PDA

View Full Version : TIACID: The International Anime Conventions Info Desk

Shunshin Jhey-sama
06-04-2009, 10:21 AM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey hey guys! I'm new here!
Atashi wa Jhey-san. . .Yuroshiku!! ^_~

Although I'm a newbie, wont you here me out? X3

I was browsing around and I noticed there wasn't yet a thread like this. . .
(well, I've checked the 1st page, do tell me if there is already a thread like this one though. . .^,^)

Onegai shimasu!!. . .XD

Do you go to Anime Cons?

Do you have cosplay conventions around your place?

Be it you're a cosplayer, con photographer, or a convention on-goer, there is nothing wrong with telling the world the what, where, and when of the cosplay/anime/gaming conventions you have in your places.

Do tell us and post it here!!

Just follow the following basic info summary questions:

Title of the Event/Convention:
About the Event:
Source of info:

Just keep it simple, polite and informative! And be sure the info is legit/true. . .;)
I hope many contribute their infos!
And that everyone keep this thread/topic clean and alive. . .
d(^_^)b

Sa, Minna-sama. . .Tanomu so! (Everyone, I'm counting on you!). . .(^_~)

Shunshin Jhey-sama
06-04-2009, 10:40 AM

Arahh, silly me. . .XP

I think I should post first an example noh?
Very well. . .X3

http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs49/f/2009/152/0/8/8th_Philippine_Toy_Con_poster_by_popazrael.png

Title of the Event/Convention:
The 8th Philippine Toys, Hobbies and Collectibles Convention

SM Megamall, 5th Level Bldg. B
Megatrade Hall 2-3 and Conference Center A and B

Date:
June 13-14, 2009, 10am-9pm

About the Event:
The 8th Philippine Toys, Hobbies and Collectibles Convention 2009 hits hard with the most anticipated gathering of toy distributors, gamers, pop memorabilia collectors and cosplay enthusiasts this side of the planet. This year’s TOYCON will take place on June 13 and 14, at the SM Megatrade Hall 2 and 3 from 10:00 AM to 9:00 PM.
Highlight for the event this year will be the launch of summer movie blockbusters, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen and the much awaited GI JOE: Rise of Cobra. Transformers and GI Joe fans will revel in these two famous toy properties with a collectors’ exhibit and movie merchandising displays from the movie’s distributor, Solar-Pioneer films.

TOYCON wouldn’t be complete without the annual Live Action Figure Cosplay competition, the biggest gathering of all, sci-fi/fantasy, comics and anime-inspired costume players in the Philippines. And of course the main draw for collectors is the huge retailer floor where they can hunt for the rarest and latest, most sought-after collectors’ pieces ranging from action figures, dolls, diecast cars and robots, comics and cards, artwork and pop memorabilia from all over the world.

The 8th Philippine TOYCON is sure to be the pinnacle of this year’s pop culture conventions. It will certainly have everything there for young and old alike to share and enjoy.

TOYCON is organized by Collectibles Unlimited partnered with the SM Megatrade Hall and is presented by Globe Broadband, Solar Entertainment and HERO. Also brought to you by Royal Tru Orange, Maxi Collector, Comic Odyssey, E-Games, MINDstyle, Toy Kingdom, and WACOM. In cooperation with SugarFree and Blue, Warner Brothers and Creative Voices with media partners, Jack TV, ABS-CBN, Fudge Magazine and the official music channel, MTV.

Source of info:
www.toyconph.com (http://www.toyconph.com)

So, what do you think guys??
Of course you can post upcoming Conventions from all over,
where ever it is that you know of. . .^.~

So to those who knew of this event, see yah guys!!. . .
:D :D ;)

The Grey Crane
06-04-2009, 12:40 PM
I will be there.

I've never missed a single Toycon (Philippines only) since '07.

Shunshin Jhey-sama
06-04-2009, 12:50 PM
hehh. . .sugoi. . .X3
You must be close to the venue?. . .?,?

Both days greyu canu-san?. . .X3

OtakuInu!!!
06-04-2009, 09:58 PM
I'll ask my mom if we can go there. It's far from here. Because I live in Las Pinas City.

Arigato Gozaimasu for the info.

Shunshin Jhey-sama
06-05-2009, 05:04 AM
hehh. . .Las Pinas. . .I dunno where that would be nearer, SMX or Megamall lolsz. . .
Well good luck to those going. . .Maybe I'll see you there. . .^_~)b