PDA

View Full Version : And All The Punks Go Marching Along...

OnSilentWings
12-28-2003, 11:51 PM
Yeah people it should be pretty obvious but I guess I'll go ahead and clarify. Please post your favorite punk band and the album that you feel really demonstrates their prowess...and yes it can be more then one

I have to say Bad Religion's "80-85" is one of the best albums out there with the Bad Brains "I Against I" following very close...now how about you guys?

Tyler Durden
12-29-2003, 02:26 AM
Sex Pistols !!! Albums :"Kiss This" and "Some Product"

Manhattan_Project_2000
12-29-2003, 10:42 AM
Mindless Self Indulgence - Frankenstein Girls Will Seem Strangely Sexy

Awesome.

The One
12-29-2003, 08:08 PM
I guess that by saying that I like rap would mean that I am an outkast huh?

OnSilentWings
12-29-2003, 10:53 PM
Not really, although I don't think this thread is where we'd really adress something like that...

The One
12-30-2003, 11:24 AM
Well I am open to all forms of music as long as it isn't that satanic heavy metal. I don't know too muck about rock but some of my boys are getting me into it. Have you ever listened to anime music? It is alot better than most people think. They feel that since you don't understand what they say it isn't good. I feel that it is some of the best music I have ever heard. And thats coming from someone who likes rap alot too.

Eudial sama
12-30-2003, 03:33 PM
Yes punk. I despise punkrock, that's not punk. That's plain wrong. I'm more into hardcore punk, can't come up with anything else then the local band Totalt j*vla mörker (Total friggin darkness). The song would probably be No to life.

Seth Aechi
12-31-2003, 05:39 PM
Well, my favorite punk band would definitely be the Sexc Pistols, but I also like the Suicide Machines, Taking Back Sunday, and Good Charolette (if they qualify). I'm more goth than punk, so all my punk songs are downloaded from Kazaa.

Eudial sama
12-31-2003, 05:53 PM
Good C is not punk. It's poppunk, which is about how un-punk you get.

Seth Aechi
12-31-2003, 06:13 PM
Well, you have to give them credit for trying hard. And besides, there are worse musicians than Good Charolette (Avril Lavigne, for example.)

OnSilentWings
01-02-2004, 11:01 PM
I have to agree that if you're not going real punk your not going at all. Now I don't really despise all the punk rock, somes ok, but yes generally its too soft. Oh and while we're on on this I'd have to say that GC is not punk, its mainstream music while punk itself is a form of rebellion from mainstream culture. Sadly its somehow becoming exploited and commercialized...stop this by supporting the classics and your local punk bands

Eudial sama
01-03-2004, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by Seth Aechi@Dec 31 2003, 05:13 PM
Well, you have to give them credit for trying hard. And besides, there are worse musicians than Good Charolette (Avril Lavigne, for example.)
Avril is not a singer. She is an attempt to provoke collective suicide.

nucleardesignate
01-13-2004, 03:39 PM
BAD RELIGION! awsome. No Substance beats 80-85 any day :P although 80-85 is pretty cool. Haha, Avril the tie wearing poser. Anyone like Me First and the Gimme Gimmes?

AnimeRogue
02-04-2004, 09:23 PM
Green Day and The Ramones competly rock! And i'd say Just about all there
albums Rock!! I can't think of one that dosen't. New Found Glory, Nrivana,
Eyeliner, NOFX, Sum-41, The Mighty Mighty Bosstons, Flogging Molly, Weezer,
Alkaline Trio, Swingin' Utters, Rancid, and The Living End!! Those are Just a few to
name.

spider-man-old
02-06-2004, 05:48 AM
wow I think you mixed a lot of grunge in there ... but hey who's counting... For me I like bands that... what's that thing... you know.... know how to play there instruments... although I love classic punk don't get me wrong. I love it cause like most rebelious music starts out, it was a fight against there respective governments. Thusly one must also love eightees new wave for the same reasons.... Same message, better music, but I digress. I love the pillows Yes the pillows from the flcl soundtrack some of the greatest music I have heard in a long time. Do you know why it is good? Because like most things japanese they take pride in how skilled they are at what they so so they learn there instrument and how to play mor than 3 chords and make awesome music. This rant would have been much better, but my friend keeps interrupting me and it's 4 in the morning.

Eris
02-07-2004, 06:42 PM
there are worse musicians than Good Charolette

Jesus christ, you've COMPLETELY missed the point about punk. The friggin idea is to be crude, to provoke - not to sound pretty. Punk is about breaking rules, not giving jack scmitt about what people cares.

How many real punk bands seriously ever tune their guitarrs?