PDA

View Full Version : Sign Up: Harry Potter and the Relic of Deorc

Capernicus
06-17-2009, 10:42 PM
Graciously approved by LadyPSerenity

Post Limit: 5-6 posts per day per player

Co-Manager: faceless111, his words are law if I'm not around and he's the main adviser for plot since this was originally his RP.

Rules:
1. No God moding
2. No character deaths without the player's consent
3. Try to stick to things already created in the HP world (this includes spells!). A good reference site can be found here (http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page), which has everything you ever wanted to know about HP and more.
4. If you really feel the need to create something original, I'll be posting an OOC thread (nifty lil thread) later and ask in there.

Title: Harry Potter and the Relic of Deorc

History:

The basics: Players are a student enrolled in HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY. They can choose their school house (Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin) and their year (1,2,3,4,5,6, or 7). Also, Quidditch will be in season soon, so they'll be able to have a position on the team (Keeper, Chaser, Beater, or Seeker). I haven't decided whether or not Quidditch will play a role in the storyline. It will depend on the number of players on the team I suppose, and those will be taken on a first come, first serve basis (so read the other posts in here!).

I want to create a new Harry Potter RPG, but I want to set it apart from the Harry Potter storyline. So, I'm setting it in present times, 2009, which actually takes place 12 years after book 7. This way, we can have our own stories and such. I don't want you creating characters with direct relations with Harry or anything like that. Keep your characters original. If you've already read the seventh book like me, you know what has become of Harry and company, so there's no need intertwine with them. So, even though the title says "Harry Potter," there will be no Harry Potter in this RPG.

Remember, faceless and I reserve the right to deny character submissions as we see fit. Pictures are acceptable as descriptions for your characters, but ONLY when accompanied with a written out description. Failure to do so will result in immediate disapproval. I won't even read your post. This RP is going to require excellent writing skills, and your submissions will demonstrate to me your abilities. So put some effort into them! If we think you just rushed, we will deny you. You then have one chance to make an acceptable submission, and if denied again all further submissions will be denied without being read.

Players are encouraged to make their posts as detailed as possible. I expect you to do more than just describe what your character is doing. Your posts should include things such as:

*general atmosphere
*mood
*thoughts
*actions
*dialogue

Now I'm aware that not all posts will include every element mentioned (otherwise the RP will read like a bunch of monologues), but please make it a point to include things where appropriate. Some posts should take you a half hour to write, others will take you less than five minutes. I want to see a variety from everybody!

Also, I want to see a decent mix of first years in here! Otherwise the sorting will just be boring for everyone! Making multiple characters is encouraged, though approval will be given or withheld for individual characters (ie if I can approve one character but deny the other). Just make sure you are updating both characters regularly.

The main storyline: The year is 2009, eleven years after the death of Albus Dumbledore. Hogwarts is stablized and repaired from the war with Voldemort. Times are relatively safe, although a sharp lookout is always constant for dark wizards. The school grounds are once again considered the safest place in the wizarding community.

A new school term is approaching and returning students, as well as new enrollments, are preparing for their classes. Players will start in Diagon Alley.

The darker elements of the RPG will unfold throughout the school year. The main anatagonist is an ancient wizard, Nero Deorc, and a history about him will be given in length near the start of the RPG. His re-awakening will be the cause of odd and evil occurences at Hogwarts, which you can choose to fight against or fight for throughout the RPG. Though the cause of his re-awakening is also a mystery at first, it will be revealed as the RPG goes on.

The Relic of Deorc is a powerful magical item that makes the magic of the owning wizard much more potent. It has been kept safe in Hogwarts for centuries, but the new school year brings a the key element into Hogwarts that enacts and reacts with the relic.

The staff of Hogwarts will be NPCs and are as follows:

Headmistress: Minerva McGonagall
Transfiguration: Denvon Lynebeck, Head of Ravenclaw House
Care of Magical Creatures: Rubeus Hagrid, gamekeeper, Keeper of Keys
Potions: Horace E. F. Slughorn, Head of Slytherin House
Charms: Filius Flitwick
Herbology: Neville Longbottom, Head of Gryffindor House
Defense Against the Dark Arts: Larzuk S. King
History of Magic: Cuthbert Binns
Muggle Studies: Susan Bones, Head of Hufflepuff House
Flying Lessons: Madam Rolanda Hooch

Character sheets; example:

Name:

House:

Year:

Appearance:

Personality:

Bio/background:

My characters:

Name: Alexis Davis

House: Gryffindor

Year: 4th

Appearance: Alexis is a fairly tall and slender girl for her age, standing 5’6” and 120 lbs. Most of her height comes from her legs, for her limbs seem to extend slightly farther than the average person’s. Curiously, her hands and feet are rather larger than usual as well, making for an interesting, but not altogether unattractive, frame. She has long tawny hair, which she keeps almost constantly in a ponytail, and glasses. Her eyes are deep brown and her smile very even. Her features are fairly symmetrical, though not remarkable.

Personality: Alexis is a bit of a tomboy, and this is reflected in her appearance and sense of style (or lack thereof). She loves to be outside, and has an odd fascination for climbing and sitting in trees. Her normal dress allows her to do this very easily, for she likes to wear jeans, a loose T-shirt, and trainers. Her tomboyishness has also led her to take a huge interest in Quidditch, though, she never watches the professional teams. She only likes to play. She is competent playing any position other than seeker, but her strength lies in keeping. She plays Keeper for the Gryffindor team.

A very sensible and intelligent girl, Alexis expected to be sorted into Ravenclaw, just as her family members before her had. So, when the Sorting Hat called out Gryffindor, she was quite shocked. She had never considered herself all that courageous. It is her belief that the hat made a mistake, taking her stone honesty and firm loyalty for bravery. However, she finds that she fits in Gryffindor as much as she could hope, which isn’t saying much.

Being an only child, Alexis is rather used to getting her own way. There have been several incidents where Alexis has thrown a fit in order to get a new Quidditch Broom.

Bio/background: The Davis family is a fairly small and close nit family because it is rather newer than others. The Davises trace back their magical heritage only three generations, not including Alexis. Her father, Jeremiah Davis, is a kind and friendly man who works for the Ministry of Magic, in the Department of Magical Transportation. Her mother, Ariana Davis, is a very clever and articulate witch who also works for the Ministry, in the Department of International Magical Cooperation. She speaks five languages fluently.

The Davis family is not wealthy nor influential, for neither Jeremiah nor Ariana hold high positions in the Ministry, but together they earn enough to afford a rather large house.

Alexis' wand is of oak, very thin and slightly bendable, eleven inches, with a core of unicorn hair.

-----------------------------------------

Name: Reginal Valencia

House: to be sorted

Year: 1st

Appearance: Reginal is rather short and straggly for his age. Often, he is mistaken for a child some years younger than he really is, and this infuriates him. His hair is pure black and naturally sticks up in odd angles, earning him the nickname Sonic the Hedgehog. Additionally his skin is dark, but his eyes are deep blue. Because of his build, his clothes are often extremely baggy on him.

Personality: Reginal isn't the sort of person that makes friends easily. He is extremely introverted and anti-social. Therefore, when he is thrown into a situation where he must interact with other people, he comes off as cold and condescending. But he's not a bad guy by nature, just jaded from the life he has lived. Those that penetrate his dark exterior find that he is the most loyal friend one could ask for.

Bio/background: Reginal's parents were killed by a muggle when he was extremely young. After this, Reginal was forced to move in with his Aunt Mariam and Uncle Graeme, both of which treated Reginal very poorly. They often neglected his feelings, further isolating the young and reflective boy. This is what has caused Reginal to become cruel at such a young age. There have been several incidents in his school career where his peers have teased him, calling him Sonic rather than his real name. These incidents were usually followed by something horrible happening to those involved.

At first this frightened Reginal. He knew his aunt and uncle could do magic, but he never imagined that he himself might also be able to. They never mentioned the possibility to him, nor what would happen if could. But slowly Reginal found out himself. He became aware of how to control his magic, and he then took to baiting bullies in hopes the opportunity to practice would present itself. Though, as Reginal's control became sharper, the Hogwarts acceptance letters were on their way to 11 year olds all over the world. When Reginal received his, he had mixed feelings. At first delighted that he was right in thinking he was a wizard, but also furious that he would have to wait several weeks before performing such magic again or else face expulsion.

Reginal eagerly awaits the time to board the Hogwarts express. Though unsure what wonders and horrors he'll encounter, he is determined to become a very powerful wizard.

Plot advancements:

The plot will advance in "chapters" of the RPG that will move along throughout the school year. In each chapter there'll be an event that is harmful to the players. The mystery behind these disturbing events will slowly be uncovered as the players advance through the RPG. Players will have to pay attention to when a chapter ends and a new one begins; I will mark new chapters in MY posts to that the players will know. The purpose of chapters in this RPG is to force the players along and this will hopefully keep the RPG from becoming dull or coming to a halt.

Additionally, those of you players that would like the ability to perform magic without a wand, give me a very detailed explanation about how this feat was achieved and which spells can be performed this way. I will be VERY selective about who I grant this to, as it hints closely to God Modding, and I need to know that you will be responsible with this ability.

Tetsanosuke
06-17-2009, 11:34 PM
Revived yet again I see. This time hopefully I can stick with it. .__.;
I was thinking of a Harry Potter based RP myself, or just one based off of "Mage: The Awakening". In any case, lessee what happens. (Maybe I should try to bring back Endless Oceans too. =oo. )

Name: Azrael Croix Crowely (Rumored relation to Aleister Crowley, but dismissed by the difference in spelling of the last names.)

House: Ravenclaw
Year: 7

Appearance: When viewed within a moderately close range, one will notice his juvenile appearance easily. He has shock white hair, short but not so much so, gently hanging over his face. A single black streak included near the fore of his hair. His hair is the result of his rare trait which was passed in the heritage of his pure blood family, as he is a Metamorphagus (http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Metamorphmagus). Even so, sometimes he finds different colors appealing, and his hair color will occasionally shift with his moods which seem quite.. Eccentric.

He stands at a meager 5' 11'', and has a slightly athletic build. His eyes generally have white irises outlined in black, with a single pupil at the center, but because he is a Metamorphagus, he changes the colors at will and even the iris and pupil structures just to suit his whims. He always wears a white-leathered, yet black pinned and outlined glove on his left hand, and is neverseen without that glove which tends to be very durable. It's a special glove his family gave him that doesn't burn easily and wetness resistant- because of his eccentricies.

Other then the general attire of the school he wheres black boots. The link above will describe how he'll occasionally shift his body around otherwise.

Personality: Eccentric would be the best way to put it. Enigmatic, as he tends to be two sides to his own coin. There are times when he's down to Earth, and there are other times when he's high in the sky.

Magic only makes this behaivior more intense, as he adores everything magical. His associates can only describe him as, weird, for lack of a better and more suitable term, as occasionally he'll speak in poems, and other times he'll be direct. He tends to be objective at his core, logical in his own sense, finding reasoning where some may fail to look.

He's known in the Slytherin house as some nutter pariah, known in his own house as a very intellegent, if not, interestingly weird person. The other two houses tend to take mixed standings on him, as his objective ways only tend to annoy Slytherin's ambitiously (And sometimes) prideful ways.

Bio/background:
Azrael grew up in the Crowely 'Estate' in Britain, as his family consisted mostly of pure blooded wizards. Where a few of his relatives tended to despise all but pure blood, Azrael grew up with muggle children in the nearby farming community.

Even though he was home schooled, he managed to have a pretty normal life until he hit the age of eight, and it was at that time he accidentally set a friend's farm aflame without even realizing what he did. Several of the farm houses were destroyed, and a couple of the people living in the area were killed as well.

He was isolated after that, until he was finally deemed 'suitable' to socialize with other children- at that time other children like him. His first year of school was at Durmstrang, but that year was hell. He was bullied for his awkward shape changing abilities, and got into many make-shift duels with students one or even two grades higher then him. He only did so to defend himself, and when the year was up (with top marks even with all the bullying) his parents decided he had to change schools.

He had attended Hogwarts from 2nd year to the present 7th year, absorbing information like a vacuum, and exploring reality through magic. His first few years at Hogwarts had labeled him an outcast.

But when he ended up saving a second year student on a run away broom, he gained some fame and praise, and people started talking to him (That was 5th year). Now he's finishing school, and exploring the final ebbs of the reality of Hogwarts before being released into the world- where he plans on becoming an Auror (Out of all of his 'plans' this one seems the most coherent). The Dark Arts interest him as much as any other magic does, and this is nearly reflected in how adept he has become at wizard combat (Obviously to certain limits).

His wand is made up of Ash, and has a Dragon Heartstring core.

Ωmega
06-17-2009, 11:35 PM
Name: Chloe and Zoe Madison

House: Hufflepuff

Year: 2

Appearance: [see attached 1] Chloe has discoloration in her right eye, Zoe in her left. Both stand at about 5'5, 115 pounds and sport short, teal hair that reaches below the ear in the back, below the chin in the front. A mischievous smile can usually bee seen plastered on their faces. They like to wear coordinated outfits with opposite color schemes. They often tend to wear their favorite outfit on bunny-ear hoods and long sleeved jackets, along with stripped socks. When in uniform, they wear yellow and black stripped socks, one wearing mostly yellow, the other wearing mostly black.

Personality: Both tend to be very mischievous. They like to intrude on other people's business and will at times spread rumors. Everything they do is for the sake of "fun". The twins can be very loud at times, especially when flustered or agitated. More often than not, they prefer to be around each other and -only- each other, as other people tend to bore them. When something interesting does come up, they make sure to be right there for all the action. If its a confrontation, they wont take sides and instead will feed fire to -both- sides for a 'more interesting show'. However, Chloe tends to be a bit colder than her sister Zoe.

Bio/background: Chloe and Zoe were born in England to a wizard and a witch. They often found themselves in a lot of trouble for using their powers in the muggle world, but were never caught by anyone other than their parents. Both girls were very anti-social until coming to Hogwarts, though perhaps it was better if they were still anti-social. Theyve caused quite a bit of trouble in their time there, and are quite notorious, especially since they've been sorted into Hufflepuff [since Hufflepuff centers around friendship and fair play, something they do -not- do]. Some of their favorite things to do are pranks, swapping places, playing with insects and other "gross" things, and breaking rules.

Chloe's wand is vinewood wrapped in oak, and Zoe's wand is oak wrapped in vinewood [both contain traces of dragon heartstring]

Name: Katie McDowell

Year: 6

Appearance: [see attached 2] Bright green eyes, fair skin and soft pink hair. She stands at about 5'8 and is of petite build [weighs roughly 120 pounds]. Her hair is layered, and she often picks up the middle section in a pig-tail sort of fashion, though she has been known to do her hair differently at times. Katie tends to have a very 'empty-headed' smile on her face as she walks through the halls of Hogwarts. She isnt seen very often in anything other that he school robes or uniform, so rumors of her not having a wardrobe has sprung. Possibly do to her sorting into Ravenclaw, Katie will often wear bronze and sapphire jewelery.

Personality: Over achiever. She likes to study and strives for top marks. In social settings she can be very shy and timid, and often has trouble making friends. She does however, love to tutor classmates. She tends to be very polite and proper, as she was raised to be by her grandmother. More often than not, she has a very 'lost in space' expression to her. She was raised to be polite to others, and will often smile, even when insulted. She tries not to let things get to her and doesnt like to let people see her in her 'weaker' moments. Her hobbies include studying, potions, confectionery, and collecting small trinkets.

Bio/background: Born and raised a good deal in Ireland, Katie moved only to attend Hogwarts. He parents died when she was young, so she knows next to nothing about them. As a child, she spent a good deal of time studying magic with her grandmother and is very well informed in all fields, thus her placement in Ravenclaw. Because she spent most of her time studying as a child, she has a hard time interacting with others. She has a soft spot for animals, although she doesnt have one. She would often take in stray animals despite her grandmother's scolding for doing so. She spent most of her time at Hogwarts in her room, doing school work, though she will at times sketch cute animals on her notes.

Her wand is made of Unicorn hair, though because of her studying a knack for magic, she can often perform magic without it.

Capernicus
06-17-2009, 11:43 PM
Tetsanosuke: Approved. =D

Maru: Denied on both counts. Read my post and try again.

Ωmega
06-17-2009, 11:53 PM
omg, THAR

...making me work, woman

Faceless111
06-17-2009, 11:57 PM
Name: Nathaniel Banes

Appearance: Nathan has grown into quite a handsome looking young man. His sharp, keen facial features has turned out to make him quite popular with the young girls, but retains a "young boy" look. His use of glasses is sometimes a hindrance, especially when playing quidditch, but gives him a somewhat geeky charm. He has hair that falls in slight curls and is dark brown. Even outside of school, his attire does not lose its educational formality as it will usually be a sweater vest over a shirt and tie. He stands at 5'6" and is at a healthy, energnic weight.

Personality: Nathan is rather the joker of all things. He keeps an upbeat attitude in the face of exams and homework, as he is quite the bookworm. He often feigns ignorance, though, to discourage any requests for help with homework. He likes to joke, but only really cuts loose when he's with his best friend, Nicholas Silverwing. As easy-going as he seems to be though, he really has to try to not be so anti-social, especially with girls. He's clever, witty, and loves to use sarcasm.

Bio/background: Nathan was raised by his grandfather, Articus Banes, in an apartment above the shop they owned in Diagon Alley: Banes' Apothecary. As an evident side-effect of living/working in an apothecary, Nathan gained a knowledge of potions and herbs beyond his years. His father died when Nathan was young, only three years old. He was told that his father died of Dragonsbreath, an illness that often affects field workers of the Department of Magical Creatures working in South Africa. His mother, distraught by the ordeal, buried herself in work and took a position at the Ministry in the Department of International Wizards Exchange. The job required her to constantly travel. She sent money and visited three months out of the year. It didn't bother Nathan, he rather enjoyed the arrangement. As most young boys, even he has a mischievous side; a side he exercised often when not under supervision.

Articus has given Nathan an endless list of chores around the shop and errands to run around Diagon Alley, beating the value of hard work into him. He maintains good grades, and even has a position on the quidditch team: he's one of the Ravenclaw Chasers. It's only his second year playing, but he's always improving. His broom is a vintage Silverarrow with custom enchantments to increase the speed and control. His wand is 13", oak, dragon heartstring core. His cat, Shakespeare, is an Highland Lynx and can be seen lounging in the Ravenclaw Common Room or, at night, roaming the halls of Hogwarts like a ninja.

Name: Christopher Silverwing

House: Gryfindor, prefect

Year: 5th

Appearance: Christopher plays the pretty boy much too often. He takes to grooming his shoulder-length, sandy blond hair into perfect, shiny complexion. He has a rather angular face and likes to think he has the looks necessary to be on Teen Wizard magazines world-wide. This might be an exaggeration, but he is rather good-looking in a rather goofy fashion. His sense of fashion has always been absurdly I'm-a-rock-star, but he often dresses in a retro manner. He's 5'5" with a lean, toned body, although imperfect with acne on his chest and back. His face might one day sport the odd pimple, but was mostly acne-free.

Personality: Chris is a classic narcissist. He often spends half an hour grooming himself in the morning, all to maintain his superficiality. He loves complements and is overtly flirtatious, though not successfully. He's a comical character that has a bad habit of trying to extend jokes way past the punchline. He's funny and silly in his own right, but is thankfully too immature to admit it. However, as the oldest of many siblings, he has a big brother attitude, which is what won him his title as prefect this year. Though a year older than Nathan, he relies on Nate to make all the decisions.

Bio/history: Christopher was a surprise for his father and mother. He was, in fact, the reason for marriage. His father was at first reluctant, but proposed to his mother when Chris turned three years old. In the marriage, two younger brothers (two and three year differences) and a younger sister (11 years younger) and one more brother (13 years younger). Drowned in siblings, Nick loves to flee to his peers at Hogwarts. Though he has the big brother attitude and feels protective of the younger students.

Chris met Nathan in his second year, when Nathan was first sorted into Ravenclaw. Nathan sat next to Chris in many of their co-classrooms and they befriended each other immediately. They each had an interest in playing quidditch, and similar fart jokes, and started getting into the typical misadventures of two young boys. Christopher wasn't as smart as Nathan, but he excelled in other fields. He tended to get dates every so often, while Nathan was buried in a book. Chris, however, dreams of making music more than anything else. He knows how to play several instruments but prefers the guitar. This earned him the nickname "Music Man." He joined the quidditch team two years ago, as a beater. He flies a Pegasus VII broom and has a 9", yew, phoenix feather core.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a245/Faceless111/scan0003.jpg

Capernicus
06-18-2009, 12:33 AM
Maru: Approved. Good girl. *pet pet*

Faceless: What happens if I deny my co-GM's character? Would be so har har. Anyway, approved my good fellow.

Faceless111
06-18-2009, 12:53 AM
I'm such a good fellow. Yup, no problems, with my characters. I'm finally satisfied with characters I've created, that's new. By the way, I editted my second character into my post, so go ahead and check him out.

Princely Dreaming Doll
06-18-2009, 01:29 AM
Name: Morpheal last name-Eraysia [E-ray-sha]

House: Slytherin

Year: 2nd

Appearance: Morpheal wears the traditional slytherin robes, with the green. All though he added a hood to always hide himself. Under the hood he has fair pale skin, jet black hair, and electric blue eyes. He's very handsome for being twelve years old. He's generally very thin and he looks almost sickly at times. His eyes reflect a melancholy calm. His is also short only around five foot.

Personality: Quiet and calm with a set of morals unknown to the Slytherin. He is the least bit cold and cruel like a true Slytherin's nature. He seems much more suited for one of the kinder houses. He's very intelligent and very to himself. Growing up the way he did drowned out by the worship of dark arts he tends to frown upon the dark arts as well as he frowns upon the personalities of most Slytherins. Not very active and prefers not to do any physical activity.

Background: Morpheal was raised in a family of dark art worshipers. He had nothing against it or never even spoke out about it. He let them be there way and he went his own way. When he was accepted into Hogwarts his parents were overjoyed, but only because he would be fulfilling one of their dreams. In his 1st year his parents were outraged when the Sorting Hat placed their son in Gryffindor. Upon request of the parents in his 2nd year he has been placed in the Slytherin for good this time. Morpheal doesn't complain about nor does he really say anything about it. He frowns upon the immature behavior displayed. Morpheal realizes that in Slytherin he'll become like his 2 elder brothers drowned out and plain.

Morpheal was born with an odd gift. He could see the future. Basically only about 2 years into the future. It really has no use at the moment because it isn't well focused. It appears to grow as Morpheal grows. In most cases he appears to have been spacing out. In other cases he passes out, it's almost like through a Peneseive. He really needs to stay focus to move through the scene, but it always doesn't work that way and tends to back fire. He's really trying to learn how to control it as well as study at Hogwarts and become a better wizard.

Capernicus
06-18-2009, 04:17 AM
Sparkly Perriwinkle: Denied. Make the following changes and you will be approved:
*Give Morpheal a last name
*Give us a better description of your character, ie height, build, and some extra details.
*Flesh out his personality a bit more. I like where you're going and want more detail.
*Go ahead and add a paragraph on his psychic abilities to his bio. Be specific about how developed his abilities are. If it doesn't seem too GodModish, I'll allow it.

Sanosuke23
06-18-2009, 07:21 AM
It has been a while since I've had to write one of these, and I'm relatively new to the whole HP thing(spent the past couple of hours reading up) so kindly cut me some slack if I need to rewrite some things.

Name: Medin Westbridge

House: TBD

Appearance: Medin stands at around 5'3", though he's usually bent a bit forward with his knees bent slightly placing him somewhere in the range of 5'. He has light ash-colored hair cut short with a left-side part and overly round hazel eyes with a bit of an olive complexion. His nose is narrow and squarish and his mouth is small, with lips so thin as to be nonexistent. He has a slight but athletic build(though he's a bit young to be expounding the virtues of his physical prowess, it wouldn't be hard to predict that as he hits his prime he'd have something of a runner's physique) that all but disappears in clothing that is often not properly sized for him. He has a bit of a nervous tic, twitching like a small animal jerking at the slightest noise.

Personality: Generally friendly and optimistic, but soft-spoken. Medin is pretty amicable and is more than willing to help someone that needs it if he can, though he'll refuse or withdraw as politely as he can if he thinks he's doing a disproportionately high share of the work. He's incredibly hyper, choosing to run when he can walk and do where he can think. Such a philosophy is(most of the time) bad for an academic setting however, so Medin tries his hardest to be patient. As a result, his general disposition is that of a spring wound a bit too tight and on the verge of bursting. He prefers the "poofiness" of overlarge clothing, claiming that it reminds him of rolling around in the clean laundry(a favorite pastime of his as a small child).

Bio/background: A half-blood whose witch mother is of no great notoriety(which means I'll name his parents sometime at a later date), Medin's home life was pretty standard. His father knew of his mother's ability and in Medin it was encouraged to flourish, within reason. His natural predilection for action clashed with the need to keep his abilities secret, and the twitching, nervous personality he subsequently developed helped in part to earn him a nickname, "Rabbit." The other reason for the title is because Medin was always rushing about, throwing himself into things with abandon and then just as quickly running off to do something else. More often than not, he was rushing to help a friend of his with something, and was generally well-liked. However keeping his energy bottled up so much sometimes led to behavioral outbursts, and though his parents and teachers recognized he was a good kid he also became known as a natural disaster that would occasionally leave naught but huge messes in his wake.

When the acceptance letter came our dear Rabbit was so excited he packed that very instant, and as we speak he is awaiting the new school year with the bit of sadness at saying goodbye to his muggle friends for the summer lost in a mighty sea of excitement.

Valkarma
06-18-2009, 10:42 AM
Name:
Jace Beleren

House:
Slytherin

Year:

Appearance:
http://i382.photobucket.com/albums/oo269/kiezuna-naruto02/akatsuki/hidan%20kakuzu/1238676271413953.png
Jace is about 6' 1'' tall and enjoys the fact he is taller then other people he knows. Jace has short grey hair that he claims is caused naturally. He also has deep purple eyes that don't seem to have any brightness to them. Added to this he is always seen with a grin on his face, one that rarely disappears unless someone annoys him or makes him angry. His build is just above average but his height makes him look about the average. He normally has long finger nails that he doesn't cut down. He paints them purple.

Jace also has a very prominent scar that runs across his throat. Due to his pale skin it shows quite clearly. He received it in an almost fatal attack he had as a child. It has never fully healed due it being moved about while he talks or moves his head. He doesn't seem to bother if it bleeds at times.

He hates to wear the school uniform and when ever he gets the first chance removes it. When he doesn't wear it he instead chooses to wear a more open robe that is black with a purple in lining. He has the Slytherin house badge stitched onto the back of the robe. He wears the robe with his chest showing. On his chest normally hangs his family emblem, a Triangle inside a circle, attached to a chain.

Personality:
Jace is fiercely proud of his family, a trait that seems to run through them all. Anyone who insults his family often finds themselves lunged upon straight away and his anger is quick to boil even when people hint at an insult to his family. For this reason people find to safe not to mention anything about them near him. From them he has inherited a hatred for anyone who isn't a pure-blood and a cruelty to match it. He also has distaste for half breeds of any kind.

Jace is also very intelligent, as well as charismatic when he wants to be. He has a great talent for anything magical. He finds studies boring because he can answer most of it easy. This has lead to his lazy attitude when it came to classes and made him arrogant to others. He is often described as 'The most talented delinquent'. Not showing up for classes and sometimes refusing to wear school uniform, yet passing any exams given and acing any tests. He will only put full effort into something he thinks will challenge him.

Bio/background:
Jace was born and raised in England. His family was a very proud and powerful family, The Beleren's. Everything to them was tradition and family. Since a young age he has grown up with magic and forceful parents. Competing with two other brothers much older then him, his childhood had a poor outlook. His Father and Mother, John and Teysa, would never accept second best. Being lucky to be born with talent his parents were kind to him though. His life style however caused him to grow up thinking himself better then anyone else.

This illusion was shattered when he was 12 years old. After returning from school for the first time he had filled with too much confidence. He had been getting prefect grades and was accepted into Slytherin, a house all his family had been in. He had gain respect from classmates and fear from others; he had even earned the family wand, one only passed down to the one's it felt were worthy. Things were as he wanted. But one day, when outside, he was ambushed and attacked by muggle thugs seeking someone to pick on. They beat him and stole his money, but as he tried to fight back they threatened him. Refusing to believe he could be beat by them they ended up almost fatally wounding him with an attack to the throat. He was saved by his father and his wound healed before it began serious. It changed his life.

However where it should have brought him back down to earth and made him realise his own weakness it instead made him angrier at non-purebloods. He cradled this hatred and it grew as years went on. He has a reputation within Slytherin, and even the school, as someone who openly speaks about his hatred for any one not a pureblood. Though he sometime speaks of ridding the world of them because it is just words nothing can really be done about it. Only if he started to act would something be done. Teachers watch him for these reasons.

Jace's wand is a unique wand passed down family members. It was his fathers until one day it refused to work for him. It was then realised that one of his children must have been ready for it and they were instructed to compete for it. Jace won and it was handed to him. It is a 10 inch long, Willow wand, with a Thestral hair. The only details on it are that it has been passed down the Beleren family line since anyone can remember.

Faceless111
06-18-2009, 11:10 AM
Sanosuke - approved
Valkarma - there's just one detail I have a problem with. All students must wear appropriate school attire in Hogwarts. There are times when your character will have a more casual attire, but school robes are a must. Otherwise, interesting character and approved once you fix that.

Valkarma
06-18-2009, 11:17 AM
Editted my character as you asked.

Faceless111
06-18-2009, 11:43 AM
Looks good. Approved all over the face.

Fionn Mac
06-18-2009, 11:45 AM
Name: Finn Fianna

Year: 7/Head Boy

Appearance: With short dark hair spiked slightly in the front and well kept side burns to boot, a height just under 6ft and a strong build, Finn's appearance gives him the proper gentleman and scholar look as well as someone who'd be a very effective Quidditch Beater. However, his kind brown eyes and gentle features make him easily approachable and giving him that overall friendly vibe. His subtle Irish accent coupled with flecks of his acquired American "sound" further adds to his charming combination.
He can almost always be seen wearing his freshly pressed and tidy Hufflepuff wear, showing that is house can indeed be classy.
When school garb is not required Finn usually opts for an equally tidy dress coat and dress shirt combo.

Personality: Finn's approachable appearance also reflects his personality. His respect for education and hard work, make him an ideal student to have in any class. While his sense of humor and kindness make him an ideal friend as well. He is somehow able to keep a level of aloofness about him that keeps him from becoming too focused on school. His level of wit, intelligence propel him in his studies and goings on about Hogwarts as well as creating him quite a reputation. If not for his dislike of heated competition or his easy going style, he would probably find himself a perfect fit as a Ravenclaw. Nonetheless he is quite content with the values of loyalty and friendship being the basis of his assigned house and though its near impossible to get him anything past annoyed, Finn is not without the occassion disliking of certain choice individuals...nor does he expect everyone to like him as well, though its hard not to.

Bio/background: A half-blood wizard, His mother a talented former Hogwarts student and a former Gringotts worker and His father a muggle. While he was born in Ireland and lived there for the majority of his life, having an American father meant many trips and visits to the United States. Finn has taken every opportunity to make his well accomplished pure-blood side proud. Keeping his mother's maiden name to keep the family wizardry going Finn does not reject his muggle side, rather he embraces it by spending the majority of his time in the United States where his parents now reside. However when school nears and is in session he prefers to stay with his grandmother in Ireland when he is able to.

Finn's greatest drive comes from his admiration for his pure-blood grandparents. His grandfather Shamus Fianna was a former Auror who helped contain many dark wizards during his employment. His grandmother, a former Ministry official is his greatest inspiration.
After his grandfather's passing due to illness, Finn decided to spend a lot of his free time at his grandmother's large estate to keep her company.
He receives many letters and packages from his grandmother throughout the year, all of which are delivered by his aged brown owl Sidney.

Finn excels in herbology and defensive arts, much like his grandmother. He has also become rather adept in Ancient Runes, thanks impart to his studying under his grandmother outside of the school year and first aid due to Madam Pomfrey's lessons as well as courses he took in the muggle world. Entering his last year he hopes to continue towards his career goal of becoming an Auror like his grandfather, who had also been a Hufflepuff student rather similar to himself.
He was also a Beater for the Hufflepuff quidditch team his first few years at Hogwarts, however moved to one of the Chasers once the Madison twins arrived and filled his former position for a team style change. In any case he is still talented using his strong frame to create match up problems for opposing teams.

His wand is one of twisted blackthorn infused with a lock of Dryad hair, around 11in in length. It was formerly his grandfather's.

i_say_sabotage
06-18-2009, 11:46 AM
Name: Mallory Coppershaw

Appearance: Mallory has flaming red hair which she always keeps in a messy ponytail (usually). Teachers around Hogwarts have tried to douse it with potions and spells to keep the color subdued (because it gets too much attention), but it just stays the ever eye-catchy red.

She is somewhat thin and short, 5'2 in height, a bit pixie-ish, with green eyes and freckles. She changes her look almost all the time, using fake glasses, wigs, and disguises to play pranks on her school mates and faculty.

Personality: Mallory prides herself in being a prankster. She's a huge fan of the Weasley twins, and in fact, works over their joke shop on certain holidays. She is never serious about anything and you never know what she's going to do next. One thing is for sure though, it's ought to be as outrageous as her hair.

She has gotten into quite a lot of scrapes with the faculty, particularly with Mr. Longbottom who she just loves to play pranks on her spare time. Although curiously, Mallory's grades are top-notch, teachers dismiss it as another cheating spell she sneaked out on them. She is one of the sources of the faculty's annoyance, and that might be why the Prefect title gracing her fiery head, was vehemently opposed.

Despite her raucous nature, she is very friendly and popular around the school. Most of the time, students ask her for favors that include something that will break the rules. Prefects are often told to keep an extra eye on her. She is a Beater for the Gryffindor team and she loves the Bludger.

She is a sucker for challenges, surprises and dares and won't ever hesitate going on an adventure, just as long as it includes danger, rule-breaking, or doing something weird.

Bio/background: Mallory came from a poor wizarding family but was quite happy the way she was. She has worked on many various odd jobs to help her family. When her admission to Hogwarts came when she was 11, she decided not to accept, for she knew going into Hogwarts would make her parents worry about her welfare. There was also that topic about school supplies, travel fare and other things that she knew would be a problem. Mallory, in an attempt to be gallant, tried to convince herself that she can live without it. She secretly yearned to study in Hogwarts, but being the bold idealistic girl she was, she thought it better to not bother her parents about it.

One day, she found her parents crying in their living room, and a tall, pale stranger clad in black was with them. They told her that she was being adopted to one of her uncles, Oliver Thornclaw, who was willing to pay for her school fees in Hogwarts. She must leave her family and live with her uncle in a huge dreary castle near Diagon Alley. All she would need and want will be provided for her, just as long as she stay with her uncle who was "sick".

It turns out, her uncle recognized her talents in wizardry and struck up a deal with her parents. Oliver wanted to make her his apprentice as an Auror. Mallory is extremely against it, because she thinks "apprentice" is such a serious word and would interfere in her prank-making. She often does the exact same opposite of the rules and what her strict uncle particularly tells her not to do. Nevertheless, she cares for her uncle a lot.

Mallory's Wand is ten inches Ebony, supple, with Unicorn Hair core.

++

Oh, btw, I've only read books 1-5, so pardon me if i get lost or something. I'll try to catch up! ><

++

[EDIT] >< i just happened to read Marudashi's characters and the twins likes pranks too... I hope Hogwarts is ready for a more pranksters ><

i_say_sabotage
06-18-2009, 11:53 AM
Uh... Another double post because of my screwy connection.. (I swear im not doing this on purpose) huhu

Princely Dreaming Doll
06-18-2009, 03:13 PM
Sparkly Perriwinkle: Denied. Make the following changes and you will be approved:
*Give Morpheal a last name
*Give us a better description of your character, ie height, build, and some extra details.
*Flesh out his personality a bit more. I like where you're going and want more detail.
*Go ahead and add a paragraph on his psychic abilities to his bio. Be specific about how developed his abilities are. If it doesn't seem too GodModish, I'll allow it.

All right edited it. I hope it is all right now.

Capernicus
06-18-2009, 03:41 PM
Fionn Mac: Accepted. Glad to see Finn will be joining Alexis and Nathan.

i_say_sabotage: Your character, while well written, bothers me. I can't really see Hogwarts staff holding back a student with such talent, nor can I see McGonagall denying a student admission merely because she couldn't afford it. Therefore, you will either need to change Mallory's year or age. Since she works in the Weasely's Wizarding Wheezes in her spare time, I reccommend that it is her year that you change. Denied for the time being.

Sparkly Perriwinkle: Approved. Welcome aboard.

Yugure's Goddess
06-19-2009, 12:06 AM
Name: Thusia Acrux

Year: 6th

Appearance: See attachment.

She has a very thin frame but it is very good for athleticism and agility. She is considered to be amongst the most attractive girls in school, based mostly on the shape of her face and her mysterious attitude. She has high cheekbones against a thin, pointed face, with sleek, slate black hair and light green eyes. When not in school, she wears loose, somewhat revealing clothing, with bits of techy muggle influence.

Personality: She is a strange girl. To most, she seems to carry an air of superiority. She exerts a kind of mesmerizing power over others, in the way she weaves her words, and the way she interacts with those around her. Seduction, trickery, control and power are the pillars of everything that she values and are the main vessels through which she gets what she wants. However, this is not to be confused with narcissism. If she gets what she wants, it's good enough for her. However, she does make sure to keep a relatively sexy and suggestive tone about her, constantly, as this tends to help her in her endeavors. In general, she tends towards general kindness towards others, but many in the school have learned and know that she's bad news and this behavior serves only as a mask, disguising her true intentions. Upperclassmen in other houses tend to understand that it's best to just avoid interacting with her. Well... most of them, anyway.

However, this only begins to scratch the surface of the inner workings of Thusia's mind. Ideally, everything mentioned above simply suggests that she is controlling and self-obsessed. If only it were that simple. Unknown to her peers: she has gory, decrepit and deeply disturbing dreams on a nightly basis and will often have thoughts of murdering her fellow students. She is bothered constantly by a whispering in her ear (however, she can distinguish the whispers from the speech of other people), and she tends to become incredibly, sickening, obsessively engrossed and enraptured with certain persons or objects, although usually from a distance. She, however, is very good at keeping these kinds of thoughts and behaviors to herself.

She is not the kind to get angry easily. It takes a lot to escalate her into a rage but when she becomes infuriated, well... Let's just say "hell hath no fury," and leave it at that. Things that make her angry: completely ignoring her allure, belligerence, rude behavior to an extreme level and attacking that which she adores (whatever she happens to be obsessed with, which can change often).

She has a keen interest in the mechanical workings of the muggle world's technology, also...

Bio/background: Since childhood her parents had seen her as odd. She was the black sheep of the family, constantly excluding herself from happy gatherings, and, when she was little, she generally refused to interact with others, which puzzled nearly everyone, as her family was widely-renowned throughout the magical community as a family of happy and outgoing witches and wizards. As she grew older, it became more and more evident that she disliked the presence of others and that there was something wrong with her mind. She seemed sickened in the presence of some family members, and was very independent. It seemed to others that Thusia hated her family, which might not have been too far off from the truth.

When she was about eight or nine, odd things started happening to her and her family. At eight her mother was murdered by one of Voldemort's followers. It was less than a year later that her father had married himself once more... to a muggle. While she's never really had any feelings in regards to muggles, she felt it shameful to have their pure-blood family tainted by her step-mother, Beth. For a long time she sat in seclusion as her father loved this strange new woman. She hated every moment of it; however it was this time that she began to develop an interest in mechanics and technology in the muggle world.

Eventually, her father began to speak of alienating themselves from the wizarding world. She then found that she hated both of them. Almost as soon as these notion came to life her parents died in freak accidents that both the muggle and wizarding worlds have accepted them as freak accidents. However, the events surrounding their deaths are still somewhat hazy. Her step mother lost control of her vehicle and veered into an oncoming semi in traffic, while, later, her father's wand, in some still unclear circumstances had a spell from his wand backfire, which knocked him dead, instantly.

She, only 10, was taken in by another large wizarding family, which she remained with, still in quiet seclusion, and to which she returns every summer. She is content with the family as all members are pure-blood and generally leave her well alone. Soon she went off to Hogwarts, and has found her life quite tolerable between Hogwarts and home.

In her years at Hogwarts, Thusia has grown an attraction to Jace, or rather a silent obsession. She considers him worthy of her worship, and in her own time, she wishes for him to be hers, although she does not share his strong feelings against half-bloods and muggle-born.

Thusia's wand is much like a conductor's stick and she uses it like one when speaking (usually when angry), as well, which tends to frighten people, especially first years and underclassmen. It is 10 1/4", very thin, swishy, made of willow and has a core of dragon heart string.

=\ Up for judgement...

love
dani
dude

Faceless111
06-19-2009, 12:16 AM
Yugure's Goddess: approved, excellent character.

Capernicus
06-19-2009, 12:22 AM
Yugure's Goddess: 2 things:
1) I'm a little uncomfortable with her mother being murdered by one of Voldemort's followers, but as long as it remains of little influence that's fine.
2) In the wizarding world, most muggle electronics do not work properly. There's just something about having all the magic around. If you want these items to be merely decoration, that's fine. Just remember this.
Thusia is approved.

Edit: Damn you Faceless, posting before me! *shakes fist!*

i_say_sabotage
06-19-2009, 08:40 AM
i_say_sabotage: Your character, while well written, bothers me. I can't really see Hogwarts staff holding back a student with such talent, nor can I see McGonagall denying a student admission merely because she couldn't afford it. Therefore, you will either need to change Mallory's year or age. Since she works in the Weasely's Wizarding Wheezes in her spare time, I reccommend that it is her year that you change. Denied for the time being.

Edited as requested, GM-san! ^^ You're right, it's a bit unheard of that a poor student get denied to Hogwarts.. Although I was thinking more along the lines of paying for the school robes, school books, wands... etc. But it's up and fixed ^^

Capernicus
06-19-2009, 03:49 PM
i_say_sabotage: Approved straight away.

I'm very excited about the caliber of writers this RP has attracted. =D I'm not a huge RPer and am rather knew to the whole thing, so forgive me if I'm a really picky and idealistic GM. In any case, I won't be starting the RP right away. I'm going to give you all a fair amount of time to mentally get used to and develop your characters. Also, I'll start the OOC thread on Monday so we can bounce ideas off of each other. More info to come later.

And btw, WE NEED MORE FIRST YEARS. I strongly suggest I get some more going. D=

Faceless111
06-19-2009, 05:04 PM
Remember, folks, we're encouraging the creation of second characters to provide balance between years and houses. Try to diversify and create according to other player's characters. Let's achieve equilibrium, yeah?

~Shobu~
06-20-2009, 01:21 AM
OOC: Time to whip out the old characters (Although I did change Al's bio a little). ^_^ I'm happy that your trying to revive this.

Name: Raine Henriette Prue Fumwood

Year: 4

Appearance: 25294

She tends to wear her hair in two low pig-tails. On occasions she braids it but it's rare to see her hair down.

Her casual clothes consists of tanks tops, thin jackets, and jeans with heals or flip-flops.

Personality: Though she is revered by many in her house, Raine is not aware of it. But that does not mean she is not vain. Raine does not have any friends other than Alphonse because of her lack of social ability and her knack of disregarding people on the spot without even bothering to get to know them (It's a wonder that she and Al are friends). She has a tendency to comment on almost everything she disapproves of or think she knows about.

Regardless of how vain she is, Raine has a guilty conscience. She can demean others to a certain extent but not to the point of tears. She is not afraid to defend those who are being harassed by her fellow house mates, though she doesn't do it in a way that would make it seem like she is trying to ward them away. All in all, she's not afraid of much but insects.

She's very easily flustered and tends to lose her composure a bit when she become so. Most of the time she's brutally honest with you, but knows when to lie and doens't have a problem doing it, unless it's lying to Alphonse.

Bio/background: Raine was born into an aristocrat family of course. Her mother and father were always working but they had their maid take care of Raine while they were out. Being raised by both sides of the boat, kind and cruel (her parents being the cruel ones), Raine grew a conscience while keeping that aristocratic air about her.

Her parents were there when she received her invitation for Hogwarts. Raine was not unaware of her bloodline though she never thought about it until her 11th birthday. Her family lived among the muggles. Her mother and father did not exactly enjoy it but they lived wealthy and thought it was the best way to see exactly why muggles were inferior to magical beings. Raine scoffed at them but nothing more.

When Raine turned 13, her parents left for Japan on a big project (they were very well-known architects after all). Since then, Raine has been returning home to an empty mansion, what with Angelica visiting her dying mother all the time and what not.

With this loneliness came curiosity. She searched her house for anything that could feed her thirst for knowledge and found several notes in her mother and father's handwriting. All of which seemed to be in German (her parents studied German for 15 years). Raine did notice that one name kept popping up in the notes though: Nero Deorc. She could find nothing else on the strange name but she was not going to give up. Her curiosity outwitted her common sense it seemed.

In all the three years she had been at Hogwarts, she was endlessly amazed. Though what really impressed her were the strange creatures and the library. Her fascination with these creatures led her to become very close with Rubeus Hagrid, strangely enough. In her free time if she is not in the library or reading in the common rooms, then she is visiting Hagrid. Her main goal is to become prefect or at least somehow gain access to the restricted area of the library without anyone knowing.

Name: Alphonse Schule (sh-oo-luh) [also goes by Al]

Year: 6

Appearance: Alphonse's hair is long with many, many obvious layers. It is a chestnut color and very well-kept. His hair is loose when he is not in school, working, or reading. If he is seen with his hair up then he is busy with something. His skin is smooth and light sandy tan. His icy-blue eyes are large, bright, and full of life. A semi-large button nose is the center piece of his face above full pale pink lips. He is 5'7" and has a lithe figure that is very toned (stronger than he looks).

Personality: A fun-loving character with no worries about anything, or so he seems. He is passionate about everything he puts his mind to. His light-hearted disposition and wit makes him someone who is very easy to get along with, even if you are slytherin. He enjoys talking and sweets. Very determined, courageous and a rather prideful. Doesn't back down from a logical fight and definitely does not take well to harassment. Very out-spoken, not shy at all.

Bio/background: Al grew up in Dusseldorf, Germany, a city which was highly industrial. Al's parents were wealthy stock brokers up until he turned 9. His parents became bankrupt for more than one reason. For a year they were living in the worst conditions. But mysteriously, his father had become a big executive of some corporation. His parents were hiding something from him but being 10, Al didn't really think much of it. The following month after that miraculous occurrence, they moved to London, England so his father could expand and move ahead in his business.

Being muggles, they were not aware of Alphonse's magical ability which he was suspected to have gained from his great grandmother. So when the first letter from Hogwarts was sent, they were worried that they were being pranked. But after they sat down and talked about it, his mother did recall her grandmother's crazy stories of magic and what not.

Alphonse attended his 1st year at Hogwarts, and though he was a very energetic and easily distracted child he was very bright and became quite well-known though-out the houses. When he returned home from his 3rd year at Hogwarts, he had found out why his father had so suddenly came upon so much money.

Al was not picked up by his parents at the train station. Instead he was greeted by two men in black suits who looked very intimidating. He was asked to follow them to his parents' whereabouts and surely enough it was at the corporate building his father was in charge of. It seemed that his parents had gained money through illegal means and due to the lack of people purchasing the merchandise from his company, his parents could not pay the money they had borrowed: six hundred thousand American dollars.

It turned out that his father met this man, Mr. Reeds, through game of pool back in Dusseldorf and they began to talk. This was before they had gone bankrupt. The man had promised his father if he needed help with anything he could just call. Mr. Reeds gave him his number and his father became desperate and now they are in debt to the man. Alphonse has had to work many jobs to help his parents pay the debt off and still does; it’s basically what he does during the summer when students are out of school.

In his 6 years of attending Hogwarts, he has befriended Raine, a very strange pair of friends. People who know them well are used to seeing the Slytherin girl lounging in the Gryffindor tower and the Gyffindor boy hanging around in the Slytherin tower as well. He is also a Quidditch player. His position on the team is the beater.

i_say_sabotage
06-20-2009, 02:39 AM
My second character ^^

++

Name: Lee Rouwinstone Lassiter

House: To be sorted

Year: 1st year

Appearance: Has very black messy hair and blue eyes. His skin is pale. Lee can be seen smiling all the time (and I mean all-the-time), making everyone think he's a bit weird. He is a bit sloppy in his dressing, no matter what he does, things always seem out of place with him. If his socks don't match, it would be his robe inside out. He is a bit taller than his peers but he slouches, making him look short.

Personality: Lee is a very imaginative boy, a daydreamer that seems happy being detached with the real world. He is a happy-go-lucky character, a tad gullible and clumsy, but can be very enthusiastic about everything concerning the magic world.

He is an astute optimist.

Bio/background: Lee is a half-wizard, half-Muggle, with his mother being a far relative of the Trelawney family. Lee never knew he had wizard blood, since being a Seer placed her mother in a state of paranoia. She decided to migrate to the Muggle world to protect her son from the perils of being a wizard.

Lee is inquisitive and curious. He grew up as a normal boy interested in fiction, magic, and fantasy. It was met with great opposition from his mother, who would forbid him to read books about it, watch movies or even play games. Nevertheless, his interest in them never quenched.

Lee likes making up stories that he imagines would happen, like that one time he decided his homeroom teacher would enter the room with blue hair. That day, his homeroom teacher found out he brought a hair-coloring gel that was not black but blue, and was too late to tell the difference. If this happened BECAUSE Lee thought about it, or Lee thought about it BECAUSE it happened, we may never know.

His mother threw a fit when the Hogwarts letter came one day, but knowing too well to oppose this development, she finally revealed to Lee that he was indeed a wizard. His mother gave him an incantated quill (she instructed him to write everything that was going on when he's in Hogwarts, and whatever he writes will be written down on his mother's notebook in the Muggle world), a remembrall (because Lee tend to be clumsy and forgetful), and a small necklace charm that would track his whereabouts anywhere he went. (paranoid mom he has, hasn't he?)

Lee excitedly accepted the gifts, not fully understanding what they were, but they were MAGIC and he adores them. He is particularly fond of the remembrall.

He is off to start his new school-year as a Wizard in Hogwarts and he's so happy the family's pet dog grew four more tails.

~Shobu~
06-20-2009, 02:51 AM
Aww sabatoge, your character sounds so cute! Wish my little brother was that cute!

i_say_sabotage
06-20-2009, 02:57 AM
Aww sabatoge, your character sounds so cute! Wish my little brother was that cute!

Thanks Shobu! You know, if Lee grows up, he'd probably be like Alphonse. He'd probably look up to him hehehe

Capernicus
06-20-2009, 04:03 AM
^_______^ Yay~

Shobu Shimizu: Ultra approved! It will be just awesome so have some of the old crew back.

i_say_sabotage: Awesome, love the character. Very cute and well thought out. Approved.

~Shobu~
06-20-2009, 03:15 PM
Thanks Shobu! You know, if Lee grows up, he'd probably be like Alphonse. He'd probably look up to him hehehe

Heck, I'd take him as a surogate little brother. My own is... meh... sometimes (though I love him anyways). XD

^_______^ Yay~

Shobu Shimizu: Ultra approved! It will be just awesome so have some of the old crew back.

i_say_sabotage: Awesome, love the character. Very cute and well thought out. Approved.

Yaay!

I'm so excited for this rp!

As for your characters Buruku, I remember an Alexis but did you have the other one in the previous rp? Just wondering.

Luka Megurine
06-20-2009, 04:07 PM
Name: Calantha Fae Chryses

Appearance: Has very long black hair and red eyes. Her skin is fair. Calantha is an Animagus so when she does transform she becomes an wolf. She stands at about 6'0 and weighs about 130 pounds. She is never seen smiling. Her face is usually in a neutral look or a depressed look. Her clothes usually are how they are supposed to be.

Personality: Calantha is the quiet type. She really never smiles or cries or anything (no do not think emo!). She never actually shows her emotions at all but that doesnt cause her to learn any less. She is very intelligent and is a bright child but many people dont talk to her or care to sit next the her because of that.

Bio/background: Calantha was born a muggle in Athens, Greece but moved to America when she was too young to remember. Her mother and father were international business workers causing them to move alot. Finally after a while, her parents settled down in Key West, Florida and were rich enough to pay for the house.

Soon after this, Calantha was given a letter from Hogwarts. At first her parents were hesistant on letting her go but after a while they let her. The next few years for her were full of a truly different learning experience that she never had learned before.

(Sucks doesnt it)

~Shobu~
06-20-2009, 04:54 PM
I realized we don't have many first year females so I'm going to post her later, but I have to draw her first. None of the pictures online had what I wanted her to look like. I might draw Alphonse while I'm at it too.

Faceless111
06-20-2009, 06:59 PM
AkiraRayneRyuu: Denied. Don't be discouraged though. You merely need to add more depth to your character. Your writing style is, unfortunately, lacking in the qualities we want to see in our players. And there are some inconsistencies that need to be addressed. Firstly, being an Animagus is no easy feat. Your character would need registration from the Ministry for it to be legal, or (unrealistically even in Harry Potter terms) be an unregistered Animagus. I can easily foresee the problems this may cause down the line. Secondly, her bio is insufficient. It seems very poorly put together. And how is she a witch if magic isn't in her bloodline? Moreover, it's unlikely that American students would attend Hogwarts, as it is a British school, unless she's a transfer student which would need to be included in her bio. America has a school like Hogwarts located in Salem (go figure). You might try tying that into her background.

This RPG requires a strong grasp of literary concepts and writing prowess. Your character sheet seems too 2-D, you know what I mean? Take a look at others' characters and, if further reference is required, you can check out the old version of this RPG. If you have any history in creative writing, this would be a huge plus. Write out your character again, but pretend you're writing a character that belongs in a novel.

Luka Megurine
06-20-2009, 09:02 PM
Ok I think Im just gonna give up since there is no way I can do what you guys are looking for. So Im just gonna say thanks for trying to help me but I decline from the Rpg. Sorry.
Bye

~Shobu~
06-20-2009, 10:36 PM
Name: Juliet Beatrix Callaway (goes by Jubie pronounced Joo-bee)

House: to be sorted

Year: 1

Appearance: 25313 (The inking job got messed up and I vut Al out because he looked weird. Don't mock me >.<)
-Colors-
Hair= Dark chocolate brown
Eyes= Greyish blue
Skin= Light peach-looking
Teeth= White?
Clothes will vary...

Personality: The type of girl who's only active when it comes to doing what she likes, otherwise she's rather lazy. She is obsessed with playing video games, watching anime, and action films. She's very odd; for example, she could be tired one moment then be dancing the next. Her stomach is like a bottomless pit, seeing how she loves to eat and never gains weight. Exercise is definitely not her forte, but somehow she's naturally athletic. As much as a gamer she is she tends to think realistically, which clashes with her being a witch. But whatever she can't explain (or doesn't feel like explaining) she merely states that "It's magic". Her good mood goes away when she sees injustice (whatever she may consider injustice anyways) and she can become rather fiesty. She also smarter than she tends to act. She also hates people calling her by her real name)

Bio/background: Jubie was never in peril of losing her house or her family or anything of those sorts. Her family was not abussive, extremely strict, distant, etc. She actually had a happy and lenient family. Her father works day in and out as an artist. He doesn't have his own little work station. Anywhere in the house he gets inspired then that's where he will create. Her mother takes care of her twin siblings, Romeo and Tibalt (her parents are Shakespeare fanatics), who she calls Rome and Tibi, while working an internet job that brings in a good amount of money. Her parents never worry about anything, it seems. They are always happy and allow Jubie to do what she pleases as long as she gets home by eleven at night alive and somewhat unscathed. Curfew at 11 and family time on weekends are the only real rules in their house.

Jubie's mother, father, and herself are pure blood magical beings, but they love muggles, hence why they live in the muggle world. Almost all of their relatives shun them because of that love for muggles (her family has a history of Slytherins), but they don't care. They go on with life.

Valkarma
06-21-2009, 09:14 AM
Name:
Karl Narsee (known as K)

House:
TBA

Year:

Appearance:
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg176/watermellonfuzz/Anime/meow.jpg
Karl is small even for his age. His size makes him almost disappear in a crowd and allows him to hide nearly anywhere he wants. He has unnatural green hair and eyes that is a result of a potion accident as a child. His eyes seem to always look scared at whatever they are looking at and when he is scared they begin to water as if to cry. He doesn't ever have a smile on his face and it makes him seem depressed all the time.

Karl often wears light clothing and shorts regardless of the weather. He has fair skin that is sensitive to sunlight. He is always seen carrying a wooden puppet with him. Its head is made from a cloth with straw stuffed in it. It has a smile stitched onto his face and sharp wooden fingers. Its' body is also hollow and contains a core of Dragon heart string. The puppet is almost half his size and he hugs it like a teddy bear. It's normally slung over one shoulder as he walks. Karl is never against using his limited magic to defend his puppet.

Personality:
Karl is almost a mute never speaking more then a few words at any one time and sometimes speaking nothing. His voice when he does speak is quiet and soft, like a whisper. He is very reclusive and prefers to spend time alone with his puppet and no one else. It is unknown if he even thinks much, as his face is hard to read. When asked his name he normally just says K, which led to his nickname.

There is no other way to describe him then a secluded, quiet boy who doesn't speak much and doesn't seem to try and make friends, but wants to just be alone with his puppet. His nature and appearance makes him hard to approach and he is picked on because of it.

Bio/background:
Both of Karl's parents were pureblood wizards, and are unspeakable’s working for the Ministry of Magic within the Department of Mysteries. Because of this they are almost never at home and Karl doesn't see them except once a year. He doesn't know what they do there and he is too young to remember when they began to work there. Karl is raised by his grandfather who looks after him at their home outside of London. It's unknown if Karl even sees his parents as parents anymore because it's so hard to tell what he thinks off.

Karl's grandfather knew Karl was a quiet boy and he use to entertain him with tricks of magic. Karl was fascinated with it and his eyes would always been open and wide when he watched his grandfather. His grandfather would make little toys dance about for him and would make things change colour to entertain Karl. One day his grandfather made a potion to turn Karl’s' pet rabbit green to amuse him. However Karl also got at the potion and it turned his hair and eyes green because of it. However finding Karl smiling for once at the new colour his grandfather left it alone. It was one of the only times Karl had smiled. Karl also developed a liking for one of his grandfather’s puppets.

One day his grandfather walked in to find Karl playing with the puppet and making it move with magic. His grandfather as so proud of him and when his letter for Hogwarts came he gave him the puppet as a present. His Grandfather explained that the puppets core was the same as a wand and that Karl could cast magic though it. Knowing this would make Karl only more reclusive, he then resolved to try and make Karl more social. This didn't work as he was struck down with an illness and now spent most of his time in bed asleep. When he was awake Karl would sit by the bed and make the puppet dance for his grandfather. The puppet now never leaves Karl’s side.

With his grandfather around he doesn't get caught by the Trace for using his magic underaged despite how much he does. However his grandfather secretly worries about him at times since his ability to control inanimate objects is strong and it's without a median. He worries he may try to do the same to people and end up casting the unforgivable curse, Imperius Curse, without knowing. Also his lack of talking means he is poor with other spells. His grandfather has made him promise to try and make friends.
Karl doesn't have a wand but cast magic through his puppet. It has a core of Dragon Heartstring and is made from a tough oak.

(OOC: I hope this is ok as I heard that you don't have to just use a wand as a way of casting magic and that some other objects can do.)

Capernicus
06-21-2009, 03:21 PM
Shobu Shimizu: Approved. Your drawing is spectacular though! And no, Reginal is new to this RP since we've done away with Sin.

Valkarma: Approved. Your character is wonderful and well developed, however not without some snags. Being so recluse, I wonder how much he'll be able to contribute to the RP. I guess we'll have to wait and see on that one. Also, not sure where K's grandfather got this puppet, but I like it. Finally, the Trace only detects locations of magic (as revealed in...one of the books), not casters. So in houses with both overage and underage wizards, the Ministry relies on parents to enforce the rule. You may want to include these details. Regardless, welcome aboard!

Valkarma
06-21-2009, 03:44 PM
Valkarma: Approved. Your character is wonderful and well developed, however not without some snags. Being so recluse, I wonder how much he'll be able to contribute to the RP. I guess we'll have to wait and see on that one. Also, not sure where K's grandfather got this puppet, but I like it. Finally, the Trace only detects locations of magic (as revealed in...one of the books), not casters. So in houses with both overage and underage wizards, the Ministry relies on parents to enforce the rule. You may want to include these details. Regardless, welcome aboard!

I'm hoping that he will find someone to 'latch to' like he had latched to his puppet and grandfather or for someone to want to become his friend. I do plan on making him contribute but still be a mysterious pupil.

As for the puppet I have some idea for it's background but nothing confirmed. If you want we can discuss it through PM's.

I editted it about the trace for you.

I was also wondering. Who picks the houses for the 1st years?
Will you or faceless do it?
Or will we be able to pick?

Capernicus
06-21-2009, 03:51 PM
As for the puppet I have some idea for it's background but nothing confirmed. If you want we can discuss it through PM's.

If you would like to somehow tie the puppet to Deorc (which I would love), then you should pm me to discuss.

I was also wondering. Who picks the houses for the 1st years?
Will you or faceless do it?
Or will we be able to pick?
You will. I will mark the beginning of the sorting, and you will need to pay attention. Just make sure to wait your turn! In the OOC thread, I'll post the order of those being sorted (alphabetical) for reference.

Princely Dreaming Doll
06-21-2009, 04:10 PM
Name:

First name: Kamau

Last name: Wicker

Year: 5th

Appearance: Kamau wears a charming smile and wears the black robes with the Hufflepuff colors of black and yellow. He has a very warming aura about him and he tends to be very happy. He's very handsome and has short blond hair and wonderful green eyes. He is fair skin, but looks very peaky. He's thin and short as well standing around 5'2".

Personality: Kamau has always been a strong hearted person. He is said to have a lions heart because of his general all kindness. He is very friendly and very calm. He has a high set of morals, but doesn't pressure people into them. He tends to be very low key. He notices how the other houses see Hufflepuff as one with loafers and duffer students. And he feels since he has been placed in Hufflepuff he should show how well Hufflepuffs nature is.
There seems to be a negative nature though with Kamau at times he seems secretive about certain things. Despite being taught with fear and hate. Kamau found himself enjoying life and even dreaming about getting into Hogwarts. He thought he could be the first to think of a cure. His favorite classes are herbology and potions.

Bio/background: Kamau was raised in an orphanage he doesn't know who his parents are nor does he know any of his blood relatives. He at a young age had been raised with the idea that he was not only an orphan whom would never get to touch site of the hogwarts school, but taught with the idea that he is just some monsterous beast. He lives in the basement of the orphanage, all though allowed to come out that his is his room. The caretaker never found him deservant of being with the other children. Especially when it came to the time of the month where the moon was full. The caretaker found it much safer for him to be in the basement rather then a room because at least then she can lock the door for every night that comes. He sleeps there purely out of the fear of others.
He was given to the orphanage when he was just two years old. His parents feared him after he gotten bitten by a werewolf during a nighttime firework display picnic festival.
When he was accepted into Hogwarts they went over to him about the special conditions he was under. He uses the same route another werewolf child used a long time ago. Under the whomping willow, down into the odd shack, refurbished for his use.

The reason the orphanage keeps Kamau is because the elderly caretaker whom has passed on begged the new main caretaker to keep the child. The elderly lady felt sympathy for the child. The elderly lady had no clue that they would treat him as if he were a big reliability.

Parent History: Kamau knows none of this. His mother and father were a wizard. His father passed on when Kamau was 1 years old. But his mother was going out with someone who wasn't his father when he was 2 years old. In a way he could have been a new father. They were at a wizard festival called the Magical Bones Festival[made that up] where the harvest was celebrated. No one had planned for the attack on the festival. Several children had been snatched away by werewolves, but Kamau's mother's boyfriend grabbed the child from the daycare not realizing he was bitten. The night his mother found out she gave the orphanage the child. The elder caretaker was Kamau's own grandmother though he was never told that nor knows that.

Faceless111
06-21-2009, 04:55 PM
Pandemic Doll: Denied for the time being due to some inconsistencies. Firstly, your name. Despite being an orphan, your character would still have a last name. An easy fix. Secondly, lengthen your bio. It should include everything about your character's past, at least the important stuff. Why/how did he become an orphan? Why is he kept in the basement? I think you mean to make him a werewolf. Include the special treatment he needs for that disease. Also, be aware, you'd be under strict observation by myself and Buruku, as being a werewolf hints at god-moding.

Fix yourself and you'll be good to go.

Princely Dreaming Doll
06-21-2009, 05:12 PM
Pandemic Doll: Denied for the time being due to some inconsistencies. Firstly, your name. Despite being an orphan, your character would still have a last name. An easy fix. Secondly, lengthen your bio. It should include everything about your character's past, at least the important stuff. Why/how did he become an orphan? Why is he kept in the basement? I think you mean to make him a werewolf. Include the special treatment he needs for that disease. Also, be aware, you'd be under strict observation by myself and Buruku, as being a werewolf hints at god-moding.

Fix yourself and you'll be good to go.

I edited it.

Capernicus
06-22-2009, 02:58 AM
Pandemic Doll: I'm still unhappy with your character. While you did add more detail, there are still many holes.
*So your character is not really an orphan, is that correct? He was just given to the orphanage due to the dangers? How is that any safer? And if he isn't an orphan, is he aware of this? You hinted at it but it should be explicitly stated.
*I really can't see an orphanage who so obviously sees Kamau as a great burden keeping him around. As far as I know, there are no laws that require orphanages to take on such a danger. He would be better off at St. Mungos. However, you may keep him at the orphanage if you provide some history on the changes to law that I would imagine Kinsley Shacklebolt (new Minister of Magic) put in place. Be specific!
*His parents were watching a firework display when he got bit? So are they wizards or muggles? I'm a bit confused. Even though these parents are not in the picture, I want some details about them.

I realize that not all of this was pointed out the first time. So, I will bend the rules for you and give you one more chance. I think it will be interesting to see how a werewolf will do in the RP, and I hope I haven't put you off from playing. You'll have to excuse me, I'm much less kind than my Co-GM.

Princely Dreaming Doll
06-22-2009, 03:19 PM
Pandemic Doll: I'm still unhappy with your character. While you did add more detail, there are still many holes.
*So your character is not really an orphan, is that correct? He was just given to the orphanage due to the dangers? How is that any safer? And if he isn't an orphan, is he aware of this? You hinted at it but it should be explicitly stated.
*I really can't see an orphanage who so obviously sees Kamau as a great burden keeping him around. As far as I know, there are no laws that require orphanages to take on such a danger. He would be better off at St. Mungos. However, you may keep him at the orphanage if you provide some history on the changes to law that I would imagine Kinsley Shacklebolt (new Minister of Magic) put in place. Be specific!
*His parents were watching a firework display when he got bit? So are they wizards or muggles? I'm a bit confused. Even though these parents are not in the picture, I want some details about them.

I realize that not all of this was pointed out the first time. So, I will bend the rules for you and give you one more chance. I think it will be interesting to see how a werewolf will do in the RP, and I hope I haven't put you off from playing. You'll have to excuse me, I'm much less kind than my Co-GM.

I edited it again. The ministry doesn't really know he's at the orphanage. The elderly lady told them not to tell. They were at a wizards festival.
An orphan is an animal that has been abandoned by its mother. He was abandoned therefore an orphan.
I edited, so I hope it's okay. I was hoping to fill in your questions during the story not the profile. As he found out a little more.

Capernicus
06-22-2009, 06:15 PM
Pandemic Doll: Approved. Welcome.

rikumi
06-23-2009, 04:01 AM
Name: Kastureine(Kahs-ter-rin) Blodwalter; Kas or Blood

Year: 5

Appearance:
Looks like this: http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u198/mirtrx/Manga/scan0011-1.jpg
He is a well-built young boy, standing about 5'8" and around 132 lbs. He has black hair, which is a sign of inheritance from his Asian mother, but towards the end(the back of his hair), it is white. His eyes are purplish in colour, with pointy edges which are never more suitable for shooting glances. To match his eyes, his eyebrows are slightly thicker than an average's, and overall, including his nose and lips, he has a face that made him a good-looking adolescent. However, his appearance seems to have made him more strict-looking and older(mature) than others in comparison.

Personality:
He seems a tad too weird for the others of his age, as he is alone most of time and always mumble under his breath. However, he is a kind person and never really denies any favor assigned to him. Although being responsible, he really does feel annoyed when people rely too much on him. But he never mentions it.

He is not easily provoked and stays calm under most of the circumstances, which is a trait that makes him a fine leader. But, the only thing he will not tolerate about is when people try to insult his family.

Even though he seems pretty cool, he has several secrets that will show that he is a bit girly: 1. Likes to sew and do house chores, 2. Likes cute stuffed toys, 3. Likes little children.

Bio/Background:
His family is of low status and his elder brother, Elkeshaw(Al-cash-haw) died at age 23 of pressure as he had a weak body but was a prodigy of Dark Magic. Rumours spread that he is the founder of some undeniably strong spells and was involved in a mysterious conspiracy distributing illegal potions. The rumoured occured when Kas was 12, the public denied his family and his father was insulted badly for having a son like Elkeshaw.

Kastureine's father, who he lived with before enrolling into Hogwarts, became a blacksmith in London after losing his wife(who died of sickness when Kas was 8). He is a ...somewhat a little considerate but my-own-rules-in-the-highway type of man, but sometimes he is too dense, even to realize his son's involvement in any parts of the society. His father used to slack off now and then, leaving some remaining work to his son. (This explains why Kas is such a responsible boy.) His father's family background is never mentioned clearly, and even though for 12 years, Kastureine never had a clue about what his father did before settling in London with his mother.

Kastureine himself likes creating art, drawing, designing and is a prodigy of classic arts. He did not inherit any of his talents or traits from his parents(he thinks), and everything he has is hard-earned by sweat and blood, including his best-selling masterpieces and the regained honour of his family. He was slightly interested in dark magics when his brother died, but never went further because he knew it was never for the greater good.

Kastureine's 10" wand was made be his father by inserting some unknown precious stones into it. It looks like normal wood, but it glows dimly in the dark. On the end of the curved side of the wand, there is a carved wording: Love, Sylvie. Kas is often seen without a wand, because he does most of the minor spells using the neck-brace magic generator that belonged to his brother.

suzumi
06-23-2009, 11:15 AM
I didn't get the chance to join last time so I'm really happy you guys are doing this again. ^^

Name: Nanneri Bourdon

Year: 5

Appearance: (see attachment) Nanneri has forest green eyes, and is small and petite. Standing at a mere 4'5. She is naturally very pale, and the fact that she gets sick often doesn't help. She likes to wear long dresses when she isn't wearing her school robes. And they are usually dark earthy colors, like black or brown or green. She also wears a silver pendant with the initials "A.R." engraved into it. She is also very graceful in whatever she does.

Personality: From the view of a stranger, Nanneri is cold and distant. Or otherwise, just plain old bored. She rarely shows any emotion, unless she's with her boyfriend Alex. And even then, it's barely recognisable. But it's not that she doesn't feel anything, she just never quite learned how to express herself.

On the inside, Nanneri is very kind and gentle. She has an avid love for plants, animals, and music. She is also very mature for her age. She's a good student, usually at the top of her year. So despite the lack of emotion she is generally liked by the teachers. She's a personal favorite of Professer Slughorn because of her overall beauty and grace, but she doesn't really care for all the attention he gives her.

Bio/background: Nanneri is half human, half wood nymph (thus the grace and beauty). Her father, Anthony, met her mother, Aria, on his travels (he works for Gringotts), and despite the fact that he was already married he fell in love with her. And Nanneri was the result. He returned to England a couple of months later, not knowing that Aria was pregnant. As they had decided that it was best that they return to their normal lives. But two years later, a young nymph turned up on the Bourdon's doorstep with a young baby in her arms.

It turned out that Aria had died giving birth to Nanneri, and her dying wish was for Nanneri to be raised by her father. Athony took Nanneri in despite his wife's protests. And even though he later had a child with his wife, Nanneri remains his favorite child.

Nanneri's stepmother Elizabeth (a very pro pure-blood witch), on the other hand, absolutely despises her (something that Nanneri understands). And when her father would go away on business (which is often) she would abuse Nanneri horribly. Nanneri never tells her father about that, though. She figures that he undergoes enough stress already, and she doesn't want to be the cause of any more. Eliazabeth is also jealous of Nanneri's beauty and the fact that Anthony loves Nanneri more than he loves her. So Nanneri was pretty happy when the letter from Hogwarts came.

In her 3rd year at Hogwarts she fell in love with a 5th year boy from Slytherin named Alexander William Rothschild. Soon she found that he had (somewhat) mutual feelings towards her, and they started dating. She loves him more than life itself.

Nanneri's wand is 12 inches and is made of willow with a Phoenix feather as the core. She particularly excels in Charms and Potions. She owns a pure white cat named Hel.

- - -

Name: Alexander William Rothschild

Appearance: Alex has light brown hair and shockingly blue eyes. He's tall and extremely handsome. He's got a slim, yet athletic build. When not in his school robes, he likes to wear sweaters and slacks, giving him a very prepy look, but it suits him.

Personality: Calm, quiet, cool-minded, polite, charming, and incredibly intelligent. He seems to accomplish everything with the greatest of ease. He's very popular amongst his fellow students and teachers alike.

But in reality he is cruel and sadistic. And he'll take every measure to get what he wants. He has a tendency to look down on people. He also has a very strong obsession for Nanneri. But he refuses to believe it's love, as he doesn't believe in love.

Bio/background: Alex was born and raised in Austria as the only son of William and Margaret Rothschild. The Rothschilds consider their blood to be the purest of all Wizarding families, and they will do everything in their power to "keep the bloodline clean".

The Rothschilds were also arguably one of the richest of the Wizarding families, and Alex always had everything he ever wanted. But being the socialites they were, his parents often neglected him. Thinking that he would be happy as long as he had everything they could ever hope for. Whether or not this was responsible for Alex's current hidden sadistic side, nobody knows.

During his 5th year at Hogwarts, he began to take notice to a 3rd year from Ravenclaw. He found himself getting more and more obsessed with her. And one day he just walked up to her and said, "You belong to me, right?" To which she simply nodded. They've been dating ever since.

Alex's wand is 11 inches and is made from pine with a Dragon Heartstring as the core. His favorite subjects are Potions and Transfiguration. He also plays the position of Seeker on the Slytheren Quidditch team. And he is a Slytherin prefect.

Is that okay? If you want me to fix anything tell me. ^^

Faceless111
06-23-2009, 12:19 PM
suzumi: approved on both accounts

Capernicus
06-23-2009, 06:05 PM
Faceless, you forgot one!

Dark Chocolate: Approved, hi ho!

suzumi
06-27-2009, 12:10 PM
Oh, bleh. I had an idea for her character, but now I've lost it. >_<

And I don't know if I have the time to be playing three characters now anyway. =P

Capernicus
06-27-2009, 04:42 PM
Suzumi: Denied. I need moar detail woman. The appearance probably meets bare minimum, but I want to see some more added to her personality and bio.

Edit: Also, how is Shannon using her late father's wand if her father was a muggle? lol

Nespa
06-29-2009, 03:16 AM
withdrawn

Capernicus
06-29-2009, 03:24 AM
Nespa: Denied. Read my post THOROUGHLY. I should really not have to point out the many flaws, but I will point out those I see without really reading it.
*Age and year discrepancy
*Appearance only consists of a picture, no description
*Personality is not acceptable, it's two words!

I will not bend the rules. Fix yourself and post again to let me know, and if I deny you again then that's it.

Lady Earth
06-30-2009, 05:21 PM
Ohm...this is my bio if I need to change something let me know. I'll try to find a pic.

Name:Starlight

Parents:Albus Dumbledore and Minerva McGonagall;
Adoptive parents Reina and Andrew Fanell

Race: Elemental

Powers:Controls the elements, telepathic, wings,
invisibility, shape shifting, Animagus

House Belonging to: None

Bio:Although she is the daughter of the two most powerful
Wizards in the Magical world (Albus and Minerva), Starlight
was raised by muggle parents. She never knew that she was
adopted. She lived a normal human life, if you can call
it that with her powers. Her adoptive father was an ex-military
general while her adoptive mother was a teacher at the Emerald
academy for Elementals; which Starlight attended. She lived in
America until three months ago when her family moved to London
due to Starlight becoming a famous singer. One night after
dinner their house was attacked by Death eaters and her
adoptive parents Killed. Severus Snape had been keeping
an eye on the house and was able to save her but not
without some wounds. Later she is taken to Hogwarts where she
learns about her true past and who she really is. Her parents
Albus and Minerva are more than happy to have their child back.
Starlight is just getting to get used to the idea of who her
parents are when someone tries to attack the school. She know
has to find the Crystals before the Death Eaters do. She most
also find a way to become the Earth Empress before it is
too late.

Appearance:

Hair Color: Black with blood red at the bottom half which is
arranged in an odango style resembling Sailor Moon’s but in
the shape of stars and with red ribbon in it. Her hair is so
long its way past her knees.

Eye Color: right eye blue resembling the oceans and skies of Earth,
left eye green representing the forests and living beings on Earth

Body Description: Tall and slender, with and angelic face that seems
to hold the key to all questions of time and life. Her skin is pearled
and gives of the feeling that she is more part of the universe than of
the human world.

Faceless111
06-30-2009, 06:38 PM
Lady Earth: Denied. By the way, Albus Dumbledore was homosexual and sired no children. Read the first post again, and read very carefully, then try again. The rules clearly state the parameters for character creation. Look at some other character sheets for further reference. If you are denied again, you will not be allowed to submit another character sheet. You have one more try, that's it.

Faceless111
07-01-2009, 04:51 PM
Double post, I know, but I see no way around it.

Third character!

Name: Amy Moon

Appearance: (see attachment) Despite being a metamorphmagus, her appearance doesn't alter much. She has asian features and is quiet attractive. Her skin is silky smooth without a single blemish to foul up the illusion of perfection. Her hair is short and messy, a sort of tomboyish style, and kept black (her natural hair color). Her eyes are big and brown, but seem to have a dull appearance, reflecting an apathetic view on life. Her frame is that of a petite, slender girl. She stands at 5'3".

Personality: Amy inwardly holds contempt for the world. She has grown bitter and cynical, but maintains an exterior disposition of indifference. She is articulated and intelligent, but cold and calculating. While her capability of cruelty is well hidden and rarely exercised, her apathy is apparent as she earned the title "Ice Queen" among her peers.

Bio/background: The Moon family is a pureblood family that hails from Beijing, China, though the move to London was before Joseph and Amy's birth. Amy was born with a twin, Joseph. They are Dizygotic twins (fraternal, non-identical) and developed British accents as they grew up in London but also learned to speak their native language fluently. The family commands high respect and is almost pompously proud.

Amy and Joseph were as close as siblings could get. They were best friends or worst enemies, but could never be separated regardless. Metamorphmagi have been in the family bloodline traceable back to BCE, supposedly, but skipping every few generations. Amy was the only one birthed in the immediately family with this ability, sparking jealousy but enormous amounts of entertainment for her brother. She spent hours each day shifting from one form to the next, making her brother laugh with delight.

She grew up to be sweet and charming, as much as a girl could be. It wasn't until the twins' ninth birthday that everything changed for the worst. Her father, for the longest time, held a special interest in collecting powerful or significant items. It wasn't surprising that he had in his collection various personal items of Deorc's, including a few lost journal entries and a comb belonging to Penelope, Deorc's lover. Late in the night, their house was seiged by several dark wizards cloaked in red and with metallic masks, each with a varying but equally menacing design. His parents staved off the attackers, but not before the house was ablaze by dark magic and the possessions of Deorc went missing. Overwhelmed, Joseph was killed before Amy's eyes while he was trying to protect her. The dark magic left burns on Amy, but she survived and was treated at St. Mungo's Hospital. She however never recovered emotionally.

Since then, Amy became reclusive. After being stablized, she attended her brother's funeral. As the coffin was lowered, Amy shed her share of tears, though her bandages that wrapped almost her entire body, hid her face. She felt as if she had died instead of her brother. She took particularly to reading history of dark wizards, namely Deorc and the mention of his Relic. Revenge and want for the Relic to resurrect her sibling consumed her, though her motive is her secret. She moves in concealment and keeps many secrets, dark desires, and cynicism. Not even her parents are prevvy to her true intentions.

When she was enrolled into Hogwarts, it was discussed in length that she needed special treatment. Her mother plead on her behalf, her father filled with shame and guilt had since never spoken to Amy. The Headmistress, having sympathy for her, placed a charm on her to protect Amy.The staff is aware of her past and likewise are very discreet about her treatment. The class body knows very little about her, except that she is sorted into Ravenclaw and maintained excellent scores in all subjects, rivaling Nathan for top student of their year.

SSDynamite
07-07-2009, 02:50 PM
Name: Francis Hill (can be shortened by friends to Fran, Franny, Frankie etc)

House: to be decided

Year: 1st year

Appearance: Francis is ordinary in her build, around 5' and slender, with no out of the ordinary proportions. She has shoulder-length brown hair which is thick, but relatively straight. Overall she is rather plain, but on further inspection her face can be found to be constantly showing emotion. The slight upturn of the corners of her mouth reflect her happy-go-lucky attitude towards life, which can also been seen in her round, brown eyes.

Personality: Francis is like most 11 year old girls, on the cusp of maturity. Calm most of the time, but when faced with the subject of boys she turns into a blushing mess and shows her clumsy side. She is rather intelligent, she can easily pick up information as long as it is interesting. Francis has the tendency to throw herself into something and then gradually lose interest as it becomes more and more mundane, which means that she is easily bored. She is shy in front of unfamiliar people, but once she is used to a situation or person she becomes more comfortable, allowing her to be more laid back and placid. She is not easily provoked or angered and lets the small things go. Though first impressions do have a large impact on her opinions of people. She tends to hold private grudges towards people, meaning that they may not know why she seems to dislike them several weeks after their offense. She has a strong sense of right and wrong, not allowing herself to do anything she would later regret- no matter how fun or interesting it might seem at the time.

Bio/background: Francis is born from two muggles in the North West of England and was raised in the city of Manchester. Her knowledge and experience of magic prior to the letter from Hogwarts was restricted to the low-key occurrences around her home, though a link between these and herself was not made until the envelope came through her post box. Her parents' initial reaction to the news was 'deny everything' and claimed it was nothing but a prank. Upon receiving further notices from Hogwarts her parents finally gave in and agreed to let Francis attend. At first, Francis was as skeptical as her parents, but soon enough the excitement kicked in and the idea of her new life at Hogwarts became her latest fascination.

Capernicus
07-07-2009, 03:35 PM
Faceless: approved, you ambitious bugger.

SSDynamite: approve. =D

Hollow Ichigo
07-08-2009, 01:31 PM
Well Well. It's bacc. I supoose I'll join again. Missed everyone tho.

Name: Micheal Maxwell

House: Gryfinndor, perfect, if allowed

Appearance: Combed brown hair with a slight red flare at the tips. he stands at 6'1 with no real physical figures that set him apart from others. However he is phhysically stronger then most, seeing as he is a seeker. He normally wears the normal school uniform. His hazel eyes make the girls go "OH MICHEAL.You so FINE!!!!!!!!!!" Only making him blush, and carry on.

On the real however Micheal is quite dark. His pride was what got him into Gryfinndor, but his heart is as dark as darkness itself. He studies the dark arts in secret. Having used a forbidden curse many many years ago on his own father. He hopes to become the strongest, and most powerful dark wizard to have lived.

He is so kind, and such a great acter that no one in his whole years at school have noticed the dark aura behind his eyes. Piercing thrugh them all as he stands alone in his ambitions.

Personality: Cruel, dark, and sadistic. He doesnt care for life, and death, only power, and what he can do to abtain it. However there are those that would call him dark for such thoughts so his amazing acting skills come into play. He can appear to be the kind, and gentlest man in all the world. Yet his bloodlust, and dark ambitions feed hisdreams, and goals. he acts nice, and caring around all, but to himself he is digusted with them all. Mud-bloods mainly.

Bio/background: Micheal was the man. His parents were famous wizards, and his bloodline is of the purest. However he thought of none of that. From an early agew Micheal's skills were above average. At 7 he mastered spells which were well beyond his age group. At 10 he killed his father with the most forbidden of spells. This was during the time of the war. he mother was also lost inA that war. both were called M.I.A. Micheal then moved in with the Maxwell family. His last name changed, and sent to hogwarts. Micheal came in as the new guy. Girls liked him, and guys became his friends. Some called him out in duels only to be thrown back. However Micheal himself always hated one person above all. Finn. Something about him made Micheal want to kill him right then and there.

Thoughout there years Micheal, and Finn had a sort of rivilry. mainly started by Micheal himself. Finn had beaten him a few times, and the same back towards him. Both were equal in terms of there record. However micheal always felt that Finn was holding back. just as he had always held back. not killing him. Micheal wouldn't use any forbidden spell while at Hogwarts. Even the walls seemed to speaks out every acion made by the students.

Capernicus
07-08-2009, 03:42 PM
Hollow Ichigo: I like the concept of your character, I never much liked that all the bad guys came from Slytherin. Make's them so obvious. However, he isn't believable to me, you know? Being proud is not a Gryffindor trait, it's a Slytherin trait. Gryffindor's value daring, nerve and chivalry.* I'm sure bravery can easily be worked into this character sheet, and that would be enough to send him to Gryffindor. Or, one of the other qualities would also work. I just need him to be a little more believable, then he will be approved. Denied for the time being.

*http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Gryffindor

suzumi
07-08-2009, 03:52 PM
Peter Pettigrew was in Gryffindor. =P

Capernicus
07-08-2009, 03:54 PM
Peter Pettigrew was in Gryffindor. =P
Yes, but Rowling made the book, she can make all sorts of ridiculous things happen and no one bats an eye. Pettigrrew was in there because he had the recklessness that the Gryffindors were famous for, after all he became an illegal animagus and wandered around with a werewolf!

suzumi
07-08-2009, 04:17 PM
Yes, but Rowling made the book, she can make all sorts of ridiculous things happen and no one bats an eye. Pettigrrew was in there because he had the recklessness that the Gryffindors were famous for, after all he became an illegal animagus and wandered around with a werewolf!

You said that all the bad guys were from Slytherin, but there were a few people who were bad who were from other houses. =P

'Twas a joke.

Fionn Mac
07-08-2009, 07:07 PM
Thoughout there years Micheal, and Finn had a sort of rivilry. mainly started by Micheal himself. Finn had beaten him a few times, and the same back towards him. Both were equal in terms of there record. However micheal always felt that Finn was holding back. just as he had always held back. not killing him.

While it's not a major problem I can't really see Finn acknowledging a rivalry with anyone outside of a Qudditch context as he really doesn't care for competition. And I'm guessing the "beaten him" pertains to the dueling club or something as once again being the squeaky clean student that he is, Finn wouldn't really accept a challenge to something that was against the rules...geez he's rather a stick in the mud it would seem.

Besides that I have no problem with the way the generalization of their connection as it is a rather interesting scenario, playing off the fact that not everyone would like good ol' Finny. But since I can't approve or disapprove of a character submission slight changes made in lieu of my minor grievance are at the behest of the gm and poster.

Capernicus
07-08-2009, 07:19 PM
While it's not a major problem I can't really see Finn acknowledging a rivalry with anyone outside of a Qudditch context as he really doesn't care for competition. And I'm guessing the "beaten him" pertains to the dueling club or something as once again being the squeaky clean student that he is, Finn wouldn't really accept a challenge to something that was against the rules...geez he's rather a stick in the mud it would seem.

Besides that I have no problem with the way the generalization of their connection as it is a rather interesting scenario, playing off the fact that not everyone would like good ol' Finny. But since I can't approve or disapprove of a character submission slight changes made in lieu of my minor grievance are at the behest of the gm and poster.
Yeah, what he said. Try to be a bit more specific about his and Finn's rivalry, taking into account Finn Fianna's traits. :3

Hollow Ichigo
07-09-2009, 01:37 AM
Name: Micheal Morrenton
House: Gryfinndor, perfect

Appearance: Normally appears as the "good boy" or the "brave one". Micheal stands at a slight 6 foot one. having long arms, and legs. His toso itslef is long yet it gives his body a certain lean when he walks that makes him seem confident. His brown hait is combed back at all time, and his clothes, and appearance is overall clean. he speaks with a proper yet pushy tone. being a leader and all. He can normally be found in the school uniform or a few sweaters, and want not. The odd thing about his appeaance is the shade of his eyes. The purple in them piercing through the very souls of those he stares at.

Personality: The hero of the story. Always in the nick of time. Coming in when the time is right, and saving the day. Saving the girl, and one uping anyone he can. he is cocky yes yet he is humble, and content not boosting about his wins, and want not.He however hates to lose, and will win at any cost.

On the flip side however micheal is cruel, and dark. not really caring about those around him. His facual, and mastery of emotions allows him to trick even the strongest of senses. being enough to fool the sorting hat into placing him into Gryfinndor. In reality that micheal didn't much care. he is smart, and cunning, manipulative, and sadistic. He lusts for power,and is brave enough to face what trouble may come in his way on his search.

Bio: Nothing really to tell other then the fact that Micheal was born a pure-blood. Coming from a very rich, and powerful wizarding family. His mother, and father being two very powerful wizards, and there parents as well. However as his family worked with the lihgt of things, fighting in the war, and all that, Micheal was drawn in by thedestruction, and pain caused to so many. he wanted that power. he craved it. He would have it.

During his youth, and after the wa Micheal began his training under his father. He learned quickly, and soon began to teach himself. he passion was in the destrutive arts blast whatever came his way. Soon however that destructive envy came in form in a book. it was in his family's attic. On it was a lock. A powerful one. Only something important could be this guarded. Micheal used a spells from his grandmother to break it. he tore thruogh the pages. Dark wizards, and those deemed evil were plaster across the whole of it. Spells, and secrets revieled to his eyes. His crooked smile was glued to his face his jaws began to lock. He had found his true calling.

Years go on, and Micheal grew older. Attending Hogwarts where he became the seeker of Gryfinndor. He enjoyed it truthfully. He also became an active member of the dueling club. In these two places Micheals Rival came to be. his name was Finn, and he was quite talented. He was quick, and smart. Micheal instantly hated him. So when placed against him Micheal never held back. There first duel micheal was about to force him back with a few well placed spells. he won. The next time Finn came with a silent, and poetic vengence. Crushing micheal before he even had the chance to think. It made Micheals heart flutter with excitement. He only laughed, and took that lose. What micheal called there Rivalry seemed to expand into Qudditch. Which micheal himself loved. He himself had set Finn up for failure. Having manipulated the game so where Finn was always on the backside of someone flight path. Finn never really missed a beat, and had even turned the tides on micheal. Causing him to lose a match. It hurt but Micheal won at dueling club the next day.

If Micheal had someone to really worry about discovering his plans. it would be Finn.

Capernicus
07-09-2009, 06:32 AM
Hollow Ichigo: Approved. Welcome back!

Yugure's Goddess
07-11-2009, 09:36 PM
I have two characters to add into the mix, if they are alright.

Name: Marcelle Ankaa

House: TBS

Appearance: Attachment #1

Even though she has a very thin frame, a lot of Marcelle’s weight is distributed below the waist, giving her curvy hips. She’s always sporting a spunky hairdo. Her favorite is cut in a cute kind of bob style, that is a deep, velvety, violet-red. She has bright aqua blue eyes, and likes to wear a lot of silver and dabble in her own cute, cool, and quirky fashion statements.

Personality: Marcelle is a very cute, lively and infectious person to be around. While outwardly shy around strangers, she is quick to open up to others with her kind, upbeat and bubbly personality. She jumps at the chance to help others, and even though she is often tempted to be withdrawn because of her shyness, it is easy for her to warm up to people and be lighthearted with them. With her friends, she likes to be the life of the party, cracking silly jokes and poking fun at those she loves. She is very sarcastic and ironical and likes to flaunt herself just for a good laugh. While she can be joking and lighthearted, she is very well behaved and studious in a classroom environment, although she has been known to grow an affinity with her teachers and get on joking terms with them, as well.

However happy-go-lucky she appears in public, Marcelle is actually very self-conscious and has a kind of mild Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. Though she doesn’t let others see, insults really hit Marcelle hard and she tends to spend a lot of her private time tearing herself down and trying to figure out how to make herself a better person. She can often be seen arranging and rearranging her things until they are just perfect.

She has a knack for reading other people, but does not use this in the same way that, say, Thusia would. She likes to analyze people and figure out why they are the way they are, more in an attempt to empathize with them and/or forgive them for transgressions, than anything else.

Bio/background: Marcelle’s father abandoned her shortly after she was born, so her mother, Lyra, raised Marcelle and her older half-sister, Alexandra, almost completely on her own. As a result, they’ve always been kind of hard-up for money. They moved around a lot and Marcelle’s mother tried to settle down a few times with a husband and actually married twice. For a while, things were good, as the new man in their life had a secure income, and, in spite of the fact that he hated kids, he welcomed the two girls into his life without much fuss. However, it soon became evident that not everything was okay in their relationship with this man. Some fights with Marcells mother became very physical, and they finally left him, when it became evident that he was abusive to the two girls, and another new man had given Lyra the courage to leave. They’ve lived with this new man ever since and their lives have steadily gotten better.

When Marcelle received the letter from Hogwarts, needless to say, her and her entire family were more than shocked. After managing to overcome some deep-rooted skepticism, they were all excited to see her off to an education in this new world or hers.

Marcelle's wand is 12 in., apple, and springy with unicorn hair core. She was very tempted to adopt a toad, but her parents insisted that she keep in touch while she was away at Hogwarts, so she got a screech owl, Zeus.

Name: Leo Ophiuchus

House: TBS

Appearance: Attachment #2

To most people, Leo would appear frail and easily overcome but he is actually surprisingly strong. He has long black hair, strangely red eyes and on his forehead, he has a scar in the shape of his family crest, which he claims is a birthmark that all members of his family share. He is tall and a little lanky but, otherwise, not particularly strange in appearance.

Personality: Leo is a bit of a misanthrope. He has a deeply, deeply rooted love for nature and this love has moved him to be rather distasteful of humans, in general and a rather outspoken vegetarian and animals right’s activist. He truly believes that humans are the scourge of the earth. He is generally an introvert and does not greatly like interacting with others. However, he is not completely secluded. He has been known to open up to others that he feels comfortable with, which is quite a difficult thing to accomplish.

Leo tends to see the worst in people, straight off. He’s rather judgmental and sees people as “generally all the same with some slight variances in facial features.” He keeps his distance until he is sure some one can be trusted. He’s a champion of holding grudges, but is extremely loyal to his friends.

He has no particular difference in feeling between pure-bloods and muggle-borns. However, he feels that muggles tend to be a bit more destructive of the natural world, so he is a bit more keen to dislike those of muggle origins. He likes indulging in the outdoors more than anything else and tends to bug his friends about his opinions about the world around him. While his friends accept him, love him, and some even agree with him, they tend to get a tad annoyed with him over things like this because he gets more agitated than most would and/or should. He is always up for a good game of chess, and loves having intimate conversations with his friends.

Bio/background: Leo’s family has never been dirt poor, but they have certainly never lived too richly. He has enjoyed modest living with his family in the countryside of England. He always enjoyed, as a kid, hiking, camping, and exploring the woods. He has always had an affinity with nature, and although his family is one of the true, old, wizarding families, they are not outright muggle-haters. They don’t care for them and are rather uptight, but they never thought of joining Voldemort’s movement against those with muggle blood. Leo, is actually a little spoiled, being the only child in his family. However, when going to school in his youth, he had many bad experiences in befriending others. He tended to feel like he could trust those of poor character who, eventually, used and wronged him, which likely contributed greatly to his distaste for people. He has had a lifelong dream to pursue a career in the study ancient magical beasts.

He has always had a tough time excelling in school, so he is, as a result, also extremely studious.

Leo's wand is 8 1/2 in., Oak and very sturdy with a dragon heartstring core. He has a tawny owl, Autumn.

Thank you.

love
dani
dude

Opinionated
07-12-2009, 12:03 AM
Name: Marc Harrold

Year: 3

Appearance: Marc is on the short side and stocky in build, making him seem shorter. His brown hair curls around his head in an unkempt mass, and he’s in a constant struggle to keep it kind of neat. His dark brown eyes seem almost black in most light. He always wears at least his left-hand flight glove and his flying goggles around his neck or in his pocket.

Personality: Marc is a flyer, first and foremost. He cares more about flying than his studies, to his teacher’s annoyance. But aside from that, he is an excellent student who doesn’t do much by way of pranks and skipping class. He’s also bad with names and tends to make nicknames for people, even when he knows better. He’s a complete daredevil on the pitch, rivaling the Seeker in terms of stunts pulled.

Bio/background: Marc was born and raised into a fairly normal household, no strings or secrets attached. His first two years were pretty normal, except for how he took to flying like a duck to water. Practically as soon as he walked into the school in his second year he started playing Chaser for the Hufflepuff team.

He’s got a pretty small circle of friends, despite his skill at Quidditch. He’s says skill, while he’s a damn good flier he’s a bit on the unfocused side, which can cost his team points. He’s working on it, though. Getting better.

Wand is 10 7/8th”, vinewood, phoenix feather core, springy. He’s flying on a Nimbus.

Capernicus
07-12-2009, 04:55 AM
Yugure's Goddess: Will Marcelle be flashing those panties during the RP as well? Alexis might like that (hey, she can be pansexual!) Approved. As for Leo, something irks me about him. He reads very much like a character not created in a magical setting, what with this animal rights and vegetarianism. But that's not enough for me to disapprove. Good to go on both accounts.

Opinionated: ...I'm going to approve this character with the one condition that you make sure to make strong and robust posts in the actual RP. I like everything about him, just the lack of detail makes me щ(°Д°щ)

Josun Tomoro
07-12-2009, 12:45 PM
character deleted

Capernicus
07-12-2009, 03:36 PM
Josun Tomoro: Denied. Read my first post thoroughly and try again. Also, you won't want to use that picture as another player used the exact same one for a character.

Josun Tomoro
07-12-2009, 05:17 PM
i can change the picture.(damn i liked that pic)

if the denied is for the using magic without a wand, there is a catch to it. Except the basicest of spells, anything else drains him more then it would if he used a wand. The higher in skill needed to cast, the more it drains him of energy.

If its something else, I will endeavor to find out and fix. I will be reading your first post momentarily.

Capernicus
07-17-2009, 12:27 AM
In truth, I didn't read the sheet. I just looked, saw you used only a pic for the appearance section, and you were immediately denied. That is why. Though, I would have most likely denied the part about using magic without a wand as well. See, magic does not drain the user, you are trying to make this into a different kind of setting. Try to stay within HP bounds. True to my word, you have one chance to get this right.

Flah Blah
07-18-2009, 04:17 PM
If it's all right, would it still be okay if I hop along? Though if it isn't, that's perfectly understandable as I wouldn't want to assert myself if it's beleaguering since you guys have more than already started. Still...no harm in asking, yea? yar yar yar

Name: Sophillia Courtois (sometimes Sophie)
Year: 7th

Appearance: Most would say that Sophillia has a common appearance, some would say that she's even unappealing. However delicate, would be the real perfect word to describe the fragile yet enchanting form of Sophillia nonchalantly hidden beneath long bangs and thick rimmed glasses. Her golden hair is fashioned into two long braids that somehow make such lustrous hair appear almost straw like. While her stunningly blue eyes are generally mistaken to be a dull gray under the glasses she seemingly refuses to clean. When it comes to her attire, Sophillia mostly sticks to her Slytherin garb that only emphasizes her soft yet lithe structure of a body unattractively. Though her oversized casual wear is equally ill-suited.

Personality: As Sophillia is a member of one of the older houses of the pure-blooded families, she was once a very proud creature yet kind natured. She had a sense of high morale and was once the type of girl who enjoyed picking flowers with her mother; innocent. However, now hardened from experience and regret, Sophillia proves to be of sharp wit and tongue, much like her grandfather. She can be quite cruel with her brutal honesty and yet the insecurities of a little girl remain the same under a mask of arrogance. For the most part, she is silent when among her schoolmates which is often mistaken as shyness beneath her pitiful appearance. Sophillia doesn't make much of an effort to defend herself from those who torment her. Most see her as submissive and pathetic but she maintains an air of dignity no matter how extreme the form of abuse is.

Bio/background: The Courtois family was originally of french nobility. Her grandfather of many greats was a marquis. The Courtois however were soon banished from France as the secret of their sorcery and witchcraft had been discovered. It was then that Courtois started the now world-famous broom-stick company, Balai. From there on with each generation, the head of the family would rule the company with an iron fist. Each of them tyrannical and fierce, her grandfather, Manon, being one of the more memorable dictators.

Sophillia was an only child, much worse, she was a girl...the Courtois name would be lost. Her father, Aruto much influenced by her grandfather, treated her harshly but was never cruel. She was their only heir afterall. By the age of twelve, with coaching from her father, Sophillia had learned how to run a company sternly and even over a hundred methods to get debtors to pay. Thus pleasing both father and grandfather very much. Her mother, Sylvie, loved her very much and taught her the blessings of life, how to be forgiving and generous. Her mother however passed away while Sophillia was thirteen. It was then when things took a downfall. Aruto became more obsessed with the company and refused to look at Sophillia as she was then for it reminded him too much of his beloved wife. A few years later, after her grandfather had passed away as well, Aruto felt a great remorse for his daughter and has now only recently tried to compensate with love and kindness. Though it was too late and much too extreme, Sophillia had already grown to detest him and finds his attempts of lavish and affection to be irritating. Even now, she torments her father with her dreadful guise.

Capernicus
07-18-2009, 04:30 PM
Flah Blah: Never too late! And with this, we are 30. Approved. I heard our good fellow Fionn Mac has been briefing you. Good good, I'm sure you'll do fine. Perhaps you'd like to be Head Girl as well? Just a thought.

Flah Blah
07-18-2009, 04:42 PM
Thank you, and thank heavens for Fionn Mac. Wouldn't have even known about this third run of the RPG if it weren't for him. Hopefully it'll last longer than the other two, I have much faith in you and Faceless however. Still, it's always nice to be back.

Anyway, as for Head Girl...I doubt Sophillia has the charisma for that, sorry. Wouldn't do for a girl with absolutely no influence on others (at least pretends to) to be someone with authority, if you catch my drift. Thanks for the consideration though.

Capernicus
07-18-2009, 04:49 PM
Ah, well, too bad. Anyway, you should probably mosey on over to the OOC thread and read the first post. Might be helpful to you as there is a (slightly outdated) excel sheet with our players. I'll update it after the sorting. And, it might be some good info, who knows?

Hollow Ichigo
07-20-2009, 06:41 PM
Oh did I mention that Michael is the Gryfinndor Seeker, and a question coulgd I take the position of Qudditch team leader.

Capernicus
07-20-2009, 07:50 PM
Yes, I have him down as Gryffindor Seeker, and by all means go ahead and take captain.

Capernicus
09-04-2009, 08:55 PM
This is going to be a key figure to HP: Relic of Deorc storyline, so be sure and read his bio carefully!

Name: Denvon Lynbeck (pronounced 'Line-beck')

House: Head of Ravenclaw House

Subject: Transfiguration Professor

Appearance: He is of average height for a male adult, so is rather taller than most students. His build is that of a man beginning to age who used to be in good shape (not overweight, just not ripped). He has dark, short hair that is flecked with strands of white around the sides. He dresses modestly in formal yet not fancy robes.

Background: Lynbeck attended Hogwarts some years ago and was in the house of Ravenclaw. He was a bright student and tended to excel in most subjects, especially in Transfiguration and Defense Against the Dark Arts. He was somewhat of a favorite of the teachers; Professor Flitwick, his head of house, particularly favored him, as did McGonagall for his excellent Transfiguration abilities. In his later years at Hogwarts Lynbeck was a prefect, as his tendency to be a stickler for school rules preceded him. Though, he was no Percy Weasley; he merely recognized that there was a time and a place for lightheartedness.

After Hogwarts he found a job at the Ministry in the Department of Magical Law Enforcement. His job description included researching dark spells but mostly consisted of carrying out grunt work for higher up members*. However, during Lord Voldemort's second reign of terror, his work became more valuable in an attempt to defend against Death Eaters and other dark wizards. He rose through the ranks fairly quickly, but his rise was abruptly halted as the Death Eaters found their way into positions of power. Lynebeck, who opposed Voldemort's views, became disillusioned with the Ministry. He resigned on principle, and not a moment too soon as Voldemort took power over the ministry a month later. Lynbeck went into hiding, only keeping in touch with the close friends he had made: Professor Flitwick, Professor McGonagall, and Articus Banes (see below). Upon Voldemort's defeat by Harry Potter, McGonagall, now Headmistress wrote to Lynbeck and bade him return to Hogwarts as a teacher. He accepted, wishing to return the time it had spent on teaching him.

Lynbeck is of a pure bloodline, but his family is not the proud type, so he does not look down on mudbloods or muggles. He has a younger sister who also attended Hogwarts. This has given him a big-brother type personality at times. He may become protective of certain people and wish to defend them, and he will lightheartedly tease those he is fond of.

Personality: As well as his traits as above, Lynbeck likes to keep to formalities and be as polite as the situation dictates. He is stern with his students at first - especially first years - but once they learn their place he will relax the rules slightly and allow a student-teacher bond to form. Though he doesn't like to admit it (and tries to avoid it) he favors Ravenclaw students (notably Amy Moon) over the others. He has a slight prejudice against the house of Slytherin but keeps this to himself, although he finds this harder around Slughorn, whom he thinks his obvious favoring of students is unnecessary and unfair. However, he is very fond of Professor Flitwick as their friendship from his school days still remains. He gets along with the other teachers just fine, unless they do wrong to him first.

Lynbeck tends to take a back seat on life, though when directly approached he will do what is necessary. For example, he will try to avoid arguments, but if challenged he will put his view/point forward in such a way that would end the problem as soon as possible. Though he seems docile and passive, he can be assertive when the situation calls for it. Yet, if someone else wishes to take control of the situation and not make it worse, he is more than willing to step aside.

His view on dark wizards and their magic is somewhat mixed. By no means does he support dark wizards, but he finds the realms of their magic very interesting. When researching for the ministry he became aware of some of the advantages dark magic possesses. However, he is convinced that this is purely an academic curiosity and the use of these spells and objects should be limited to expert use for defensive purposes and dire emergencies.

Other: Lynbeck is an Animagus; he transforms into a tawny owl, and his Patronus also takes this shape. He was encouraged to become an Animagus shortly after joining the Hogwarts staff by Professor McGonagall.

Due to his involvement in the ministry, Lynbeck has several contacts. He knew Articus Banes and worked with him briefly before the man became an Auror. He missed the company (this was obviously before the man became irritable as he is now), but he never aspired to be an Auror despite his abilities in Defense Against the Dark Arts.

Lynbeck spent the last three years abroad. Not much is known about this among the older (5th year and up) Hogwarts students, only that he took a leave of absence and was said to have spent time studying in Africa. He was well liked by the majority of the student body and staff alike, so his return has been greeted with shouts of delight.

His wand is made of mahogany and the core is Thestral hair; twelve inches and very springy.

*More specifically, his job was to find spells that were effective against Death Eaters' offensive and defensive measures. This involved reading up on the History of Magic, testing new spells (on a low scale) and reporting the results to higher members of the Ministry.