PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know anything about Flash?

Mavericker
08-01-2009, 07:42 AM
I'd like to make some Flash 'toons when I get the chance. Do most people use single frame or double frame format when they animate? Can you use a digital camera or do you have to use a scanner?

Storm Strife
08-02-2009, 02:45 PM
I'd like to make some Flash 'toons when I get the chance. Do most people use single frame or double frame format when they animate? Can you use a digital camera or do you have to use a scanner?

As a note, you don't actually have to draw all your frames out in real life. A lot of people use a stylus and draw everything in Flash itself. The only real time I've seen people import hand-drawn pictures into Flash is when they're going to use it for finishing touches.

With that in mind, there are two ways of animating. There's the bog-standard frame-by-frame animating, which takes a while to get to grips with, but usually results in better quality animation. Then there is a method I can't remember the name of. But, from (poor) memory, you draw the starting position of the object, then in another frame, you draw the end position. Finally, you tell the software you want the object in frame 1 to look like the object in frame 2, and how many frames it will take.

Tsundere Works
08-05-2009, 09:37 PM
Then there is a method I can't remember the name of. But, from (poor) memory, you draw the starting position of the object, then in another frame, you draw the end position. Finally, you tell the software you want the object in frame 1 to look like the object in frame 2, and how many frames it will take.
Motion Tweened Animation