PDA

View Full Version : RPG: Lands Of Glyph

ELR
06-12-2009, 02:04 AM
OOC: Guidelines:
1- PG13 people, we all love staying safe with our language and other stuff.
2- If you have more than one character, make sure to place them in different colors and please use the same color for that one character.
3- NO GOD MODING PLEASE!!!
4- Those who can’t post for a while please PM me or leave a message to let me know what is going on, please.
5- Be prepared incase of an unexpected event happening like snakes coming into your camp while you are eating or something like that (will happen eventually and at any time). ^_^
6- Have fun.

And we begin:

Glyph created the lands and created his three creatures to protect the land from chaos, the dragon of dreams, the wolf of protection, the phynix of watching. He placed them in secret places to be released when the time of destruction came forth. Then he created four people who were given life to live forever, Yin, Yang, Sin, and Wick, they were announced the people of the land, the ones to lead the young livings to what they believed in. Then he created those people, the ones who would bring the land activity.

The two different types of people didn’t seem to get along very well so he placed a mountain in the middle of the land and pushed the people of sin to one side of it and the people of peace on the other. They lived in there own ways, the Land of Sin in destructive way, and the Land of Peace in a kind way.

As everything was going well, King Yin and Queen Yang felt as if they should try to get along with the people of the Land of Sin. They sent out there seven guardians to walk over and try to make a treaty with them. But as soon as they entered the people of sin attacked the guardians, all of them giving in to the way of the sin.

Lady Sin decided, after she was told about them coming over, that it was time to rightfully take over the whole land and to rule it as her own, along with Lord Wick by her side. They gathered the warriors of their land and marched over to the Land of Peace and began terrorizing the people there. The forests were harder than the towns to get the people. Finally they thought they had captured and gotten ride of all the people of the Land of Peace, but they hadn’t known of the few that were left. And they never found where King Yin and Queen Yang hide.

Glyph whispered out to his creatures, “It is time to awaken my little ones, it seems the balance of the land is coming undone. Help these weary travelers and help the land return to the way I had made it.” At this time they slowly awakened from their slumbers and went out to see the world there master had loved was now in chaos and beyond repair, they set out to go and create peace once again. The last thing their creator did was grant them was the ability to transform into a being so they could roam around looking just like those around them.

Three hundred years after the first attack, people are gathering to find the peace once again, not wanting the land to go into darkness and to die from not being able to protect that in which their king and queen had wanted, being gathered by the three creatures of the land.

The moon is up high and the snow has stopped falling. Darkness seems to have caught up with those who are hiding and the ones strong enough are being gathered. And here is where the story continues…

Rain was flying as fast as she could towards a figure that seemed to look like someone who had just escaped from the clutchs of evil, her petal dress flapping as she started slowing down from the pain of her wings flapping so hard. "Hey, get back here." She yelled out to the person who was running. "I'm here to help you."

It seemed as if he ran into the Dark Elf Forest so she landed and began resting her poor wings. She had left only a few days before from her home village that was being taken over by harpies and having others, who aren't as small as her, hiding away deeper inside of the forest for protection.

Something began laughing inside of the forest so she jumped up and began flying towards something safer in the Land of the Grief, where ever safety could be in the crazed place.

AdoQhine pierced the tiger that had been trying to kill her and several others that evening. It fell and landed on her fur bag. "I dislike how you try to harm others, I am sorry my friend." She bowed her head and placed her hand on the beast. "Please forgive me, I am only trying to help out those who are in harms way."

She pulled out the dagger that was in its side and wiped it off on the ground, the snow being disturbed by the blood smothered through it. The blood that wouldn't come off she wiped off with her skirt. "Rest in peice my dear friend." She pulled her bag out from under it and began walking towards the Sorrow forest.

Luzifer
06-12-2009, 04:10 AM
Isaiah's feet moved pedanticly, they took his wondering soul and gave it motion. The wind pulled his pitch black hair about his face like a veil and he grinned gently pushing the hair from his eyes. In the same motion, he looked towards the sky at some frail form that floated in the sky. Some pathetic little fairy, tragically trapped in a land that was all but a closed coffin to its kind.

Isaiah was moved. How beautiful it was to see the weak struggle against the strong, the building fear that swelled within them, until either their lived were snuff or they let the fear and pain loose in a brief illuminating strength. And if they survived, they bore the scar, and the strength until they were no longer weak.It was beautiful, this land of Grief. The pain and sorrow were sweet and palpable and Isaiah could feel their heart beats, the soft lilting breath of his people, his beloved.

He watched idly, wondering whether the poor creature would live or die, and knowing that either end had its beauty, its sorrows. Strength fed on strength. Even the weakest thing had at least the potential. Nothing in the world was without potential. But potential could only be brought out by the fact that said potential was but a candle in a storm, doomed to be snuffed.

janajee
06-12-2009, 07:29 AM

SEAN'S POV

I'm only here to enjoy myself.

I was placed on this planet, on this land, in this forest, on this ground, all for the sole benefit of myself. Call me selfish, and I'll ask, what's wrong with that? Why should I live for someone else, when I can live for myself? Last time I checked, I was still evil, and being evil usually means a myriads of things. Selfishness is only but a part of the package and being selfish is one of my favorite parts of being evil.

The night is beautiful, and the water flows so freely.

I use my little dagger, the only weapon I ever carry, to carve my version of abstract art on a nearby tree. I step back and admire my work. It's not something that would hang in art galleries, but I have to admit, it's pretty good. Of course that could be because I'm partial to myself.

I do tend to love myself a lot.

I sit back down at the river bank and play with the water. I notice a little rabbit that seems to be drinking from the river. A nice snow-white bunny with a fluffy little tail.

Such a cute little bunny.

I use its own shadow to freeze the little cutie on the spot. I grab it and drown the little bunny, and watch as it struggles to breathe under water. Finally when it stops moving, I lift it out and put it in my bag.

What?

I was hungry.

Valkarma
06-12-2009, 08:12 AM
Dawn was coming soon and Jace pulled his head band down over his eyes to block the incoming light. A small breeze wisked along the dusty plains and towards him. The feel of the wind against his skin never felt so different. To long he had been locked away. Too used he had gotton to a different type of wind. He wondered if he would ever get use to this one.
He leaned himself against an old tree that stood alone in the plains. Like him it was a single thing in a land too changed. Too far away from the place called, Sorrow forest, to be a part of it and too far from The dark elf forest as well. It stood alone and quiet.
"Just like me." Thought Jace. "Alone and without purpose. What are we meant to do now eh old tree?" He wondered.

He began to drift slightly to sleep but a sharp pain in his neck woke him. He lifted his head band and looked at his shoulder. A beatle had bitten into his flesh. It seemed to be having a fun time ripping at his flesh. But it was nothing to what he had felt. Nothing at all. As it bit again, the cells began to regrow. But it continued to attack his flesh. Jace wondered why such a beast had grew in this land. One that fed on living flesh with a gleeful mood. Before it bit again Jace's arm lashed out and crushed the bug against his skin. It's blood ran slowly down his shoulder and dripped onto the floor. Jace envied it's release.
"Lucky Bug." He said. "Maybe one day I'll be lucky enough."

At that moment hunger dug at Jace and he realised he could not sit down here forever. Though he could. He stood up and picked his travelling back up. He swung it over his shoulder and began to walk towards The dark elf forest. He had hope that he could find some fish there. As he walked off he looked back at the tree and smiled with a stiched mouth.
"I hope you find your place as I hope I do. May you one day be the roots of your own forest." He said to the tree. He then began walking through the plains.

----------

Yawning Lady Sin stretched her arms out upwards. The folds of cloth fell gracefully off her form and landed softly on the bed. She yawned again covering her mouth this time and wiping the sleep from her eyes. Today was a day for her, The Lord could wait for now. She slid herself out of her bed slowly. Her silk nightdress decending down her slender form. She walked over to the mirror in the bedroom and poured some water into the bowl. She washed her face and gazed at her form in the mirror
"What a beautiful queen I am." He said to herself, blowing a kiss to the reflection. She twirled herself around and after fixing herself walked over to the wardrobe. She pushed it open and gazed at it's contents.

Today felt like a day for hunting. That would mean something pratical. No more boring meetings with nobles who thought they could have there way with her or trick her. She had seen to them yesterday. No today was a day for hunting. She picked out her favorate hunting outfit. She quickly undressed and began placing on the cloths first. She sercured them and then placed the armour over them. Making sure the straps were tight she picked up the final part. The bone armour. She slid each piece on carefully to make sure it wouldn't be uncomfatable and then turned back around to the mirror. She smiled.
"Perfect." She said. "I now have a whole day to enjoy. And a whole world to enjoy it in." She made her way to balcony of the castle and looked out over her land. Sin castle was an impressive sight but nothing fun happened here. She was wanting something fun to do. And today was a day for that. She shouted down at one of the slaves in the castle yard.
"Slave. Get my horse ready. Today I travel." The slave fumbled but then bowed and ran off to get the job down. Lady Sin just smiled and walked off to the castle yard.

Tetsanosuke
06-12-2009, 10:07 AM
The awakening was powerful, indeed. Erupting from the ground in a torrent of mystical energies, fire and the mell of brimstone echoing it's way over the mountain peak. It was a grand eruption, the rebirth of consciousness into Greyheart, his wings never felt so good. All the time he was asleep it felt as though his soul floated over the lands, appearing where he felt right to look. It was his job to watch the lands from below, but now his main task was clear.

It wasn't like he didn't like his 'siblings', no, but Grey found no reason to seek them out with effort. At the very least not at this time. It had been nearly all his lifetime that he slept and communed with the planet, slept and shifted through the massacres and various other moments in the history of the land. In a way he felt the people didn't deserve the kindness of his creator, even those of peace would hold pride over being virtuous, and no human- elf or even Fairy didn't feel some sort of over baring pride at one point for having their virtues.

No one was perfect, not even himself, as he thought. But at the very least he didn't destroy his own brother and sister- which those land beings seemed to do so much of their history. Especially those in the land of Grief. Grey felt himself snorting a gentle bit as the air flew past his wings, as it was indeed the present- no matter how lost in the past the dragon could be. But to his dismay the land below, the land of sorrow as it were, was so flat and boring. Grazing animals couldn't survive well without ranchers, no matterhow pumpous and arrogant they could be. at the very least they kept such stock animals alive, before eating them. Slavery? Blasphemy? Or just the natural order, as Grey would've eaten one or two when he's hungry.

The thoughts of the past as well as the missing of food brought him to a point of overall existence in his head. A part of him felt it easier to kill them all and start a'new, but he knew the God wouldn't do that. He was too caring, which wasn't really an issue as Grey cared in some ways too. Perhaps more then he lets off. In any case the easy way wasn't always the best way, at least he supposed. It was his job to keep the balance...

By that right he saw the sight of a murky and dark- dreary forest ahead, and high tailed it over. A familiar scent was in the air, and he knew that his would be as well. Might as well decide against isolation for now, from 'her'.

His large frame shifted from the high winds back into the lower sky, as though he as swan diving directly towards the forest. In an instant his form shifted into that of a human with a well build frame, black pants and shoes with a wonderous dark blue cloak about his form to cover up his grey-silver armor pieces at his torso. One half flip lead him onto a tree branch, which reflected his moment with it's elasticity- launching him into the next tree, and so on.

Finally he set himself upon a branch at the middle length of a large tree, near the dark river within the Forestof Sorrow. He felt presences in the area, but wasn't concerned with them other then the truly familiar one. Now was the time to see if his sister's senses have stayed sharp.

Nespa
06-12-2009, 10:39 AM
Sastina moved from behind the big waterfall in the dark elven forest. she glanced around in awe. Grandpa had died recently old age and a illness he coulden't recover from. She curiously looked at some nearby bushes that did not grow in the cave when she was ready to touch one a firely flew infront of her "oooh glowing bug!" she followed the little glowing light and giggled. these bugs did not appear in the cave either nor did many of the bushes and tree's. she smiled while chasing the firely 'a whole new world to explore' not knowing that her giggling atracted unwanted atention.

i_say_sabotage
06-12-2009, 11:32 AM
Rinn sniffed the air found it stunk with too many movements. The wind was carrying too many scents.

"The Awakening? Already?" Oruru whispered from Rinn's head.

"Awakening what?" Rinn asked as she trudged along the sand trail of the Byway Desert.

The sun was hot and scorching in her skin, but it was great morning exercise, Rinn thought, for endurance.

"Oh nothing, nothing you should concern yourself with for now." Oruru stifled a laugh. "For now."

Rinn knew her godfather too well to press the matter. "Geezer wolves who think they're so smart always like cryptic messages. A given." she snorted.

"What are we doing in the Desert anyway?" Oruru inquired. "It's not like your father is anywhere here."

Rinn continued to walk, her feet slushing under piles of hot sand. "Who knows? Father always liked surprises. And besides, we're not only here for a stretch. It's almost time."

With swift movement, Rinn ceremoniously grabbed a handful of sand and placed it in her leather pouch. SHe took a sharpened blade her father left her the night before, along with her "birthday" note. She made a clean straight cut over her palm and allowed the scarlet drops to mix with the sand.

As the time struck an hour, a great rumble shook the otherwise deserted terrain. The mountains of sand shook and changed shapes, a high-pitched wail saturated their eardrums.

"Oh no, Rinn, you shouldn't."

"Yes, old mutt, I should. To start a journey, we need provisions. And what's the highest barter in the market right now are Sandshark hide."

The high-pitched wail grew louder and louder and a distant mountain of sand rose at peak.

"There she is. We got a big one." Rinn hesitated. "Bigger than I expected."

"We can still run, right?" Oruru prodded. "It hasn't seen you yet."

Rinn fastened her boots and warmed herself up through stretching her arms and legs. "You're kidding right? This is great." She ran towards the creature at great speed and leapt to begin her first attack. Oruru had no choice therefore. He was thrown in the air. A few transformations later, Oruru was now in shape of a large white hawk.

"Dear Rinn," the letter said, "Happy birthday kid. You're 18 now so that means you're a grown-up. 18 was the age I was named the best hunter in the land of peace... And you took that title from me when you were 15."

A great creature emerged from the sands, his freakish bulging eyes hunted down the source of the smell of blood. His wide jaws opened to reveal 99 sets of razor sharp teeth, his long spiked tail leveled huge rocks. He was almost ten feet in length with greyish-blue hide and a long tail.

"I have taught you well, young one. And now, it's almost time for you to shape your destiny."

As she leapt through the air, the nimble form of a young girl poised a TINY weapon on her hand, a small dagger made of Mithril, and slashed at the side of the giant creature.The dagger cut through the Sandshark's hide as if it was made of butter. Dark-blue blood sprayed out.

"But before that, a challenge, little one... A quest for your initiation to be complete."

The creature whinied in pain, furious, bloodthirsty. Oruru glided in the air and used his talons to inflict damage on the Sandsharks gigantic eyes.

"Don't hate me, daughter, but you need this. You need to find friends and allies. People you can trust besides your godfather and I. You need to see the world. You need to see Justice. You need to see Humanity at its best and worst. Only then will I give you your birthright."

The battle continued to rage and it shook the surface of the desert for a few more hours. It was a 10-foot beast versus a little girl. It hardly seemed fair.

"Hide and Seek, my little silver star."

Rinn Talastar Lagus, bloody, soaked but still energetic, dragged the corpse of the Sandshark through the desert. Sh breathed a little prayer.

"From the land you rose, I thank you. Accept my prayer and forgiveness, great one. Let your life force circle the earth."

Rinn carefully dissected the creature, choosing some parts she thought could be useful later. Six pieces of the Sandsharks largest fangs, a piece of its liver, it's gall, one of its eyes, a bottle of its blood. She placed them all on separate leather pouches and carried them around her waist. After burying the innards of the creature, she took its hide, wrapping it over her head and shoulders. It was smelly.. But it did give protection from the heat. Oruru, still in hawk form, flew overhead. They were making their way towards the Marketplace. It was their beginning.

ELR
06-12-2009, 10:43 PM
Turning around in a circle, she sees no one near as she sees Sorrow Forest up ahead. She touchs her amulet and she started to turn into wolf. 'I need to run faster in here if I'm going to get out of here by the time the sun arises.' Her back arched and her feet stood closer, her front paws landed onto the ground and a howl came whispering out of her lips.

Her nose found something sifting through the air. 'Someone is here, someone familiar.' She looked left and then right, nothing was in site, nothing looked different from the last time she hunted here. She took several steps foward and started wagging her tail. 'Oh boy, I know this smell from anywhere but I can't seem to remember who has it on them. Smells of fire and of something rough. I think they might need to take a mint plant to freshen their breath as well.'

She ran into the woods, avoiding the path and smelling the air. 'Up there? No, can't be. Hmm....' She walked over to the water and took a small sip. 'Who the grasshopper can it be?' She sat down, body away from the water, closing her eyes and sniffing the air. She let out a howl and sniffed somemore.

She fluttered a little while longer then fell from the sky. She couldn't fly for so long and when she did, it strained her body. She fell flat onto the ground and laid there, resting until her wings were ready again.

FaroDomisai
06-12-2009, 10:55 PM
Burn entered the ruins to search for Lady Yang and Lord Yin where location "Damn it, the world is in chaos, where could they be?" he said keeping his burning whip by his side to light the way through the ruins "It's kinda creepy in here, not cold..because I am made of fire, but creepy" he said as he wondered through the ruins. He stopped to study the hieroglyphics on the wall "What does this mean?" he said not know what they said or what they looked like even.

Princely Dreaming Doll
06-13-2009, 01:14 AM
Efrin was rummaging through the forest. Staying close to the trees. He had gotten use to the heat, somewhat. He still really didn't know how to function without cold climates. Though he enjoy these thick breezy days. He kept to his knees to stay hidden, but then again he was already short enough to hide without being stealthy and crafty. Efrin preferred to listen to the nature and whispers of the ice crystal. But he understood the plants as well. When they rustled in different ways it meant danger or safety. Efrin would take several pauses to hear this cues. Despite being fairly breezy and cool, Efrin felt it still to hot and he was hungry. Foraging was either successful, unsuccessful, or somewhere in between. Efrin began to search the forest for something to eat.

Luzifer
06-13-2009, 05:08 PM
Isaiah watched the fluttering fairy give in to gravity and collapse onto the ground. He sighed at its weakness but more sighed that it hadn't died. That meant it still had strength and had not burnt itself out beautifully. But... it also meant that when it did fall and die, the death would be that much more resplendent. Gently, with a flowing stroll he walked over to the poor wounded creature and looked down on it. "Is this the limit of your will child or do you still have strength to stand?"

janajee
06-14-2009, 02:26 AM
Location: Dark Elf Forest (In the Middle of the Forest at the South of river)

SEAN'S POV

I make my way from the river and notice an exchange between a human and a fairy. I jump to a tree and watch them for a while, interested at what the human is going to do at the little weak fairy. He seemed so concerned at the fallen goody-goody.

After a while, I leave, bored because no death nor fight would seem to occur between these two.

I make my way back to the clan, sighing and dreading as my steps lead me closer and closer to home. To my "family". The group of good for nothings that took me in after probably killing off my real clan. They raised me up, thinking they could turn me into one of them. Angry. Sinful. Murderer. Evil.

They were successful in one way.

A time will come when my "family" will have to deal with the monster they have created. They will have to deal with my selfish ways, thoughts, and life. I bet they'll be so proud.

To kill them off one by one is my way of thanking them...

"You stupid son of a human, where have you been?! Slacking off?!" The head of the clan's wife shouted whilst throwing the disgusting rotting corpse of a rat she was snacking on at my face.

But until then, I'll just have to endure their lovely ways...

I may be evil, but at least I cook whatever goes through this mouth.

Nespa
06-14-2009, 03:51 AM
Sastina was close to the evil elfen camp when the firefly finaly sat down on a leaf "now i got you" she was about to grab the firefly when someone lifted her by teh back of the collar of her dress "hey put me down". The guard looked her up and down "your not one of our elves". sistina squirmed a bit and stared curiously at the other elf, he was heavely scarred in teh face and his eyes were dark. He wore a thick armour of leather. a longbow hung on his back allong with some arrows and a sword at his side "i am sastina who are you?" she gave him a big smile causing him to blink "girl are you naive or just stupid". Sastina pouted "i am not naive and not stupid i was just taught how to be polite" the elf raised a brow "right i am taking you to the clan leader maybe she has a idea of what you are"not bothering putting her down, he carried her in the camp sastina was just looking around curiosly.

Valkarma
06-14-2009, 07:33 AM
Jace made his way to the river slowly. He didn't take any extra time for he had no need too. To rush was pointless. He took each step and each breath with time and consideration. The sun wasn't to warm this morning so he didn't need to worry about it all to much. With his head band blocking most of it out he could calmly walk into the forest with no problems.

He had never been the southern part of the forest yet and he felt it would be a new experience. He walked through the twisting tree with ease. He paid no attaention to the wild life around him. Wolves would snarl and birds of prey would call but he feared nothing of them. But as he walked though he wondered what would have caused such wild life to emerge. It was all so feral and threatening. Violence was a key tool to each of them. He didn't nor couldn't understand why they were like this. Maybe one day he would find out why.

He made his way to the stream and sat down next to the waters edge. He knew this place to be the dark elves forest from what he had heard on travels. So would they approve of him talking there fish? he wasn't sure but it wouldn't hurt him to do so. Nothing would hurt him. He looked down at the fish near the edge. Their weird forms of defence, brought on by the harsh world they existed in, seemed weak to Jace. Lines of sharp streamline spines ran down there backs to protect them from predators that would feed on them. They would likely have posion in them as well. To Jace it didn't matter. He took a calming breath and postioned his hand above the water line. Patiently he waited. The fish swam and lived there lives. Then he lashed out. his hadn diving in quickly and grabbing one of the fish. Their defences turned against them, digging into Jace's hand and preventing them from fleeing. Jace pulled it out and placed it next to him. It breath its' last and he returned to looking at the river. He would catch a few more before he would begin eating.

--------------------

Lady Sin pushed her horse to go faster. She was bored and wanted to be hunting now. Her horse wasn't going half as fast as she wanted and it was one of the fastest in the land. Its' thick muscle punded it across the land and viens of purple and blue pumped on the surface of its skin. Lady Sin sighed and began yawning again as she sat on the top of the horse.
"What a boring ride." She thought.
"You should learn to wait for your prey." Said a voice resonding within her. It was deep and worn from hundreds of years of use.
"Oh! I never knew you were awake My dearest Lord. I have missed you."
"And I missed you. But each of us has our time. I will wait for you."
"That's sweet my dear. Thank you." She replied.

Before a conversation could fully emerge the market place came into view and Lady sin's concentration was taken to that. She beat the horse to move faster. A few travelling individuals spotted her and began bowing. Parents would force there children down onto there knees. Lady Sin smiled, one twisted with cruelty. She slowed her horse so she could take her time being worship. Each person seemed to tremble in fear at her approach and it pleased her to no end.

Entering the market place was no different and word of her arrival spread quickly. Rumours about why she had came spread quickly. Some thought se had came to destroy the town. Others that she was looking for a sacrifice. She let them spread. It was no bother to her. Just to be talked about in such fear was a great pleasure to her. She stepped down of her horse and suddenly someone came to collect it and take it to a stable. She put her hands on her side and began looking. What for she wasn't sure but she guessed it would be fun.

Miss Chola
06-14-2009, 01:56 PM
Adelaide yawned as she awoke that morning. She gasped and jumped out of bed. The awakening had already happened, which meant the war was in full bloom! She cursed and fumbled around in her negligee. What kind of harpy was she, abandoning the war. She stole a quick glance at the human that lay in her bed and her lip curled. She hated men. Adelaide reached for her favorite knife. Without thought, she slit the throat of the male human. She quickly got dressed and scoffed, dragging the body out of her abandoned home.

The fray had already reached the outskirts of the forest where her abandoned cabin lay.

Princely Dreaming Doll
06-14-2009, 05:36 PM
OCC: Valkarma the person he bumps into is you.

Efrin tired of foraging through the forest and finding nothing. Decided to cool off by going off for a fetch of water to drink. Efrin began to walk to the river. Wondering around and walking the lands made every corner of the world seem like his own backyard. He was a pretty good map. Efrin found the river made sure that no one was around and took out his canteen and walked over to the waters edge. He let water run through his canteen. Efrin was slow to register his side vision as he got up he heard a splash that startled him. He fell sideways into someone. He had been collecting water next to someone for the minutes he had been here. Efrin felt stupid, but cautious. He got up immediately.
"I apologize, I hadn't notice you were here," Efrin said.

Valkarma
06-14-2009, 06:51 PM
He let water run through his canteen. Efrin was slow to register his side vision as he got up he heard a splash that startled him. He fell sideways into someone. He had been collecting water next to someone for the minutes he had been here. Efrin felt stupid, but cautious. He got up immediately.
"I apologize, I hadn't notice you were here," Efrin said.

The thud that hit his side was all the warning Jace got. A light body, maybe no more then half his weight, had impacted with him. It wasn't painful and he wasn't even knocked off balance. His fish were still on the other side of him. They hadn't been stolen or even realised by the looks of things. He slowly turned to the person next to him. He looked them up and down. A fair and neutral aura seemed to emit from them and not seeing someone like his old masters he stood up slowly.
"You!" He said. "Why did you knock into me?" He asked. Each word was focussed and sharp. A harsh life style had caused his voice to become harsh and bitter. "Someone with your kind of obvious skill should be more then capable to see me. So why didn't you?"

Jace spent a moment giving this person more of a look. It was a wise choice to know as much about a person when you met them as you could from their look. First things identified the boy as a elf. However unlike the dark types Jace had seen so far he was much more fair. As well as short. He seemed fast and it was clear speed was a good talent of his. His voice said he was suclusive, quiet but strong. This added more to his unique nature. Jace piece together what he could about the elf before crossing his arms around his chest.
"Well do you plan on just standing there or are you going to answer my questions?" He asked. His lack of experience with people clear in the harshness of his words.

Princely Dreaming Doll
06-14-2009, 07:55 PM
The thud that hit his side was all the warning Jace got. A light body, maybe no more then half his weight, had impacted with him. It wasn't painful and he wasn't even knocked off balance. His fish were still on the other side of him. They hadn't been stolen or even realised by the looks of things. He slowly turned to the person next to him. He looked them up and down. A fair and neutral aura seemed to emit from them and not seeing someone like his old masters he stood up slowly.
"You!" He said. "Why did you knock into me?" He asked. Each word was focussed and sharp. A harsh life style had caused his voice to become harsh and bitter. "Someone with your kind of obvious skill should be more then capable to see me. So why didn't you?"

Jace spent a moment giving this person more of a look. It was a wise choice to know as much about a person when you met them as you could from their look. First things identified the boy as a elf. However unlike the dark types Jace had seen so far he was much more fair. As well as short. He seemed fast and it was clear speed was a good talent of his. His voice said he was suclusive, quiet but strong. This added more to his unique nature. Jace piece together what he could about the elf before crossing his arms around his chest.
"Well do you plan on just standing there or are you going to answer my questions?" He asked. His lack of experience with people clear in the harshness of his words.

Efrin didn't realize he was going to get a harsh reaction. Then again he realized how harsh the world was. Snow elves lived in the mountains and tended to get less sun the lands below. His site was poor in the mostly well lighted areas and the water reflecting more light made it hard for him.
"I have poor sight," he said, "The splash from the fish startled me, I apologize sir, I met nothing by it."
Efrin stared at the man with a calm face as if to use it to calm down the man.
"If there is anything I can do to make it up to you," Efrin said, "Then please tell me, I'll do whatever I can."

ELR
06-14-2009, 10:09 PM
"Is this the limit of your will child or do you still have strength to stand?" He asked in a voice that made her think he didn't care but was slightly amused that she was down here instead of up in the air. She looked up at the human who was really tall, of course everyone was taller than hurt but he seemed to be towering over her.

"I have strength to stand, I just didn't feel like trying to at the moment." She bluffed. She stood up, wabbling a little and then steadied herself. "See?" She smirked up and then shook her head and looked back up. "My name is Rein, do you need anything?" She placed her hands on her hip and then relaxed a little.

i_say_sabotage
06-15-2009, 01:39 AM
Rinn and Oruru reached he marketplace almost past noon and they were hungry beyond compare. Sandshark meat was not edible, but they chewed on it on the way, just to give the illusion of eating something.

"You're such a nutty kid, you know that?" Oruru was now a snake, wrapped around Rinn's neck. He was a horse a while ago, which meant a speedy ride towards the marketplace. A travel of 2 days on foot made for a few hours. "Attacking a damn Sandshark without breakfast or a plan... By the name of Glyph, not even informing me?"

Still, it was a desert and they packed little food. He had no choice but to don another transformation to conserve his strength. so he decided a snake would be a good choice for such creatures don't get hungry easily and required nothing to latch themselves on to. Travel-optimized, if you call it that.

Rinn gave him a bored look."Yadda, yadda yadda. Can't you be an earthworm while you're at it, geezer? At least earthworms don't speak as much."

"That's because earthworms don't know which end to speak out from... And the day I shall speak out of my *** will be the day I will have to kick yours.... god-daughter."

"Bring it, old mutt! Weee!" Rinn laughed.

They were about to enter the Marketplace gates, and they expected a reception of stray merchants, a barrage of beggars asking for alms, inn hawkers, prostitutes and food stalls. Instead, all the duo really saw was a quiet marketplace (oh, how uncanny), with people lazily keeping the flies away from their wares.

"What in Glyph's name--" Oruru started.

"Eh?? Whats with these people? Did someone die or what?" she shrugged.

She approached a man selling fake dragon scales and asked him how much for the hide she carried.

"Hey mister, Sandshark on sale! Fresh, killed only this morning." she started to barter.

"How much you want."

"Lesse, enough for an armor?"

"Six scales."

"WHA-- SIX SCALES? That's not even enough for a knee pad! No fair!"

"Take it or leave it."

"BY DAMN I'm gonna leave it! Sore miser!" she stuck out her tongue at him.

Rinn and Oruru continued to walk around. People around them were either pale or not in the mood. A crazy old beggar was shouting "It's the end! It's the end of the world!"

"Well isn't it always?" Oruru remarked. "Nice to see somebody still doing their job."

Rinn was getting grumpier and grumpier by the moment. She was hungry and smelly and tired. She hasn't eaten since this morning and her whole body had a bluish-tinge of the Sandshark's blood. Even her teeth was blue because of chewing on the raw meat.

"I hate this. IhatethisIhatethisIhatethis." she cried irritably. "Why is the this place so weird today? I HATE IT."

There was a waft of scent that caught Oruru's nose. He changed into a huge white wolf and sniffed the surroundings better. Rinn perked up too but was too annoyed to pay it heed. She remembered her father telling her to be wary of this kind of smell.

"Rinn, let's get out of here." Oruru, now a wolf, cried worriedly. "There is an enitity in the marketplace that gives off such a dastardly smell."

"Maybe that's just me and this stupid dead Sandshark." Rinn said, almost at the verge of a tantrum.

Oruru prodded the girl with his nose, nuzzling her leg towards the exit. "Come now, child. This is not the time to be stubborn."

"NO!" Rinn cried. "I am not leaving till I eat something nice and take this mucky blood off my skin and -- and get into a good bed in an inn somewhere and --!"

Tears welled up in the girl's eyes and she cried and bawled in the middle of the marketplace. "HUWAAHH! This is no fair!! I hate this!! Huaaahhh huaah!"

Oruru tried to calm the girl's fit by licking her face and nuzzling her hair. Child.. hush.. Please stop. I know you're tired and hungry. COme now... let's just camp somewhere in the forest. That will cheer you up. But please, let's leave for now. Come on.."

Rinn sniffed and calmed down a bit. Oruru licked her tears away. "O-okay... hmp."

Oruru was about to lead the girl out when the wicked scent became stronger and nearer. Oruru nervously paced his stride. "Damn... Rinn's tantrum must've gotten their attention. We have to get out of here fast."

But as Oruru turned around to face the exit, there in front of them was Lady Sin herself, all in her malevolent glory.

+++

OOC: GM-san, may I request currency please? It's really hard to barter inn or food with just wares. If it's not too much trouble... We can just use something standard... Like Gil and cents.

janajee
06-15-2009, 02:40 AM

I watch as an elf is brought to the "mother" I'd like to refer to as the evil witch who raised me.

She looks like a naive little thing that's probably going to get a sever thrashing which shall end with her head severed from the rest of her body. I care not for naive little things except when they're exceptionally cute, but I do not like to watch carnal obscenity while I'm eating. I tend to be sensitive that way.

Hmmm?

Well. Why the heck not? I have been waiting for three hundred long years under this abominable situations. The wait needs to end sometime right? So... what's wrong with it ending tonight? I pack away my dinner for later and focus at the task at hand.

I'm sure some of them would have been able to kill me if they knew what was going on but they were too busy drooling at the expectation of death. Before the little naive elf reaches the witch, my shadows force each and everyone of the elves present to grab their necks and squeeze their necks until they couldn't breathe any longer. Soon the oxygen their puny little minds need no longer reaches their brains and then they die. Stupid evil elves. They have made this so much easier for me.

When everyone has breathed their last, I walk toward the naive little elf.

"Hey there. The name's Sean. What's yours?"

Valkarma
06-15-2009, 07:49 AM
To Jace's surprise the elf began to cower slightly. He didn't seem to fit into the world as Jace saw it. The boy had an innocence that was unnatural for the land he was in. Jace's interest in the boy was peeked and he thought it a good idea to not chase him away. He didn't make sense when compared to what he had seen and he hoped he could learn from this boy. Learn more about the land he lived in.

"You want to help?" He asked, "You can start by making a fire for me. I will not eat these fish raw. Get that done, and then sit down. I want to talk to you." Though he tried some of the words still came out harsh. He was unsure how to deal with the boy. He ignored him and turned back to the river. A single fish still remained by the water side and with lighting speed his plunged his hand in to grab it. The barbs of this fish went straight through his hands and out the other side. His strange blood flowed out the wound. A mix of purple and black. Jace looked away from it and pulled the fish out. After it stopped trashing he pulled it off him and watched the wound seal. A moment’s discomfit. That is all it was.
"Well? Are you not going to get the fire ready?" He asked the elf without looking at him.

-----------------

Lady Sin enjoyed walking through town. All the attention was focussed onto her. She was having fun. People would bow and others run. People would be silent in her presence. It was how she enjoyed living. She would be feared. The Lord may do things differently. He wasn't fear but more looked upon and others would be in awe of him. They would do things out of respect for him. He would be seen as a harsh but fair ruler, who demanded the best from the people of Sin. She preferred fear. She almost completely forgot about finding something else to do. Why should she when she could just be worshipped like this? The devotion and fear mixed itself together and created such a beautiful aroma. She felt like she was walking through a garden of her favourite flowers. Each withering at her touch.

It was then that a pair of beggars lost what was holding them and they began to run about screaming. It was a dampener on Lady Sin's fun and they were becoming very annoying, very quick. She sighed angry and looked over at the pair with a stare like daggers. They began to panic and run away from her. She raised one arm slowly and began to chant.
"By the power given from birth,
The power grown and nurtured on the land.
I command the elements to listen to my call.
Come spirits of lightning and heed my call.
Strike and destroy."
As she finished sparks began to flow from her shoulder. It grew to waves of electric. These then arced there way down her arm to her fingers tips. She pointed them at one of the beggars running away. Then she clicked her fingers. The lightning shot out in a line straight through the Beggar. The force blew a hole through him and he fell to the floor dead. The other beggar redoubled his efforts and ran screaming about the end of the world.

Then things were back to how they should be. Her the centre of attention. It was what she wanted. This didn't last long as she began to hear the annoying tantrum of some little girl. She became quite outraged and decided to walk over to this one. She noticed a wolf with the girl as she got closer. Some people paniced thinking a repeat of before and began to move away. As she got closer she glared at the wolf who seemed to be between her and the girl.
"And what do we have here then?" She asked her voice sublime but evil, "What's so much bother that you are acting like this then little girl?" She acted like she was concerned but you could tell the evil behind her voice.

Nespa
06-15-2009, 10:53 AM
Sastina yelps when she is suddenly dropped to the floor and looks at her captor "oke that is strange" she stands and wipes the dust and dirt of her dress when the boy elf spoke "i am sastina but can call me sassy for short" she gave him a big smile before looking at the other elves "isent this a strange time to take a nap?". she looked at sean with adoration seeing that she had never seen another male besides her grandfather, she geussed he was a little older than her maybe a few hundred years.

i_say_sabotage
06-15-2009, 10:57 AM
Oruru whinied and faced the Lady defensively. He did not pose to attack, it was the last thing he would do. He just wanted to protect Rinn. Oruru was well aware that the both of them are in no condition to fight. Their energy levels have dropped and they haven't eaten. Rinn was obviously in a touchy mood right now, and the last thing Oruru needs was a face off with the Grief's rulers themselves! What's a wolf gotta do?

"Feh." he thought in his head. "What an interesting day this is turning out to be. Reaaaally great. First a Sandshark, then the damn Grief Royalty. This could not get any worse."

Rinn looked up at the beautiful elvish woman clad in the darkest velvets and the most beautiful armor. Her beauty was terrible. Even her sweet smile hinted that it had poison underneath its sweetness.

And for some reason she did not smell like a woman.

"Hey, You don't smell like a woman!" Rinn pointed at the Lady Sin in a matter-of-fact voice. And Oruru was in fact, proven wrong. This could get a lot worse. It just did.

Everyone in the marketplace within earshot was gripped with horror. Such a stupid girl dare mouth a blatant insult to Lady Sin! How will she react? Will she destroy her in a lightning bolt like she did that other beggar?

Oruru extended his claws, burying them hard into the dirt. In case of attack, the force to spring up will give him added speed. He may have to fight now... He wished he didn't have to, but if worst comes to worst, he will honor the oath he breathed on Enika, Rinn's mother's, deathbed. He, Oruru of the North Star, will protect Rinn until his last breath.

Tetsanosuke
06-15-2009, 02:51 PM
A howl, yes, familiar. So much so. A gentle sigh escaped the cloaked figure's lips before his form leaped from the tree into the water below. The water splashed up and encased him like the petals of a flower, before easing down as though gravity had finally succeeded in it's job. Shifting his sight around, before sniffing at the air, Greyheart stepped from the river and into the forest again to find a familiar female form in his sight. He ash brown hair became revealed as he lifted his hood, a neutral facade brandished.

"Nearly three thousand years," he said calmly from behind the sitting wolf of a female. "Nearly three thousand years and I can still smell your scent with ease. " His frame would shift against the nearby tree, looking towards her backside as well as the river.

" My sister... "

His eyes shut as his breath became full, and relaxing. His eyes started shining under his eye lids as his senses would extend- the trees and their listening leaves filtering through all the bits of life present in the sorest, the forest of Sorrow. Rightfully said ,as there was barely life present that wasn't decaying in some way, physical or spiritual.

Princely Dreaming Doll
06-15-2009, 03:09 PM
[COLOR=aqua]To Jace's surprise the elf began to cower slightly. He didn't seem to fit into the world as Jace saw it. The boy had an innocence that was unnatural for the land he was in. Jace's interest in the boy was peeked and he thought it a good idea to not chase him away. He didn't make sense when compared to what he had seen and he hoped he could learn from this boy. Learn more about the land he lived in.

"You want to help?" He asked, "You can start by making a fire for me. I will not eat these fish raw. Get that done, and then sit down. I want to talk to you." Though he tried some of the words still came out harsh. He was unsure how to deal with the boy. He ignored him and turned back to the river. A single fish still remained by the water side and with lighting speed his plunged his hand in to grab it. The barbs of this fish went straight through his hands and out the other side. His strange blood flowed out the wound. A mix of purple and black. Jace looked away from it and pulled the fish out. After it stopped trashing he pulled it off him and watched the wound seal. A moment’s discomfit. That is all it was.
"Well? Are you not going to get the fire ready?" He asked the elf without looking at him.

Efrin nodded and ran quickly to a giant tree close to the river bank. In the little hollowed hole of the tree was fire wood. It was very dry and very hot in the hole. Efrin was really good at the keeping things safe. He brought the firewood back to where the man was and took out two stones from his mini pouch. It only took a few moments before he got a fire started.
"There," Efrin said, "May I ask, who are you sir?"

Valkarma
06-15-2009, 04:10 PM
Jace moved over to the fire carefully. He took his time bring over the fish and he sat down cross legged in front of the fire. He pulled his head band off and let his raven hair fall down. He relaxed himself and stared at the fire for a moment. Even during the day the heat was warm and the breeze from the river cool. It was an almost perfect location. That would be true had it not been this forest. Jace could not shake the aura of evil that seaped out of the forest. it pained him and brought back memories of the cell. It had the same evil about it. His old masters had the same evil. A single tear fell from one of his eyes as he remembered the dark nights and watched as other suffered fates that he couldn't follow but would always surpass. His fist clentched and his muscles rippled for a moment. A glare came across his eyes and his aura grew powerful.

Jace pushed the thoughts from his head and drove a set of sticks into the ground. On each he placed a fish and he positioned then by the fire to cook. It wouldn't take long for these fish to cook. the posion was flamable and the insides would cook quickly. he remembered this much from a time he couldn't. he looked at to the elf now with him. His innocent aura was almost a glaring light to Jace.
"My name is Jace." he finally said, "That is the only thing to be known about me. I was born nowhere. Taken somewhere. I have lived for too long more so then most elves. I will keep leaving too long for anyone." He noticed the confused look on the elf. He didn't feel like explaining more so he left it. He just listened to the fat as it sizzled onto the fire. It was peacful like this.

----------------------

Lady Sin leaned down closer to the girl and her wolf. It look ready to die to defend her and as much as it would be entertaining she had no fun killing something so weak. But killing a wolf was below her. It was a weak animal, that only found use as a hunting aid. She instead raised an eyebrow at the girls comment and glared at her. It was an insult that was plain to everyone. The girl had just said she didn't smell like a women. The fact taht she could smell her liek that was amazing and the young girl must have had some huge talent. Regardless she would never even be able to guess the truth. One the ancients knew about him. She did however find the girls skill impressive. Maybe even useful.

"Of course I don't" She told her, "I don't smell liek a women becuase I smell like a queen that's why." She laughed and nearly everyone had a heart attack at her response. It was fun to play a unexpected card. The wolf even looked shock. She smiled. Then she took two flash steps. She was now next to the girl and beyond the wolf. She laid her hand on the girls head. It was both a way of calming her and proving to the wolf the difference in power it was facing.
"You have good attitude girl. Like me as a kid." She smiled, a posioness smile. "I like that in a girl. What was your name again?"

Princely Dreaming Doll
06-15-2009, 05:28 PM
Jace moved over to the fire carefully. He took his time bring over the fish and he sat down cross legged in front of the fire. He pulled his head band off and let his raven hair fall down. He relaxed himself and stared at the fire for a moment. Even during the day the heat was warm and the breeze from the river cool. It was an almost perfect location. That would be true had it not been this forest. Jace could not shake the aura of evil that seaped out of the forest. it pained him and brought back memories of the cell. It had the same evil about it. His old masters had the same evil. A single tear fell from one of his eyes as he remembered the dark nights and watched as other suffered fates that he couldn't follow but would always surpass. His fist clentched and his muscles rippled for a moment. A glare came across his eyes and his aura grew powerful.

Jace pushed the thoughts from his head and drove a set of sticks into the ground. On each he placed a fish and he positioned then by the fire to cook. It wouldn't take long for these fish to cook. the posion was flamable and the insides would cook quickly. he remembered this much from a time he couldn't. he looked at to the elf now with him. His innocent aura was almost a glaring light to Jace.
"My name is Jace." he finally said, "That is the only thing to be known about me. I was born nowhere. Taken somewhere. I have lived for too long more so then most elves. I will keep leaving too long for anyone." He noticed the confused look on the elf. He didn't feel like explaining more so he left it. He just listened to the fat as it sizzled onto the fire. It was peacful like this.

Efrin smiled.
"That is a very poetic way of looking at your life," Efrin said, "I'm Efrin it's a pleasure to meet you and I do apologize for bumping into you...my eyesight can be poor."
Efrin smiled at the fire. All though warming and nice, Efrin never could really stand so close to them. They made him feel almost flush at times. He stayed closer to the river's edge, where the warmth of the fire was picked up by the wind. But the cool air from the river hit him as well.

ELR
06-15-2009, 07:19 PM
OOC: I gave warning in the begining about surprise attacks, first one is up, watch out if you are in the Harpies Tree fortress or in the Ruined Castle.

The eagle was hungry, he could feel the air stur differently in the old castle that no one seemed to want to be in anymore. Out of hunger, it searched for its prey. After entering several rooms, it found a two legged being in red glaring at the wall. 'He is mine.' He stretched out its legs and attacked the two legged being. (This is Red)

Slithering on the ground, she could smell that someone had blood near by, and where there was blood, there was something harmful. She looked into the building on the ground and smelled it increasing. 'This danger has to go.' She sprunge at the winged creature. (This is Adelaide)

"Nearly three thousand years and I can still smell your scent with ease. My sister..." Softly the words rang through the forest, soft enough that normal ears couldn't have heard then but loud enough that the hairs on the back on her neck arose. She lowered her head and what she was became reversed. The fur shriveled off and her legs corrected themselves, her front paws became hands, her snout became a mouth and a nose.

She gasped for a second and then stood up. "I can hear you, I hope you know that, big brother, the dragon of dreams." She smirked. 'It explained the bad breath at least. Ironshard Greyheart Nocturnewind.' She headed towards where she had heard the voice from, and ran into a human instead of a dragon.

"Oh, sorry, I thought you were..." She looked into those eyes, the eyes of one who sees what you really wanted from what you dreamed of. "It is you." She jumped up and down. "Where BurningRed FlamingRhapsody is? We are on duty to gather the ones who are willing to protect the land and fight for it to turn back to what it once was." She crossed her arms and just stared at him as he thought.

Tetsanosuke
06-15-2009, 07:37 PM
Her words were something soothing, compared to the rough wrinkles of history which pervaded his three thousand years of dreaming. His eyes shifted along her humanoid form which was brought on by her necklace, a gift from their father. He felt slightly above his sister in that way, but not overbearing in attitude. He was at one with nature, and the nature of these lands. Perhaps he was the most powerful of the three, perhaps he felt a pipedream of human arrogance that he alone could make the harmony of this world a possibility.

In any case he shook off such useless emotion, useless boasting on the inside. He sensed the ache of the forest, and the very essence that it became. Shaken, downtrodden, dark and meek. Nature here was tainted by the actual notion of sorrow, a feeling that the 'humanoids' of this world embraced. But he wasn't void of emotion himself, no, he just found it unnecessary to give into the auras of bleak black and blue which pervaded through these woods.

But the sight and sound of his sister brought him something more then just another body, another mind, she was one of three in existence that could understand how it felt to be immortally ageless- to pulse the blood of the land and the essence of reality through one's body. His eyes had opened and looked her over. She may not have been adept at controlling that energy, but she was still kin- fur or none.

"Dear sister," He'd start, nearly monotone voice edged with cool wisps of nocturnal tone. It could only be explained in such a manner, "You really think any one in this tainted land would aid us? Be selfless? They understand little of the whole picture, little of balance. And yet you have faith in them?" His tone shifted as the inquiry took hold, to a gently heated tone.

His frame softly contorted to the inhaling and exhaling of his breath as he shut his eyes for a few moments again, opening them as he'd stand up straight from the tree he leaned upon. His eyes returned to his sister with calm oscillating patience, the very emotion seemed to make the river softer in it's sound and the aching of the creaking trees fade into the aura.

"By the by, I haven't a clue where our feathered kin is." He'd say with no change in his tone of voice.

Luzifer
06-15-2009, 07:44 PM
"Need?" he asked ironically acting thoughtful, "There is nothing needed in this world. Only things desired. No... I do not 'need'. But I see your meaning, why am I talking t you, correct?" he shrugged, kneeling down to be on a more equal level with the tiny creature. Such a small thing, so easily crushed. Yet he had no reason to do so. He was not some fool, while he loved cruelty and grinned at the sight of death as much as any in his bloodsoaked, he was a man of temperance. Freely acting upon such base desires only caused trouble. No... better to pick ones cruelties with care and precision, lest they return with cruelties in kind. "I do not know... curiousity mostly. It is not often your kind takes to these skies, they are not terribly friendly to one so soft as yourself. Rarer still are ones such as you allowed to live as long as you have. Perhaps that is mere luck though. In any case, I am a creature of curiosity, of wonder and thought. A fickle thing. I saw you and my wonderlust, if you pardon the pun, snatched me."

ELR
06-15-2009, 08:18 PM
"If you are saying that I can't get anyone to help then I am going to tell you this once, brother, there are people out there who want a better world, who want something more than just being tormented by the people of the land of grief. If it meant finding the king and queen and saving the land from dismay then people will help us." She looks over at the location of the free flowing river and closes her eyes. "Do you really think that people aren't willing to help? That they'd rather deal with this Hell whole any longer?" She looked up into the sky, sniffing the air and knowing the forest was dying slowly, dying interailly and externailly.

She opens her eyes and sees that the sun was beginning to allow light to gleamer through the sky. "Do you think that people want all that has happened because of a reckless mistake that the king and queen accidently made?" She turned slowly to her brother, who seemed to looking into the woods.

"Most likely our brother has gotten himself into trouble trying to seek for some new knowledge."

Shrugging at him, she knew what he meant about wants and desires. "Those who desire are still in the past, even though desires aren't always that bad. Wants and needs are always different for each person." She placed her right hand on her hip and pushed her hip out. "I might be soft, but my heart to help others is even bigger. I am here to be able to help those who need it." She placed her finger on his nose. "If you need or desire help, whatever you may call it then please ask away." She lowered her finger and smiled. Something inside of her was yelling at her to run though, run for her life.

janajee
06-15-2009, 08:25 PM

"I am Sastina but you can call me Sassy for short." She then starts to look around and with her trademark naivete she adds, "Isn't this a strange time to take a nap?"

I look around at my fallen clan, and I feel a wonderful little satisfaction seeping into my heart. It feels so good to get rid of them. Like getting rid of an ugly scab to reveal such beautiful pink skin. It is so good to be free from their disgusting habits.

Well now what?

Revenge is over and there's nothing left to do. Should I weep, because there is no longer any purpose in my life? Should I gnash and pity myself for I no longer have anything left? My real clan is gone, and I've already avenged them and killed this pathetic excuse of a clan that raised me in their own pitiful ways of murder and selfishness.

But I was never one to be philosophize on my life, and I'm practical. Plus there is too much of this world left to satisfy my needs. Because let's face it, my life has always been and always will be about yours truly.

I look at Sassy and there's this little adoration sparkle in her eyes. I want to laugh. I bet she wouldn't be so forthcoming with information if she knew that I was the one who killed all these elves off. She's adorable and I've always liked adorable things. Plus, I've also always wanted to have a pet.

I mull it over.

Sassy. Not a bad name for a cute little pet.

I offer my hand and say,

"Well Sassy, I'm going on an adventure, would you like to join me?"

Nespa
06-16-2009, 09:47 AM
Sastina squeeled a high pitched noise that sended some of the less dangerous birds flying. Her grandfather never wanted her to see the world outside of the waterfall but aparantly this elf wanted her to come along. she took his hand witha big smile "grandpa never let me out of the cave he lived in never told me why though, something about us being of a acient clan of elves who could sense danger days before it happend and traveled away from it before it came" she stopped talking to think something over for about 10 seconds "i never sensed anything though, grandpa said it would form around me being 230 or something i am aparantly the last of the lin, he never told me what happend with the rest of the family though" she blinked and looked around "i am thirsty is there some water around here?" she smiled at sean.

i_say_sabotage
06-17-2009, 11:43 AM
Oruru was indeed shocked at the reaction the Lady Sin gave Rinn. It seems like the Lady has taken quite a liking to his god-daughter. Should he be worried?

Rinn jumped up and struck a mighty pose. "My name is Rinn Talastar Lagus, daughter of Reginald Lagus, the best hunter of the world!! HAHA! And I will be the best hunter after I find him. He's missing see? It's a game!"

Because of the excitement, Rinn forgot her tantrum until her stomach reminded her of hunger.

Krrrrr....

Rinn started to cry again. "WAAH! I'm hungry! I'm so hungry and I can't eat this stupid sandshark! WHy did I event hunt this? I should've hunted Moss Deer or Went fishing at the Pier... I'm so hungry!!"

Oruru bit Rinns boots to prod her to stand up. "Well then let' get something to eat. Let's hunt that Moss Deer you're talking about and roast it."

"But i'm too tiii-red to hunt!" Rinn whined.

"Rinn, You're getting bratty again! Stop that bawling and stand up."

Oruru bowed low to the Lady Sin. He knew it was best not the anger her. It was best to keep a low profile. "Your Highness, we take our leave now. I'm afraid Rinn is throwing one of her temper tantrums. Good day."

"WHHHAT? But I want to stay with the Queen!" Rinn said. "She's so pretty and so strong-looking. I want to stay with her!"

"Rinn.. We have to go."

"But I want to stay."

Oruru sighed. When Rinn is in this mood, she just can't be reasoned with... She is so much like her mother. That must be why she's getting attached to Lady Sin. After all, Rinn never had an older female look after her. It was only always her father or him...

But should Oruru allow this situation? This is Lady Sin herself! Whatever will Reginald say when he returns!?

Oruru sighed. When faced with things such as this which requires hard decisions, Oruru always does what works. He changed into a small dog, climbed up Rinn's head and grunted.

"I'm gonna sleep this off." he growled.

Luzifer
06-17-2009, 12:19 PM
Isaiah chuckled under his breath, "Me? Need help? Ha! I require help from no one. I have all the power I need to survive out here, earned of my own will. And as l have that, and do not stretch myself beyond the limits of what my power can grant me, I have no need for help. You will find others here who often show that they have more ambition than brains. You may find some of them needing help. But I am in complete control of my faculties, and my potency. You might want to learn that lesson if you wish to survive out here, know your limits, and if you are uncertain what they are... assume you are weak. Anything else will get you killed in short order."

ELR
06-17-2009, 08:29 PM
She let out a loud sigh. 'Weak?' Everyone thought of her as weak. Thought of her as useless. She allowed her body to drop. "Okay." She forced the words out of her lips. She closed her eyes and tried to think of what she was going to do next. She couldn't go back to the land of peace yet, there was still many who needed places to go and to blend in easily, but on the other hand, this person was right, she was little and couldn't be anything more than weak. She looked up, trying to brush the thoughts out of her mind. I'm here to help those who need it, I'm not backing down so easily, not for anyone. "I am weak, that is what you assumed. Yes, I might be but I have a mighter heart." She forced herself back up, her wings backed up against her back instead of spreading out like they normally did. "Trying is at least one thing someone as SMALL as me can do." Her smile erased from her face. "One can not just give up if there are those who are needing support, needing safty from which can be cruel. I might run into those people who push me and then try to stomp on me but I still get up and still try. I fear the world around me but I try... I try pushing that fear away." Rein looked down and then sprung her face back up. "I don't know if I introduced myself yet, my name is Rein." She smiled once again. "May I know yours, sir?" She put both of her hands behind her, watching his reaction.

Tetsanosuke
06-17-2009, 08:46 PM
He narrowed his cool white-blue glowing eyes upon his sister as his facade became gently tense. She had so much faith in them. So much it was just plain irrational. Grey had watched the people on this world for so long, he could feel the fear and cowardice that plagued the majority of any one who wasn't basking in carnal sin or fleshly pleasures. His eyes turned away from his sister as he didn't wish to show his intensity, something his exterior was hard pressed to show evidence of, " If the people wanted it another way, they would have changed it already. Unless you are saying they are too weak to fight for themselves, in that case, we'd be better off letting them hide and doing this alone."

A few steps towards the water, and he'd stop as his mind would fold over and lapse over each and every fact and facet of knowing. Every inch of him wanted to embrace faith, but every ounce of rationale brought him against such foolish belief. Even so, he did have a job to do. It was just a matter of how he would execute such a task, as it seemed easier for him to-- No, that was his darkness talking. No, would not lose balance. Grey was of both sides of the land, and would stay focused on both sides of his being as one. After a few moments of contemplation he turned to his sister, casting out his cloak into the gentle breeze slithering through the forest before slipping his hood over his head.

"But, you wouldn't let that happen, would you?" His words would wisp along the gentle gales of wind into her ears, "I must say, sister, your connection with hope is far more astounding then any feat of power." A stone shaped smile etched along his facade by his lips, it would be an adventure after all. The light of dark azure and bright pale hues surrounded his figure and he'd crack his neck some.

"Until I see fit otherwise, we'll do this your way. I'm sure father would favor it in any case." With that he approached his sister and brought his powerful arms around her into a brotherly hug, narrowing his eyes at the recklessness he was accepting. "Be glad you didn't dream all that I have, sister. " His words danced into her ears before he turned about and towards the sky.

ELR
06-17-2009, 09:28 PM
His weird smell lingering in her nose, she couldn't say anything that would make a difference on his own opinion, not even a little. "Yes, the difference between me and you and our brother. You know the desires of each person, our brother gets the knowledge of each individual and the truth to the land, while I'm just stuck with faith and hope." She dropped her head to stare at the worm and dead grass covered dirt, apart of the land that seemed to be missed by the snow that had been falling for so long that just stopped.

"If I was searching for truth I would lose who I am. If I was to see others desires, I wouldn't be able to believe the souls around us. While you two slept, you saw things that would fill your minds with stuff I wouldn't be able to dream of. He saw the knowledge of what was going on around him, you saw what people wanted, me? Nothing. I was in complete darkness until I heard the screams and clashing of metal, the explosions of magick spells going around."

She clenched her fists into small balls, digging her nails into her palms and feeling the skin peeling away. "I might not be as insightful as you or as wise as him, but the only thing I can run on is my hope and my faith, my instincts from what father created me by." AdeQhine took in a deep breath, controling her emotions which were starting to unravel. 'Not now, not infront of another person, even if it is my own brother.'

She watched him carefully, his eyes wising up once again, his structure showing him taller and more insightful than she was. The breeze blew and pulled her hair into her face, she jerked it back and then looked into the sky, the place where she didn't belong. "Thank you, though. Thanks for trusting my intuition. An adventure, one that was thought to have happened and has happened. Let us hope we succeed." Her smile of peace erupted from her form, one that wasn't normally there but felt right upon her lips. "Okay, so where should we start, Grey?"

janajee
06-18-2009, 12:02 AM

After squealing an ear piercing and mind blowing, ok I'm exaggerating, squeal, Sassy said a bunch of things that either didn't make sense to me or something that I didn't really care about. Something about family and grandparents, and power.

Whatever.

She is my pet, so she needs to only care about me, and as I am about to inform her, she interrupts my thoughts with her need once more.

"I am thirsty. Is there some water around here?"

It's always about her. Won't she think about me? I would tell her so, but I am thirsty too. Okay, I guess I'm going to let this little... problem slide.

"Come little grasshopper, let's get to the river."

And so to the river we went.

And wouldn't you know it? Right there are two other citizens of the planet already there. One looks like another elf, whiter than most, obviously an outsider, and the other... there's too much covering him to figure out what he is.

Interesting, interesting, interesting.

Nespa
06-18-2009, 02:51 AM
Sastina nodded and followed him at the sight of the two other people she looked at him "friends of yours?" she did not know this world, for her was sean the only one she would be able to trust at the moment though she felt no danger from them at the moment. so she waited calmly until the strangers were revealed as friends, enemies or people he did not know. she wondert what he would do if it were people he did not know.

Valkarma
06-18-2009, 07:33 AM
Jace sighed. The young elf didn't seem to get what he was saying. Or he had took it differently. He shook his head and picked a fish from its' stick. The fire burned his skin and whisps of smoke rose but he ignored it. He squeezed the fish and let some of the fat and posion drip from it. It sizzled as it hit the ground. A few more minutes and they would be done.
"What I said wasn't poetic. It was just the truth. I don't come from anywhere. And I have nowhere to go. I just travel." He shrugged as if that was all that needed to be known. He looked into the fire. It was burning such beautiful colours.

Jace raised his head to look at the elf.
"So you don't like the heat I take it?" He asked. "That might suggest your not used to it. Interesting. You must be from a colder part of the world. Tell me, where are you from?" Jace asked. However a moment after Jace asked the question he felt and aura emerge from the forest behind him. Quickly, and on insinct, he spun around and stood up preparing to fight. he then relaxed after seeing it was just two elves. He was certain for a moment he had felt a cruel aura not unlike his old masters. Both of the other elves just seemed to be looking at them. One was too young to hold any strong aura. But the other seemed to flow with a dark aura that Jace had grown use to seeing. Jace didn't turn away from them. He just looked at them waiting for them to make the first move.

------------------

Lady Sin just smiled at the girl. She was such a typical girl. Throwing a fit if she didn't get what she wanted. Spoiled might be a word that came to her head but this girl was a little too toughen to be spoiled. Lady Sin however didn't like her wolf. But the girl was cute to her and she did compliment her. Though it was a well known fact that people didn't have to say it. Lady Sin was always the strongest and always the most beautiful. She smiled again. Placing her hand on the girl shoulder she spoke.
"Now now little one. Don't complain to what is clearly your guardian." She said, "You should respect your elders. They know what is best. And as an Elder, I think its best to feed you. I shall take you somewhere for food. Come on girl. Let us go eat at one of these places. I would like to get to know you better." She smiled.

Lady Sin led Rinn to a expensive Traven and sat down within with her. People began to leave but one glare told them to stay put. It could bother the girl if they all left. However that same glare told the traven keeper to bring food and without charge. He gulped and went to bring something to eat. Lady Sin looked back at the girl.
"Tell me more about yourself little girl? I'd like to know about you." She asked.

i_say_sabotage
06-18-2009, 12:22 PM
Rinn marvelled at the expensive tavern the Lady Sin led her to. It was beautiful. There were intricate carvings on wood, a fountain in the middle of the space with statues artistically poised from the ground up. The scent of food mixed in her nostrils and made her mouth water. She has never experienced this kind of luxury. Most of the best food she has ever had was from hunting it, roasting it in a pit of hot fire.

She sat down the cushioned chair and bounced bounced bounced. The tavern-keeper, noticing the girl was still wearing the sandshark hide and was staining the carpet and chairs just paled at Lady Sin's stern glare.

"Well, uhm, I'm a hunter. I think I already said that. I just turned 18 yesterday! So my father told me we're playing a game. He said I have to find him so I can get my birthright. And he's really good at hiding see? The last time he hid, it took me three years to find him. It was my 10th birthday and when I found him, he introduced me to Oruru! So this birthright must be really cool!"

The food arrived by the platter. Loads of mashed potato, a roast boar, sweet succulent ham, candied fruits, seafood.. everything that Rinn has never seen walking first and shot down later. She ate them all in cheeful gulps, trying every piece of food before moving to the next. She was in an extremely happy mood and her liking of Lady Sin grew more.

The same can't be said about Oruru, who refused to dine with them. He sat on Rinn's head trying to look asleep. But he was actually pondering, looking at things with a suspicious eye. Lady Sin is still Lady Sin even if she fed them, clothed them or whatever. He smelt burning skin off her, and a thousand other deaths. He just couldn't trust her. And he guessed that the feeling was mutual.

Right now, he will just be on guard.

Princely Dreaming Doll
06-18-2009, 03:17 PM
Jace sighed. The young elf didn't seem to get what he was saying. Or he had took it differently. He shook his head and picked a fish from its' stick. The fire burned his skin and whisps of smoke rose but he ignored it. He squeezed the fish and let some of the fat and posion drip from it. It sizzled as it hit the ground. A few more minutes and they would be done.
"What I said wasn't poetic. It was just the truth. I don't come from anywhere. And I have nowhere to go. I just travel." He shrugged as if that was all that needed to be known. He looked into the fire. It was burning such beautiful colours.

Jace raised his head to look at the elf.
"So you don't like the heat I take it?" He asked. "That might suggest your not used to it. Interesting. You must be from a colder part of the world. Tell me, where are you from?" Jace asked. However a moment after Jace asked the question he felt and aura emerge from the forest behind him. Quickly, and on insinct, he spun around and stood up preparing to fight. he then relaxed after seeing it was just two elves. He was certain for a moment he had felt a cruel aura not unlike his old masters. Both of the other elves just seemed to be looking at them. One was too young to hold any strong aura. But the other seemed to flow with a dark aura that Jace had grown use to seeing. Jace didn't turn away from them. He just looked at them waiting for them to make the first move.

Efrin stared at Jace with a confused look.
"Even though it was the truth most people wouldn't have put in such a way as you did," Efrin said, "It rang through your tongue like a poem."
Efrin stared into the fire and cringed at the sound of sizzling fat. He rubbed his hands and then stared at Jace again.
"I come from the mount..." Efrin paused.
Just as Jace did Efrin felt an aura full of malice. Efrin got up and stayed cautious, he almost looked like a sprawled cat ready to pounce. He saw two elves that had appeared.

Luzifer
06-18-2009, 06:49 PM
Isaiah chuckled at her display, it was rather humorous considering... "Your mighty heart is all well and good, but you appear to be lacking when it comes to listening skills. It is a talent that I find few possess... you only hear what you want to hear, but my dear... as much as you might want to be looked down on for sake of some underdog mentality... I never called you weak, nor assumed it. In fact, just the fact you still breath is some testament to strength. No... I said that you should assume that you are weak. For if you believe you are strong, there is always someone out their willing and able to prove otherwise. Understand my dear? I was merely giving advice not passing judgment. I, likewise, always assume that I am weak, just as any wise person should." he leaned back a bit, putting wait on his heels.

" Why help those who need help? I fail to understand the point. This world is a harrowing place, filled with death and sorrow. Those who lack the power to hold off the chaos will eventually be dragged down to their deaths. If you help, it will avail little, things will always swing back to the status quo. To the murderous mean."

There is but one charity in this world worth committing to. One justice worth fighting for. But that... is unknown and inconceivable to one such as you, as much as it is to every thing else that walks this land and yours. The justice of the particular... the justice of help an individual is not that justice. It is a false justice. It is something more easily created by the acts of savages than by all the well meaning saints the world over. But... you do not understand. You, like all others, are unenlightened, you live in your world of passion and ideal. Of pain and pleasure. Of tragedy and comedy. But that world... is a ghost faintly dancing across the stage of your mind."

"Ahh... but where are my manners? I am Isaiah and that is all I am. But one name among many."

ELR
06-18-2009, 08:17 PM
She let out her breath that seemed to be gagging her slightly. "I might not be the strongest, I now I'm not the strongest. I might not last much longer, but the last I can do is try." She closed her eyes and looked down onto the ground. "Like when my forest was attacked, the only thing we could do was try to run. Millions of us lost in the fight to protect what we cared for while the ones who would continue our future ran. Hope...." She shook her head. "Let's just say that it isn't strength that keeps me going, it is hope that pulls me towards my goal." She stared back up into Isaiah's soft tone face. "Don't you have hope, Isaiah?" Her voice coming out in a hush, her hands pulling behind her instead of having them a cross her chest or on her hips.

Luzifer
06-18-2009, 09:47 PM
Again she started emphasizing that she was the strongest, and Isaiah wondered if she truly understood what he meant. But he sighed... he was used to people finding his ways inscrutable. He nodded along to her story about her home being destroyed. He had no sympathy to offer her, such a story was all too common, in fact if not for the fact the girl mentioned "millions" rather than "thousands" or "hundreds" it would have bordered on the pedestrian. Isaiah had traveled, he had studied gaudy pleasure, but also humble suffering. The refuge, the baron, the king, the thug. None were beyond the scope of Isaiah inquiry, none escaped his gaze. And in that time, he had studied such situations as this fae's as one might study a book or a dead frog. After all... "Lives are nothing, Life is everything." he said with cold, grinning certainty.

"Draw whatever meaningless distinctions you will, everything you say is the but a pretty visage. Everyone has hope. To say you are some how different because you are motivated by it, is a statement of raw ignorance. However, if perhaps you mean to say you manner of hope is different. That you have different goals... that may be true. I have no doubt that my desires and your are of wildly different types. In fact, it is all but assured. But of course, like all people I have my own hopes and ambitions. But sadly, I cannot divulge them to someone so unenlightened as you. Nothing personal, I have yet to meet someone who would understand the will of Natural Law. This world is too concerned with hierarchies, nations, lands, and other frivolties of society. Things put in place to limit without reason."

ELR
06-18-2009, 10:18 PM
She flinched from his words. "That is fine then." She turned towards where the mountains should be. "I guess I shall leave you to what you have to do then." She started walking away, something was still itching her about the way he emphasised his words, making them feel more like a threat. She feared him, but she didn't want to show it at all. Out of the blue, she stopped and turned back around. "And I do hope you do find someone who would understand what you mean then." She smiled and continued on her way.

janajee
06-19-2009, 03:20 AM

SEAN'S POV

As soon as they felt our presence, they suddenly went on this whole defensive position thing, as if I'm some dangerous creature. As if. I'm not dangerous. Well, only when I feel like it and it's not all the time...

Aww, and they seemed so friendly...

"Worry not citizens, I bring you no harm," Oh I do love speaking like I'm from a different planet, "I only came here with my Sassy to drink from the river. We shan't disturb, whatever it you're doing" I say with a pointed look.

I drag Sassy nearer to the water, and I get my own sip of water. I then sit down and watch the fish swimming past the water, silently wondering if they're going to say anything.

I send the mental signals, willing the other two to speak, but offering nothing to them in return.

Valkarma
06-19-2009, 07:18 AM
Jace relaxed completely. The elves were a strange race that he didn't fully understand yet. He had only known one other elf once. She stood out unlike the one before him. A strange race they were. Each with some kind of trait from where they came from. He couldn't remember the other ones trait. But she had been weak and Jace could remember covering his eyes too avoid seeing what they did to her. Snapping back to reality he turned to the pale elf next to him.
"Calm down." Was the only words he said. But he put power behind them. Like a command but from someone who more friend them commander. Jace hoped the boy would listen.

Slowly Jace walked over to the two elves. He looked at them both. He was surprisingly tall to them. The youngest must had been old at all. Her aura not yet fully developed. She could be influenced. However the other aura flowed and changed yet it wasn't the one he looked for. Jace missed having an aura. But something that had died, even once, can never have an aura ever again. Jace paused not far from them. He smiled a creepy smiled caused by the stiches across his cheeks.
"Would you care to eat with us?" It was a simple and blunt question. But Jace wanted to know more about these two. Something was different about them.

-----------------

Lady sin sipped on some wine that was poured out for her. A servent laid out a rich platter for them both and she picked at the roast boar. It wasn't something she would normally eat. But would she normally eat? Only really in the presence of others. She smiled though, as if enjoying it. However she let Rinn enjoy herself. The girl had peaked her interest.
"Her father interests me. I may have knew him at one time." Lord Wick spoke within her mind.
"It would be usful if you could remember more then." She added.
"I can only try." Lord Wick replied.
Lady Sin turned her attention back to the girl. Watching her eat was amusing enough at times since she seemed almost unsure what to eat. Had she really not lived like this?
"So young girl. Your father sounds like an interesting person. Tell me more about him." She took a bite of some roast. She was now interested in what this birthright was. It could be something worth having. "Maybe I could help you with this Game?"

Nespa
06-19-2009, 09:46 AM
Sastina giggled when Sean dragged her to the river and drank her fill when a fish came very close. She seemed mesmerized by it and reached and swiped for it only to miss frowning she leaned a little more forwards made grab at another one and lost her balance "eeep!" and fell in the water with a splash. she sat on her knee's and shook her head while being soaked from head to toe and giggled "i bathed yesterday" she splashed some water in sean's direction hoping he would play with her when the other elf asked if they wished to eat with him and his companiong

janajee
06-19-2009, 08:40 PM

SEAN'S POV

As Sassy makes an utter fool of herself and plays with the water, I just smile the patronizing smile of an owner with a playful pet. What a cute little Sassy she is.

"Would you care to eat with us?"

Would I care to eat with them?

I stare at Sassy playing and think it over.

Slowly I turn to face the weirdo, and his elf, and look at the fire. Well since this... couple seem to cook their own food, I might just grace them with my presence.

"Come Sassy, we shall dine with these fine citizens" I say to my pet before turning to the tall one, "My pet and I, thank you"

After which, I quietly move closer to the fire.

I have no plans yet, but it seems traveling in a group might be fun. But I don't plan on being a team player, except when the one that benefits is myself.

I smile as I bring out my uneaten bunny dinner from earlier and place it near the flame to reheat.

Yum.

Princely Dreaming Doll
06-19-2009, 08:47 PM
Efrin stared at the new member and smiled.
"My name is Efrin," he said, "And your name is what sir?"
Efrin felt uncomfortable only because he didn't give off the vibe of malicious intent like this fellow. He felt sort out of place as light hurt his eyes and the heat made his skin burn.

ELR
06-19-2009, 08:56 PM
*delete*

Nespa
06-20-2009, 03:44 AM
Sastina climbed out of the river and shook her head to get the water out of her hair and sat by the fire. Her clothes were soaked but she seemed not bothered by it. suddenly she yawned and laid sideways curling herself up, the fire was warm and she felt kinda tired because of the few busy hours of exploring she did.

i_say_sabotage
06-21-2009, 09:11 AM
"Well, my father's name is Reginald Lagus and he's the best hunter in the world he says. He carries a Barong around. You know? That weird huge sword? He used to carry me around that but I got too heavy."

"He's got dark hair and blue eyes and kinda tall... But now that we're playing hide and seek, he'd probably change what he looks like."

"And the birthright..." Rinn bit her lip thoughtfully. "I don't really know what it is."

There were some moments od silence but Rinn started eating noisily again and didn't really mind looking at how Lady Sin reacted. "Oruru, you should try some of this out, I can practically taste the herbs in here." Rinn chewed on a chicken leg ecstatically. "The next time we hunt, I'll use them to make the food taste better."

"Rinn, the Lady Sin is not to be trusted. Not the Grief Rulers." He whispered. "I'm worried that you'll be following into your fathers mistake..." Oruru sighed. "Oh... Nevermind. Like father like daughter."

Rinn shrugged. "Don't worry bout it, Oruru. We'll find Father. I'm pretty good at hide and seek."

"You... That's not what I meant." Oruru retorted grumpily.

Rinn helped herself to some olives. "Besides, the Queen is nice. She speaks really nicely to me. Although she does smell weird..."

"You smell weird too." Oruru pointed out.

Rinn did. The dried-off blood of the Sandshark was smelly and amazingly gruesome on skin. Rinn felt itchy.

"Lady Sin, I'm full now... But I need a bath! Inns have personalized baths right?" Rinn turned her gaze on the chubby little inn keeper and pinched his cheeks like they were made of rubber. "Mr. Inn-keeper sir! Thanks for the meal. You're great! but now I'd like a bath!"

She laughed aloud and mangled the poor man's round face by pulling it in several directions.

Valkarma
06-21-2009, 10:14 AM
Jace watched the elf walk with them back to the fire. The younger one was being ignored and left to do as it pleased. That wasn't something that would do it any good. Jace didn't like the feel from the older elf nor the way he talked. It never made sense. As he walked along side with it to the fire he rested a hand on his shoulder and leaned in to whisper to him.
"You should stop with such fake words. No one forces you to be here just as no one forces you to exist. Everything is a choice. I suggest while your near me you make the right ones. Ok?"

Jace then continued and sat by the fire. He carefully pulled off a fish and began eating it. He watched the young one curl up by the fire like a pet and fall asleep. It wasn't right that she would be treated like that. He didn't know how he knew but a part of him did. He didn't say anything though and prefered the silence over a conversation.

------------------

Lady Sin patience was pushed a little when she couldn't learn any more from the girl. The girl wasn't greedy and was taking all this with time on her side and being thankful for the food. But Lady Sin didn't want to wait. She took another sip of wine and paused.
"Lagus is a name I remember." Lord Wick spoke.
"And?"
"Well he was a hunter for hire. The best there was. He was faithful and skilled."
"Nothing new?" lady Sin replied in annoyance.
"No, he disappeared after failing one mission. I believe his pride was broken by it. However I never knew he had a daughter or was with someone. Interesting?"
"Indeed." Lady sin thought. She took another drink and eat a slice of fruit. She pondered over what to do.

As Rinn began to bug the travern keeper, Lady Sin growled in annoyance. The Keeper said he would arrange a bath for the girl,
"One for me to join too." Lady Sin added. He bowed and disappered to sort it all out. Lady sin stood up and laided down her cup.
"Shall we prepare ourselves then young Rinn? We can continue our conversation in the privacy of the baths."

Princely Dreaming Doll
06-21-2009, 10:55 AM
Efrin watched as each began to eat. He was hungry himself, but did nothing. The new elf scared Efrin and it's partner scared him as well, but not in the creepy sense. In another sense. Efrin didn't like them. His blood told him not to trust them.

Tetsanosuke
06-21-2009, 02:47 PM
"Well, miss faith-filled leader," He'd start with what seemed like a failed attempt at sarcastic humor, "Why don't you lead the way?"

He was never one to be slothful, and at the same time he was never one to always be at haste. Balance was his nature, and it was his scale. He decided on his actions in what seemed like a large, complex, microcosm of thoughts and ideas, concepts and bits of character. His ideals were his nature and vice-versa, and as such he wouldn't wish an extreme to arise.

But as any notion of balance may be kept, at times the balance tips in a direction. It just so happens that 'their' goal would tip him towards getting on the move. It was already late morning by this time- which brought the dragon's eyes around the forest in a leering scan. He made sure they weren't watched or followed, at least to the best of his ability. His ability which was indeed much more then the average humanoid being.

"You wish to walk, or shall we fly on my wings?"

OOC: Limited control of Grey to you Blackwick, in order to get a mosey. If you choose to fly then note Grey turning into his true form, if not, just talk about the direction of their travels and whatever else you'd post about it

Luzifer
06-21-2009, 03:24 PM
She flinched from his words. "That is fine then." She turned towards where the mountains should be. "I guess I shall leave you to what you have to do then." She started walking away, something was still itching her about the way he emphasised his words, making them feel more like a threat. She feared him, but she didn't want to show it at all. Out of the blue, she stopped and turned back around. "And I do hope you do find someone who would understand what you mean then." She smiled and continued on her way.

"Hey wait!" he said following after her, "Your not very smart are you. Hearts can make up for some things, but blind stupidity isn't one of them. Do you honestly think you can survive out here without someone who knows the land and can cover you tiny little head if it gets in trouble? I sure hope not. But... I'm about as harmless a person as you will find here... and I'm about the only one who will help you without demanding an arm and a leg in return. So why don't you stop your pointless fluttering and stay with me."

ELR
06-21-2009, 10:36 PM
She stopped and turned around. His eyes seemed to flash different emotions but none of them seemed to stay very long. 'He was debating himself', she thought. Rein cocked her head to the right, the smile gone from her face, her arms behind her back. "I haven't had help from anyone, that would be nice, are you sure I wont be a burden to you?"

"FLY!?" Her eyes began to grow huge. "I don't do very well with heights...." She looked down in embarrassment. "Do you think it might be faster if we end up flyin? If so, can I hide my face that way I don't look?" She walked up beside him, looking up into his face, feeling his nerves twisting back and forth, like if he had two sides fighting each other for control.He turned his head towards he and opened his mouth, the answer he was going to give in his eyes. "Okay." He saw in his eyes the answer before he could say it. "Flying it is." Her face went red and he began to morph, bones popping, muscles ripping and reattaching themselves, the skin beginning to dry up and to grow scales. The noises around the forest seemed to become very loud, she had to cover her ears so she couldn't listen to screeching noises that seemed to come from everywhere.

Luzifer
06-22-2009, 01:47 AM
Isaiah shrugged in response to her question, "Burden... not a burden... I don't know. Just think about it this way... the worst that can happen is we both die. That's not that bad." Isaiah said this with a straight face and in all seriousness... he wasn't bothered by the proposition of dying in the slightest. It would happen eventually, sooner rather than later, and stressing over it wasn't going to make it go away. The way he saw it, it was only proper to fear the things he could change... fearing the inevitable never brought about a solution, so why do it? The eternal question.

janajee
06-22-2009, 06:34 PM

SEAN'S POV

I turn to the... Efrin, and smile.

"Efrin is it? The name that was given to me was Sean, and I know not what was my name before that. I'm not particularly fond of my name, but it's the only name I've got."

As I finished introducing myself to the snow elf, the covered guy suddenly places his hand on my shoulder and whispers into my ear, and it tickles me.

"You should stop with such fake words. No one forces you to be here just as no one forces you to exist. Everything is a choice. I suggest while your near me you make the right ones. Ok?"

Why... I do believe this tall weirdo is trying to threaten me. I chuckle as he leans away and sits opposite me, and quietly eats his cooked fish. I am going to like this guy. Not only does he like cooked food, but he also seems to be smart. A characteristic that I haven't been surrounded in, in a very very long time.

"Fake or not, I choose to be here" I whisper, knowing he would hear, "I'm a selfish creature, so everything is usually about me. Even Sassy is here because of me. So when the time comes that I choose it, Sassy and I will be on our way"

I walk over to Sassy and place her head on my lap. Petting her like my own personal cat, noticing that it somewhat disturbs the covered guy and the snow elf. I chuckle yet again.

I give him my bestest fakest smile that I could muster.

"Would you like some rabbit, good sir?"

ELR
06-22-2009, 10:08 PM
OOC: I hope you guys (jj, PD, and Val) know the sun is up, are you still making it as if it was night time on purpose?

His words seemed real enough to her, he didn't fear to die, he seemed lonely a little and still scary. "How old are you?" She sat down, crossing her legs, leaning back on her hands, and stared up at Isaiah. "And why are you out in the world that seems to have changed so much?"

Luzifer
06-22-2009, 10:25 PM
"How old am I?" Isaiah asked, slightly taken by surprise by the banal nature of the question... "I don't know... Its been a long time since it was an issue but... I don't know... 20ish? That sounds about right. As to the other question... well... why wouldn't I be out here? You can't learn things by sitting in a cloister, as much as I wish one could. So I have to leave and travel... besides... my family wasn't exactly my type. To down-to-earth for my tastes, not that I don't respect that. They have their way, which has paid off pretty well for them, but I have more important things to do than stab people in the back."

ELR
06-23-2009, 12:45 AM
"Very young. I see." She looked down into her lap, she realized why he seemed slightly scary and why he seemed so lonely. "Dishonorable they are then." She sighed out her breath like if it hurt, then shook her head. "Yes, agreed with you, plus if you were a cloister then you would be eaten sooner or later." The smile that seemed to have been on her face slowly disolved. "Which means..." She didn't finish her sentence, she knew what that meant. Confused and dazed she looked up into his face once more, trying to see inside of him but not being able to see past his plastered face. "Where do you stand in this world?" She asked bluntly.

i_say_sabotage
06-23-2009, 09:18 AM
Rinn hummed and skipped in a wonderful mood to get ready for the bath. She disappeared in the hallway, a maidservant was showing her the way to the rich marble baths. Oruru jumped down from Rinn's head and as he did so, his tiny paws fell on the ground as human limbs. His body transformed into a lean, muscular man with long silver hair and yellow eyes. Heavy red markings lidded his eyes and face, his claws were sharp and his ears were still that of a wolf. A long silver tail swished around his now-human legs. His face was strong and handsome, with high cheekbones and well-defined chin. His fangs showed under his teeth.

Oruru faced the queen as he stood up, bowing his head lightly. "I thought that maybe a human form is more fitting to talk to the Queen of Grief. Somehow, I knew you weren't going to take me seriously if I was in animal form."

Rinn disappeared to the baths and could be heard calling round the corner. "Lady Sin! Lady Sin! Come in into the baths now!! The water's great!"

Oruru stole a glance at the direction of Rinn's voice. "She may be innocent, but I am not, Lady Sin. You are powerful, but I do possess more knowledge that you think. You will not rid of me that easily. Still, I care not for the fate of the Lands of Peace or Grief. I do not wish to meddle in affairs of the Ancients. I have no inclination to save the world or even stop you. My only concern is Rinn. My only goal is to protect her. I get stronger as she gets stronger." Oruru closed his eyes calmly. "But if Rinn's father knew she is getting attached to one of the Rulers of Grief herself, he will never give Rinn her birthright. This is something you might want to consider."

(OOC: relatively a fluff post ehehe)

Nespa
06-23-2009, 09:38 AM
Sastina mumbled a bit "no grandpa i don't want to weed the garden" when sean lifted her head in his lap, the warmth was comforatable and she ajdusted a bit. She curled up a little more and grabbed sean's shirt hem lightly clearly to far gone to notice the tension between the males.

Valkarma
06-23-2009, 12:20 PM
(OOC: Envious Little Rose I know it's day time. If you check my earlier posts I mention it to be day. The fire was to cook the fish. I think Janajee is the only one behind slightly.)

"Your fake smile sickens me." Jace spoke outloud to Sean. He grew more annoyed at the boy and hated him more. It was becuase of beings liek him that he had to suffer. It was because of them they all suffered. His fists gripped hard. But he relaxed himself before eating another fish. However his eyes never left Sean.
"I will not touch your rabbit." he told him. "I may catch whatever taint you carry." His glare was clear towards the elf. He finished his fish and cupped his hands together to lean his head on them and look at the elf with more concentration. The rage he felt was like that towards his captors. This elf stunk of corruptness and he wanted to destroy it.

-----------------

Lady Sin watched with interest as the dog transformed into a more human form. She smiled fiendishly as he did so. He was quite amazing. She listened to him intently. Slowly she leaned in closer to him. She pressed herself quite close to him and smiled.
"My, my. I didn't expect this." She smiled again and ran a finger across his chest. "You are quite interesting ain't you. It looks like you know so much already. I guess it's hard to hide something from you." She leaned up closer to him so he could smell her perfume. "Then let me say this sweety." She began making a circle with her finger on his chest. She pressed lightly and teasingly. Her voice became light and seductive. "The girl is free to make any choice she wants. That includes anything concerning me." Suddenly she stepped back away from him, regained her poise and her voice returned to normal. "So you just be a good doggy and stay your distance and everything will be fine. I'm sure my husband will have something to say to you when he appears." She laughed, gave a little twirl and walked off to get into the baths with Rinn. Before which she gave a sneaky smile to Oruru and winked.

Luzifer
06-23-2009, 12:47 PM
Isaiah looked at her oddly, "Where do I stand? What an odd question... I'm not entirely sure a complete understand your meaning. If you could elaborate or perhaps be more blunt than some idiom I might be able to furnish you with a suitable answer but as it stands you have me completely at a loss." She seemed to be going through a lot of different emotions, seemingly at random intervals, and Isaiah wasn't certain what to make of it all. He wished that if she was going to be emotional she could be emotional with a certain degree of poetic simplicity but that seemed beyond her means.

ELR
06-23-2009, 06:01 PM
OOC: lol, Thank you Val, I understand, just wanted to clear it up since all three of you seem to be having a conversation.

Rein shook her head, clearing all the confusion in her head. "I'm sorry, sometimes I just ask without finishing my thought. I may not be poetic, nor am I very strong, but I am open to those around me and try to make since. It must be my old age." She looked up into the brightening sky. Birds were beginning to awaken and fly off. "What I'm trying to say your parents must be origanlly from the land of sin, but what I'm trying to ask is do you follow in their foot steps? Or do you make your own path?" She allowed her eyes to shut softly and to breath in the light itself. "Thirsty?" She reached into her side pack and took out her small canteen and sipped on it slightly.

Luzifer
06-23-2009, 06:39 PM
Isaiah's eyebrow rose... "Do I follow someone's footsteps? That seems to me... and pardon my... bluntness... but I grew up in a rich family so I'm trained to see these things but... that seems to me like a nice way of asking if I'm going to kill you. You're vetting me....aren't you" a slow steady smile crept over his face as he spoke. This was unpleasant, in a familiar way, but somewhat satisfying in the same way. He leaned back folding his fingers together, getting himself nice and comfortable. "Well I'll play ball. This is my country... these are my people... these are human beings that have a way of life... a way of life I believe in. We believe, albeit implicitly rather than explicitly, in what you might call Natural Law. The same law that dictates the rise and fall of animal species and life itself. That the strong live until they are devoured and crushed by the stronger. That the old gives way to the new, and that anything that prevents this... is a movement towards a dead state. I believe in this... I have studied this. And I have stand before you with the Natural Law as my only superior. I have no king... I have no god... only my people and my Law. That is the path I walk... and no... I'm not thirsty... I find the saliva I build while talking for long period very refreshing."

janajee
06-23-2009, 07:29 PM
Status: Daytime (OBVIOUSLY, Lol. Hahah Sorry for any inconvenience caused by my inability to focus)

"Your fake smile sickens me."

I almost laugh at this weirdo's hostility. He is obviously the type to live for other people. One of those goody-good people who probably has been in pain for most of his life and now he can't even let himself have fun every now and then.

"I will not touch your rabbit. I may catch whatever taint you carry."

This time I couldn't help myself. I laugh out loud, though not loud enough as to bother my pretty pet's slumber. It is really funny to actually find one of these creatures. Creatures that care about tainting and evil and having nothing to do with it. If I had been raised differently, if I had been with my original family, I wonder if I would have been as... amusing as this weirdo.

"My smile maybe fake in a sense of its offer of camaraderie, but when it comes to amusement, my smile is quite genuine," I say with another smile that reaches my ears, "I haven't had this much fun in so long. I can literally feel the waves of hatred you already have for me and may I just ask, what is your problem? I may be selfish, but have I done you any harm? I believe I've been nothing but pleasant to you and your... Efrin. In fact if I remember, it was you who invited us to dine with you."

I let my smile dissolve away and for the first time, I no longer hide the complete malice and selfishness in my eyes, letting it completely seep into my aura, knowing that these two can see the blackness of it.

"If you refuse to play nice, leaving will be as simple as that for me and Sassy"

I cuddle Sassy, letting her dream of beautiful things, as my aura and eyes return to a slightly friendly glow.

ELR
06-23-2009, 10:29 PM
OOC: I am sad to inform that Ria said she quit. ;-;

Harsh words that chilled her bones. "I see." She whispered out. Not as bad as she thought it was be, and he saw right through her nice words. She closed up her canteen and placed it away, leaning back once more. "Alright, no rain then." She smirked at her own joke that made no since. "Fear is good at times, and yes, I do fear you. I fear a lot of things, being small can make one grow with less safty fellings than being your height. Showing a side that makes another think is better than showing you fear and allowing others to trample all over you." She stood up, her wings finally feeling better. "You do remember what I am doing, right? I asked you earlier." She turned back towards the mountians and began flapping her way up into the air, about the height of his nose.

Adelaide got eaten by the snake and died!

i_say_sabotage
06-24-2009, 10:09 AM
Oruru grunted as Lady Sin walked away from him. He was tense the whole time, especially when Lady Sin went too close their faces almost touched.

"Women.." Oruru sighed. "They might be different species but they're all crazy." he scratched his head.

Still, what was Rinn talking about when he said Lady Sin smelled weird? Of course she smelled weird. Underneath her heady perfume was a scent Oruru couldn't quite pick out. He also wondered when Lady Sin said Lord Wick would "appear". It wasnt a word you'd normally call on a person.

Hm.. but who was he to know about the lifestyle of the Grief Aristocrats?

Oruru felt suddenly worried leaving Rinn alone with the Lady Sin in the baths... but he couldn't just barge in or maybe even change into an inconspicuous animal to keep an eye on them.

That would be.. peeping.

Oruru scratched his head again and swiped off an empty bone from the platter of rich food. He gnawed on the bone pensively. He tends to chew on something when he's in deep thought. What was he going to do now? What a predicament running into the Grief rulers.. Should he stay with Rinn or plan an escape?

The servants in the tavern stared at the wolf-man gnawing at the bones noisily. His tail was swishing from right to left in a wayward manner.

"And what are you looking at?" Oruru snapped at them while the bones were still in his mouth. They left petrified, shuffling away from him.

Tetsanosuke
06-24-2009, 03:03 PM
The noise that was made in THAT particular transformation were willed by him, as a sort of awkward gesture of humor that brought a tad bit of amusement to Grey. Normally his transformations were much more gracefully and smooth- but this time he has a sibling to gross out, and a part of him enjoyed the idea. A rather small part at that.

They took to the sky though, high above the clouds even. There wasn't much to the ascension for him, but his sister might've felt the upward motion with... Less ease. A reign seemed to slide from his scales into existence through Grey's magic, the leather was made from the creation of his own natural flesh. Dried and taunt, it offered Ado a place to grasp onto and hold for support as them flew. The reigns only seemed attacked to his backside were Ado sat, from right under his scales.

They flew through the sky with sublime grace, passing time as they would pass into and through clouds so white and fluffy. The azure sky blanketed the eternal stretch of air which they soared through. By mental link Grey spoke to his sister as they'd lazily swim through the air, his blue-black leathery wings spread out wide- barely needing to flap;

"... Well, I wonder where we should go.."

Valkarma
06-24-2009, 03:30 PM
A grin extended up Jace's face. He stepped up slowly. A glance of madness flashed his eyes and for a moment he felt alive. The black corrupt feeling Sean gave off was so like theirs. He could crush it now. Destroy all of it. Just like he did theirs. It was strange feeling. No aura of bloodlust, no aura of hate. No aura. But then the dead had no aura did they? Then it faded from Sean and so did that feeling of his. His auraless body fell limp again.
"Consider yourself lucky." Jace said as he stretched his arms. "If that aura of yours had kept up any long I would have killed you. Shame though. It would have been a waste of life. Life is life, regardless, and those lucky enough to have it have it."
He picked up his head band and fixed up his hair before placing it back on. Now all but the strip that contained his eyes was covered. He looked back at the few people he had met this day. Then wondered.
"Time calls you. Maybe at another point we can meet again, elf with a fake smile. I pray the young one doesn't gain your corruption." Then he walked off heading out away from the forest.

----------------------

"Rinny!!" Lady Sin jumped her from behind and wrapped her arms around her. "Been waiting long Rinny dear." She said with such a childish voice. She had her towel wrapped around her and had been waiting on surprising Rinn as she appeared.
"Your guardian friend is a bit of a grump don't you think. He is always so serious all the time. He needs to lighten up." She smiled and skipped ahead into the bath. She left the towel on the side and slipped in. The bath water was warm. She waved her hand to Rinn.
"Come on dear the water is hot. Relax. I've decided to see about helping you find your dad. In this little game of hide and seek. But I need to talk to my dear husband tonight first. But that can wait. We are sleepying here tonight. So relax and enjoy yourself."

Luzifer
06-24-2009, 06:36 PM
Isaiah smiled with dark innocence, " You don't need to fear me. I won't hurt you unless you make me hurt you. I'm not like other people of the Land of Grief... I have caution and intellect. I won't snuff out a candle on a whim." Reins fluttering form amused Isaiah a moment before he continued, "Yes I recall... you want to bring balance to the lands of Grief and Peace. A silly thought... you are attempting to bring balance to a wave. The balance does not lie in a moment but over a period of time. Not in an instant but in a cycle. Let me explain. Natural law dictates that those with power do not stay in power because they will ineviably weaken and those who are oppressed will ineveitably gain power until th power relation switchs. Let me offer a diagram." He made the motion of a wave in the air. "See... we are in a state of flux between two poles. He pointed at the highest point of his imaginary wave. This is where we are now, the Land of Grief is in power. and this..." he pointed at the bottom of the wave "... is when the Land of Peace would be in power. Finally there is this... "he pointed to the center point..." this is where you want to be."

"But the problem with your position is that it is a path of Death. You see, the value of this point of the wave, is it is the point when the slope of the graph is at its highest point. If we were to calculate the limit of the power flux, at this point it would be at its most vital. But this property comes only because it is in a state of flux between two poles. If we remove that factor..." he made a line thorugh the midpoints on the wave.. "we create a flat line. And as you know the slope of a flat line is 0... there is no vitality... no growth. It is a path of death by the Natural law. Change would cease and both societies would remain frozen in a state unceasing sameness."

"You see... we are currently in the ideal state of the world... or at least... a wave is more Ideal than the lack of it. Its possible that the climaxes of the wave could be increased... or perhaps a three dimensional wave with more factors might be better... but the point is. Among the factors we currently have access to... a wave is about as good as our world can manage. The Land of Grief will not long remain in power... In fact... I suspect that peace will over throw the bonds of Grief within the year. Such is the Natural Law."

janajee
06-24-2009, 07:06 PM

SEAN'S POV

This guy may not have an aura, but that doesn't mean he isn't quite expressive with his feelings. Pissing him off has seriously made my day. It really is quite a funny event.

"Consider yourself lucky. If that aura of yours had kept up any long I would have killed you. Shame though. It would have been a waste of life. Life is life, regardless, and those lucky enough to have it have it."

And you're such a riot. As if you can make me leave this planet until I willed it. I die when I want to. I will not be forced to die unless it is my time and unless I want to, and being an elf that is going to be quite a while. Though I am not a fool as to think that I have a control over my death, and when it will come, but I can be sure that when it's my time to go, I'm going to make it spectacular. I'm thinking music, lights, and whole lot of explosion.

Death by the hands of this weirdo is not spectacular.

"Time calls you. Maybe at another point we can meet again, elf with a fake smile. I pray the young one doesn't gain your corruption."

I wave at his retreating back and shout.

"Sassy would have loved to have gotten to know you better," knowing that it would sicken him a bit more I add, "Maybe it would have made her a better person."

I look at his elven friend.

"Well Efrin, I'd honestly hate to do this, but we'll be leaving you to your fishes. For me and Sassy, we shall be on our way"

I gently wake Sassy up, and indicate to her that we will be on our way. I had enjoyed myself in this encounter, and I do pray that every encounter would be as fun as this. I should have killed off my "clan" and went on an adventure earlier.

"Bye, bye now."

I wave as Sassy and I walk in the opposite direction from that weirdo.

ELR
06-24-2009, 10:31 PM
OOC: Since PD is not here at the moment, I shall be posting for him until he gets back.

He waves at them as they take their leave and turns his attention back to the campsite.

She was shocked at how he seemed to put everything in a basic yet complicated measurement of the law which he spoke of. "I know that is how things seemed to be headed but if what the queen and king of the origanial Land of Peace was true then soon three people would come to help us, more specifically, three animals. No idea how animals will help but I trust the legends. And I'd rather fear than feel too comfortable and end up dieing without a chance." Her face went flat, she didn't feel much pride in her own words, she was blabbering about nothing this whole time and felt stupid for doing so.

"Would you except the world if it changed like you said it would?" She crossed her arms across her chest, her legs dangled more than before. "I don't know if I can except it if the Land of Peace took control of the whole world."

She tucked her arms in the handle peice that seemed to have appeared and closed her eyes shut tightly. "I hope you know how to fly correctly... because if it was anything like your tranformation then I am going to worry.

She thought of the places near Sorrow Woods and thought deeply. "We shouldn't go near Sin Castle, at least not yet. But how about that town that way?" She nudged her hand on his wing to show which direction she was talking about. "I'm pretty sure that it is like a market place or something like that." She lowered her head into her hands which tightened against the reins. "About a mile before getting there we should lower and walk, alright?"

Luzifer
06-24-2009, 10:51 PM
"Oh your King and Queen exist... just as much as my King and Queen do... and I wouldn't be surprised if those animals existed too. But you see I... " he paused... and then stopped... "Well, my point is... whatever the means. The land of Peace will regain power and vanquish my land and my people. The land of Peace will eclipse us in power, much as we currently do your land. I accept this... I accept it because it is inevitable. I don't mind... I wouldn't mind if my brother and sister, mother and father, uncle aunt, and a few friends had been killed by the Land of Peace instead of by the petty family squabbles that took their lives. It wouldn't bother me because that is the way of the world. Power must be earned by effort... and once power it is gained... it is lost. This is the way of the world."

ELR
06-24-2009, 11:13 PM
She stopped and turned around, his face several human inches away from herself. "Not everyone deserves to die though." She turned back around and began flying once more. "Even if it is what you say it is. Some people do deserve a chance." The day before and the night that had followed was creeping up on her, she knew she had to find a place to stay soon or she might end up falling from tiredness instead of wings in pain. "Do you happen to know if there is a town near by?"

Luzifer
06-25-2009, 12:44 AM
"Everyone gets a chance... in fact... I before everyone else believes that... I believe all people should have a chance to grasp power and everyone should be born equal. Which is why I hate..." again he stopped himself... "which is why I hate stagnation. In a flux any barrier will be torn down eventually... the poor shall become rich and the rich poor again. So it shall be. It is only when there is peace are people oppressed. Order... favors the rich... it favors those who already have to power. Chaos... favors none... it acts as a fickle, flighty thing... not unlike a faerie, such as yourself. Chaos... can bring down gods. Everyone deserves a chance... and in a natural states everyone gets one. It is only in a state of stagnation... in a state of peace... can you truly have no chance."

Isaiah sighed as he stood up, "Umm... I suppose there is one near by... honestly geography is not my strongest point... but I believe there might be something east of here. If you are tired you could sit on my shoulder or something. I do not mind over much."

Nespa
06-25-2009, 03:13 AM
Sastina rubbed her eyes when Sean woke her up and followed without qeustion, she waved at the other elf. Her clothes were no dry and she looked around skipping a bit. she had felt something strange during sleep like a dark shadow looming nearby but it dissapeared as soon as it appeared "where do we go next sean?" seh faintly wondert where the human boy went and why they left the elf behind but something told her it was unwise to ask that.

ELR
06-25-2009, 11:47 PM
"I.. see.." Rein sighed slightly and looked looked at him with a slight smile. "How would you be able to control power? One who doesn't understand it can be corrupted by it. That is why most people who are young and want power get destroyed by it first." She looked down in embarrassment. "Let us head that way then." She fastened her bag onto her waist and began fluttering east.

i_say_sabotage
06-26-2009, 10:04 AM
Rinn pouted like a kid when Lady Sin called her 'Rinny'.

"Don't you think I'm a little bit old for baby talk?" She stuck out her tongue and laughed. "Lady Sin is so weird! Hahaha!" Although Rinn was aware the queen was treating her like a kid, she liked it. Father always wanted her to grow up. He was always so serious and calm and... grown-up. Oruru was really grumpy but the wolf always did spoil her like any godfather should. There were times Oruru and her father would argue because of this.

"Aw, Oruru's just like that cos he's ooo-old." Rinn shrugged, not really understanding what the word meant to this world or the next, "But I love him. He's my godfather and he's the best. He'd give the best part of his kill to me. He's my mum's half-brother too, you know, so he's also partly my uncle. 'Nyways, he's just a bit scroogy sometimes, but that's prolly because he's hungry hahaha."

As Rinn and Lady Sin prepared for the bath, Rinn's eyes widened in excitement as they stepped into the baths. It was large and spacious with pillars of sweet yellow marble decking the chamber. It was decorated with intricate designs plated with gold and silver. The water was warm. Just a hint of mint and flower essence filled the room. It felt like bathing in perfume. A small fountain poured out of mermaid-like statuettes, filling up a makeshift pool in the middle of the chamber.

Rinn flung the Sandshark head in a corner. She almost forgot she was wearing it. Then she made a dash for the pool. She jumped in, held her nose and shouted "CANNNOONBAALL!". Her body dunked into the water with a big splash.

"WEE!!" she cried, "Fun fun fun!! Hey Lady Sin! This is great!" Rinn cried ecstatically.

Outside, Oruru kept guard by the chamber doors, his ears perking up with every sound going on inside. The thick walls didn't prevent him from hearing anything less than a whisper, that was a relief. He sat down and concentrated, momentarily losing focus with every shout Rinn bellowed inside. "That girl.." he whispered in a huff. "Why the habit of screaming when she's happy?" He scratched his ear with a pinkie finger. "Well, that's a good thing about being human." he shrugged. "Easier to clean your ears with fingers rather than paws."

Luzifer
06-26-2009, 05:19 PM
"Thats slander... power isn't some evil force actively attempting to corrupt people who possess it. You possess it. Are you corrupted by the power you possess? You may claim it meager... but you have power. What about the your three animals? Your King and Queen of the Land of Peace? These people have been corrupted by power? WHAT ABOUT GOD?" he had his own opinions on the matter... but they fact they had been corrupted was not one of them. "Power is not evil. Power is not corrupting people, it doesn't destroy people. People are corrupt... we are mortal... people destroy themselves. Power is just a convenient excuse to justify mortal frailties... not a cause. Or maybe once people have power they realize they have attained the highest point of their lives and realize they have no where to go but down. So... they just speed up the process. There are many theories. But the point is... you don't control power... anymore you control gravity... its a force... its a law, not a commodity."

ELR
06-27-2009, 08:56 PM
She squeezes the top of her nose with her thumb and index finger. "Yes, I have been corrupted at times. When you have powers, when you can do things that doesn't make since, you feel like you should be able to own everything and do anything. And yes, people are just as corrupted as you say." She took in a deep breath. "You are still young, you will see what I mean if you ever aquire the knowledge then you shall know what I am talking about. And about our God." She turned around slowly and began flying backwards. "I do not question whether he is corrupted or not, he created all of this, if he is then we are all the same, if not then we are just mere puppets, toys, or maybe even just something for fun. I do not question his word." Her voice was gentle as she said this, but no smile on her face. "And the three animal? I have no idea what they are, or what they are specifically supposed to do. They might be perfect, they might just be normal animals, or they might be as corrupted as a lot of others are. I do not question that either." Rein turned around, holding in a yawn, and began flying forward once more. "Everything rises and falls at times, just like the waves."

Closing her eyes, she tried to focus on her train of thought. "And IF I am wrong about what I said then I must be getting senial then." Her head lolled down but never falling to sleep, her arms dropping and her wings sputtering to a stop. "You seem to talk about that law a lot, a law of perfection, a law that doesn't ever have any wrong turns with its answers, that tell what is going to happen and what is willed to happen. Is that something you learned as a spoutling?" Her feet touched the ground and she began walking, her wings sliding down to touch her back, her head up right once more, and her eyes opened again. The ground seemed slightly rough under feet but was familiar. "Would you question your stand in the world? Question whether you were a king or peasant? Rich or poor? If you are wrong or right?"

Tetsanosuke
06-27-2009, 09:22 PM
As rightfully though the large framed draconic form flew through the wisping winds and onwards to their destination. His sister was right about landng a little ways from the town, as to not alert any of the population of the presence of such a massive creature. Grey knew how fickle these people were, and to make a quick chunk of gold they'd try to barter off his skin... If they managed to take it from him at least.

So, the time went by, Grey gently descending as to not scare his ground-attuned sibling. When they landed, right over the hill nearby they could see the large marketplace in the land of greif. Though, Grey felt a little awkward looking in that direction- a snapping cold feeling of something wicked and familiar in the distance. Even so, there was no point in turning back. Speaking of the action though, his transformation was smooth this time, a gentle blue shell of light molded to his frame had slipped him into his humanoid form with graceful ease. Grey smirked at his sister when he did this, as his last transformation must've done something to 'gross' her out.

Amusements would have to come later, he supposed, and he'd look to his sister after adjusting his clothing and cloak billowing in the oncoming breeze. "Well, let us mosey."

With those words he started over the hill and towards the town, knowing his sister would surely follow. He was playing by her way, but that didn't mean his ways about it would be any different then usual, other then having a sister to be protective over.

Luzifer
06-28-2009, 06:52 PM
Isaiah sighed with a knowing smile... not even the slightest bit ruffled by her arguements. In fact... he was quite pleased. She had taken his bait and interpreted something they way he had wanted her to. He let his smile speak, and let his words whisper soft across his lips, "Oh? You think my youth denies me some knowledge... heh... you know... we humans deal with that... a lot. Because we die before your race gets out of grad school. You think that because you have vaults of experience that there is some wisdom only you will ever know. But... age does not always bring wisdom... some times old age comes alone. Do you know something scary? That the people with the greatest power did nothing to earn that power. You talk about power corrupting.. well... how corrupting is it when its handed to you on a plate. When you can take it for granted. We don't have those people in the land of grief. My family is powerful... but that didn't stop my parents from getting murdered when they made a mistake... it didn't stop their fall. People who think that power is a birth right don't live long in my hometown. Those who don't learn fast, learn from the grave. Everyone is given a chance. No one is given a guarantee."

"My law has made mistakes... but those mistakes don't last. Because its not a conscious entity! You keep talking like it is... that its perfect thats it have wrong turns with its answers. It doesn't give answers " His smile ached something... something deep... some injustice... some cry of soft waking fury. A sleeping seed... a tumbling moutain. "People give answers. All it is... is an algorithm, a mathematical tendency. A fate that is inscribed in human nature, in the nature OF nature. Impossible to break... because there is nothing to break. No shackle to toss of... no decree to shove your nose to. It is nothing... nothing at all... but it is everything you are. You have been shifted by it and you follow its currents without knowing it. Its a simple fact of life, like breathing. When something fails... because it was inferior... that is the Law. When a killer is brought to justice... that is the Law. When the laws of men are broken and reformed... that is the Law. When you cry... helpless at night... to some ill-ordained god and when you snatch only the sighs of starlight angels from the indifferent sky... that is the Law. There is no evil... there is no good... everything you are... or will be... is but a ripple in the rivers flow."

He closed his eyes... a gentle shudder rising from him, into a quaking grin, "Where do I stand? I am but a scholar... and therefore... I am the weakest of all creatures... but... with a little luck and a little thought... I could be as God. Even if I never get to benefit from it."

ELR
06-28-2009, 08:20 PM
The hair on the back of her neck began to rise as her brother landed on the ground and transformed, more gracefully than last time, to his human form. "Well, let us mosey." She followed with less ease, she was glad to be on the land once again but something was still off.

"Brother, do you feel that?" She steps in front of him, looking up into his wise face, he was hiding something behind his mask covered face. "You know what I'm talking about, don't you. The wind has turned down, they morning sky has darkened slightly, the earth seems to be trembling under our feet. Something isn't right over here." She closed her eyes and sniffed the air. "It smells awful as well." The hair became more stiff as she stood, trying to figure out what was making her hair arise.

Letting out a soft sigh, she looked on the ground and stayed quiet. Not worth arguing over things that might end up making things worse, she thought. As they walked silently, a wall began to appear from farther away. Her spirits were beginning to renew as her body pushed forward in her tired state.

Valkarma
06-29-2009, 06:15 AM
Walking through the wastes was something Jace had grown use to now. The memory of the elves he had met before linger on the edge of his mind. Though he worried for the young one. She would grow old and die were as he would keep going. It was his fate. Maybe she would enjoy a life with the fake elf. The thought wasn't comfiting but it was closure.

Time was all he would have now. He would travel on and hope he would find what he was looking for. Peace would be a good thing. But maybe it wasn't what he was looking for. What was he looking for? Hope and life were things you gave yourself not searched for. What was he looking for? death? maybe. His thoughts began to drift towards the release of death and he began oblivious to were he was going.

-----------------

Lady Sin shuddered for a moment. It wasn't the chill of the air. Nor the impact from the girls 'Cannonball'. No this was something else. Like standing before a judge. Something staring right into her back and challenging her right to exist. She shuddered again. But this time she sumerged herself more into the water to try and shake the feeling. She relaxed and breathed in the perfumes and the scents filling the baths.

"Rinn dear? Do you know were to start looking for your father?" She asked. The girls over exictment at the baths was annoying and she made sure to not show it on her face. But eevn with the nagging feeling of being watched from afar and the annoyance she caused she had to learn what this girl was capable of. She could be put to use finding what Lady Sin needed.

Luzifer
07-01-2009, 04:24 AM
Isaiah sighed at Rein's lack of response, "nobody likes a scholar...'' he observed quietly to himself as he followed behind, like some retainer. His eyes looked around for nothing in particular, rolling over everything with equal reverence, and equal tedium.

ELR
07-01-2009, 02:30 PM
"It isn't that, Isaiah." She intook a deep breath an exhaled it quickly. "It is just that I'm fighting my own thoughts at the moment." She stopped and closed her eyes. "Doesn't help being tired, there are two reasons why I wanted to go to town, it isn't just to sleep, it is so I can restock on my herbs." She headed once more, wondering why he thought no one liked scholars.

Tetsanosuke
07-01-2009, 06:25 PM
His sister was right, but they had marked their destination all that time back. It made him wonder what exactly was ahead, and as the logic rolled it started to fail him. When logic fails, one must go beyond logic, and let go of it. As Grey would breathe deeply, his eyes would close- his form stopping while his sister stepped in front of him. A few moments of the afternoon breeze brought him a bit more strength, his iron facade still showing nothing- though he knew she could see past it.

"Yes, there is something ahead... " He said grimly, his eyes narrowing past his sister as his body seemed to emanate a powerful aura. His right arm jaunted slightly as it seemed like his bones were preparing themselves. Perhaps he'd have to unleash his blade, perhaps not. But the emotion filled him like water into a clay jug- only half was murky, the other half crystal clear.

"Even so, if it is so evil, or even, unjust- then it would be our duty to banish it- would it not" His right hand came to his sister's shoulder, his eyes narrowing into a gentle blue glow. "Or at least, oust it for the slightest while, and if we can, permanently exile it."

With those words he'd move himself in front of his sister, his hand gliding from her right shoulder and off- his eyes honing in, and focusing on the market ahead. Perhaps there would be something there, perhaps his insticts are right of target. But a part of him wished it was his groggyness still playing with his senses.

"Let's not waste time, but let us approach cautiously at the very least." He said as he started towards the market again, hoping his sister would at least see him that far.

ELR
07-01-2009, 09:31 PM
She jogged towards him, "I can't allow you to lead, if there is danger, I shant allow it to harm you." She stepped in front of her brother but continued to walk instead of stopping in front of him once again. "I know I'm younger and all but I am the protector of the family. If there is harm and they have to be vanquished, I shall be doing so that way you shall not be harmed." She hid her fear of what trouble and danger it could be, she didn't want him to know what her thoughts were going through her, so she went blank. "Cautiously."

i_say_sabotage
07-03-2009, 12:38 PM
Rinn splashed in the water and made different sizes of hand bubbles.

"Uhm, looking for Father is really meticulous. The last time I did, it took me about three years." Rinn thought, not remembering she already said that earlier. "During the first few months, I get some money and buy provisions, Like armor, cloaks, weapons. They get discarded along the way cos Father makes sure the way to find him is the hardest possible. I mean, he could just be in the hut all along, but he'd "lead" me to circle the world first and end up in the hut again.

"The next thing I do after the provisions is meditate. Think of a plan, think of the things he left behind, observe the winds. Then I seek a wise man or an Elf. Elves know the way around the world better than any being. They lead me somewhere until I find something my father left as a task. The task may be to help out on a job, hunt an animal, retrieve an object... Stuff like that..."

Rinn's noise perked up suddenly. "Lady Sin, are you angry or annoyed or something? It's just that you're face is really nice but your body is giving off frustration. My nose is trained like that..." Rinn said, blowing some more bubbles.

ELR
07-17-2009, 04:26 PM
OOC: Seems it is dying let me see if I can cause some chaos to see if it revives once again and if not then I shall have to admit defeat. And if you don't know what it is that is after you if you are being chased or attacked, just ask and I shall tell. And Faro, you still have that bird after you, better say something or message me or something or I will have to remove you from the rp. Sorry.

The clouds roll in slightly and it begins to drizzle outside. Animals are scurrying away. Rein and Luzifer Run into an angered Nagas coming in from the south. Jace and Sean run into a mngwa who took them by surprise.

Luzifer
07-21-2009, 08:53 PM
Isiah sighed to her, "As you will my dear."

Suddenly he had a feeling of off-ness and animals began to scurry. This wasn't good, he had been lucky before but at the moment he wasn't carrying a weapon with which to defend himself. He had a nib pen which could give a half decent stab if he needed it to but he didn't have anything like a sword, or a knife with which to defend himself. "I think we might want to start running!" he said with a nervous smile.

ELR
07-22-2009, 11:39 PM
"Run?" She looked behind her and his face was showing a different emotion she hadn't seen him show before, it was between confusion and fear, lost and determined. "Okay." She nods and listens to him, running towards the village as fast as she could, wings sputtering, head racing. She looked back to see if he was following.

Luzifer
07-29-2009, 04:16 AM
Thus resolved to his expediancy, Isaiah put one foot in front of the other in a rapid motion to carry him across the field. He moved with great speed, long strides and a surprising athleticism for one born of the book. But he was used to running, he tended to avoid fights. If you ran animosity normally only lasted until you were out of sight and then all was forgiven. If you fought... well... you had to kill or risk creating an enemy.