It's also not free, which is precisely the point of this topic.

Bad Memory

Flah Blah
08-06-2009, 02:47 PM
Sword of the New World
Cabal
Maplestory
RF Online
Last Chaos
Gunbound
Fly For Fun

Eh, that's all I can think of for now.

Forgotten Show
08-06-2009, 04:37 PM
Okay, well, Rappelz is gone. Too clunky an interface, which is unfortunate. Next up is Shaiya (http://shaiya.aeriagames.com/info/intro). We'll see how that goes...

Chances are I'm going to edit the first post after a while to compose an actual list of what I've tried and what's been found to be fun or lacking.

Bad Memory

Teddy2116
08-08-2009, 01:22 AM
I like gunbound personally

What about this Asda story I've been seeing popping up everywhere I go. Has anyone looked into it yet?

Kitanoru
08-08-2009, 01:49 AM
The three MMORPG's I am familiar with include:

1. Atlantica Online *favourite MMORPG to this day* [This one is really good if you like RPG's with a turn-based combat system with bountiful quests and crafting skill capabilities. You can acquire many different mercenaries to aide in your formation, upgrade your equipment and your mercenaries gear, and go fishing. In this game you can have a personal market to sell your wares or sell them in the many towns that are scattered across the world. The mercenary system adds a bit of a strategic feel to this game as well.]

- housing system and new mercenaries are coming out soon. They should be out in the next month or two, maybe even sooner.

2. Conquer Online [This game is not turn-based, it has some quests, but no where near as many as Atlantica Online. It makes for a good grinding game. It doesn't offer fishing, and crafting skills. But it does offer equipment enhancement, and a housing system. The market system is time consuming, but if you don't mind leaving your character on 'away' status for a few hours, this might be the game for you.]

3. Silkroad Online [Haven't played this one in a while so I can't sum up that much information, but it has various classes that you can play as, and it allows the use of a pet battle system too, along with your main character.]

Cantelope
08-09-2009, 05:08 PM
Perfect World is a relatively new F2P MMORPG, haven't seen anyone mention it yet. Standard cookie cutter Fantasy MMO. Pretty good character customization.

Ace Online is an interesting one. It's a hybrid MMORPG/Flight sim. The pvp is fun, but it takes quite a bit of willpower to grind it out to the level 70s where the game really begins =|

In any case, honestly I've played nearly every one of these F2P MMOs and I'm always thinking within one week: "Man, WoW is so much better than this. =("

The old adage stands true, you get what you pay for.

gaburieru
08-10-2009, 01:30 AM
Okay, well, Rappelz is gone. Too clunky an interface, which is unfortunate. Next up is Shaiya (http://shaiya.aeriagames.com/info/intro). We'll see how that goes...

Chances are I'm going to edit the first post after a while to compose an actual list of what I've tried and what's been found to be fun or lacking.

Bad Memory

I've tried it and it is absolutley ok for a free MMO. The problem is the kind of lame PvP.

_-Anonymous-_
08-10-2009, 02:15 AM

I am telling u now this game has no Grip , trust me shaya sucks more then rappelz .

And ya , if u r a Turnbased strategy fan , Then Atlantica online would be the best choice for u .

Teddy2116
08-10-2009, 02:45 AM
Perfect World is a relatively new F2P MMORPG, haven't seen anyone mention it yet. Standard cookie cutter Fantasy MMO. Pretty good character customization.

Yes I have played it and it got boring quick, I guess cause it reminded me too much of WoW

_-Anonymous-_
08-10-2009, 03:20 AM
Yes I have played it and it got boring quick, I guess cause it reminded me too much of WoW

When i played "ruins of magic" ( i don't care if the spelling is wrong)

it totally reminded me of WoW .

THE GAME SUCKS!!!!

Inactive Account 0061
08-10-2009, 06:33 AM
Almost impossible to find a GOOD free mmo tbh...

Maybe they are fun for the first 10-15 lvl's but then they often gets really boring.

Teddy2116
08-11-2009, 10:47 PM
Almost impossible to find a GOOD free mmo tbh...

Maybe they are fun for the first 10-15 lvl's but then they often gets really boring.

Eh, I think gunbound is a good MMO, and WoW on a private servers are awesome cause you don't have to lvl at all. I haven't had much time to check out the MMO's lately so I can't really add any to my list to play. I'll ask around and find out what's good out there