PDA

View Full Version : HELLSING ( anime series, manga, OVA )...

CrystalAce
06-20-2009, 11:28 AM
Hellsing is clearly one of my fav anime till date, though I've just read the manga (and, still reading) and watched it's OVA. I have not watched it's anime series yet.

As we know, OVA closely follows the manga while it's anime series did not, I was wondering:

How good is it's anime series compared to the manga or it's OVA ( Hellsing Ultimate) ?
Also, what do you guys think of it's anime series, manga and OVA ?

Takizawa
06-20-2009, 10:14 PM
I personally watched the series first and fell in love with it and then watched the OVA's and liked them a lot too. You might not like the animation for the series, its not nearly as good. But it is a great series.

Zombie Panda
06-21-2009, 01:27 AM
Like stated above, both are good. I'd go w/ the OVA being better, though. The story in the series, at some point, decides to go left while the manga series decided to go right & it got kinda confusing at some points.

The Manga/OVA series is just so much more engrossing...more explosive & dynamic, I guess you could say. Final say? Anime (7/10) & Manga/OVA (9/10).

IcePriestess
06-21-2009, 04:20 AM
I haven't watched manga, but I have watched Anime and OVA. I think OVA is way better than anime. In anime it is very confusing, sometimes I haven't even understood what that all was about and was left "at the edge of cliff", but in OVA I understood everything. So I think that OVA is 2x better than anime.

Haoie
06-21-2009, 04:21 AM
The faux British accents are terrible.

CrystalAce
06-21-2009, 01:15 PM
So, it's anime series is not that good at all, huh? Well, I don't want to spoil the good feeling I have for this anime, so I would definately not watch the series.

Anyway, I found OVA to be much better in subbed than in dubbed. I found dubbed version really quite dull. Anderson sounded total crazy during fight in subbed version of OVA...my kind of anti-hero, I'd say...

Takizawa
06-23-2009, 12:34 AM
So, it's anime series is not that good at all, huh? Well, I don't want to spoil the good feeling I have for this anime, so I would definately not watch the series.

Anyway, I found OVA to be much better in subbed than in dubbed. I found dubbed version really quite dull. Anderson sounded total crazy during fight in subbed version of OVA...my kind of anti-hero, I'd say...
Trust me it wont ruin it for you.

And subbed is always better than dubbed ;)

MangaFanGuy
06-23-2009, 03:54 AM
I enjoyed the OVA version the best.
It took all the good parts of the manga and really brought them to life.
The TV series was good but not as much as the Manga or OVA

Monogatari
06-24-2009, 06:53 PM
The OVA really gives an enjoying watching experience, just as the manga gives a great reading one. The original anime was stopped since it drifted away from the manga plot but I'm glad the OVA is following it to the teeth. It's great overall and I watched the first episode again last night. Ceras...:love:

The sixth episode is coming out in July! Yes!