PDA

View Full Version : [TV Series] K-ON!

Eku
06-10-2009, 07:27 PM
http://www.thebanzaieffect.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/wp_01-600x337.jpg

Type: TV series - Currently 10 episodes long.
Genre: Comedy, slice of life

Plot synopsis

It's Yui Hirasawa's first year in high school, and she's eagerly searching for a club to join. At the same time, Ritsu Tainaka, a drummer, and her friend Mio Akiyama, a bass player, are desperately trying to save the school's light music club, which is about to be disbanded due to lack of members. They manage to recruit Tsumugi Kotobuki to play the keyboard, meaning they only need one more member to get the club running again. Yui joins, thinking it will be an easy experience for her to play the castanets, the only instrument she knows. However, the other members think their new addition is actually a guitar prodigy...

Story (5/10)
It's cute, but not original.

Characters (7/10)
My only problem is the lack of male characters, but apart from that, K-ON!'s cast is great.

Art/animation (10/10)
Honestly, the animation is some of the best I've seen.

Voice acting, music (8/10)
The voice acting is very well done. I'll give two thumbs-up to the actors.

Overall (8/10)
It's very enjoyable; light and fluffy. :love:

TwiDragon1000
11-02-2009, 12:22 AM
Story (6/10) - For the story, I really can't say much. After the first episode or two, you can really just go into a random episode, and not worry too much about the previous episodes. All it is, is just one of those high school animes with music.
Characters (8/10) - As Eku said, it would of been better to put in more male characters. However this is not to say that the cast was a bad choice. I do feel that they could of devolved Mugi a bit more. As for everyone else, they did a pretty good job in my opinion.
Art/animation (10/10) - The people who did the artwork and animation for this show, sure did a really good job at making this show look very cute. I can't say anything too bad, except that there where a few episodes where you would be looking at one frame fo 10-20 secconds, and have little to nothing happening.
Voice acting, music (10/10) - I don't pay too much attention to the soundtrack, but it felt like it fit throughout the series. As for the voice acting, I can't say much because I've never really watched an anime in its original format, so I can't really give my input here. Although I do think all the voices match up.
Overall (9/10) - This is one of my favorite shows, and I reccomend this to anyone who enjoys shows like Azumanga Diaoh. It may not have the best story, but it has a lot of those cute and funny anime scense, and its just a good series.

-Matt

Aznen
06-06-2013, 10:10 PM
Story (6/10)
was good, but simple..

Characters (10/10)
one of the few anime with best characters

Art/animation (9/10)
Seriously good and so colourful

Voice acting, music (9/10)
even the songs was so good

Overall (9/10)
kawaiiiii

thelegend117
01-08-2014, 04:09 PM
I think everything was good about this anime.... The characters were really unique....i love the original soundtrack... I wished the anime was a little bit longer with more adventures for the houkago tea time band..but it was really good.

Peppermint Hearts
01-27-2016, 04:06 PM
My take on K-ON, I just seen one episode and it was terribly boring.

natsu d
03-30-2016, 12:07 PM
i watched k-on a bit and got bored after some time.....no offence....
but the drummer is very cool!!!!!!!!

Sustainna
03-30-2016, 05:21 PM
Good general rule of thumb. Give an anime at least 4 episodes before judging as most of them usually have slow pacing to start.
Madoka Magica is a good example of this.

Jasanime
04-06-2016, 03:50 PM
I love K-on!, but i have to disagree about the animation. I'd say it's more like a 6 or so out of 10. If you watch 'Sound! Euphonium' you'll see where I'm coming from. But yes, K-On! is KAWAII!!