PDA

View Full Version : Dudu-dudu-dudu-dudu fail-moth!

Eris
07-09-2009, 06:53 PM
Moths, as we all know, are made of genuine suck, and got fail-tude unrivaled by any other bugs. This thread is for sharing stories of moths and their failings.

A moment ago, I was out for a cancer stick, right, and what happens, a moth comes at me like a rocket, and headbutts the glowing end. Real smart move, Mr. Moth.

overwatch
07-09-2009, 07:02 PM
Fear the moths Eris - fear them!
they are watching and they are after you!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3393/3616925325_f623299aa9.jpg

Eris
07-09-2009, 07:11 PM
Fear the moths Eris - fear them!
they are watching and they are after you!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3393/3616925325_f623299aa9.jpg

I scoff in the face of moths! Any creature dumb enough to dive into the flame deserves no fear or respect from me.

overwatch
07-09-2009, 07:14 PM
actualy when you think about it you should respect him

I mean that moth died to try and save you from the deadly cancers!
And when you look at them more they are greatly opposed to slavary by technology as well - always divebombing lamps trying to smash them - to free us from the chains of artifical light and longer working hours!

Diocletian
07-09-2009, 07:15 PM
The only story I have is someone posting a thread about moths. I've never encountered one since my city is a gas guzzling land of feces. I believe that moths would make a good delicatessen. Props to whoever understands the movie reference.

Eris
07-09-2009, 07:20 PM
actualy when you think about it you should respect him

I mean that moth died to try and save you from the deadly cancers!
And when you look at them more they are greatly opposed to slavary by technology as well - always divebombing lamps trying to smash them - to free us from the chains of artifical light and longer working hours!

In other words, they're moralizing hippies. They're emo too, since they're suicidal and all "dark" and sunlight shunning.

overwatch
07-09-2009, 07:24 PM
In other words, they're moralizing hippies. They're emo too, since they're suicidal and all "dark" and sunlight shunning.

well flying around at night and either being black and white or all colourfull with shiny colours I can't argue against that ;)

Seņor Nobody
07-09-2009, 07:29 PM
Moth + Propane lamp = Mini fireball. This brings me much amusement as it happens rarely enough that it doesn't get old and often enough that I don't lose interest.

Ryuuzaki HD
07-09-2009, 07:39 PM
Moths are not attracted to candles or other flames.

They are disorientated by them. Apart from the odd forest fire, earthly light sources have been in existence for a very short time in comparison to the moth and moths are therefore used to using only the moon and the sun as light sources to guide them. Because the moon and sun are very far away, the incoming light rays that strike the insect arrive virtually parallel to each other. Moths have therefore evolved to expect to receive light at a fixed part of the eye and as long as they fly in a pretty straight line, this visual pattern stays the same. But when the light source is a nearby candle, the rays of light are coming from all angles. The moth tries to follow a straight line to the source of the light and ends up spiralling in towards it.

FAIL!

BDNguyen
07-09-2009, 08:23 PM
I had a "colony" of moths set up their filthy haven in a 2 year old box of oatmeal in the back of my pantry. For about 8 months, my family and I wondered why so many of the creatures flying around the house, until I found where they were chilling. I sucked them all up with a vacuum cleaner, and dumped their eggs on an anthill in my backyard.

Erisa
07-09-2009, 08:31 PM
A moth ran into a candle one time

Uta-chan~
07-10-2009, 05:30 AM
A moth ran into a candle one time

Bahaha lol at that moth. Poor thing.

I was watering a pot plant one day and a moth comes out and attacks me smack bang in the eye. -_-

janajee
07-10-2009, 05:43 AM
Well... my one isn't funny. It's actually a story about a sadistic friend of mine who caught a moth with a sharp pin thing and he proceeded to... well poke it to death. It actually made me want to smack him or something. Though moths usually freak me out... I don't think it ever deserved to die that way...

Storm Strife
07-10-2009, 06:43 AM
On a camping trip when I was younger, moths kept flying into the gas lantern and dying.

Those who didn't found salvation in the teacher's spoon.

Ramona Flowers
07-10-2009, 06:57 AM
So the other night there was this beastly moth chillin on the window screen, this thing looked like it could rape mothra, and when I gently touched the screen if fell to the ground [three stories below] and was eaten by a toad that was half its size.

Fail.

DOOM!
07-10-2009, 04:30 PM
Successful moth is successful.
http://collectingtokens.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/silence_of_the_lambs_ver2.jpg

Dr. Hax
07-10-2009, 04:50 PM
Well... my one isn't funny. It's actually a story about a sadistic friend of mine who caught a moth with a sharp pin thing and he proceeded to... well poke it to death. It actually made me want to smack him or something. Though moths usually freak me out... I don't think it ever deserved to die that way...

Leave the moth alone!!!!

http://i.zdnet.com/blogs/chris-crocker.jpg

To be serious though, I would've poked the little devil as well.