PDA

View Full Version : LEAST Favorite Console(s)?

Bulf
07-17-2009, 10:18 PM
What's your least favorite gaming console, and why? It can be from waaay back in days of black, and white, or the newer systems.

Mine has to be the original Xbox. The controllers were huge, and I didn't find too many of the games to be too fun...

Ryuuzaki HD
07-17-2009, 10:28 PM
Here come's another fanboy war :Get's in the bomb shelter:

Don't know if handheld's count but PSP is the worst for me, I havent bought a single game for it since a week after I got it I just can't find anything to buy for it so I just use it for music, I tried to watch movie's on it but the sound is just awfull and the screen is too small. I would of traded it in month's ago but I got it in NYC so I can't.

Xx_Azumi_xX
07-17-2009, 10:32 PM
Hmmm..Xbox. Just cuz It was overly popular when it came out. >>;;

nenuma
07-17-2009, 10:35 PM

Don't know if handheld's count but PSP is the worst for me, I havent bought a single game for it since a week after I got it I just can't find anything to buy for it so I just use it for music, I tried to watch movie's on it but the sound is just awfull and the screen is too small. I would of traded it in month's ago but I got it in NYC so I can't.

PSP?! You can download games instead of buying 'em.
And if you think the screen is too small when you watch movies, you could connect those wire things [i dont know what it's called] on your tv.

XD
Anyways, I think that gba is the worst. It's getting old.
XD

Ryuuzaki HD
07-17-2009, 10:41 PM
And if you think the screen is too small when you watch movies, you could connect those wire things [i dont know what it's called] on your tv.

XD
XD

Really what is the difference between downloading a game I won't like and going out to buy a game I won't like?

I specifically bought it to watch and play on the go not so I can order a movie from the US just so I can connect it to my TV when I have a perfectly good DVD player.

Xx_Azumi_xX
07-17-2009, 10:45 PM

XD
XDNow that I think about it, GBA is kinda old.......Eh, It's okay.

nenuma
07-17-2009, 10:46 PM
Really what is the difference between downloading a game I won't like and going out to buy a game I won't like?

I specifically bought it to watch and play on the go not so I can order a movie from the US just so I can connect it to my TV when I have a perfectly good DVD player.

You have a point.
XD
-Dont travel much
T_T

Manhattan_Project_2000
07-17-2009, 10:56 PM
I find it appropriate that:

Is followed by:

Nothing like warning people about a condition your participation immediately inflicts upon the thread.

Anyway: Virtual Boy. There is nothing good about it; it is a box full of AIDS.

Miss Moonlight
07-17-2009, 11:09 PM
Probably Philips' CD-i. I've never personally owned one myself, but I got a chance to try it over my cousin's house.

The controls were horrible, and the game selection wasn't much better. Granted this is an older system, but they could have at least put alot more effort into the console design and everything else.

Plus, I simply refuse to forgive them for what they call a "zelda" game (http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/3650/zeldawandofgamelon1vz8.jpg) (they apparently made 3 of these things.) It's complete with bad voice acting and hardcore mspaint skills!

The horror.

Ryuuzaki HD
07-17-2009, 11:31 PM
How can you say that when the Philips CD i gave us the greatest moment in gaming history:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQGA6eZmZyg

Seriously I hope bad thing's happened to the people responsable for this.

Memento Mori
07-17-2009, 11:36 PM
The worst I've ever played...
Xbox.

Very few games that aren't shooters or sports games and also fun.

Gero50
07-17-2009, 11:37 PM
I would have to agree on the XBox I basically used mine for a DVD player. I only played one game too. What a waste of good money.

Forgotten Show
07-18-2009, 12:03 AM
Anyway: Virtual Boy. There is nothing good about it; it is a box full of AIDS.

Wow, I'd completely forgotten about that system for several years now before you mentioned it. I remember always wanting one real bad, too, thinking it'd be the coolest thing on the block. It... wasn't.

For me, any of those platforms with the huge, goofy controllers. That pretty much rules out most of them except Playstation(s) and SNES. It's like Sony had this obsession with bigger and grander controllers...

Bad Memory

CGFerreira
07-18-2009, 04:03 AM
Does the N-Gage count?

Because that piece of crap was a complete joke.

.Sev
07-20-2009, 09:01 PM
Probably Philips' CD-i. I've never personally owned one myself, but I got a chance to try it over my cousin's house.

The controls were horrible, and the game selection wasn't much better. Granted this is an older system, but they could have at least put alot more effort into the console design and everything else.

Plus, I simply refuse to forgive them for what they call a "zelda" game (http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/3650/zeldawandofgamelon1vz8.jpg) (they apparently made 3 of these things.) It's complete with bad voice acting and hardcore mspaint skills!

The horror.

The pure rape of the zelda games is unforgivable, haven't played the games myself, but i've seen gameplay and... well... that was enough. And hotel mario? AAAAUUUUGGGGHHHH!!!:mad:
And the virtual boy, pure suckage as well, again haven't played, but I know... I know...:(
But out of systems i've played, mine would be xbox. It's suprising how the 360 is awesome, but the original sucked...

Ryuuzaki HD
07-20-2009, 09:19 PM
The pure rape of the zelda games is unforgivable, haven't played the games myself, but i've seen gameplay and... well... that was enough. And hotel mario? AAAAUUUUGGGGHHHH!!!

You don't even have to look at the game play to tell they are awfull, this say's it all:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mHw5g55oC4

Seriously what is up with the stupid hand movements and terrible voice acting and don't even get me started on the animation, were they trying to make it bad?!

-Batman-
07-20-2009, 10:14 PM
HAHAHA LINK MAH BOOOOI

And that micro GBA that nintendo released.
Why? The REGULAR GBA wasn't small enough?

XxPantherChickxX
07-20-2009, 10:49 PM

Go to GameSpot. The one I went to had half of a wall dedicated to PSP games. From top to bottom.

Ahem, anyway. I'd have to say one that I don't have would be PS3 because I haven't seen many games out for it (and it just looks like a fancier version of the PS2), and the ones I do have, both my GBA:SP and NDS. The games just aren't very fun after a while. =\

-Batman-
07-21-2009, 12:03 AM
Go to GameSpot. The one I went to had half of a wall dedicated to PSP games. From top to bottom.

To be fair, half of that planogram are probably UMD movies.

Manhattan_Project_2000
07-21-2009, 12:22 AM
To be fair, half of that planogram are probably UMD movies.

Most of the stores in my neck of the woods shove them in a different area. And with those that don't, it's maybe a fifth, with the rest spread between new and used.

aishiteru333
07-21-2009, 12:26 AM
N64. Needs a memory thing and the games were boring.

KeijiMaeda
07-21-2009, 03:45 AM
The original X-Box. Games froze up/crashed constantly, big blocky controllers, console itself broke once, got it repaired, broke again within one month and that's when I gave up with it. So now it sits gathering dust under my bed. However it did bring me the experience of Morrowind and Halo so I don't hate it completely...

Brojasu
07-27-2009, 02:09 AM
wut you talking about tc?!? Xbox is an AMAZING System!

Anyways I really don't dislike any of my systems; it only takes 1 game for me to enjoy them. I guess I'd go with my genesis. Compared to the other systems of its gen I thought it was pretty lacking in terms of quality games. Actually aside from Sonic games and the lion king I cant really think of any genesis games I care for

Eris
07-29-2009, 04:50 PM
Console gaming started to suck with Nintendo 64. Anything before that is fine. Anything after that is fail.

Anime Forum
07-29-2009, 05:19 PM
Console gaming started to suck with Nintendo 64. Anything before that is fine. Anything after that is fail.

How could you say that? Nintendo 64 in my opinion was one of the best consoles with hits like Super Mario 64/Yoshi's Story/Hey You Pikachu.

The Xbox was not good/Ps2 was decent/Ps3 good/Xbox360 good.

Worst - Xbox, then comes Gamecube.

Eris
07-29-2009, 05:27 PM
How could you say that? Nintendo 64 in my opinion was one of the best consoles with hits like Super Mario 64/Yoshi's Story/Hey You Pikachu.

N64 introduced the 3D blight. Eveything was suddenly 3D, if it made sense or not. And it looked like sheer and utter crap. SNES and Megadrive had vastly better graphics than N64. N64 is roughly on par with NES in visual appeal. It's only in later years 3D graphics have begun catching up with the graphics SNES and Sega Megadrive had over 15 years ago.

Storm Strife
07-29-2009, 06:27 PM
I haven't met a console I haven't liked. The ones I dislike I haven't even seen in person.

With this in mind, the Virtual Boy and the Phillips CD-I.

rf switch
07-29-2009, 08:13 PM
Out of the "mainstream" consoles it would be the N64 for me. Sure, Mario 64, Wave Race 64 and Golden Eye were great and all. But the rest of the library didn't really interest me. Games worth buying took forever to come out. Mine collected tons of dust. I hated the controller. It was uncomfortable, and as "innovative" as it was for the N64 to follow consoles like the Vectrex and Atari 5200 with analog, the N64's analog stick just sucked and felt cheap.