PDA

View Full Version : '80s and '90s nostalgia

Mavericker
08-01-2009, 06:23 PM
With the 2010's coming up are people still going to be nostalgic for the '80s or for the '90s?

Archaic Devices
08-01-2009, 08:30 PM
I knew you'd make a thread about this since you were talking about this forever in chat. 90s had a lot of good shows in it that I miss :(

Mavericker
08-01-2009, 09:37 PM
I knew you'd make a thread about this since you were talking about this forever in chat. 90s had a lot of good shows in it that I miss :(

You aren't old enough to remember the '80s.

Annik
08-01-2009, 09:40 PM

Like Power Rangers?

Cause that's what I miss.

Fiery
08-01-2009, 10:07 PM
I was a 90s kid and will always be one.

Mavericker
08-01-2009, 10:50 PM
I was a 90s kid and will always be one.

'80s were better.

-Batman-
08-01-2009, 11:02 PM
'80s were better.

That...Still doesn't change the fact she was born in the 90's...
Nor does it...Change the fact that she'll never...uhh...not be born in the 90's.

Edit:Oh, and I guess I can answer the question.

Probably, yes. Just because it's 2010 doesn't mean there aren't a lot of 20-30 something's still...you know, living.
Personally, I was born in 88, but don't have memories of those last two years of the 80's.
I will, however, fondly remember the 90's.
Batman, Power Rangers, Anime before I knew what Anime was, Nintendo 64 being impressive and jaw dropping.

Of course i'll remember some terrible things too.
Batman and Robin, American Godzilla movie, Furby, Saved by the Bell...

Yep, the 90's I tell you what.

Fiery
08-02-2009, 08:47 AM
That...Still doesn't change the fact she was born in the 90's...
Nor does it...Change the fact that she'll never...uhh...not be born in the 90's.

Edit:Oh, and I guess I can answer the question.

Probably, yes. Just because it's 2010 doesn't mean there aren't a lot of 20-30 something's still...you know, living.
Personally, I was born in 88, but don't have memories of those last two years of the 80's.
I will, however, fondly remember the 90's.
Batman, Power Rangers, Anime before I knew what Anime was, Nintendo 64 being impressive and jaw dropping.

Of course i'll remember some terrible things too.
Batman and Robin, American Godzilla movie, Furby, Saved by the Bell...

Yep, the 90's I tell you what.

Actually, I was born in the 80's... but that doesn't mean I remember it. The only thing I get out of the 80's is new wave. Other than that, there are loads of things I loved from the 90s, and loved about the 90s when I was old enough to know what they were and appreciate them.

Like...

Pogs
Warheads candy
Crazy Bones
Pokemon cards
Bop It
Gushers
Grunge
Clerks (Kie has reminded me I've yet to see Clerks 2)

More things... help out with the list, guys. Rejuvenate the 90s!

Forgotten Show
08-02-2009, 11:04 AM
I'm sure a certain White House secretary belongs on that list.

Bad Memory

Heinekenrana
08-02-2009, 12:56 PM
As far as the 90s go, I remember stuff like Beanie Babies, the start of Oprah's Book Club, the (re)birth of WWJD?, Zubaz pants (and I think eventually an entire clothing line of that stuff), and Beavis and Butthead. I was born in '76, but I don't remember a whole lot from the 80s as I lived in Germany for part of that time, and the trends and news were presented a bit differently to us growing up there. From what my mother's told me, the news was pretty limited on what they actually reported, and we got shows and such six months after they aired in the US, due to the fact that the military-run channels and such didn't keep up with the current airdates for things.