PDA

View Full Version : First Annual Vga's

onslaught2029
12-04-2003, 11:04 PM
I didn't get to see all of it, but I think it went pretty well overall. Do you think it will be back next year? BTW, i don't think Madden should have won Game of the Year.

LXnekket
12-05-2003, 04:47 PM
My opinion is...if you want to watch video games on TV, get the G4 channel. Spike is good for one thing and one thing only: Most Extreme Elimination Challenge.

One Winged Angel
12-05-2003, 09:58 PM
Like any award show, the VGA's were pretty lame and all flash. And of course, all of the typical titles won their respective awards. Oh, and the use of celebrities that you KNOW that don't play videogames...yeah they tried too hard with that one. This show was no more entertaining or informative then reading the top ten (50, 100 whatever) on a website or in a gaming mag.

...and as for MXC...HELL YEAH!!! :P

Manhattan_Project_2000
12-12-2003, 04:11 PM
All awards given by the VGA's are null and void for one reason; They gave the best Movie Game Award to "Enter the Matrix" even though Two Towers has come out in the last 12 months. Not to mention the fact that they had an impromptu Wrestling Match.

G-Phoria was much better, even though it was, at times too nerdy for even my tastes.

Jimbo
12-12-2003, 04:29 PM
I totally agree, plus I get how they wanted to be different by just announcing the winners, I wanted to see the competition of the winner. I know you could have went online and looked at the nominees, but I'm too lazy to go and look at the site. G4 is a better channel if you want to watch Video Games all day, even though I don't have it, I watch it all the time at my friend's house it's pretty good. Hopefully IF they have a VGA next year it will be better than this one, cuz it was pretty much horrrrrendus. I mean the whole focus of the VGA's was T&A via the DOA Beach Volleyball Girls, sigh when will they learn. I'd like to reconsider the game of the year though, Madden is a GREAT game. I'm not too big on sports games, more of a nerdy RPGer, but Madden is one of the few simulation sports titles I play. Very fun, and very competitive, but then again it's all in the eye of the beholder.

Manhattan_Project_2000
12-12-2003, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Jimbo@Dec 12 2003, 05:23 PM
I mean the whole focus of the VGA's was T&A via the DOA Beach Volleyball Girls, sigh when will they learn.
I think G4 had DOA Volleyball girls too, but they were Cosplayers as opposed to Cheerleaders in bikinis

Jimbo
12-17-2003, 01:29 PM
Yeah, very true, but as any good otaku knows, there's a difference between selling sex and selling a video game. Hopefully they'll notice their faults and do something next year, but then again they need a video game show on the network. The whole VGA thing took me by surprise, I was like "Spike TV and a video game award show?" The only reason I watch Spike is because WWE is on it(Yes I watch wrestling, and yes I know it's fixed, but it's so damn entertaining for me).