PDA

View Full Version : Roms What Do U Think Of Them?

squall_leonhart
12-22-2003, 03:01 AM
Ok this topic is all about Roms if u dont no what a Rom is its a copy of a game u can play on ur computer e.g. super mario brothers on snes. now what i think of roms r that they r good in a way of people gettin to pla games that didn't come out in their country. so what do u think on the subject.
oh and feel free to post rom sites.

Eudial sama
12-23-2003, 01:58 AM
First of all, cut out the 'r' and 'u's. They just make your text hard to read.
Next, learn about Capitalizing letters.

Finally; ROMs are OK IMHO. I mean, who seriously buys Zelda 3 and other old snes games these days? And you probably own a busted-up copy of the game anyhow. But newer roms for say PS2 are different. I'm not sure if i encourage them.

Seth Aechi
12-23-2003, 04:56 PM
I don't support most new roms (even though I do own some GBA roms), but I feel that roms from older systems are fine. I have a bunch of roms for NES, SNES, and Genesis, and I'm trying to find some ISOs for my Sega Saturn emulator (if you've found any, e-mail me posthaste. Especially if you found NiGHTS or Radiant Silvergun.)

One Winged Angel
12-25-2003, 09:45 PM
I'm all for them as long as they don't touch the top contenders (Xbox PS2 and GCN respectively) I don't think this problem will get as bad as the whole mp3/file sharing/RIAA whole deal, but if it does, I will totally respect and support the gaming companies.

squall_leonhart
12-25-2003, 10:29 PM
I don't support most new roms (even though I do own some GBA roms), but I feel that roms from older systems are fine. I have a bunch of roms for NES, SNES, and Genesis, and I'm trying to find some ISOs for my Sega Saturn emulator
I feel the same way old roms are good but if u get the new ones like for the PS2 and all the others. I have a few gba roms and thats it.

Yamcha
12-26-2003, 12:43 PM
I think roms all together, just junk up everthing and sorta muck up the system makin it slugish. But maybe thats just me.

Regex
12-28-2003, 02:34 PM
This is getting on the copyright issue once more. As I see it, as with most of these issues, they are okay, so long as you aren't taking money away from the people who have created the things. Me, I still do buy my favorite SNES games. I just bought FFIII last year from someone on EBay, because I love the game. However, I usually play it on ZSNES, because I prefer being able to map my own controls and the like.

squall_leonhart
12-29-2003, 04:27 AM
well by rights your not violatig any copyright laws because if your own the orginal game its legal to own the rom for that game

Regex
12-29-2003, 05:57 AM
Not exactly legal... Most games anymore say that you aren't really supposed to copy the games anyway..

Lunna
12-29-2003, 10:38 AM
Roms Rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i used to have a big collection of snes before but my computer went crazy one day and everything got deleted :'(

squall_leonhart
12-29-2003, 02:50 PM
yeah i used to hav almost every snes rom on my computer than i had to get it reformatted than i lost them all

Yamcha
12-29-2003, 04:33 PM
heh, I still don't like 'em

OnSilentWings
12-29-2003, 11:10 PM
Personally I have nothing against ROMs...I mean they allow you to step backwards in time a few years and recapture the days of your youth whittled away before the golden oldies of the gaming world. I do agree with most people here though that the next-gen ROMs is kinda pushing it...

Dai
12-31-2003, 09:21 PM
roms are the best they let u play games 10 years out of busines just dont get caught

ColorMeBloodRed
01-11-2004, 02:30 PM
I heart my gba roms ^_^
~mana~

Angel
01-11-2004, 06:56 PM
I love ROMs. They're free!

ColorMeBloodRed
01-12-2004, 04:07 PM
Everything free in life is the best..!!
~mana~
*points at her funny looking hat she is wearing *

Deadscyte
01-20-2004, 12:29 PM
Roms are ok i think :^_^: .

And i've got roms because most of the older games like Chrono Trigger and the Secret of mana series provide more fun gameplay then (most) new games.

Of course there are much good new games like FF x2 :)

ps. sorry for my bad english but i'm from holland so that explains alot.

LadyPSerenity
01-20-2004, 07:44 PM
Roms are nice... but as stated... not free.
Stolen technically.

They do touch onto the copyright law and such. It isn't totally illegal as long as you own the game, and such and such...

There is a lot of unsure ness when it comes to roms as they are by technicallities illegal, just like mp3s...

onslaught2029
01-29-2004, 09:08 AM
Here's my take on ROMS:

If the ROM is for a system that is not production anymore and that you can get the games for anymore, like Genesis or Nintendo, then its ok because the companies don't really get any money off them anymore.

However, XBOX, Gamecube, PS2, and all other current system ROMS are really bad because they DO take money from the companies which in turn cause the prices of games to go up to make up the slack from lost profits.