PDA

View Full Version : End of the universe?

MercenaryMERC
07-16-2009, 06:56 PM
Yes this thread will talk about the end of the universe, and more to the point how it will end by way of dark energy.
To learn more on dark energy go to science daily.
These links should help you understand it more. The 3rd link I think is the most simple. ( it has graphs. )
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/10/081028132104.htm
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/12/081216133438.htm
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/11/081119171826.htm
Now how is dark energy going to end it all you ask?
It is a force that is pushing/pulling on gravity( I guess thats how you can put it). Gravity keeps everything nice and not in a uncountable number of pieces and thus without it nothing could be.
Dark energy is makeing the universe expand faster and faster and the only way that could happen is if it was getting stronger and stronger. At some point it will be stronger so much so than gravity that everything will come apart at the sub-atomic level. That is a true Armageddon. When will this happen? I forgot but don't worry it is not in a number that I can count to.

Now there are still many things unknown about dark energy and seeing how everyone on this site may not want to get into a science debate this thread will have many points to talk on.
1. Do you believe that dark energy is what it is said to be? If no then give some sort of reason.
2. Did anyone else think Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann when thinking about dark energy and the end of everything?
3. What do you think will happen after everything goes and splits apart into a billion sub-atomic parts? ( A big ang to get stuff together again? )
4. Do you think that the end has happened be4 and that this supports the big bang?
5. I will add this if something comes to mind. )

Anything I need to make more clear?
(Note: I could not find the daily news I wanted from like 5 months back so these ones will have to do. )

DeMoNoFtHeFaLl666
07-16-2009, 07:03 PM
so im guessing something like in trillions of years the true Armageddon will happen.
So we are safe for now

MercenaryMERC
07-16-2009, 07:04 PM
Yes, and not just for us. XD those aliens that think they are better than us will go bye bye too.

Mrpurple
07-16-2009, 07:07 PM
Its nothing to be worried about. All dark energy is pushing things away from each other I'd say dark matter might be more dangerous than that but that is nothing really special either all dark matter is positive electrons. . .

MercenaryMERC
07-16-2009, 07:16 PM
Its nothing to be worried about. All dark energy is pushing things away from each other I'd say dark matter might be more dangerous than that but that is nothing really special either all dark matter is positive electrons. . .I agree it is nothing to worry about but it is interesting to know some day everything might just come to an end, though I doubt humans will be around that long.
Knowing everything may/prolly come to an end is interesting. You know it will not cut your life short or even that of your children or your childrens children, ect.... but you do know for sure that nothing can ever last forever.

Mrpurple
07-16-2009, 07:44 PM
I dont quite think your getting the point here. Dark energy is just the universe expanding. Your overreacting over a trivial matter -.-

MercenaryMERC
07-16-2009, 07:48 PM
I am not reacting much at all.
It is more than that. It is the cause of the universe expanding and not the expanding itself. The universe exspanding is one part of this.

Mrpurple
07-16-2009, 07:52 PM
ok well the expanding universe will not destroy humanity. . .

Forgotten Show
07-16-2009, 08:03 PM
Dark matter is the theoretical 'stuff' that comprises the rest of the universe's perceived 'mass'. It's called such because unlike the rest of the mass, we can't see it, even though we can see its effects and infer 'it' exists (whatever 'it' turns out to actually be). It's quite apparent that, regardless of your own description of it, gravity is not enough to keep the universe moving in the way we are viewing it to move. It's not enough to keep things 'tidy'.

I would love to see what led you to make this statement:

Dark energy is makeing the universe expand faster and faster and the only way that could happen is if it was getting stronger and stronger. At some point it will be stronger so much so than gravity that everything will come apart at the sub-atomic level.

Apparently you know something the rest of the scientific community doesn't.

Bad Memory

SGI
07-16-2009, 08:12 PM
The end of the universe will occur when Family Guy wins an Emmy.

End of thread.

Mrpurple
07-16-2009, 08:16 PM
Dark matter is the theoretical 'stuff' that comprises the rest of the universe's perceived 'mass'. It's called such because unlike the rest of the mass, we can't see it, even though we can see its effects and infer 'it' exists (whatever 'it' turns out to actually be). It's quite apparent that, regardless of your own description of it, gravity is not enough to keep the universe moving in the way we are viewing it to move. It's not enough to keep things 'tidy'.

Bad Memory
THere is a theory that could have effects on gravitation in the univirse.
if you noticed in galaxies that all the stars orbit the center at the same rate no mater how far away they are from the core when in reality the further you are away from that gravity source the slower you orbit. In this theory scientists belive that a type of matter they call whimps have effects on the gravity in a galaxy although they have no effect physicaly on matter but are detectable through the gravity they produce them selves that effect objects around them.

Forgotten Show
07-16-2009, 08:20 PM
Wait, you mean there's a theory that the largest concentration of mass in the universe, though invisible, could have an effect on gravity?

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e339/OQwerty1/no_wai.jpg

I think the OP's answer to my question will be an interesting one, for sure.

Bad Memory

MercenaryMERC
07-16-2009, 08:26 PM

Bad MemoryHere you go.
It is next to the "dark energy is mearly an illusion?" topic near the bottom.
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/05/090508190416.htm
"The theory is one of those that attribute dark energy to an entirely new field dubbed quintessence. Quintessence is comparable to other basic fields like gravity and electromagnetism, but has some unique properties. For one thing, it is the same strength throughout the universe. Another important feature is that it acts like an antigravity agent, causing objects to move away from each other instead of pulling them together like gravity."
move away at every level of size and all at the same time everywhere.
Please try and not talk out of your butt next time. There is a reason why I posted the links on the first post of the topic.

Mrpurple
07-16-2009, 08:28 PM
The end of the universe will occur when Family Guy wins an Emmy.

End of thread.
Enough with the family guy -.-

Mrpurple
07-16-2009, 08:30 PM
Here you go.
"The theory is one of those that attribute dark energy to an entirely new field dubbed quintessence. Quintessence is comparable to other basic fields like gravity and electromagnetism, but has some unique properties. For one thing, it is the same strength throughout the universe. Another important feature is that it acts like an antigravity agent, causing objects to move away from each other instead of pulling them together like gravity."
Please try and not talk out of your butt next time. There is a reason why I posted the links on the first post of the topic.
Thats what I stated in my post please pay attention to details I just dumbed it down for you -.-

MercenaryMERC
07-16-2009, 08:32 PM
Thats what I stated in my post please pay attention to details I just dumbed it down for you -.-
I alrealy started posting this when you posted yours. -.- idk you posted what you did. Plus I gave a link and a quote.

Forgotten Show
07-16-2009, 08:37 PM
Here you go.

Ignoring your failed parry at my prior post (as my statement is aligned quite well with current views on the nature of 'dark matter', speaking out of my butt I'm definitely not), you provide a link to a theoretical model with no mention whatsoever of the universe tearing itself apart at the sub-atomic level. In fact, your post provides even more examples of a force that may prevent that from occurring (given that quintessence is viewed as a universal constant that might prohibit expansion from becoming 'out of hand'). Way to go, tiger.

So how is it supposed to tear the universe apart, again?

Bad Memory

MercenaryMERC
07-16-2009, 08:40 PM
Ignoring your failed parry at my prior post (as my statement is aligned quite well with current views on the nature of 'dark matter', speaking out of my butt I'm definitely not), you provide a link to a theoretical model with no mention whatsoever of the universe tearing itself apart at the sub-atomic level. In fact, your post provides even more examples of a force that may prevent that from occurring (given that quintessence is viewed as a universal constant that might prohibit expansion from becoming 'out of hand'). Way to go, tiger.

So how is it supposed to tear the universe apart, again?

Bad MemoryGravity keeps everything together right? So what will something that does the opposit do? Anti-gravity agent.
What part of
"Another important feature is that it acts like an antigravity agent, causing objects to move away from each other instead of pulling them together like gravity."
Did you not understand?

Forgotten Show
07-16-2009, 08:44 PM
Awesome. Provided this is true (a theoretical model does not prove anything), that does not explain why 'dark matter' would tear apart the universe at the atomic or subatomic level.

Bad Memory

MercenaryMERC
07-16-2009, 08:51 PM
Awesome. Provided this is true (a theoretical model does not prove anything), that does not explain why 'dark matter' would tear apart the universe at the atomic or subatomic level.

Bad MemoryOk one last chance for you to understand.
Dark energy is makeing the universe expand right? They have already proven this go check some on the related stroies on daily science.
Now why would Dark energy be pushing or pulling the universe outwards unless it had that property? It would not be doing that unless that is one of the things it dose. Grvaity pulls and Dark energy pushs.
gravity effects mostly the same things that dark energy dose. Now if Dark energy became stronger then all things that were effected by gravity ( Atoms too ) would be pulled apart.
We know dark energy is becomeing stronger and stronger because it has been watched by the expanding universe. Not itself but the rate it is pushing the universe apart, and it is getting faster and faster. More speed = more energy/power is pushing it. At some point it will become strong enough to over power gravity.

Understand? Unclear on anything? Are you just trolling?

Forgotten Show
07-16-2009, 09:02 PM
Ok one last chance for you to understand.
Dark energy is makeing the universe expand right? They have already proven this go check some on the related stroies on daily science.
Now why would Dark energy be pushing or pulling the universe outwards unless it had that property? It would not be doing that unless that is one of the things it dose. Grvaity pulls and Dark energy pushs.
gravity effects mostly the same things that dark energy dose. Now if Dark energy became stronger then all things that were effected by gravity ( Atoms too ) would be pulled apart.
We know dark energy is becomeing stronger and stronger because it has been watched by the expanding universe. Not itself but the rate it is pushing the universe apart, and it is getting faster and faster. More speed = more energy/power is pushing it. At some point it will become strong enough to over power gravity.

Understand? Unclear on anything? Are you just trolling?

Whoa, slow down there bud. None of this has been 'proven' at all. It's still just theoretical. We know something is out there, and we think we know some of its functions, but nothing's been proven yet. At all. Hell, we can't even formulate consistent theories about the nature of one of those forces (gravity), and you think we as readers ought to immediately accept the models you presented in science news articles as accepted facts? Please. A theoretical model does not make something a fact. Given that you're presuming to understand science, you understand this, right?

Your entire hypothesis is based on the claim that eventually dark matter will get stronger and stronger, and will pull the universe apart by virtue of its resisting force, gravity. In order for your statement to be true, gravity must also be a continually growing force. Obviously neither 'opposing force' is enough to tear the universe apart right now, and if only one of those forces grows stronger then it's only going to pull the universe along with it (until such a point as when the speed of expansion become absurd). Sure, if the basis of your statement is true, such a time might eventually come. Or it might not. It might be at the levels of absurdity, gravity 'unhinges' and can no longer maintain a hold on the universe as we know it. There isn't a damn shred of evidence to suggest one way or another.

Oh, and that expanding force is already stronger than gravity. In case you missed the memo about the universe expanding and all.

Bad Memory

MercenaryMERC
07-16-2009, 09:16 PM
You missed a few things, and I will repeat a few things do may not have.
Note: the links I gave you are a little outdated maybe. I am too lazy to find better ones.
1. It is a fact that the universe if growing. They have done studies. This is a proven fact.
2.The something out there has a name....." dark energy". We know gravity keeps everything together and we know that dark energy has the opposite effect. They stated it as a fact that it is anti-gravity in another artical that is more uptodate then the ones I gave and I think they did too anyways.
3. We know that gravity keeps everything together. Everything has mass and thus has a pull of somesort that pulls something to it or gets pulled into something. Dark energy pushs everything and gravity is too weak sooner or later to counter it's effects and thus atoms are not help together they split apart.
4. I am really tired right now.
5. It is not my hypothesis.
6. Just because it remains a theory dose not mean it is true. The only reason it is not a fact is that it can not be seen and many other things. We still do not know much about it but for the most part we now it's nature through studies. The theory of evolution.....
7. damn I will finish this when I can wake the hell up.

Forgotten Show
07-16-2009, 09:29 PM
1. It is a fact that the universe if growing. They have done studies. This is a proven fact.
O rly? link (http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/12/081227214703.htm) link (http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/09/080926184749.htm).

2.The something out there has a name....." dark energy". We know gravity keeps everything together and we know that dark energy has the opposite effect. They stated it as a fact that it is anti-gravity in another artical that is more uptodate then the ones I gave and I think they did too anyways.No. We think that dark matter has a role in playing the opposing force of gravity. To know would imply we have confirmed, and as we have not confirmed, we cannot know. Nonetheless, this is only one model of several that exist. If you want to actually point me towards proof, or towards scientific publications instead of internet science news articles, you'll go a lot further in being convincing.

3. We know that gravity keeps everything together. Everything has mass and thus has a pull of somesort that pulls something to it or gets pulled into something. Dark energy pushs everything and gravity is too weak sooner or later to counter it's effects and thus atoms are not help together they split apart.Stating 'thus atoms are not held together' does not show how they are not held together any more than me stating 'money appears in my bank account' actually makes me richer. I ain't from Missouri, but damned if I don't like saying "Show me".

6. Just because it remains a theory dose not mean it is true. The only reason it is not a fact is that it can not be seen and many other things.And even the theory of evolution has a couple significant problems that have been conveniently ignored. It's the most consistent of the theories we've thought up concerning the course of changes among living things with successive generations, but it's hardly perfect. But that's off-topic, because unlike the evidence that suggests the theory of evolution is on the right track, the theoretical models you put forth do not have any evidence to support them.

Get some sleep. Sounds like you need it.

Bad Memory

MercenaryMERC
07-16-2009, 09:44 PM
Did you check any of the links I gave you or at the top? Did you check into this matter yourself be4 posting?
Go away.
I see Capernicus lurking here.

Mrpurple
07-16-2009, 09:52 PM
kukuku I go away for some Breakfast and find a cry baby :p

MercenaryMERC
07-16-2009, 09:54 PM
kukuku I go away for some Breakfast and find a cry baby :pWho me? What am I crying about?
Anyways look at your double post on the other page! How dare you! XD YOU SIN!

Forgotten Show
07-16-2009, 09:57 PM
I've read the articles you posted, as well as the ones I posted, and more importantly than either I've read actual scientific publications from which those brief news articles are derived. I'm somewhat familiar with the subject of discussion. Not that any of that matters, since it has no bearing on my counter-arguments to your poorly-thought-out points.

You might wanna get that sleep you were talking about.

Bad Memory

Capernicus
07-16-2009, 09:59 PM
Did you check any of the links I gave you or at the top? Did you check into this matter yourself be4 posting?
Go away.
I see Capernicus lurking here.
Twas not lurking, I was reading the links and the posts. What, you would rather I made an uninformed post to make myself look silly? I think not sir.

I'm with Forgotten Show on this. None of the links you provided prove anything whatsoever. It presents a lot of theories and postulations but nothing concrete. And, given the subject matter, I would be very surprised if something concrete was yet out there. I know the creation of the Large Hadron Collider will do wonders for the scientific community, but making such famous discoveries such as the ones you're spouting off as fact are far away.

Now, I'm not saying that dark matter and dark energy don't exist (though that is debatable, as Forgotten Show pointed out), I'm basically just disputing everything you've said about the world ending. Which, I believe, is the point of the thread. No?

Given my username, could you really expect me to not enter this thread?

MercenaryMERC
07-16-2009, 10:05 PM
Twas not lurking, I was reading the links and the posts. What, you would rather I made an uninformed post to make myself look silly? I think not sir.

I'm with Forgotten Show on this. None of the links you provided prove anything whatsoever. It presents a lot of theories and postulations but nothing concrete. And, given the subject matter, I would be very surprised if something concrete was yet out there. I know the creation of the Large Hadron Collider will do wonders for the scientific community, but making such famous discoveries such as the ones you're spouting off as fact are far away.

Now, I'm not saying that dark matter and dark energy don't exist (though that is debatable, as Forgotten Show pointed out), I'm basically just disputing everything you've said about the world ending. Which, I believe, is the point of the thread. No?

Given my username, could you really expect me to not enter this thread?I am too tired to read so much but I did. The words are blurry! XDD
Anyways ya there are some facts in what I linked to. They have shown the universe is comeing apart. I guess Dark energy is debateable but it is far more likely than anything else I have checked into, and thats why I support it so much. I just can't remember what the name of the thing was where I read about the atom's comeing apart at the sub-atomic level. >.<
Thats why I said on my first ost something about me not finding better links or something.

Forgotten Show
07-16-2009, 10:18 PM
Anyways ya there are some facts in what I linked to. They have shown the universe is comeing apart.

:banghead:

No, they have not. The scientific community suspects the universe is expanding at increasing rates based on dimness of supernovas. Read the articles I linked, for the minimal scientific value these articles are worth, and you'll find that this model might not be as great as we think it is, and that there are some pretty significant problems with the theoretical models you've presented. Quite frankly, I'm not sure you even understand what you read (have you read the source material for those articles?). If you are a supporter of science at all, you shouldn't side with any argument until you can demonstrate its scientific validity through empirical evidence, whether you "like" an argument or not.

We understand physics fairly well in the narrow window of our own little world. Anything bigger, or smaller, and we continuously find ourselves at a loss as our precious physics models break down. To pretend there are "facts" when there are none is either disingenuous or ignorant. You say the sky is falling, I say show me.

Bad Memory

Mrpurple
07-16-2009, 10:21 PM
oh poor old Mrpurple says same thing no one notices :(

MercenaryMERC
07-16-2009, 10:22 PM
NO they have proven that it is getting bigger. hey used heat or something to prove where a something was and where it is now or somethingto prove everything is moveing at a certain pace.

Mrpurple
07-16-2009, 10:24 PM
oh noes your right it is the end of the world I did double post *shock*

MercenaryMERC
07-16-2009, 10:27 PM
oh noes your right it is the end of the world I did double post *shock*
You sin! You must pay!

Manhattan_Project_2000
07-16-2009, 10:54 PM
OP is a mook. He's a science "enthusiast" that doesn't actually understand the science. But the group opposing the OP is also a little iffy, but not by as much. I'd start correcting people, but I'd spend too long googling because I'm anal retentive like that. So instead, I'll wait for Eris to come in here and Nerd Rage you all.

♫mëkÅ-chan♫
07-16-2009, 11:03 PM
why is everyone worried about the freaking world ending anyway?
2012, dark matter, global warming

enjoy life, instead of wasting it worrying about the end of the world....ofcourse im not saying don't totally not care if the whole world is in danger...im saying don't obsess your whole time trying to figure out when the world is going to end, how, and such

MercenaryMERC
07-16-2009, 11:54 PM
OP is a mook. He's a science "enthusiast" that doesn't actually understand the science. But the group opposing the OP is also a little iffy, but not by as much. I'd start correcting people, but I'd spend too long googling because I'm anal retentive like that. So instead, I'll wait for Eris to come in here and Nerd Rage you all.
Your prolly right. In the morning I am going to look over what I typed and smack myself. XD
Nerd Rage FTW?
Maybe I saw fault in only what they said and was just not awake enough to see my own. Oh well, I can't wait for the morning.

@Meka-chan: I said it was the end of everything not the world. :P Also we wont be around for it most likely.

Eris
07-17-2009, 06:21 AM

This really is a religious discussion, since nobody really knows what the hell they're talking about and just randomly quoting articles (scripture) that fleetingly seems to indicate they're right. The bottom line is that dark matter and energy are hypothetical. Meaning that there is no proof for or against them. They do fix problems in the current theories, but that doesn't say anything about whether they exist or not.

I won't even try to explain why they're all wrong factually. I have no hope of getting them to understand what dark matter and dark energy really is, and what gaps in physics they fill in a way that isn't simplified to the point of being wrong.

As for the actual subject, I believe the heat death (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat_death) of the universe will be it's end.

MercenaryMERC
07-17-2009, 10:26 AM
Thanks for the post. I understand why you won't even try. :( Someone shoud like not le me post anything after a certain time. I just start posting useless stuff for the most part. I remembera little about what I read last night and this is the "nerd rage"? Something tells me this was not even the start.
.................................................. ... Post more later............. still wakeing up.

Forgotten Show
07-17-2009, 12:05 PM
This really is a religious discussion, since nobody really knows what the hell they're talking about and just randomly quoting articles (scripture) that fleetingly seems to indicate they're right. The bottom line is that dark matter and energy are hypothetical. Meaning that there is no proof for or against them. They do fix problems in the current theories, but that doesn't say anything about whether they exist or not.

If that's not what I've been trying to say then either I was extremely drunk or a retarded monkey was manning the keyboard. I'm dubious about either prospect. :rolleyes:

Bad Memory

Eris
07-17-2009, 01:21 PM
If that's not what I've been trying to say then either I was extremely drunk or a retarded monkey was manning the keyboard. I'm dubious about either prospect. :rolleyes:

Bad Memory

Discussion was TL;DR, so I read some randomly selected paragraphs, and statistics indicated that most posts were made of facepalm and fail.

Thanks for the post. I understand why you won't even try. :( Someone shoud like not le me post anything after a certain time. I just start posting useless stuff for the most part. I remembera little about what I read last night and this is the "nerd rage"? Something tells me this was not even the start.

This is not nerd rage. I'm not involved enough to hulk-rampage this thread. Come back with an equally confused discussion on quantum physics and I'll consider it.

Forgotten Show
07-17-2009, 01:24 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_PVLN0fCsMOk/SZN_nH4W2vI/AAAAAAAAANw/o9hz3I7C-mg/s320/1342443_blog.jpg

Bad Memory

Eris
07-17-2009, 01:32 PM
I don't get it.

♫mëkÅ-chan♫
07-19-2009, 09:38 PM
@MercenaryMERC::everything you say? <__< i don't care about everything...everything hasn't done ANYthing for me .__. except for be everything instead of anything. (hint im not making sense) everything can die if im dead already
Salute!

Alkazor
07-20-2009, 03:44 AM
The end of the universe is when you die, or at least as far as you'll ever need to know.

stevetaylor30
07-20-2009, 01:27 PM
Only 1 thing can end our world, and it's a pissed off Chuck Norris. SO BEWARE ALL!

MercenaryMERC
07-20-2009, 10:26 PM
Obama>Chuck Norris.
Chuck Norris got killed by Bruce Lee in the movie and he has gotten old, Obama is Da Man Now!

-Batman-
07-20-2009, 10:32 PM
I remember one theory that was something like...
Our universe being one of an infinite multi-verse, and at some point the multi-verses shall grow enough to expand into one another making an even larger verse.
I like that one.

Señor Nobody
07-21-2009, 05:55 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_PVLN0fCsMOk/SZN_nH4W2vI/AAAAAAAAANw/o9hz3I7C-mg/s320/1342443_blog.jpg

Bad Memory

I don't get it.

Paint a picture or give a demonstration of your Nerd Rage.

That, or give an example of when you may loose your rage upon us all.

I think.

Topic: I dunno.

Forgotten Show
07-21-2009, 09:29 PM
Incorrect assumptions, both. Read the two posts immediately prior for your next clue.

Bad Memory

Señor Nobody
07-21-2009, 09:39 PM
Incorrect assumptions, both. Read the two posts immediately prior for your next clue.

Bad Memory

I refuse.

Oh, and to stay on topic, the Heat Death seems most likely, but Multiverse (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiverse) gets my vote.

Edit: Oh, blah, blah, blah, lame joke, blah.

Black Ace
07-30-2009, 02:37 PM
The end of the universe, Dark Matter or Dark Energy is everywhere and is expanding the universe. Around the the internet and the History Channel, there are proof that the Universe is expanding. Earth has been monitering many stars and after a few years they have discovered the distance between eachother are growing farther at a slow rate.

There are many theories about how the universe will end. The universe is like a rubber band, to keep stretching the rubber band- it will eventually snap back into place. Also if you hold onto the rubber band while stretching it, the rubber band will break and nothing will be there.

Small Atoms are also everywhere, my opinion to call the event a ''Big Bang'' is because all the atoms in the universe are pulled together by some gravitational pull and eventually causes a large explosion.

I believe that the universe had ended before. that the ''Big Bang'' has happened many times before. But what would happen if the ''Big Bang'' were to happen a bit too many times? That it happens so many times as if it's losing its matter, rubbing itself into peices bit by bit?

Only because the universe has Billions/Trillions left to so call ''live'' doesn't mean Earth will not be destroyed before then. Humans will eventually Destroy our world. Our world is eventually to its end by a large meteor also.

Eris
07-30-2009, 02:40 PM
Small Atoms are also everywhere, my opinion to call the event a ''Big Bang'' is because all the atoms in the universe are pulled together by some gravitational pull and eventually causes a large explosion.

This is wrong. You are misinterpreting what the big bang was. It wasn't just an explosion of matter, but an explosion of space. Some time shortly after big bang, the universe was smaller than a pinhead.

Black Ace
07-30-2009, 03:36 PM
This is not wrong. You are misinterpreting what the big bang was. It wasn't just an explosion of matter, but an explosion of space. Some time shortly after big bang, the universe was smaller than a pinhead.

I apologize for the size of the universe once it first began, already knowing it from the History Channel, One of the universe episodes, telling how tiny it was before it 'exploded', But thank you for telling me.

Baka
07-30-2009, 03:46 PM
Nobody fear. I am working on a new universe as we speak. I got the planets on back order. They should be in around Tuesday. Then I just have to get the generator that powers the stars and we are all set.

Oh, and I am gonna use the asteroids from the old Atari game. Should be pretty cool.

Mavericker
07-31-2009, 04:52 PM
There is no end of the universe, it's constantly expanding.