PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 E3.

Ryuuzaki HD
06-01-2009, 02:47 PM
Ive just finished watching the Xbox 360 E3 announcements for those who missed it a few of the highlights are:
-Halo Reach
-A new Metal Gear Solid game coming to 360.
-Left 4 Dead 2 (360 exclusive).
-Splinter Cell Conviction (360 exclusive).
-Forza Motersport 3 (360 exclusive).
-Alan Wake (360 exclusive).
-CrackDown 2 (360 exclusive).
-Gameplay videos for Halo ODST, FF13 and Modern warfare 2.
-FaceBook and twitter coming to 360.
-And videos of "Project natal" which will be "controller free gameing".http://http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/news-features/news/Controller-free-gaming.htm

Out of all these which are you most looking forward too?

My top 3 are the Halo games and Splinter cell Conviction.

Archaic Devices
06-01-2009, 03:24 PM
OMG the Natal was AWESOME. It totally pwns the wii by a looot man. Halo 3 ODST looked pretty cool, and I can't wait for a trailer for Halo Reach. Splinter Cell looked pretty awesome but Alan Wake didn't really catch my eye. Forza Motorsport had aweesome graphics and modern warfare 2 looked pretty nice. FF13 looked ok but not as good as I thought (maybe because I had too high of standards). I wouldn't have minded some gameplay from L4D2 but the trailer was nice. I was pretty excited about MGS coming to xbox. I didnt care for the twitter and facebook much but that's just because I don't have a facebook or twitter :x. The 1080P was pretty nice too. I think they spent a little too much time on Beatles Rockband but it did look cool. Milo was kinda creepy but it seems pretty nice if you're having a bad day and just want to talk to someone.
I believe that Microsoft had this thing won as soon as they announced the natal. Nintendo and Sony will have to pull something huge out of their hat to win this.

Ryuuzaki HD
06-01-2009, 03:33 PM
I missed the beatles rock band i started watching at the Tony Hawk part which by the way looks awsome.

I think Microsoft has it won hands down now i wasnt expecting 2 Halo games and MGS. Microsoft have really impressed me this year especially with the instant movie downloads in 1080p it think it going to mean the end for Blu-Ray.

Kojack
06-01-2009, 03:57 PM
I'm impressed with the Natal technology, but I don't see it taking hold. The main barrier Microsoft will have a tough time marketing around is the But-I-Already-Have-Wii-Sports-Player mentality of the casual market. It may also be too late for Microsoft to tap into the casual: by now, I'd suspect a lot of the Wii Sports Players are collecting dust on the shelves of soccer moms across the nation, so unless they can market to the kids (leading the kids to nag, ergo sale), I don't think the adult-casual will see a point in buying a hands-free Wii.

I don't think the technology will resonate with the hardcore either, since I'm imagining it will be incredibly difficult (if not impossible) to get most of the regular genres to work effectively with full-body control (I'm think action/adv., shooter, etc). I predict a lot of quiz shows and mini-game collections; stuff not far from what was shown at the presentation. They may try a voice-controlled adventure game (Hardy Boys mysteries, maybe). Peter's emotive boy was neat, but I don't see a very interesting game coming out of it.

But don't get me wrong, I'm very impressed with the technology and I'm interested in seeing what Microsoft's payees comes up with. Game developers are a creative lot; I'm sure Microsoft will choose their new additions to payroll wisely for some interesting results.

Microsoft have really impressed me this year especially with the instant movie downloads in 1080p it think it going to mean the end for Blu-Ray.
I don't follow; why/how?

Bulf
06-01-2009, 04:10 PM
Honestly, I think Microsoft went a little overboard. The Natal does look fairly fun though. I'm still waiting on Nintendo, so I see who wins E3. I almost died when I saw L4D2.....November 12th needs to hurry the hell up.

Ryuuzaki HD
06-01-2009, 04:11 PM
I don't follow; why/how?

Because its the same quality as Blu-Ray only you can watch instantly without having to go out and buy a overpriced disc, they already have the biggest selection of downloadable movies and tv shows and with over 12 million people on xbox live already they dont have to go out and pay x amount of money for a new player so millions already have the right hardware to do it.

I think it would be awesome if you could get Phoenix Wright on Natal shouting OBJECTION at the TV and pointing at the witness etc would be the coolest thing ever!

Kojack
06-01-2009, 04:30 PM
Because its the same quality as Blu-Ray only you can watch instantly without having to go out and buy a overpriced disc, they already have the biggest selection of downloadable movies and tv shows and with over 12 million people on xbox live already they dont have to go out and pay x amount of money for a new player so millions already have the right hardware to do it.
So after DVD is out of style, home movies will be available only with an Xbox? No physical copies will exist?

Ryuuzaki HD
06-01-2009, 04:36 PM
So after DVD is out of style, home movies will be available only with an Xbox? No physical copies will exist?

I predict movies are going the same way as music, you and still buy CDs but iPods are changing the way we buy music so i dont think its too unrealistic to say movie downloads will take over from discs.

Storm Strife
06-01-2009, 09:28 PM
In all honesty, Natal? I'm going to have to see it in action to believe it. There are a number of problems I have with the tech demo.

1) The fighting game. I doubt many people are going to play like that, and from what we've "seen" so far, it feels as if you need to actually have some training in order to pull off anything complicated. Also, what's going to happen when your character is hit? It's going to go unresponsive, and that is going to be a major disconnect.

2) Facial recognition. The technology isn't perfect, there are a number of situations which cause it to fail (low or poor light, wearing sunglasses or anything else which partially covers the face, smiling). It's use in law enforcement and at airports has generally resulted in failed tests. So either Microsoft have suddenly perfected the technology so that it can be used in this way, or they're talking out of their rear and users are going to face a lot of problems getting this to work.

3) The football game. And how, exactly, are we going to pull this off if we don't have any space? Not to mention actually "kicking" the ball exactly how you want it will be hard.

4) Scanning your own gear. Now, scanning for objects can be done, take a look at the Assassins Creed 2 website. However, that requires them to have programmed the site to look for the specific symbols, it won't recognise anything else. So I'm a little interested in finding out how developers are meant to pull this off without problems (for example, hands obstructing the skateboard).

Now, thinking about (1) and (3) leads me to the following decision - most of the controlling will be similar to the Wiimote, where you don't get full control and the game instead interprets your actions. Which means it's probably going to end up like a gimmick.

Ryuuzaki HD
06-01-2009, 10:03 PM
You make alot of good points it does all seen a bit too good to be true but who knows it could turn out to be good, but whatever way you look at it Millo looks impressive how you can hand stuff over to him.

Dark Wolf 09
06-01-2009, 10:05 PM
Project Natal is everyone talking about, its going to be the next revolution in gaming experiences. I don't have any doubt for this Project Natal, it's still in publication however, there would be flaws, I'm very hyped up for Project Natal's experience, if Microsoft pulls this off I'd be happy, very happy.

I love the fact that you can scan your own gear into a game, this can be done, with no flaws. Its going to have the exact thing as the Eye Toy, but in very very hi def display. Im also excited that they announced Halo: Reach so early.

Manhattan_Project_2000
06-01-2009, 10:21 PM
I liked Natal better when it was called the Activator (http://mx.truveo.com/Sega-Genesis-Activator-Ad-by-Boringman54/id/2571205548).

Brojasu
06-02-2009, 02:24 AM
I wasn't all that impressed with most of MS's stuff, though I did like MGS and found Splinter cell interesting

Khanxay
06-03-2009, 03:01 PM
4) Scanning your own gear. Now, scanning for objects can be done, take a look at the Assassins Creed 2 website. However, that requires them to have programmed the site to look for the specific symbols, it won't recognise anything else. So I'm a little interested in finding out how developers are meant to pull this off without problems (for example, hands obstructing the skateboard).

I'm wondering if you can scan other objects. Like say, a twinkie for a board?

Ryuuzaki HD
06-03-2009, 03:06 PM
I'm wondering if you can scan other objects. Like say, a twinkie for a board?

I wonder if i can scan my life size gold GOW lancer.

Storm Strife
06-03-2009, 03:09 PM
in b4 scanned dongs

rf switch
06-03-2009, 03:49 PM
Natal ~ was interesting. I'm waiting to see how much it costs. I doubt it will be cheap. I don't really need Milo either. I have a 5 year old nephew I can hang out with whenever I want.

If I'm playing a game that involves shooting things, I'd prefer something to hold that has a trigger.

I also have a feeling most of what they'll offer with Natal will be aimed at the same people most Wii stuff is aimed at. So in other words, products I have no to little interest in.

MGS ~ coming to 360 was something I expected, although I'm not crazy about Raiden as a character. The game is supposed to be more action oriented as well, so I hope it doesn't end up being a generic action/shooting game. I like that MGS was always more of a stealth game. Even if 4 let you be more about action and shooting if you wanted too.

L4D2 ~ I prefer my FPS's on PC. So I have no interest in the 360 ver. of this.

Alan Wake ~ While it's nice that we're seeing it being played It just didn't impress me.

Forza 3 ~ I'm definitely interested. But I'm not so into sim racing games that I'm going to buy 3 or 4 of them a year. So I'll have to really wait and see more of it, along with NFS:Shift, & GT5.

Crackdown 2 ~ Loved the first one, so I'm looking forward to part 2.

Halo ~ I'm in that group that finds Halo games to be extremely over-rated and really has no interest in them. So new Halo stuff is usually meh to me.

Facebook & Twitter ~ I have no interest in Twitter at all, and Facebook I hardly check. I have no interest in having the ability to check them from my console either....But I do understand they are popular and part of these conferences is to appeal to stockholders.

Archaic Devices
06-03-2009, 04:05 PM
Honestly, I think Microsoft went a little overboard. The Natal does look fairly fun though. I'm still waiting on Nintendo, so I see who wins E3. I almost died when I saw L4D2.....November 12th needs to hurry the hell up.

Actually Elli, after watching Nintendo's I believe Microsoft won this. The fact that they went overboard is what gave them that victory. The only things I liked from Nintendo was the Mario and Metroid games and 358/2. Microsoft has a lot better games. Although I must admit that Sony did a big shocker with the announcement of FF 14. I'll betcha no one was expecting that or the fact that it's online.

Khanxay
06-03-2009, 04:19 PM
Facebook & Twitter ~ I have no interest in Twitter at all, and Facebook I hardly check. I have no interest in having the ability to check them from my console either....But I do understand they are popular and part of these conferences is to appeal to stockholders.
When they said Facebook and Twitter intergration, they meant that you would be able to share stuff like high scores or really cool moments straight from your XBL to your friends.

rf switch
06-03-2009, 05:58 PM
When they said Facebook and Twitter intergration, they meant that you would be able to share stuff like high scores or really cool moments straight from your XBL to your friends.
and no thanks to that either.

Ryuuzaki HD
06-04-2009, 10:18 AM
Another anouncement after the show: games on demand where you can download full games off XBL coming in August.

Seņor Nobody
06-04-2009, 10:38 AM
Ive just finished watching the Xbox 360 E3 announcements for those who missed it a few of the highlights are:
-Halo Reach
These are the only things I'm interested in.

-And videos of "Project natal" which will be "controller free gameing".

Feh, I'll believe it when I see it.

bakakame
06-05-2009, 03:28 PM
Milo frightens me. The only thing preventing me from buying an assault rifle and stocking up on bottled water and canned beans is that Peter Molyneux is in charge. It won't be as spectacular as he claims.

The Nightingale
06-08-2009, 06:56 PM
I must say I loved the idea of Project Natal, and I hope they didn't fake alot of that stuff, though it IS hard to believe. The whole thin Lion Head studios did with it, was well nothing short of brilliant.

I was excited for the Halo trailers and stuff, and of course Final Fantasy 13! I am so happy that is coming to the 360!

Cantelope
06-08-2009, 09:50 PM
HAHAHAHA!! I love how you tried to imply he had friends, ROFL

Zeokoz
06-11-2009, 07:36 PM
-Halo Reach
-And videos of "Project natal" which will be "controller free gameing".http://http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/news-features/news/Controller-free-gaming.htm

Out of all these which are you most looking forward too?

My top 3 are the Halo games and Splinter cell Conviction.

Yeah I def got to say the Halo games because I am such a Halo fanboy, with reading the books and what not. I love that storyline, it is so damn good! Also, I am looking forward to the addition of Last.FM to Xbox Live, uhh, also FF13, Splinter Cell, L4D 2, and Crackdown 2....I love E3 week, so many promising announcements. I think I got goosebumps when the Halo Reach trailer played. I am so excited!

Diocletian
06-14-2009, 03:38 PM
Natal? You mean Skynet? He's here and he's aware and wants to kill us all. If I curse and murder Milo, am I going to be arrested?

Storm Strife
06-14-2009, 03:47 PM
I want to see Milo in an RPG environment.

Cocking up an important diplomatic mission because you personally told the enemy leader to go roger the manservants or implied that he was a flaming poof or something else offensive may just make Natal worthwhile.

Diocletian
06-14-2009, 03:49 PM
I want to see Milo in an RPG environment.

Cocking up an important diplomatic mission because you personally told the enemy leader to go roger the manservants or implied that he was a flaming poof or something else offensive may just make Natal worthwhile.

Or in GTA at least. I wonder if Milo could make it out of a Triad territory or do a drive by with an uzi. The world may never know.

Lordwindowlicker
06-14-2009, 10:37 PM
Overall I thought it was fairly bland when it came to software announcements. Although I'm excited for Crackdown 2, and I can't wait for the new Epic made XBLA game (the name escapes me at the moment).

Zeokoz
06-15-2009, 01:08 AM
Overall I thought it was fairly bland when it came to software announcements. Although I'm excited for Crackdown 2, and I can't wait for the new Epic made XBLA game (the name escapes me at the moment).

You are thinking of Shadow Complex, I think, and yeah, it does look pretty good. The graphics look amazing, and for a side scroller too. Also, the story looks like it will be pretty promising as well. ;)

Ryuuzaki HD
06-15-2009, 03:06 AM
When they said a game from Epic I was expecting them to say Gears 3 or UT so I was pretty dissapointed when they showed a arcade game but it does look pretty good for a arcade game.

Lordwindowlicker
06-15-2009, 03:19 AM
When they said a game from Epic I was expecting them to say Gears 3 or UT so I was pretty dissapointed when they showed a arcade game but it does look pretty good for a arcade game.

Personally I would have preferred a new Jazz Jackrabbit :P

We have so much Unreal, and Gears.. it's nice that they're trying something new for once!

You are thinking of Shadow Complex, I think, and yeah, it does look pretty good. The graphics look amazing, and for a side scroller too. Also, the story looks like it will be pretty promising as well.

They called it Contra meets Metroid.. I'm psyched!