PDA

View Full Version : Legend Of Dragoon

Dai
12-31-2003, 03:16 PM
anything of legend of dragoon

Yamcha
12-31-2003, 04:28 PM
I don't think I've ever played legend of dragon; whats it about?

Dai
12-31-2003, 05:35 PM
its a red guy who saves the world with middle aged peple who have the power to turn into dragoons dragon warriors.

Yamcha
01-01-2004, 09:40 AM
>.> dosn't sound half bad

Dai
01-01-2004, 05:28 PM
the characters are weak compared to final fantasy charaters

Yamcha
01-01-2004, 06:20 PM
well no video game characters really are

Dai
01-03-2004, 11:34 AM
why cant they make characters stronger?

The Black Swordsman Guts
03-24-2004, 03:07 AM
Legend of dragoon great game one of the best rpg's on psx but its been a while all i remember is the last boss was easy the red guy is Dart

niKopol
03-24-2004, 09:46 AM
I have played that game and it was the first rpg I ever beaten withen the week I got it. The story is about a guy named Dart during a war, anyway, he comes back from a journey to find his village in ruins and his girlfriend was taken by the opposing army to a place called Hellena which is something like a prison. Once he gets in he befriends a guy named Lavitz a POW(prisoner of war) soldier. Together they both free his girlfriend and then escape. They are not able to go back home because the opposing army has set up blockades so they have to go to there army's capital....... thats all im going to say because I don't want to blow story for you. Later you get a special power called dragoon power which is dragon's spirit which can transform into armor and use dragon magic.

niKopol
03-24-2004, 09:50 AM
The last boss might be easy for you but he takes a really long time to kill and is a pain in the butt if you do not know what you are doing. The script may not be as entertaining as a squaresoft script or plot but it is still a good rpg to play.

sesshomaru
03-24-2004, 04:54 PM
I played the game and I thought it was a really good
Game I was never really into Rpg or any thing square-enix
made untill kingdom hearts and then I went back to play all
of Square-enix games.
I signed a peptension((not spelled right)) for another Legend of Dragoon game :^_^:

oOoKenshinoOo
03-25-2004, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by sesshomaru@Mar 24 2004, 03:54 PM
I played the game and I thought it was a really good
Game I was never really into Rpg or any thing square-enix
made untill kingdom hearts and then I went back to play all
of Square-enix games.
I signed a peptension((not spelled right)) for another Legend of Dragoon game :^_^:
Note: Kingdom hearts was made by squareSOFT. Before they shot themselves in the foot and merged with enix. LOTD is a great game. Don't bash it. It's fun, and it's not over-ly dramatical like some of the FF games. It's pretty fun for new RPG players.

The Black Swordsman Guts
03-25-2004, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by oOoKenshinoOo@Mar 25 2004, 12:09 AM
Note: Kingdom hearts was made by squareSOFT. Before they shot themselves in the foot and merged with enix
it was made Squaresoft and Disney thats why kingdom hearts sucks because disney sucks anyway this is what i really wanted to reply to that comment you made about Squaresoft and Enix.Squaresoft couldnt of merged with a better company Enix made great games like the Dragon Quest Series,Star Ocean Series,Terranigma, and EVO not sure though

niKopol
03-25-2004, 09:51 AM
I dunno about you but kingdom hearts is a good game and when its sequel comes out i will get it.

The funnest part of KH is when you get to face Sephiroth he is a pain but I beat him after about a gazillion trys.
okay so i exagerated about 30 something.

sesshomaru
03-25-2004, 05:12 PM
:blink:
I liked Kingdom Hearts It makes me sad
to hear you say that The Black swordman guts.
You can see previews of kingdom hearts2 heres
the link www.kingdomhearts2.net :D

oOoKenshinoOo
03-25-2004, 05:28 PM
Most of those are OLD games, from at least two years ago. Look, when square merged with enix, they started sucking. That's all i'm saying.

The Black Swordsman Guts
03-25-2004, 09:56 PM
I'll leave it that dont want to argue and it makes me sad that people actually like that game seriously dont see anything good about that game and they messed with cloud to what was around his blade rubber bands the good thing about the game is the water level where you help ariel and donald duck hes the man or the duck whatever

niKopol
03-26-2004, 09:23 AM
:angry: The games are usually made by a certain group of people within the company. The credits reveal who they are remember the credits of a good game that you love and then compare those credits to other credits from another game by the same company and you will see that it is mostly different people that made KH.

But anyway quit whining y'all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok Most of the games were already half way in production when they merged. :angry:

niKopol
03-26-2004, 09:25 AM
were off subject anyway so get back on topic

Lyra
03-26-2004, 12:32 PM
I love Legend of Dragoons!Rose my fave character! Right now I'm on the Moon thet
Never Sets(moon)to save shana ^_^Dose any one here hate Maranda.

The Black Swordsman Guts
03-26-2004, 07:05 PM
is she the one that replaces Shana

karmaghost
03-26-2004, 10:22 PM
Am I the only one who thought it was pathetic that Lavitz, a highly respected and skilled knight, was still living at home with his mother? :<_<:

niKopol
03-26-2004, 11:30 PM
The Legend Of Dragoon was and still is a good rpg.

The fmv in the game were some of the best graphics i&#39;ve seen.

Just one question when lavitz was killed lloyd why couldn&#39;t they revive him just like you do in battle?

The Black Swordsman Guts
03-27-2004, 01:59 AM
because the game developers were trippin they replaced Lavitz with that piece of crap Albert

The Black Swordsman Guts
03-27-2004, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by karmaghost@Mar 26 2004, 10:22 PM
Am I the only one who thought it was pathetic that Lavitz, a highly respected and skilled knight, was still living at home with his mother? :<_<:
hey you never know that could of been his house and his mom is living with him nevertheless Lavitz was the best character

Lyra
03-27-2004, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by The Black Swordsman Guts@Mar 26 2004, 06:05 PM
is she the one that replaces Shana

Yeah, thats Maranda.She replaced her in the Crystal Palace

The Black Swordsman Guts
03-27-2004, 10:24 PM
now that my question is answered yeah i do hate her and shana actually because they are no different except that they look different i especially hate king albert for replacing lavitz

niKopol
04-02-2004, 09:50 AM
The sadest part of the game is when Lavitz gets posessed by that thing on his back and you have to beat him up and you dont even get him back in the party if you win.

Not fair&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :angry:

Lyra
04-21-2004, 04:28 PM
I made a banner any one want to see?

http://www.geocities.com/midwestern_dj_69697/MeruBanner.jpg

lionx
04-30-2004, 02:32 AM
I played it, and got close to the end of the 4th disc. I realized that there wasn&#39;t much substance there...they were trying too hard. The names are amongst the worst I have ever seen for a video game. The storyline wasn&#39;t much either. I liked the fact that they talked, though, in the FMVs. Unfortunately, there was nothing else there.

When you think about it, the characters are kind of flat, aren&#39;t they.....I mean, let&#39;s take a look at everything....King Albert is only a fill-in for Lavitz Slambert, who died before the 1st disc even ended. Miranda is only a fill-in for Shana, Meru was just there....Haschel was only important because of his family bond with Dart.....Kongol was just there......the only important ones in the whole game are Dart, Shana and Rose. Nobody else really has a spotlight in the game, and that really sucks since I really don&#39;t even like any of those characters....

This plot was too original. It got to the point where you were like, &#39;Geez, these guys are trying too hard to make a great RPG.&#39; They wanted to be SO creative in their plot that it just got stupid and confusing.

The translation was terrible, unless it was original dialogue. Which still would have been terrible. The characters all seemed the same, mostly because of the way they spoke.

I didn&#39;t mind the battle system, though a way of using magic outside of Dragoon form would have been neat. I liked the graphics and general look of the game, and the whole Dragoon transformation idea came off in a very nifty way. It just could have been a much better game than it was. *nod*

Add even more horrible dialogue, and you&#39;re set.

*After beating a Fire Dragon*

"DART: That was a hot fight."

-_-&#39;&#39;

dark_aer6
05-31-2004, 11:30 PM
I love this game&#33;&#33; :D
It didn&#39;t take me long to complete all the additions. :^_^: