PDA

View Full Version : When and Where do Anime Conventions Take Place Here in the Philippines?

OtakuInu!!!
05-05-2009, 11:15 PM
Hi!!! I'm an otaku from the Philippines wanting to go to a convention here in the Philippines but can't seem to know the time and place for one.

I also want to cosplay so can you please give me some suggestions on who to cosplay. And I can't make their clothes since we don't have the tools and the skills to make them so we (the Filipino otakus) sometimes/most times buy them.

Please reply.

Thanks!!!

The Grey Crane
05-07-2009, 12:48 PM
Actually, tons of Filipino cosplayers have the tools, the dough, and the skills to make costumes.

I'm not sure 'bout the exact dates but as a country and a nation that's so fond of anime there are lots of cons being held every year. The bigger cons like the ones held by anime channels are held in big venues as well like SMX convention center, and the World Trade Center. Some are held at UP, Megamall, Glorietta, so on and so forth.

I'm no cosplayer but cosplay you say? http://cosplay.ph/news.php

OtakuInu!!!
05-07-2009, 09:05 PM
Actually, tons of Filipino cosplayers have the tools, the dough, and the skills to make costumes.

I'm not sure 'bout the exact dates but as a country and a nation that's so fond of anime there are lots of cons being held every year. The bigger cons like the ones held by anime channels are held in big venues as well like SMX convention center, and the World Trade Center. Some are held at UP, Megamall, Glorietta, so on and so forth.

I'm no cosplayer but cosplay you say? http://cosplay.ph/news.php

Thanks!!!

I just don't know the exact dates.

I never been to one.

Yeah I know we do but my family doesn't have tools like the sewing machine, money: we find ways, skills: we can learn.

Thanks really!!!

Now just need the dates.

I'll click on that link to see when's the next.

FLASH-X
05-08-2009, 01:42 AM
hey try googling it ..just cheak recent cosplay or anime convention dates in philipines or try up coming dates.... i hope that helps :P

Shunshin Jhey-sama
06-05-2009, 05:45 AM
Well, I can help you there. . .^^

I'm not much of a con-ongoer but I do get invited and infos from some of my friends. . .^_~

Here in the Philippines we get to have an anime/cosplay conventions held every month of the year for at least 2 years already. . .^^
Do come on even at least 1 of them, its guaranteed a lot of fun. . .^,~)b