PDA

View Full Version : AF python programming tutorial - interest inquery

Eris
07-28-2009, 04:58 AM
Would there be interest in me setting up a small programming tutorial for AF in python?

IFS
07-28-2009, 05:01 AM
Yes mam/sir sorry not sure about that, anyways that would be awesome, I've always wanted to learn python but my college didn't teach that.

Khanxay
07-28-2009, 12:57 PM
I'd be very interested. I tried teaching myself Python about half(?) a year ago when it was at 2.4 (or maybe it was 2.6) and didn't quite get it. (Probably due to lack of any programming experience.)

gaburieru
07-28-2009, 02:12 PM
That would be nice. There is a few cli-utilities that I would LOVE to do a gui for, like w_scan. It is just so annoying that the only *nix media player that can scan for channels is for KDE.

Eris
07-28-2009, 02:16 PM
I don't know if I'll cover GUI programming though. But when the tutorial is through, you should be able to make sense of python GUI toolkits like Tkinter, so I suppose it'll still help you in that department.

IFS
07-28-2009, 02:51 PM
oh where can I download a python gui? (sorry theres another word for it, a more correct term wich at this moment I can't remember.)

Gero50
07-28-2009, 02:53 PM
I would check it out I say go for it man.

Eris
07-28-2009, 03:59 PM
oh where can I download a python gui? (sorry theres another word for it, a more correct term wich at this moment I can't remember.)

I will be using IDLE, which ships with python on most platforms. It comes with a syntax highlighted editor, and can be run interactively as well, which is nice in the beginning.

Though I'll cover all that in part 1 of my tutorial, which will cover the basic hand-holding part for people with no background in programming what so ever.

sa5m
07-28-2009, 04:04 PM
I'd like a tutorial. I know that I'm taking a Python class a couple years from now, but it wouldn't hurt to familiarize myself with it now. :]

Gero50
07-29-2009, 10:46 AM
I will be using IDLE, which ships with python on most platforms. It comes with a syntax highlighted editor, and can be run interactively as well, which is nice in the beginning.

Though I'll cover all that in part 1 of my tutorial, which will cover the basic hand-holding part for people with no background in programming what so ever.
That is a really good idea, I'll be sure to check this out once you finish it. Oh and it is very nice of you to think of others who have no prior experience in programing.

Shinn Kamiyra
07-31-2009, 07:42 PM
If for nothing else than another chapter in the legacy that is your existence, I say go for it!

Ah, and on a more practical note; I'm always keeping a watchful eye open for any new programming experiences, so it's much appreciated that you're doing this for all of us.