PDA

View Full Version : .Hack, what have i gotten into?

RaShayRitto
08-02-2009, 04:10 AM
hey guys, so i just finished watching .hack//sign and felt like a lot of things were left underdeveloped. Then i saw that there were OVA episodes but those only served to confuse the crap out of me with new characters out of nowhere and such. wanting some clarity, i hit up wikipedia only to find out just how EXPANSIVE the .hack franchise is! I dont even know where to start so i was wondering how i should go about it if i wanted to really wrap my head around the .hack universe. I'm mainly interested in the cast from //sign and Aura, but from the looks of things i've seen all there is to see on that.

anyone care to help me decide on an attack plan? i really wanna get all the essentials so i'm not lost but i wanna save the optional stuff (like "Gift) for later on.

btw, i have a feeling the OVA eps werent meant to be seen right after //sign or something. any idea on what i missed in between?

Zombie Panda
08-02-2009, 11:45 AM
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What%27s_the_chronological_order_to_watch-read-play_the_dot_hack_series

I'll be honest, there's a lot of stuff to go over & it seems there'll still be stuff coming, but the above link should give you an idea of where to start.

Knightmare
08-05-2009, 07:14 PM
Ahh gotta love that complex story that makes your brain hurt, brings back fond memories. Here is A link to the the .hack wiki (Instead of just the generic one) which will help a lot in regards to explanations when used with Zombie Panda's link.

http://dothack.wikia.com/wiki/.hack//Wiki

Zombie Panda
08-05-2009, 09:39 PM
Yeah, that would help... :unsure: Thanks for the backup. :P

Teddy2116
08-05-2009, 09:52 PM
Sweet this helps me out also, I'm still in a state of confusion about .hack :(

RaShayRitto
08-05-2009, 10:08 PM
*sigh* :(

Tsuki.
08-05-2009, 10:22 PM
lol. Ah, how I love .hack//.
Don`t think I can help you,
but I think you really would like the stories more than those links.
Yea, the video games, .Hack//infection is where it all started, I think. There`s also the books, .hack//another birth.
They go through the video games, so it`s four books long. Really quick reads, and they`re easier than going through all the links. XD
They make things make sense.
Of course, there are other parts to it, like the twilight saga (is that it?) and Ai Buster, but Kite/Blackrose`s stories are the most important.
But, since you`d not like to do all that, you can read the boring links. XD

Teddy2116
08-05-2009, 10:27 PM
Uh, maybe try reading the mangas (I don't know if its the same storyline or maybe just altered a bit) but its worth a shot

Tsuki.
08-05-2009, 10:29 PM
Oh, yea, forgot.
.Hack//XXXX.
Haven`t read it, but I hear it`s basically the same storyline.

Teddy2116
08-05-2009, 10:39 PM
Oh, yea, forgot.
.Hack//XXXX.
Haven`t read it, but I hear it`s basically the same storyline.

Word... to the interweb, wait I'm here already... to Amazon.com go!!!