PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.5 Rogue question

Storm Strife
05-25-2009, 08:36 PM
I'm currently in the process of making a scout-based rogue. However, not being familiar with scouts, and only a little familiar with rogues in general, I'm having difficulty choosing which skills to work on. So far, I've gone with the following:

Move Silently
Hide
Spot
Listen
Climb
Disable Device
Open Lock
Search
Sleight of Hand (will be used to hide specific weapons on character)

Are there any other class skills I can add to my list that could be useful? And whilst I'm at it, are there any recommended feats I should consider?

Tetsanosuke
05-26-2009, 02:08 PM
The Way I see it, any skills that other party members don't have are the main focus, and I'm a bit lacking in my mentality to think of exact things at the moment. I haven't made a rogue myself but I've done research.

Here is a little helpful guide to making a Rogue. (http://forums.gleemax.com/showpost.php?p=2947210&postcount=14)

Here is the mother list. (http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=207643)

I hope this helps you in your decision making.

ShadowWalker
06-05-2009, 12:31 PM
From my experience, rogues and bards are characters that are sometimes better when played as a single force as opposed to being part of a party. Sometimes it works out and sometimes not, if you are able to play one into a party, all the more power too you.

For any truly awesome character, there is a certain balance of race, background and then the class that you want to make them.

I suggest that you pick the prestige class, and work yourself backwards, and for the record, I -love- bards.

I suggest a tiefling bard, with Tymora as a faith, and aside from your standard thieving abilities, set yourself up for something like a Ninja Spy, or even a Justifer if you are leaning towards a thief/ranger mix.

The abilites they get are hot.

Storm Strife
06-05-2009, 04:51 PM
Thanks for the ideas, but I recently found out there's a Scout class in Complete Adventurer. I'm probably going to go for that instead.