PDA

View Full Version : Gothic Lolita Wallpaper

MistressPookyChan
12-31-2003, 11:08 PM
There is an artist (Nocturne (http://www.cc.rim.or.jp/~urara/index1.html)) that has some beautiful art. I especially love their lolli goth inspired art. Here is a little thing I played around with. I like how it is now, but if you think there is anything I could add to it, let me know. (no, im not changing how blurry it is, nor am i changing the color... though sepia did look nice...)

MistressPookyChan
12-31-2003, 11:18 PM
I'll just through my second wallpaper featuring art from Nocturne on here. This one I would love to get a little cretique on, mainly because i dont know what else to do on it.

omicron_15
12-31-2003, 11:28 PM
nice, gothic lolita though isnt my cup of tea.

RequiMem
01-01-2004, 01:29 AM
I really like the composition of the first image. Wouldn't change a thing.

I think the character in the second image doesn't look as if she is really in the background. Try brightening and darkening areas on the character to make her look as if she's really in the lighting of the church. You could also let some of the fog go over her. It also looks like there are some little spots and lines where you missed while extracting her.

Also, it's up to your preference, but I try not to use a white outline of a character on a dark background. I think it pulls the character out of the scene ,which can be good, but I don't believe so in this case.

ownerizer
01-01-2004, 02:13 AM
I was not expecting things that close on the first one. It nearly gave me a heart attack.

MistressPookyChan
01-01-2004, 02:30 AM
I tried without giving her a white background and you could barely see her feet because they blended in too much with the background. maybe the fog can fix that...

didn't even think about the church lighting! thanks for pointing that out.

wizz-o-matic
01-01-2004, 06:26 AM
Did u try to add some white glow around the char (in the 2nd wp) -> to make her floating in the air.

Other than that, nice wp!

PS. Maybe I'll also try to make a wp of those images on that site ;)

diablo111
01-01-2004, 09:26 AM
I like the first one alot...it has a misty, whispy kind of feel to it, nice work!

The second one...she just doesn't look like she belongs there, can't quite say why though :(