PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Anime!!

Happy_Smiles
06-20-2009, 03:04 PM
Hi guys!

I was just thinking about the summer and how quite a lot of people will be going on holiday soon, including me. And how a big part of going on holiday is the actual "going" part. For me this year, it's a total of 31 HOURS!!! On trains, planes and automobiles, and I imagine that it's quite similar for everyone else.

Anyway the point of my thread was to ask...

a) What anime/manga have you enjoyed before on a summer holiday and where :)?
b) Does anyone know of a good series to watch during my 31 hours of travelling (kinda getting desperate:( )

Teddy2116
06-20-2009, 03:18 PM
To answer your first question, Eureka 7 i sat down for 3 days watching that anime from beginning to end (note it wasn't 3 days straight of watching it without breaks)

And for the second question, it all depends on what anime you're looking for. personally I'd say School Rumble if you want a romance/comedy anime to fill most (if not all) of your 31 hour time of traveling

Happy_Smiles
06-20-2009, 03:20 PM
lol way ahead of you "mugen by name", I've just finished series one of School Rumble!! Absolutely brilliant! It was so hilarious! I'm guessing Harima was your favourite character?

Teddy2116
06-20-2009, 03:29 PM
Yes sir he was, you gotta see season two and three (through the third is only in subs and i really dont care to much for the voice actor that play Harima)

Diocletian
06-20-2009, 03:32 PM
You have 31 hours? Legend of the Galactic Heroes and Captain Harlock will make it all feel like two hours.

I remember watching Tokko on Christmas....and that's it!

Happy_Smiles
06-20-2009, 03:33 PM
Really!? I quite like the Japanese Harima. I tried listening to it in English but the American Tenma really annoyed me :P! I have ordered season 2 but I think it'll take a while, still can't wait to see it. I loved how they pretended he was an alien at the end. lol it almost convinced me haha!

Can I ask, what else have you watched like this? I really like this genre, lol well actually most except ones with mechs or samurais!

Teddy2116
06-20-2009, 03:44 PM
well for romance/comedy i liked ouran high host club (through its a reverse harem anime its still good)

for the mech and samurai one, For mech any of the gundams and for the samurai, personally i loved Samurai Champloo. I'd also say Samurai 7 or Samurai X

Happy_Smiles
06-20-2009, 03:49 PM
thanks :), although I meant Samurai and Mecha werent personally for me. I have heard of Ouran High School Host Club, maybe I should check it out :)!

Teddy2116
06-20-2009, 03:49 PM
Really!? I quite like the Japanese Harima. I tried listening to it in English but the American Tenma really annoyed me :P! I have ordered season 2 but I think it'll take a while, still can't wait to see it. I loved how they pretended he was an alien at the end. lol it almost convinced me haha!

Really i love her voice, through it was a little to high pitched but it could of been way wrost, but believe me the second season is by far the funniest.

Grr now i wanna watch the second season over again

Teddy2116
06-20-2009, 03:52 PM
thanks :), although I meant Samurai and Mecha werent personally for me. I have heard of Ouran High School Host Club, maybe I should check it out :)!

Doh... sorry about that.

Happy_Smiles
06-20-2009, 04:03 PM
Haha, you've got me all excited about the second season now! Have you seen Azumanga Daioh?

Teddy2116
06-20-2009, 04:08 PM
Can't say i have sorry

Happy_Smiles
06-20-2009, 04:14 PM
I was going to say that I don't think it's quite as good as School Rumble, there is less to keep you hooked

Teddy2116
06-20-2009, 04:20 PM
hmm I'll check it out, through i cant watch the anime at the moment (too busy with work) ill pick up the manga (if there is one *hopes*)

IcePriestess
06-21-2009, 04:47 AM

You should check it out(if you didn't already). It's very good. And if you like Romance animes you could check Fruit's basket. Or if you like manga I could give you a small list:

You're my Girlfriend
Kaichou wa maid-sama
Bloody Kiss
Thousand years of snow (also known as Millennium snow)
Kiss/Hug
Ai Hime Ai to Himegoto
Lilim kiss
Vampire knight(anime too)
Otokomae Beads Club
Cutie Boy
Fall in love like a comic
Nagatachou Strawberry
MT Pass
Anime: Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru (The Maidens are Falling in Love with Elder Sister)

Well it should be enough shouldn't it? :D Sorry if you don't like romantic animes, but these days I started liking it and can't help it, but share this information with others :D

Happy_Smiles
06-21-2009, 09:13 AM
lol thanks for the list IcePriestess, actually I do really like Romance animes, lol guilty pleasure I suppose! Is Fruit's Basket good? I know it's really popular but does it have a good plot?

Teddy2116
06-21-2009, 09:33 AM
Yeah so far I heard good things about it

IcePriestess
06-21-2009, 09:39 AM
It's about one girl, which lost her mother in accident and had nowhere to go. First she lived with her grandfather, but her aunt(I guess it was aunt) came and she didn't want to bother them so she left and started living in a tent. In school there was a beautiful "prince" named Yuki and every girl liked him. And he happened to let Tohru(girl's name) live at his house. And she exposes Yuki's secret about Zodiac members. Whenever Yuki or other Zodiac member is embraced by a opposite gender they turn into Zodiac's animals! Then her adventures begins.
Something like that. Personally I liked it.

Teddy2116
06-21-2009, 09:42 AM
Wow... I might just watch or read that now. Kinda reminds me of Ouran High Host Club

Happy_Smiles
06-21-2009, 09:43 AM
sounds good! Thanks for all the suggestions. I guess I'll have to buy some of them and see what I think :), 31 hours will fly by, actually quite literally I suppose.

Teddy2116
06-21-2009, 09:51 AM
sounds good! Thanks for all the suggestions. I guess I'll have to buy some of them and see what I think :), 31 hours will fly by, actually quite literally I suppose.

Welcome and hope your trip will be a blast

Happy_Smiles
06-21-2009, 09:59 AM
Thanks a lot :D

Baka
06-21-2009, 04:41 PM
Whether you watch them on your trip or not I highly recommend;

Gokujou Seitokai
Penguin Musume Heart
K-ON!

kajikun16
06-21-2009, 09:28 PM
watch lovely complex and shuffle along with clannad

Kobarokawa-San
06-22-2009, 06:12 AM
You can watch Clannad or Kanon if you want a good story with drama, romance, funny parts, mystery and some tears :P

Elfen Lied for some action and gore but very good
True Tears for another romance. School Days for a different romance (at least in the end)

Suzumiya Haruhi for a very funny story with a lot of action and no-sense parts

Ergo Proxy for a fantastic science-fiction story