PDA

View Full Version : Yu Yu Hakusho: Shisenjou no Aria?

Anomura
05-14-2009, 12:27 AM
In the Yu Yu Hakusho section there is a song titled "Shisenjou no Aria", aria of my eye. While some people debate over the correct reading, only a very few people refer to this song as "Shisenjou no Aria". The reading recognized by most people is "Manazashi no Aria", translated as aria of a glance.

PS - There IS a song called "Shisenjou no Aria", but it's a 70s Jpop song and has nothing to do with YYH.

AzureDark
05-14-2009, 02:03 AM
The poster of the lyric did comment about it here (http://community.livejournal.com/animelyricsanon/16405.html#cutid1).

The title of the song is given as 視線上のアリア. It doesn't say 'manazashi' if you read the kanji, but then again there are times when one kanji is given a completely different reading in furigana, a literature style called the figurative.

The only way to prove that 視線上 is read 'manazashi' is through scans of the booklet. I have checked with anison.info and the song corresponds to しせんじょう and not まなざし. Added to my own comment to the LJ post I linked above, where I suspect it is a smart pun, I am in favour of it being called 'Shisenjou no Aria', unless you direct me to the scans.