08-05-2009, 07:38 AM
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e220/capernicussensei/cadcada.jpg

Genre:
Eurodance, Europop, House

Band Members:
Natalie Horler (pictured)
DJ Manian
Yanou

Yes, contrary to popular belief, Cascada is a band and NOT an artist, though Natalie Horler makes an excellent front woman imo. Anyway, this band was formed in 2004 with their first album Everytime We Touch (also the title of their hit single). This album really put Cascada on the proverbial map. They released three other singles from the album (Truly Madly Deeply, A Neverending Dream, and Miracle). Their second ablum, Perfect Day was released in 2007 and featured, once again, hit singles (Perfect Day and Faded). Recently the band has released their third album, Evacuate the Dancefloor, which has rivaled even Michael Jackson, King of Pop, in iTunes downloads.

I love this band so very much. I've seen it get a rather lot of hate from people who claim to be into "real" dance, trance, and techno, by which I assume they mean underground. I suppose people see Cascada as being sellouts due to their massive popularity, but I don't find that the case at all. True their lyrics are rather corny and almost invariably about love, and their bass lines fairly ordinary, but I can't help but love their music. These elements could easily spell disaster, yet Cascada brings these together quite elegantly. Natalie Horler has a very strong voice, ideal for this genre of music, and DJ Manian and Yanou bring everything together with amazing arrangements.

I personally find Everytime We touch to be mediocre at best, but since it is their most well-known I will include it here.

Everytime We Touch [official music video]

4G6QDNC4jPs

Miracle [official music video]

ehzDSoErCW4

Ready for Love

iAgrikRoeZ0

Listen to Your Heart [cover]

F69CQRaPdb4

Perfect Day

vYQm9mEbNy8

Faded

F3S-uVrJep4

Reason

TlkvnXqbFUU

Teddy2116
08-05-2009, 09:58 AM
OMG I love her, ever since I heard Every Time We Touch its been the love song of my life. Thanks Caps now I know a little more about her

Myrra
11-19-2009, 02:04 PM
Bump (too many band threads closed by the time limit)

Skylar1
11-19-2009, 03:28 PM
Oh, I love Cascada. She did a Really good remake of a Rascal Flatts song, What Hurts the Most. The massively heavy tempo is the best part about her songs. Lyrics are amazing too.

sa5m
11-19-2009, 03:43 PM
Idk, I never liked them too much.. I always thought their music all sounded the same. Like somehow all the melodies were connected and sounded similar. O_o

SigmaSD
11-19-2009, 09:28 PM
Cascada is a great pop singer who doesn't need those voice modifier things to sing amazing (like Britney Spears). She is talented indeed.

Bulf
11-20-2009, 04:09 AM
Cascada is pretty good. Admittedly, some of their songs are a little repetitive or sound too similar, but I really like them. o:

WillemStyle
11-20-2009, 04:24 AM
Nice beat, better versions then the original songs.. she covers things awesome!

Mayonnaise-Senpai
11-21-2009, 08:17 PM
I enjoy her music. I find her new song "Evacuate the Dancefloor" being one of the top songs on my iPod. lol!

But I have to agree with Hyphen. Some of her songs do sound the same.

Capernicus
11-22-2009, 04:42 PM
But I have to agree with Hyphen. Some of her songs do sound the same.
How is that any different from other artists? Didn't you know that Funky Cold Medina and Wild Thing are the same sing?

http://www.paulspond.com/index.php?entry=21

Way to go Tone Loc.