PDA

View Full Version : Broccoli

Rem Nightfall
05-21-2009, 08:22 PM
I know this seems like spam, but this one of the most hated freakin vegetables of all. When you were a kid you threw it at your mom, well I did, and when you were older you had traumatizing events of broccoli. But then there were the rare kids who ate their veggies. What do you guys think about broccoli?

And for nightmare reasons:

http://www.bonappetit.com/images/tips_tools_ingredients/ingredients/ttar_broccoli_h.jpg

Ryuuzaki HD
05-21-2009, 08:24 PM
ewwwww.

Acnologia
05-21-2009, 08:25 PM
I always related it to trees. So I liked it.

It's good in cheese sauce.

sa5m
05-21-2009, 08:28 PM
I've always liked it...
I mostly like the green part. Some people like the stems but I don't really like them.

Rem Nightfall
05-21-2009, 08:29 PM

It's good in cheese sauce.

I've always liked it...
I mostly like the green part. Some people like the stems but I don't really like them.

You're now just odd to me. Anarchy of broccoli. No I'm kidding. hahahahahaaha. :laugh: I'm kidding.

Truth be broccoli has always just been bitter to me. It's not as good as cauliflower and it's just blegh.

Manhattan_Project_2000
05-21-2009, 08:29 PM
Fun Fact: Broccoli has an IQ of 10 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lf8SIGpw5do).

As for the veggie itself, I don't really care for it but it's never made me gag. I can think of many veggies that are more gross, such as the dreaded Yam.

Ryuuzaki HD
05-21-2009, 08:31 PM
I can't stand any fruit or veg.

KeijiMaeda
05-21-2009, 08:32 PM
What's wrong with vegetables?

Vegetables are the staple of any diet. If you don't eat those then what do you live off? Fast food? Broccoli is fine with me, and it tastes even better with gravy on it.

Khanxay
05-21-2009, 08:32 PM
Doesn't bother me but hell, I grew up eating bamboo (http://laovoices.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/img_0971-220208.jpg).

Heinekenrana
05-21-2009, 08:33 PM
@MP2K: Yams? Yams are good!! Meh!!!

I like broccoli, raw or cooked, with or without cheese - my favorite way is steamed with garlic. Pretty simple yet really delicious, in my opinion. Thankfully my kids all like it too.

edit: Khanxay, that actually looks really good. Is it?

Rem Nightfall
05-21-2009, 08:34 PM
What's wrong with vegetables?

Vegetables are the staple of any diet. If you don't eat those then what do you live off? Fast food? Broccoli is fine with me, and it tastes even better with gravy on it.

Peas are delicious. Mushrooms. Califlower. Tomatoes. Red Cabbage. I just don't like broccoli.

Gjallarhorn
05-21-2009, 08:38 PM
I've always loved broccoli. Generally steamed, but also cold and with ranch dip.

Khanxay
05-21-2009, 08:48 PM
edit: Khanxay, that actually looks really good. Is it?
Yes, unless you don't enjoy pretty spicy food. (It can be made without Thai peppers but I've never had any that didn't have at least one in there.) There also a bunch of optional stuff that you can mix in as well. I've seen (as in my mom made) it with shrimp, chicken, beef, snails, and [just list just about every common veggie out there including broccoli].

Heinekenrana
05-21-2009, 08:49 PM
Hn. That actually sounds fairly delicious. Thank you. :)

Rem Nightfall
05-21-2009, 08:51 PM
I've always loved broccoli. Generally steamed, but also cold and with ranch dip.

Like double the enemy. Ranch is pretty nasty too.

BDNguyen
05-21-2009, 08:53 PM
Broccoli is delicious and healthy. I don't know what you're talking about.

Rem Nightfall
05-21-2009, 08:56 PM
Broccoli is delicious and healthy. I don't know what you're talking about.

Cauliflower is the better cousin.

Seta Souji
05-21-2009, 09:35 PM
I think they taste fine.

It's good in cheese sauce.Word

ELR
05-21-2009, 11:06 PM
Well, it all depends on how you look at it, what types of foods do you like to eat? How do you normally eat things? Ect.

Broccoli in my own opinion, like all fruits and vegtables, are great, stemmed drizzled with a little cheese and stuff that into a potato peel. Yummy, I might go have one now...

Ωmega
05-21-2009, 11:19 PM
But, but...I love broccoli ;__________________;

[hugs it]

Rem Nightfall
05-21-2009, 11:20 PM
But, but...I love broccoli ;__________________;

[hugs it]

No hugging broccoli is allowed. It's evil.

Miss Moonlight
05-21-2009, 11:23 PM
Omg. This is my topic.

I have always loved broccoli since I was small ... I can't see how people don't like it, it's so good!

and it reminds me of this:

Q1-yWIJi-gg

Legend of the Twilight
05-21-2009, 11:39 PM
I like broccoli, cheese, and potatoes all mixed together. I also like it with chicken too sometimes. I don't like cold broccoli though, it has to be cooked.

Rem Nightfall
05-21-2009, 11:42 PM
I can't believe there are people who haven't been tortured by it's flavor.

High Risk
05-22-2009, 12:59 AM
Broccoli is one of my favorite vegetables.

In my family, if I didn't eat my vegetables my grandma would beat me. I wish I was kidding.

You learn to like a lot of things when you go without dinner for refusing to eat them or get hit for saying you don't want to eat them. Lol.

Cobra Commander
05-22-2009, 01:07 AM
I eat my veggies, but I don't like broccoli. If it's an ingredient, that's fine, like in take out or soup or something.

But I won't eat it plain. I'm the same way with peas, only stricter. I have a seething and never ending hatred of peas. I will not eat them, period. I pick them out of things.

But I eat almost every other veggie. Spinach and green beans are my favorites. I like peppers, too. Some of the ones I really like are from a good Chinese place and I don't know the name of them. I want to say one is some kind of radish, and the other is a really long string bean. Oh, and cabbage. bok choy, american cabbage, whatever. And kim chee. When I mean really long, I mean REALLY LONG. I had a chinese roommate in college, his girlfriend lived with us. She cooked the thing, but didn't know what to call it. When she got ready to cut it, it had to be like six feet long.

Sanosuke23
05-22-2009, 01:15 AM
Broccoli is one of the most delicious vegetables. If I'm feeling particularly health-conscious or am just in the mood, I'll replace fries or yam fries with steamed broccoli.

Cauliflower is alright I suppose, but it is mostly inferior to broccoli. The only exception is when dealing in red sauces.

Khanxay
05-22-2009, 01:20 AM
the other is a really long string bean.
Maybe this? (Though the ones in the link are pretty damn large...)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_beans

Oh and I grew up eating green beans too. (http://www.flickr.com/photos/thevortext/300017285/)

Cobra Commander
05-22-2009, 01:24 AM
Bingo! Yard long bean. She had it coiled up so it might have just looked like a huge one. The pictures of it are exactly what it was.

They taste very similar, if not identical to the usual green bean you find in the grocery store, but they get cooked with garlic, sesame oil, and some sort of fish or seafood ingredient. Deliciousness.

rf switch
05-22-2009, 04:30 AM
I love broccoli, doesn't really matter how it's made. I usually like it alot.

Brussell Sprouts are about the only veggie that i really dislike.

kero_-_chan
05-22-2009, 04:46 AM
LUUUUUUURVE broccoli. loved it since i was able to eat it, gotta love broccoli!

IFS
05-22-2009, 05:10 AM
I like broccoli, like people have said before it goes great with cheese and gravy not sure about the other things.

Datenshi
05-22-2009, 05:26 AM
I love broccoli. I eat it like I eat any other vegetable; uncooked, with nothing added to it (but that's mostly due to the fact that I can't cook worth beans). You'll notice that good vegetables have a slightly sweet flavor that you can't get from junk food.

Eris
05-22-2009, 05:47 AM
Broccoli is great if it's cooked right. It can be pretty nasty if it isn't.

Brussel sprouts on the other hand. What the hell? That is concentrated, green evil. It is impossible to get to taste even remotely good.

kero_-_chan
05-22-2009, 05:54 AM
then who is cooking your sprouts dude? my oma used to cook the best god damn vegetable soup when i was a kid, and it had brussel sprouts. i miss that meal.

JIMBO.
05-22-2009, 06:03 AM
love the stuff and it helps me poop, always got a bag of it in the freezer.

if you dont like it that much great some cheese on it.

.fnhvmnvmv
05-22-2009, 06:23 AM
I don't like it. I don't hate it.

suzumi
05-22-2009, 06:30 AM
Doesn't bother me but hell, I grew up eating bamboo (http://laovoices.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/img_0971-220208.jpg).

Bamboo is good!!

I love broccoli. I eat it like I eat any other vegetable; uncooked, with nothing added to it (but that's mostly due to the fact that I can't cook worth beans). You'll notice that good vegetables have a slightly sweet flavor that you can't get from junk food.

So you eat onions and radish like that too, eh? =P

I like broccoli. My favorite way to eat it is in a stir-fry.

Khanxay
05-22-2009, 07:03 AM
Bamboo is good!!

Yes!

...Except for the really bitter ones. Man, a few weeks ago I ate some (even though my parents warned me) and the taste just made me feel... dirty. So, so dirty.

MoroDashi
05-22-2009, 07:07 AM
I actually like Broccoli. The stalk is nice ;P

Sanosuke23
05-22-2009, 08:24 AM

Brussel sprouts on the other hand. What the hell? That is concentrated, green evil. It is impossible to get to taste even remotely good.

Lies and slander! Cook them in a pan with a little(I don't have the exact measurements, I personally have always eyeballed it since I don't care if I put too much/too little and have never thought to measure it until now) balsamic vinegar on medium-high heat until they brown on one side. It's remarkably quick, maybe five or so minutes.

High Risk
05-22-2009, 08:28 AM
I find that raw broccoli is wonderful with ranch or vegetable dip, but of course if you can't stand uncooked broccoli I guess it doesn't matter what you eat it with.

Amarhyllis
05-22-2009, 09:34 AM
I love broccoli! Not so much when I was a child. I hardly ate any veggies, but now I can't get enough of them.

I go for the classic broccoli and cheese when I eat my broccoli, or dip it in ranch dressing.

I went from hating veggies to hating fruit. I don't like fruit...
Especially bananas...

wowzabunny
05-22-2009, 10:40 AM
lol its food
i eat it but i dont like it

Lola Granola
05-22-2009, 02:35 PM
http://chungalex.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/choppin__broccoli97ostandard.png

SigmaSD
05-22-2009, 02:38 PM
I like broccoli, and despite many people here, I was never given broccoli as a child. The only vegetable I have a problem with is green beans.

And I don't know if it's a fruit or a vegetable, but I don't like tomatoes either.

Rem Nightfall
05-22-2009, 02:38 PM
Why do so many love broccoli?

Actually you get more nutrientional value if you eat it raw rather than cooked.

_-Anonymous-_
05-22-2009, 02:49 PM

I have always loved broccoli since I was small ... I can't see how people don't like it, it's so good!

I love broccoli.

specialy the stem part .

~DizzyElf~
05-22-2009, 03:39 PM
I adore broccoli.

Stem or not.
Ranch or cheese.
Cooked or raw.
Broccoli is delicious.

and healthy!

Baka
05-22-2009, 03:48 PM
Whenever I hear the word broccoli I think of Rock Lee because they rhyme.
http://i596.photobucket.com/albums/tt50/iluvleekun/Leepic.gif

I like the taste of broccili if it has cheese on it. Otherwise, EEWWW!!!

Ayame_Sohma
05-22-2009, 04:27 PM
I hate broccoli but the only time i will eat it is if there is loads and loads of cheese on them.

Rem Nightfall
05-22-2009, 04:35 PM
I hate broccoli but the only time i will eat it is if there is loads and loads of cheese on them.

Finally someone who doesn't like broccoli.

Miss Moonlight
05-22-2009, 04:37 PM
I like broccoli just as it is. Sometimes i'll eat it with a bit of salt, pepper and margarine. Cheese is good too, but raw/plain vegetables are better!

Rem Nightfall
05-22-2009, 04:40 PM
I like broccoli just as it is. Sometimes i'll eat it with a bit of salt, pepper and margarine. Cheese is good too, but raw/plain vegetables are better!

Traitor, traitor. I'm kidding. :laugh:

Anime Forum
05-22-2009, 04:40 PM
Yum Broccoli is delicious. Its really tasty when you dip it in cheese and actually, Broccoli would have to be my 2nd favorite vegi of all time.

_-Anonymous-_
05-22-2009, 04:42 PM
man i am really hungry right now ...

gutta have some broccoli with tomato sauce :P

Rem Nightfall
05-22-2009, 04:50 PM
man i am really hungry right now ...

gutta have some broccoli with tomato sauce :P

Odd combination mind you. Very odd.

Eris
05-22-2009, 05:03 PM
Odd combination mind you. Very odd.

Odd indeed... Almost like what someone who had just landed on Earth after studying our culture from 60 years of television broadcasts would eat. I'm just saying.

BlazingSoul
05-28-2009, 06:44 PM
Broccoli and beef stew... Yum~ I agree with Maru-senpai. I love broccoli but only to the extent of food XD.

DarkMoonPrince
05-28-2009, 06:53 PM
Omg. This is my topic.

Pretty much what Miss Moonlight said, I love broccoli, even like Hotpockets (broccoli and cheese), also broccoli and rice, oh! and broccoli with sound and Chowder! =3, I like broccoli so live with it! xD:p

Miss Moonlight
05-28-2009, 07:06 PM
Pretty much what Miss Moonlight said, I love broccoli, even like Hotpockets (broccoli and cheese), also broccoli and rice, oh! and broccoli with sound and Chowder! =3, I like broccoli so live with it! xD:p
Hoottt Pockeettts (http://video.yahoo.com/watch/4653268/12437422)! ... rofl. Had to say that.

But yes, I love all types of broccoli. I like plain broccoli, broccoli with cheese, and broccoli with butter. The hot pockets with broccoli are always good.

Have you tried the hotpocket-hotpocket?

Rem Nightfall
05-28-2009, 07:06 PM
You broccoli lovers. Stay away from me. And keep that mini green tree away from me. Or it resembles a tree.

~Mithrosent~
05-28-2009, 07:31 PM
I've always enjoyed Broccoli... o.o;
Personally, It's my second favorite veggie, other than Carrots. Yumm-o.

Miss Moonlight
05-28-2009, 07:33 PM
You broccoli lovers. Stay away from me. And keep that mini green tree away from me. Or it resembles a tree.
When I was small, I used to pretend that my mashed potaoes were the clouds and my broccoli was the trees.

I made eating into a masterpiece. A messy one, hehe.

DarkMoonPrince
05-28-2009, 07:35 PM
Hoottt Pockeettts (http://video.yahoo.com/watch/4653268/12437422)! ... rofl. Had to say that.

But yes, I love all types of broccoli. I like plain broccoli, broccoli with cheese, and broccoli with butter. The hot pockets with broccoli are always good.

Have you tried the hotpocket-hotpocket?

Lol, of course I have! and i love them! also just plain boiled broccoli is good.

Not eating healthy, no? broccoli's good, come on- taste it xD You'll Love it!

OtakuInu!!!
05-28-2009, 08:25 PM
We never ate them because they looked like trees, also Mom doesn't buy them because she knows we'll never eat them. And I think they're hard to chew (I have braces).

Mitchyru
05-28-2009, 08:31 PM
I never liked it- and I never hated it.

It seems so juicy, and the ''juice'' tastes so bad.

CrystalAce
05-29-2009, 12:54 AM

Same here, I also love broccoli. But I prefer to eat them somewhat half-cooked. I eat most of my vegetables as raw/plain as possible. That way, it just tastes good and also, refreshing:p .

Zedekiah
05-29-2009, 06:56 PM
http://www.ideavoid.com/blog/images/picard.gif

I look forward to your report!

http://broccolipicard.ytmnd.com/

Rem Nightfall
05-29-2009, 07:47 PM
When I was small, I used to pretend that my mashed potaoes were the clouds and my broccoli was the trees.

I made eating into a masterpiece. A messy one, hehe.
hahahahahaha. That is so amusing.

Not eating healthy, no? broccoli's good, come on- taste it xD You'll Love it!

I eat other vegetables. Just not broccoli.

Sanosuke23
05-29-2009, 08:10 PM
I never liked it- and I never hated it.

It seems so juicy, and the ''juice'' tastes so bad.

... "Juicy?" Someone is clearly doing it wrong in your kitchen.

Seņor Nobody
05-29-2009, 10:34 PM
I like broccoli, it's healthy and delicious. Especially with teh cheese!

Storm Strife
05-29-2009, 10:45 PM
Suck it up, it's tastes decent. You want something worse? Swede (or Rutabaga)

jnLL
05-30-2009, 07:46 AM
Maaaaan, I LOVE Broccoli. Especially with Mushrooms --->weird.