PDA

View Full Version : A con noob

.Sev
05-27-2009, 07:14 PM
Ok, one day i:m going to go to a con, but if I did, what would I want to bring money wise? (That includes pay for hotel and buying stuff) 500? 750? 1000?

Xieshunnuan
05-27-2009, 07:19 PM
around 500. But do you have to catch a bus to get there? Like grayhound. If not, then you'll need like 400 or so haha.

Elfuerte
05-27-2009, 07:24 PM
take as much money as you can, man belive me once you see all the cool stuff they got there you'd want to buy it all.
then again, you could buy stuff that you'll regret at a later time so 500ish...

ps. hey man my avatar is supose to move too but I've been busting all day and it still doesn't move help a noob out thank you.

Xieshunnuan
05-27-2009, 07:32 PM
take as much money as you can, man belive me once you see all the cool stuff they got there you'd want to buy it all.
then again, you could buy stuff that you'll regret at a later time so 500ish...

ps. hey man my avatar is supose to move too but I've been busting all day and it still doesn't move help a noob out thank you.

I viewed it earier and it doesn't move what so ever. It's not the forum fault most likely lol.

wolfenstain2k7
05-27-2009, 07:38 PM
I viewed it earier and it doesn't move what so ever. It's not the forum fault most likely lol.
I need help with that too.
ps. sorry if this is spaming

Xieshunnuan
05-27-2009, 07:56 PM
It's probably the image link because it doesn't move whenever you right click then view image. But, when I did that to sev's avy, it moved so it's the image fault, not the forum.

leeroy jenkins
05-29-2009, 10:43 AM
it depends on where you want to go..
if you want to go to a little anime con...and want spending money...as well as a room?
about..500?
if you want to dress up...then ermmm
to be safe i would save up about 1000
(for good quality costumes)
if you want to go cheaper?
then i would say about 700.
<3
hope that helped!

seiteki_otaku
05-29-2009, 05:33 PM
This info helped me as well :D
I'm also going to my first anime con
at the end of august. So thanks ;]

Tetsanosuke
05-29-2009, 10:35 PM
The most I've ever 'brought 'to a con was $250. Otherwise the room was all payed form, and it was with SEVERAL other people. My friends. Last Youmacon I brought roughly $225, 45 to get a full weekend pass and the rest for other stuff.

This year I might have barely enough to just get in. Let alone TRYing to cosplay. Bleh. If you are sharing a room, I say $300 is nice, that's besides th room payment, if any.

::Lolconvirginslol::

/inside joke

Akito0o
05-30-2009, 01:45 AM
I go to A Convention here in Toronto called Anime North and It is good to bring as much as you think you want to spend obviously you need the money to get there and pay for admission. ( and pay for a hotel if your staying in one) after that It is totally up to what you think you want to buy. This past Anime North I spent about 350 on Anime related items, last year i only spent like 150. So in short bring how ever much you can save.

.Sev
05-31-2009, 12:16 AM
Well me, i'm one of those people that see's something I want. And buy it. And then see something else. And buy it.
It seems I would just want to bring as mch as I could. But is stuff more espensive at a con, or less? Or pretty much the same? I have a pretty good selection of manga at the book store I go to, since I buy manga more. Of course, i'd probably buy assesories and the like more than anything else.

Haa-chama
07-12-2009, 05:17 PM
I'm also a con noob, I'm cosplaying for the first time in October. :3 This was helpful, thankies~

JapanAni
08-14-2009, 12:55 PM
save as much as you can especially if you're paying for hotel, food, and a badge