PDA

View Full Version : Playstation Home

Legend of the Twilight
06-03-2009, 05:25 PM
Is there anyone who's played this free online game that's attached to the PS3?

For those of you who don't know what Playstation Home is, it's basically like The Sims meets online RPG. It's used mostly for socializing. You create your own character and go into a virtual world and talk with other players. There's bowling, pool, and chess. There's even additional worlds where you can play other games like poker.

I've personally found a few anime fans here and there.

If you ever want to find me: my username is Duszynski.

Capernicus
06-03-2009, 05:27 PM
Is this somewhat like the Miis for Nintendo Wii?

Legend of the Twilight
06-03-2009, 05:29 PM
I think it's way better than that. The characters actually look like people, not Chibi-like versions of people.

Capernicus
06-03-2009, 05:31 PM
I think it's way better than that. The characters actually look like people, not Chibi-like versions of people.
D= But but...I <3 chibis!

Anyway, I don't have a PS3 and probably never will. But it's nice to know what the competition is doing. <.< >.>

rf switch
06-03-2009, 05:57 PM
I think i went on and made a person quite a while ago. Haven't touched it since though.

Wolfwood
06-04-2009, 01:27 AM
I spend alot of time in the EA section playing on the poker tables ^^
some of the new areas i've seen in development look rather fun aswell. maybe one day i'll actualy spend money on it :P

My username is Sir-Wolfwood on it. but for the next few weeks i'll be busy with Red Faction, Infamous, Cross Edge, Demon's Souls and some other titles. so i probably won't be on home for a month ^^;

Seta Souji
06-04-2009, 01:42 AM
I tried it once and was really shocked on how well made it is. But it takes a while to get everything organized with your clothes and stuff so I just gave up on that.

SeraphimAriaRhapsody
06-04-2009, 01:52 AM
I do enjoy the occasion mini games and their latest E3 to other game trailers they have in home.

FaeryTaleAngel
06-04-2009, 02:50 AM
Nah, I still just have my lovely PlayStation 2.

In fact, I have a lot of older game consoles. I love them though.

PlayStation 2 all the way! Ha-ha!

StabWound
06-04-2009, 03:21 AM
I just go on once every few weeks to see whats new.

Gandizzl
06-04-2009, 08:57 AM
Tried the beta and pretty much just thought "Naaah..." and uinstalled it.
It was slow, there were little options... it seemed like a poor mans The Sims.
But that was back in the beta stage, maybe it's better now.

NorthOfTime
06-04-2009, 09:34 AM
I went on there about a month or two ago and made a character.. But when i noticed there wasnt very many if anything military oriented i kinda just left it..i haven beenback on tocheck and seeif anythig has been updated or what not. I love my job and i Live it. Lol.

Legend of the Twilight
06-04-2009, 04:14 PM
Tried the beta and pretty much just thought "Naaah..." and uinstalled it.
It was slow, there were little options... it seemed like a poor mans The Sims.
But that was back in the beta stage, maybe it's better now.

It's much better now. When I play it, it runs pretty fast. The only thing is that it usually takes a moment for the character's features to load. It usually doesn't take more than a minute for that. Everything else is pretty fast.