PDA

View Full Version : LoliPOP Guild

kirei-chan
07-13-2009, 03:32 PM
Okay, before I get started let me just say that I have no idea if this belongs here or in Cosplay, so if this is the wrong place, please move it, great and mighty moderators.

A friend of mine and I, as a couple of you know, are big into cosplay and the whole "gosurori"/"gyuru" scene. Essentially, what I'm wanting to do, is see what people think about putting together a sort of club or group or something to that effect. Eventually I hope to express the art to America in a grand way.

Just to clarify, what I'm looking for are opinions, advice, and people who are interested. Please don't post answers like "That's dumb" or anything like that.

MercenaryMERC
07-13-2009, 03:46 PM
Lol lolipop. I have called people that be4.
Good idea.

kirei-chan
07-13-2009, 03:51 PM
Well I was having a conversation with Murasaki and he goes "Lolipop Guild." I looked at him and he adds, "Emphasis on the loli."

I started laughing really hard and then I got this idea. ^^

PolloLight
07-22-2009, 10:45 AM
One could start with providing cosplay pictures to go to motivate others

Teddy2116
07-22-2009, 02:08 PM
Wow I think its a good idea, tho I'm a little bothered by the loli part. Tho if there is a way for me to help I'd like to know how.

Mrpurple
07-22-2009, 05:14 PM
Umm I am not sure what gosurori or gyuru means. Is that something like gothic lolita? I like the Frilly dresses and all I think its really cute*sucker for most things cute* I'd totally be in for it.

kirei-chan
08-10-2009, 11:32 AM
That's exactly what gosurori is! It's a cognate. Pretty much "goth loli". ^^

Kaitou Ace
08-10-2009, 01:34 PM
So it's EGL (Elegant Gothic Lolita) then. May as well call it that o_o;

kirei-chan
08-10-2009, 03:26 PM
Whatever floats your boat. ^^

Alrighty, I'm going to start by taking some of Diet Chicken's (haha, PolloLight, I made a funny) advice and post some pictures that myself and friends of mine have done. Perhaps I'll spur something. ^^

kurai_cho2
08-11-2009, 04:40 PM
woaa... now I know how does gothic lolita look like ^^

Teddy2116
08-11-2009, 10:42 PM
Ah so I see, well so far I'm still liking the idea. Hit me up if there is someway you feel that I might be of help

kirei-chan
08-12-2009, 10:15 PM
Weeeell, lessee. First I think we need to develop a base of people that are interested and can actively participate. After that, it should just be a matter of planning and coordination. See who can do what costumes, etc, and go from there.

Teddy2116
08-13-2009, 05:51 AM
Ah, so the goal is to get more people that are interested, then planning, and after that we work on the things that need to follow. OK cools

RaShayRitto
08-23-2009, 04:51 PM
interesting...so how would a man partake in this? do we get to be the butler entourage to a gang of hot goth girls? each man equipped with a fanny pack, complete with water bottles, folding fans, and spare mascara for the girls

kirei-chan
08-23-2009, 05:01 PM
I love you...

Nah, I've seen some pretty wicked men dressed up at Harajuku, too.

RaShayRitto
08-24-2009, 07:37 PM
Okay so i thought up and sketched out a costume idea for myself. Let me know if its fitting with the theme. the face paint doesnt take my hair into account. i'm also not sure if the eyebrows and beard should be white. making the eyes pure white would be easier than pure black, as going black means custom contacts to cover the entire eye.

anyway, any suggestions or criticisms are more than welcome

kirei-chan
08-24-2009, 07:53 PM
rofl. Wingtip shoes ftw. Dispite your rudimentary drawing skills, I can picture this and I like it. ^^

RaShayRitto
08-24-2009, 08:04 PM
lol drawing skills ftw! cool, glad i was kind of able to grasp how the concept would extend to men. i've never done cosplay of any sort before, so i'm eager to give this an honest shot

Celes Victoria
08-25-2009, 03:07 AM
You're probably referring to the lolita culture.

Lolita doesn't equal to cosplay. o_O Lolita is a separate subculture on its own.

Females can go for... EGL ( Elegant Gothic Lolita )
The line for men is likely EGA ( Elegant Gothic Aristocrat )

There are quite a lot of rules of this culture's clothing to be talked about, too.