PDA

View Full Version : You Know You Are Obsessed (with anime) When:

liketotally13
08-02-2009, 02:33 PM
Continue on from here until we get to 100:

1. You go on this website
2. You find yourself dreaming about anime characters
3. Your day is mostly spent thinking about anime
4. Your friends are sick of you talking about it that whenever you mention it they block their ears.
5. Whenever you see a new manga book coming out you HAVE to get it
6. You've learned bits of Japanese from watching it

PLS CONTINUE!!

Diocletian
08-02-2009, 09:53 PM
Continue on from here until we get to 100:

4. Your friends are sick of you talking about it that whenever you mention it they block their ears.

PLS CONTINUE!!

We're back down to one.

2. You know who Ishiguro Noboru is. And he isn't the creater of guro, you sicko.

.Sev
08-03-2009, 01:28 AM
7.You pretend you're doing a magical girl transfermation ever time you dress.
8.You only stop watching anime to
Go here
Get food (limited to 3 minutes)
Sleep (only two hours every week)
Play anime themed video games
Read manga
9.You don't wear any clothes that are not cosplay. Ever.
10.You keep jumping into wells.
11.You expect people that get hit by cars, trucks, semis, and bullets to heal several seconds later for no apparent reason.
12.You wont admit that hot/cold water won't change your sex.
13.You fill your notebook with the names of people you hate.
14.You buy random fruit in the hopes that you will become rubber some day.
15.You know all the hand signals from naruto. And can make them just as fast as the characters can.

Demond
08-03-2009, 02:07 AM
When everything you say refers to something from atleast one anime or manga

Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki
08-03-2009, 02:12 AM

1. Seriously? I can name several people who aren't even remotely obsessed.
2. I guess that's obsessive.
3. That's just lack of imagination.
4. That's not normal. I recommend reconsidering your topics of conversation if your friends are doing that.
5. If you're rich, that is.
5. No. Just no.

9.You don't wear any clothes that are not cosplay. Ever.
10.You keep jumping into wells.

9. Please tell me civilized human beings don't do that.
10. Number 9

Starting from where Dio left off,

3. You know where "That's Doctor Sane. He's a little eccentric, about five degrees" actually comes from.

IFS
08-03-2009, 03:09 AM
15. u know all the hand signals from naruto. And can make them just as fast as the characters can.lol I can do this, but I struggle a bit with the bird one.

.Tatty.
08-03-2009, 08:51 AM
when you come addicted to pocky?
when you become an overweight 40odd something black man living in his moms basement spamming racist comments on an animeboard

Teddy2116
08-03-2009, 12:11 PM
when you become an overweight 40odd something black man living in his moms basement spamming racist comments on an animeboard

First off pocky taste great

and secondly.... LMAO!!!!!!!!

wowzabunny
08-03-2009, 12:46 PM
when u join this site
and think u are the anime and live inside a anime and eat anime and fuse with it

Luluko
08-03-2009, 01:17 PM
- When you are of the "subs > dubs always" mentality.

IcePriestess
08-03-2009, 01:22 PM
when u join this site
and think u are the anime and live inside a anime and eat anime and fuse with it

Eating anime? :eek::eek::eek: Never thought of it. Thanks :D

When you go outside, kill some people and think that nothing will happen(that's what usually happens in anime).

When you create plans to take over the world...

When you think that you have some "Powers" and sit day and night, trying to find them in yourself.

When you print images of anime and then hang them on the walls(full wall) and then you stare at them, thinking about all anime and characters.

When you fall in love with anime character and think, write, dream only about him/her.

When you have visited all the Anime forums that exist in this world and read every post every person have written.

SigmaSD
08-03-2009, 01:46 PM
When you worship Osamu Tesuka as a god.

3. You know where "That's Doctor Sane. He's a little eccentric, about five degrees" actually comes from.

Gosh I know I've heard that from somewhere... (Star Blazers???)

Luluko
08-03-2009, 02:40 PM

I don't think this a plan that is exclusive to anime/anime characters only.

- When you call other people's name with 'san', 'kun' and 'chan' at the end.

Teddy2116
08-03-2009, 03:34 PM

I been had those plans before I even heard of anime LOL

sapphirewyren
08-03-2009, 05:12 PM
16. You try to do an 'anime fall'.

Zodiac_Hart
08-03-2009, 05:29 PM
When you can recite every line off of your favorite anime and can pull off a really good cosplay/impression of your favorite character.

Also when you go to every anime convention in and out of country.

Ryuuzaki HD
08-03-2009, 05:56 PM
When you are willing to pay HMV's price's for DVD's.

liketotally13
08-08-2009, 10:40 AM
1. Seriously? I can name several people who aren't even remotely obsessed.
2. I guess that's obsessive.
3. That's just lack of imagination.
4. That's not normal. I recommend reconsidering your topics of conversation if your friends are doing that.
5. If you're rich, that is.
5. No. Just no.

9. Please tell me civilized human beings don't do that.
10. Number 9

Starting from where Dio left off,

dude look i dont give a **** about ur commentary no offence

Seņor Nobody
08-08-2009, 10:48 AM
When you make a thread listing how you are obsessed with anime.

Cobra Commander
08-08-2009, 12:42 PM
Obsessions are unhealthy. Seek help.

Just about all of the things listed here are not really part of an obsession. You HAVE to have a new manga book when it comes out. Well...when I see a new Tool album, I HAVE to have it. Am I obsessed? No, I like many, many other bands just as much.

People often spend much time each day thinking of their hobbies and things they enjoy. I.E. I spent much of yesterday at work [I can do this because all I usually do is drive, and there's no radio] about what I wanted to make for dinner, what I wanted to try at the gym, and where I was going to level my world of warcraft character.

No obsessions here.

If you don't "care" about commentary other members make, then you might consider not starting any threads. Discussion is the function of a forum, regardless of whether or not you like the replies.

sataned
08-08-2009, 04:09 PM
when you get turned on by it!!!

Shin Natsume
08-08-2009, 04:18 PM
I'm not obsessed with anime, though I do enjoy watching it. I've probably only seen about 60 anime series in my lifetime. And the fact that I do indeed visit this website nullifies the statement of "people going on here are obsessed with anime".

Diocletian
08-08-2009, 05:34 PM

Beawoo, not anime fan. Well, there is often a thin line in between anyway.

Bonedeath
08-08-2009, 09:05 PM
People often spend much time each day thinking of their hobbies and things they enjoy. I.E. I spent much of yesterday at work [I can do this because all I usually do is drive, and there's no radio] about what I wanted to make for dinner, what I wanted to try at the gym, and where I was going to level my world of warcraft character.

Yeah at my work they play the same exact top 40 play list over and over again. Anime is one of the many subjects helps me ignore the annoying songs day after day.

Gero50
08-09-2009, 12:12 AM
When you can't stop talking about a particular anime character.

.Sev
08-09-2009, 03:29 AM
Ok, how come so many people are posting saying that they are not obessed with anime?

Nobody asked anywhere on this list, anywhere, if you are obessed with anime or not. You dont have to tell us...

TKTwilight
08-09-2009, 03:38 AM
Whenever you pose in front of a mirror, you imagine sparkles all around you.

When you spray-paint your mouse yellow and start calling it "Pikachu".

When even your pet watches anime. (Happened to a friend of my brother's a while ago. He had a pet hamster who used to watch Hamtaro every day when it was on. if you even reached for the remote, she tried to bie you.)

When you start spouting French whenever you kick someone.

When you can flawlessly recite the "Great Saiyaman" Intro that Gohan says in DBZ. (My friend Stephen has been known to do this at times.)

NOTE: I have not done anything on this list. Well, maybe sparkling in the mirror...

liketotally13
08-09-2009, 09:33 AM
Obsessions are unhealthy. Seek help.

Just about all of the things listed here are not really part of an obsession. You HAVE to have a new manga book when it comes out. Well...when I see a new Tool album, I HAVE to have it. Am I obsessed? No, I like many, many other bands just as much.

No obsessions here.

If you don't "care" about commentary other members make, then you might consider not starting any threads. Discussion is the function of a forum, regardless of whether or not you like the replies.

ok i just wrote down those as obsessions to start everyone talking i wasnt really thinking about them. what i meant was just that this was for everyone to list their thoughts without other people cutting them down. and mine are bad i admit it. but that was because of the rush. sorry.

lilminx
08-09-2009, 12:34 PM
- when you try to imitate those smiles they do in anime http://www.anime-revenge.net/images/rina-smile.jpg
-when you actually have crushes on anime characters and won't even look at the people around you
- when more than half of your music list consists of anime songs from random shows
- when you start talking like those people from anime

Diocletian
08-09-2009, 06:12 PM
Ok, how come so many people are posting saying that they are not obessed with anime?

Nobody asked anywhere on this list, anywhere, if you are obessed with anime or not. You dont have to tell us...

That's because obsession stouts the mind. Fandom and obsession are two completely different things.

I'll add some in for anime FANDOM:
- You listen to the Anime World Order podcast devoutly and can understand everything they say.
- When you've seen almost everything on crunchyroll.
- You know what Sigikki is.
- You can tell the difference between a Post-WW2 Tezuka manga and Post Drifting Life manga.
- You know what gekiga is.

Shin Natsume
08-10-2009, 12:44 AM

Why can't you ignore it?

.Sev
08-10-2009, 12:55 AM
That's because obsession stouts the mind. Fandom and obsession are two completely different things.

I'm just saying, why are people posting they are not obessed? Just because your adding to the list dosen't mean people assume you are.

Why can't you ignore it?
See above statement.

.Sev
08-10-2009, 12:55 AM

I'm just saying, why are people posting that they are not obessed? Just because your adding to the list dosen't mean people assume you are.

Why can't you ignore it?
See above statement.

Suiseiseki~
08-10-2009, 10:57 AM
When you call your sister for imouto.

KnightofZero
08-10-2009, 02:01 PM
HAHA these are funny to read. my favorites so far is paying store price for box sets and when you join this site.

when you listen to the OST's over and over again
when you ask yourself why don't i live during this time.
when you stop and think "how would 'x' handle this situation"
when you get other people into anime
when a conversation about the story turns into huge discussion on the entire series.
when you get depressed for a few days after you finish watching a series

.Sev
08-10-2009, 07:59 PM

Uh oh...

liketotally13
08-11-2009, 09:14 AM
HAHA these are funny to read. my favorites so far is paying store price for box sets and when you join this site.
when a conversation about the story turns into huge discussion on the entire series.

Whenever i start talking with my other friends that like anime that happens ALL THE TIME! its crazy, and everyone around us looks at us like: "huh?"

Aizen-sama
08-11-2009, 12:03 PM
when i like every anime you watch
when u try to imatate the voices of your fav characters
when u watch them woth no bathroom and food breaks
when all u watch is anime
when u have every thing in your room anime(sheets,wallpaper etc.)
when u get mad when someone calls it a cartoon
when u wish u was in the anime world of you fav animes/manga
when u memorize lines
when your dvr is filled mostly with animes

SgSpecial
08-11-2009, 12:24 PM
when you have the full series, special addition of the first volume and first japanese volume of the same series...(not that I would know >.>)

when building gundam models is fun (also not that I would know >.>)

.Sev
08-11-2009, 11:10 PM
when i like every anime you watch

Ya, you have to be pretty obsessed to like every anime I like. I like every anime you watch too. I am so obsessed.

etherealsymphony
08-13-2009, 12:40 PM
When you have a 500g external hard drive filled with nothing but anime

Serpentarius
08-13-2009, 01:04 PM
start getting naruto-inspired tattoos

Luluko
08-13-2009, 03:38 PM
- When you stop using the letter L and start pronouncing things in your language like table= tabure, L= Eru, etc.

- When you actually believe and start explaining to others that you and character x have the same personality and tastes.

Recently met a girl who acts like Misa... oh Dear God.

.Sev
08-13-2009, 05:37 PM

Lol.:eek:

Serpentarius
08-13-2009, 06:08 PM
when you have the full series, special addition of the first volume and first japanese volume of the same series...(not that I would know >.>)

when building gundam models is fun (also not that I would know >.>)

bulding gundam models is lots of fun! slightly frustrating but fun nonetheless. epyon!!!

- When you stop using the letter L and start pronouncing things in your language like table= tabure, L= Eru, etc.

- When you actually believe and start explaining to others that you and character x have the same personality and tastes.

ROTFLMAO

etherealsymphony
08-13-2009, 10:47 PM

I hope i NEVER meet a girl that acts like Misa, LoL!

I have one that actually happened to me tonight. You rather talk about anime than go pee!! :)

Serpentarius
08-13-2009, 11:28 PM
start saying "kuso" instead of its french counterpart
start drinking tea with no sugar to be more like "sensei"
name pets after characters

YounGuru
08-14-2009, 05:10 AM
You dream about being a character in the anime.

Xombii
08-16-2009, 02:17 AM
when you fill up a 30 gig ipod video with anime movies, and watch them to get to sleep at night xD

OtakuInu!!!
08-16-2009, 02:50 AM
Buy the merchandise
Make yourself as a fan on their fan profile in social sites
Familiar with the creators
Declare yourself as an OTAKU
continue...

I should know I am one myself.