PDA

View Full Version : Your AF Generation

Capernicus
05-27-2009, 04:18 PM
I remember this thread was made like 2 years ago *too lazy to check* and I decided it was high time for another one. What I mean by generation is the people who seemed to join around the same time you did. Of course there's no room to list everyone, so just list the people who you like and/or are still active.

If you're not sure, you can do an advanced member search here (http://www.animeforum.com/memberlist.php?do=search). I did mine by at least 1000 posts and joined after 1-1-2005. Here are the people from the list I recognize, my AF GENERATION!

Buruku <3
MaruDashi (;D)
Opinionated
Khanxay
aki-chan
-Redfield-
Aether Storm
DarkMoonPrince (kinda...)
Mr. McDoom!
Faceless111
Masali
Jagan Eye
Wonderwice

honorable mention: Miss Moonlight, because she rox my sox. =D

Xieshunnuan
05-27-2009, 04:20 PM
Just look at my sig for the people in my family haha. THat's the people I remember.

Legend of the Twilight
05-27-2009, 04:21 PM
0.0 I hadn't paid attention to the year you joined before but you've been here for 4 years! >.<

Capernicus
05-27-2009, 04:23 PM
Are you referring to me or Xieshunnuan?

Legend of the Twilight
05-27-2009, 04:27 PM
Are you referring to me or Xieshunnuan?

I suppose both of you. Although, you've got an exact 4 years.

Seņor Nobody
05-27-2009, 04:37 PM
Miss Moonlight She joined about a month later I did, I think.
EDIT: akiko_kalla, that's his/her name!
The rest of the people I used to converse with are either banned or inactive.

Storm Strife
05-27-2009, 04:50 PM
Ones I recognise? Lets see...

-Redfield-
bakakame
bttr
Capernicus (I think...)
Dr.McDoom!
Faceless111
FlashD
Grim Scythe
Link-Kun
Mac
MaruDashi
Masali
Missy
MistaCloudStrife
Opinionated
Yugure's Goddess

Though they didn't join at roughly the same time as me (that or I can't find their names), I also remember Aifa (the Serial Fish-slapper), and Darth Tyranus.

Capernicus
05-27-2009, 04:55 PM
Ones I recognise? Lets see...

-Redfield-
bakakame
bttr
Capernicus (I think...)
Dr.McDoom!
Faceless111
FlashD
Grim Scythe
Link-Kun
Mac
MaruDashi
Masali
Missy
MistaCloudStrife
Opinionated
Yugure's Goddess

Though they didn't join at roughly the same time as me (that or I can't find their names), I also remember Aifa (the Serial Fish-slapper), and Darth Tyranus.
Yeah, we joined 2 months apart. Didn't recognize you though really. lol I saw Aifa on my list but didn't include him because he's not active anymore and hasn't been for like 2 years. Didn't see Darth (and don't care) or Yugure.

sa5m
05-27-2009, 05:00 PM
These are the members that I'm familiar with (aka seen around the forums) that joined after Jan 2007 with over 500 posts:

Happi Giraffe
+Namiko+
-Raiken-
.Celeste
(_YvOnSo_)
Aizmov
Alicaryn Silentread
Amarhyllis
Amray
Antares
blueangel06661
BuLmA
ChicxWithxWingsxAndxBlood
Clawdia <-- who gave me my first rep, if I remember correctly C:
Crimson Moon
daft
Datenshi
Dxon
Evockzi
Exquiro
Finvarra
Flah Blah
Goodylucky

OK, I'm going to stop now, because basically all the people from my Search are people I recognize. -_-

Capernicus
05-27-2009, 05:28 PM
Oh, somehow I missed Gandizzl on my list. My bad.

Miss Moonlight
05-27-2009, 06:00 PM
Let's see, I just chose people from 2006:

Fiery [joined date lies?]
Souhi
Theia
Beast
-Kitsune-
Kitanoru
Twila (◕‿◕)
Pengin-san
Hawkatex
KuroFureta
Mr. Nobody
Baka Mii-tan
Cross Marian
Moonlight Eve
kiss of death
Hamashimura
Serenith Youkai
Perpetual Specter
International 4-8818
Overlord Darth Fluffles

... and probably many others, which i'll add later, maybe.

And thanks caps for the mention, even though you're not in mine =[

Diocletian
05-27-2009, 06:20 PM
My 2008 generation is almost nonexistent. Most of them dropped out. I believe SigmaSD is of the 2008 as well as Raiken, but I think I'm wrong. I have an account for 2006, but I can't find it. And with 6 posts I don't want to find it.

Reonic Flux
05-27-2009, 06:27 PM
Sadly, I don't recognize those who joined around my time. I should have joined earlier...

Gjallarhorn
05-27-2009, 06:34 PM
Wizzard
FlashD
Sophonax
Kewii
Queen of Wolves
Ollie
Queen-of-Mars
Justina/Tenchigirl15
Gadgetgirl16
Candy-chan
Figo
Tati
Assud
Demonplight
Asher aj wei
escaflownemoon

Most of them are either inactive or staff at this point. 5.5 years or so.

My 2008 generation is almost nonexistent. Most of them dropped out. I believe SigmaSD is of the 2008 as well as Raiken, but I think I'm wrong. I have an account for 2006, but I can't find it. And with 6 posts I don't want to find it.

You'll find that with every "generation" that of the hundreds who join, you'll get a few dozen who stick around for a few months, and only dozen or so who stick around for a year or more.

Diocletian
05-27-2009, 06:47 PM
You'll find that with every "generation" that of the hundreds who join, you'll get a few dozen who stick around for a few months, and only dozen or so who stick around for a year or more.

True. I believe that it's around three to six active people on the forum and I'm sure there are maybe six or seven lurking around in chat. That's a prett big low.

Ollie
05-27-2009, 08:21 PM
Ollie
Hah, and I was just thinking that I wouldn't make it onto anyone's list because I've either been here way longer than, or, in a handful of people's cases, not as long.

'Til I see my birthday-stealer post... :O

~DizzyElf~
05-27-2009, 08:59 PM
I joined in 2005.
The people I remember most are:

Wandering Samurai
Gandizzl
Negi
Amaruk
Chrono
Mink
xXDark_Lonely_FairyXx
-Naota-
Jagan Eye
Mac
Aether Storm
LadyPSerenity
Xieshunnuan
The Wing Man

There's more of course.
Some have changed their names.
But yeah. (:

sa5m
05-27-2009, 09:08 PM
Raiken is in my generation. ; D

-Kitsune-
05-27-2009, 10:20 PM
The problem with me was that I joined in 06,but was never really active till 07-ish. So I'm kinda in both generations.
There are a few other people from around 06 that I remember seeing around:

Souhi
Beast
Fiery
Kitanoru
Pengin-san
Baka Mii-tan
Cross Marian
Hamashimura
Perpetual Specter (Lol I remember when he was Naruto%)
Overlord Darth Fluffles

-akichan-
05-27-2009, 10:21 PM
Not all these people join about the date or any close to the date I joined. But they were the most active and closest friends I made when I joined the forum. Plus, I didn't know a lot of people back then. And the search didn't seem to help.

My list:

BlackDeath
DeathScythe
Missy
Aifa
Tsuna
Negi
Mista
Crimson Soul
Dark Kaisen (name changed)

Cap--I met you not too long after I joined, and didn't notice that we actually joined about that time.

None of the above
05-28-2009, 04:30 AM
Talked to most out of that list. Though a few are heavily MIA.

◕‿◕
.Alumina
Balance
Capn Stikkie
Fiery - join date lies, I know.
Gia Chanel
Hamashimura
iMud
International 4-8818
Kishiro - join date lies, I know.
KuroFureta
Miss Moonlight
Mr. Nobody (although I can not associate much with him at all)
Music Fiend
Pengin-san
Perpetual Specter
Sagat
Souhi
Tetsanosuke
Thornwillow

LittleMomo
05-28-2009, 05:04 AM
I wonder who's in my generation xD
but maybe it's the same list as Cappies (Capernicus)

x.x I don't know I remember too many members though.

Acnologia
05-28-2009, 05:28 AM
Twila
-Kitsune-
.GoGo
Aura of the Twilight
Ayame_Sohma
Baka Mii-tan
Balance
Beast
Fiery
Hamashimura
International 4-8818
Kishiro
kiss of death
KuroFureta
Miss Moonlight
Mr. Nobody
Pengin-san
Perpetual Specter
Sagat
Tetsanosuke
wolfgirl90

Hamashimura
05-28-2009, 06:11 AM
Let's see...those I know about (which doesn't necessarily means that I talk to them all,but I do have very high amount of respect for them)...

~ Balance
~ Miss Moonlight
~ Hawkatex
~ -Kitsune-
~ .Gogo
~ Cross Marian
~ kiss of death
~ Pengin-san
~ International 4-8818
~ ◕‿◕
~ .Alumina
~ Music Fiend

October.
05-28-2009, 06:51 AM
i joined in 2008...October or something like that....
i don't recognize anyone who joined at my time...my family members are older than me in this forum, i think..^.^

Eris
05-28-2009, 08:39 AM
I don't know of anyone else joining in 2001. I think they're all gone. Maybe Princess AI? But she might be older actually. I remember annoying her on TMdC back in 2001/2002 with my n00bishness. I sort of associate with the 2002 and 2003 crowd, but they're mostly gone as well. I barely remember any people from pre-blackout AG (http://eris.name/wiki/index.php/AG_blackout).

I remember Isamu Hajime, but that's only because he posted pictures of himself in a skirt. And Kaitou Ace. But he's been around since the dawn of the Internets.

Manhattan_Project_2000
05-28-2009, 09:30 AM
I joined in 2002, but it's all a blur man.

Also, the advanced search doesn't help because I was pre-blackout.

Anime Forum
05-28-2009, 09:40 AM
Um well I'm not one hundred percent sure with this but I do know of a few people that joined in 2008 and are still active or half active.

- Diocletian, but he has changed his name quite a lot but I do believe he posted here with the "Reptar" avatar.

- SigmaSD is kinda active, not as much as before though.

- Tsuki Moon88 is also my generation I believe.

SSDynamite
05-28-2009, 11:11 AM
I guess anyone who joined around June/July last year, though I don't think many of that generation exist o.o
I think that's the time Amray converted to Kajiwara, and the earlier part of that year Diocletian joined (I'm sorry, I don't even know what your name has changed to now ><')

But apart from that I think I'm alone.
I haven't even been here for a year o.o it feels way longer.

Jakiao
05-28-2009, 11:59 AM
Most of the people on my list don't come here anymore. Chibi Jupiter, Prince_Darien77, Princess Pluto, Lynn aka Noodle (can't recall her original chat name), King Darien. Members that are still around are Princess Minako, Kaitou Ace, and Piper; tho, they all predate me by a few months.

So many more names, but I can't recall ;_;

Jagan Eye
05-28-2009, 12:34 PM
I ran a search from 01-01-2004 to 01-01-2005 and members with at least 500 posts. Here are the ones I recognized:

Cantelope
DarkMoonPrince
Die Tod von Euch
Gayle Wind
Gjallarhorn
Kie_D_K
Korobi
Kurumirina
Ms. [Pop is Dead]
MuZ0NaZ
Sophonax
Taikyo
_CTA_

And here are the ones that didn't show up in the search but I remember:

~DizzyElf~
Capernicus
Cross Marion
EIENNI
Jose101
Pengin-san

Capernicus
05-28-2009, 01:06 PM
at didn't show up in the search but I remember:

~DizzyElf~
Capernicus
Cross Marion
EIENNI
Jose101
Pengin-san

That's cause I joined in 2005. =/ U iz 2 0ld fer meh.

NorthOfTime
05-28-2009, 01:08 PM
Obviously 2007 fails this one.... I honestly do not remember anyone from "my time"...

And ye si searched no one loocked familiar an the search thing confussled me to much.

Haoie
05-28-2009, 01:49 PM
No clue. About this time last year I guess.

Mmmmmmmmmm
05-28-2009, 02:08 PM
Whoever is in the 2005-2006 "generation". The search won't work for me.

-akichan-
05-28-2009, 02:20 PM
Whoever is in the 2005-2006 "generation". The search won't work for me.

That's what happened to me when I did the searching too. Random members came up in alphabetical orders when I did the search, even though I put the date of before and after.

NorthOfTime
05-28-2009, 02:26 PM
That's what happened to me when I did the searching too. Random members came up in alphabetical orders when I did the search, even though I put the date of before and after.
So i wasnt the only one it seems?

Eris
05-28-2009, 02:31 PM
People apparently in my generation (joined 2001, posted in 2009) are:

Cless Alvein, Elena, High Risk, Iris, Jakiao, Kyo Kusanagi, Lon, Megumi Oaks, Myrra, Prince Darien, Prince Sapphire, Sanosuke23, SeijouOmni, ShizukaSasayaki and Tira Misu.

We're a vanishing breed, us 2001:ers. The 2002:ers are even worse off, and only a single member from 2000 is still around. They should cross-breed us to maintain a viable gene pool, or we'll go the way of the dodo.

Xieshunnuan
05-28-2009, 03:31 PM
That's cause I joined in 2005. =/ U iz 2 0ld fer meh.

oO really. I just checked my joinned date and it turns out I joined in 2005 too. XD But I don't remember a lot of people because I suddenly stopped(dont' remember why though...)

Capernicus
05-28-2009, 03:57 PM
Yeah, for some reason the join date restrictions weren't working for me either. However, the last post date works, so I used that to narrow it down (I required the last post to be sometime this year at least)

LittleMomo
05-28-2009, 05:43 PM
My question is how come ppl do not remember me in the genertation I came in? xD Have I been outside too long?

Miss Moonlight
05-28-2009, 05:44 PM
My question is how come ppl do not remember me? xD Have I been outside too long?
That's ok, I don't think many people remember me, either, even though I was mentioned a few times. I used to be moonlightkisu.

Xieshunnuan
05-28-2009, 05:48 PM
xD. It's kinda hard to meet with the people who does know me from my generation since they don't come on any more. (wow, I typed anime spelling any haha.)

Seņor Nobody
05-28-2009, 05:49 PM
That's ok, I don't think many people remember me, either, even though I was mentioned a few times. I used to be moonlightkisu.

I remember you, you had trouble with double posting.

Miss Moonlight
05-28-2009, 06:03 PM
I remember you, you had trouble with double posting.
It wasn't so much the trouble with double posting as it was being a complete newb (as opposed to the I guess, semi-newb that I am now), that argued with the mods/admins at the time, and got banned for it. I have actually been banned twice since 2006, lol.

I am "reformed" now, though. :3

Rem Nightfall
05-28-2009, 06:12 PM
No clue. About this time last year I guess.

Um well I'm not one hundred percent sure with this but I do know of a few people that joined in 2008 and are still active or half active.

- Diocletian, but he has changed his name quite a lot but I do believe he posted here with the "Reptar" avatar.

Look family members. :)

Capernicus
05-28-2009, 07:22 PM
My question is how come ppl do not remember me in the genertation I came in? xD Have I been outside too long?
Because I never know if you're still active or not. You come and go, you come and goooOOOOoooo.

*sings about a chameleon*

sa5m
05-28-2009, 09:15 PM

When I did the search, I found you on the 2007 list though. O_o Maybe I did it wrong...

SigmaSD
06-02-2009, 04:20 PM
My AF generation includes:
-suzumi
-Erised
-Dxon
-Demoni
-Dryaxx
-Dark Chocolate
-janeiro
-Morodashi
- -Raiken-
-Kajiwara
-Yilin
-No es ningun juego
-~*Red*~
-Pseudonym
-Jeremiah
-Captain Ellipsis
-Fox McCloud
-Kojack
-Kissed by Neji
-Happy Giraffe
-Hitohikamisoul777
-Azul
-WinterDream

Zedekiah
06-02-2009, 06:11 PM
I don't recall the Pre-Merge stuff.

But I do recall always missing:

Karel.
That funky dude with sunglasses and the protagonist out of School Rumble as his avatar.
Candy.
The Snorewegians.

Eris
06-02-2009, 06:14 PM
But I do recall always missing:

Karel.

I will always miss wondering who took his pictures.

Anime Forum
06-02-2009, 06:14 PM
When I did the search, I found you on the 2007 list though. O_o Maybe I did it wrong...

Nah that cannot be right because I joined June 2008 lmao =] I didn't even really have a computer during 2007 so yea, 2008 is my join year.

Zedekiah
06-02-2009, 06:27 PM
I will always miss wondering who took his pictures.

As I recall, he said his sister was doing it.

Eris
06-02-2009, 06:28 PM
As I recall, he said his sister was doing it.

"Ok". Their relationship is probably normal and healthy.