PDA

View Full Version : Beat the heat

Acnologia
05-04-2009, 10:44 PM
Summer is approaching! Get out your swimsuits and summer clothes! Too bad not all of us are able to enjoy it like so many others. The heat tends to exhaust me and make me feel sick. I usually stay inside and sit in front of the AC, or a fan. How do you cool off?

Heinekenrana
05-04-2009, 10:45 PM
Central air, for the win! Before ours was fixed we used window fans (blah @ 100 percent humidity), but now the AC is working just fine.

Too bad it's been below 60 the last three days. >_<

Miss Moonlight
05-04-2009, 10:46 PM
Ice, iced coffee, fans, and even the folded-paper ones. :3

Rem Nightfall
05-04-2009, 10:46 PM
I tend go naked. hahahahahahaa. I kid. That was a joke. Me and my fiance[as of Tuesday of last week] usually go to the ocean. Put on some sun screen and go to my dad's ocean view house. I inherited in his will life is sweet near the ocean.

Seņor Nobody
05-04-2009, 10:47 PM
I'll be swimming since I live near the beach. I just pray that I don't drown! ^^

Forgotten Show
05-04-2009, 11:45 PM
I'm a Floridian. We don't "beat" the heat. We embrace it. The hotter and more humid, the better.

:cool:

Bad Memory

Teddy2116
05-05-2009, 12:26 AM
I'm a Floridian. We don't "beat" the heat. We embrace it. The hotter and more humid, the better.

:cool:

Bad Memory

LOL i also live in florida and this summer the way im going to beat the "heat" is that im moving up north

October.
05-05-2009, 01:08 AM
though the place i live is cooler than most parst of India, it's beginning to get hot..so i stay indoors..i don't have much means of cooling down myself...just the breeze...

Khanxay
05-05-2009, 01:46 AM
Back then, I'd make water balloons and try to catch them with my face after tossing them forty feet into the air. If I didn't have balloons, I'd just jump in the nearest pool, which just happens to be part of a cheap motel (I never got in trouble for it). I also used to get to that same motel to steal ice (large sheets of ice cubes) and toss pieces down in the back of my (or friend's) shirt . No wait, I still do that...

lovelicious
05-05-2009, 02:54 AM
It's cold here atm in Denmark. Usually when it gets hot, my friends and I would lay down outside with ice cream in hand and sunglasses on.

Haoie
05-05-2009, 05:22 AM
It's winter here, thank you.

LittleGirl
05-05-2009, 06:15 AM
I looove summer! Thankfully I have AC in my house. And a pool, but it doesn't have a heater, so if it's not hot out, the pool is a little too cold for my taste. I'm a wimp getting into cold water. It takes me like 10 minutes. XD

Oh, yeah ice cream, popsicles and smoothies!

SeraphimAriaRhapsody
05-05-2009, 09:48 AM
I usually open the windows and turn on the fan till night time.

I also registered for swimming class at my local community college for the summer.

Eris
05-05-2009, 10:04 AM
I think I'm gonna build an AC this summer. I have all the theoretical knowledge I need, and as an added bonus, it's a neat hack.

mstrmnd48
05-05-2009, 10:13 AM
i go and jump into a random lake.

Amray The II
05-05-2009, 10:16 AM
I love the summer. Not only is the atmosphere clear and hot that I can sleep easily but also, when I go into town or somewhere similar, there are girls wearing skirts everywhere! I find summer a really relaxing and nice season; especially because I am always outdoors.

If I get too hot I usually just eat ice-cream or an ice-lolly. That is usually enough to cool me.

Baka
05-05-2009, 11:53 AM
I just run the AC or sit in front of a fan. Sometimes I go to the lake. It gets really hot where I live and I hate it. I need to move!!!

JIMBO.
05-05-2009, 12:21 PM
my summer clothes are much the same as my normal ones

I just roll my pant legs up and wear my sandels insted of my boots and wear my bandana on my head more.

Eris
05-05-2009, 01:06 PM
i go and jump into a random lake.

A lake of acid? A sea of blood? A river of souls?

SigmaSD
05-05-2009, 01:20 PM
I just beat the heat by drinking more fluids and sitting in my AC cooled room. I don't usually go out when the sun is really hot, but if I have to, I usually shower since I don't like getting all sweaty. Unfortunately for me I can't go out that much in the evenings or night because I'm allergic to mosquito bites. :(

SSDynamite
05-05-2009, 01:29 PM
If I get too hot I usually just eat ice-cream or an ice-lolly. That is usually enough to cool me.

I bought some ice lolly makers form matalan the other week :3

And I usually cool down with a nice cold drink or just laying around, less movement = less heat :3

Buruku
05-05-2009, 02:14 PM
I take care of my errands in the early morning...usually stay inside when it's the hottest, drink cold drinks...wear less clothes, etc.

Mmmmmmmmmm
05-05-2009, 02:17 PM
In Florida, it can get to like 100F. It's ridiculous.

Inside: AC, strip down to less clothes/thinner clothes, drink water.
Outside: Tons of sunscreen since I'm 'albino', and jump into my pool.

mstrmnd48
05-05-2009, 02:23 PM
A lake of acid? A sea of blood? A river of souls?

all three sound great for me.

Light Buster
05-05-2009, 02:35 PM
Air conditioning, water, and video games!!!! (sarcastic)

Mmmmmmmmmm
05-05-2009, 02:44 PM
Air conditioning, water, and video games!!!! (sarcastic)
How was any of that sarcastic except the video games part?

Sagat
05-05-2009, 03:00 PM
..Like any normal person in North America, i use an AC... I ain't livin in Africa here for god sake.

Mmmmmmmmmm
05-05-2009, 03:02 PM
..Like any normal person in North America, i use an AC... I ain't livin in Africa here for god sake.
What would we do if all of ours' AC's broke? I think everyone would melt.

Gero50
05-05-2009, 03:19 PM
Well that depends I for one rather like the heat rather then the cold but, I can deal with both. If it gets to hot and I need to cool off I use a large fan and turn it on high

blueangel06661
05-05-2009, 04:13 PM
Living in Florida all your life.. You get used to the heat pretty quick.

However on those really hot days I usually use anything to fan myself off with. Like a giant leaf or a piece of paper... What ever is handy.

I don't swim much to cool off because I get too cold and I have to get out >.< Weird eh?? Even when it's 100 degrees out. So I basically just deal with the heat and complain about it at times :D

Diocletian
05-05-2009, 05:55 PM
I'm from California so I've grown used to it. It really isn't that bad. Damn complainers!

Eris
05-05-2009, 07:26 PM
I'm from California so I've grown used to it. It really isn't that bad. Damn complainers!

That is just un-natural. If people were made for temperatures above 25C / 80 F, they would come with built in air conditioners. 25C/80F is the warmest I can stand. Is start complaining at 20 C/ 70 F.

What I don't understand is people who can't stand cold though. Even down at -40 C / -40 F I won't complain. Sure, it nips a bit, but it feels all the better when you come back in.

Forgotten Show
05-05-2009, 07:33 PM
LOL i also live in florida and this summer the way im going to beat the "heat" is that im moving up north

Traitor!

What would we do if all of ours' AC's broke? I think everyone would melt.

Speak for yourself. I grew up outside more than inside, and I can take care of myself just fine even at the height of summer. Stay in the shade, stay hydrated, add sunscreen of whatever flavor suits you, and do most of the strenuous stuff before noon or after 5. Most natives to hotter environs know this if they've ever spent any amount of time outside. It's a shame the Northerners who move down here or visit don't listen to us a little more often.

;)

Bad Memory

Diocletian
05-05-2009, 07:38 PM
That is just un-natural. If people were made for temperatures above 25C / 80 F, they would come with built in air conditioners. 25C/80F is the warmest I can stand. Is start complaining at 20 C/ 70 F.

I've been to San Francisco and Arizona where the summers are at least 100 (More so in Arizona, SF is just moderate). Why would I complain about 90 degree weather?

Darnit Eris you wouldn't be hot if you took off those darn bags off your head!

blueangel06661
05-05-2009, 08:28 PM
I've been to San Francisco and Arizona where the summers are at least 100 (More so in Arizona, SF is just moderate). Why would I complain about 90 degree weather?

Darnit Eris you wouldn't be hot if you took off those darn bags off your head!

It's also pretty bad in Florida because you have that added humidity

And 90 degrees isn't much to complain about anyways. After all your body maintains a 98degrees temp. year around basically.

polaris 北極星
05-06-2009, 12:32 AM
It's also pretty bad in Florida because you have that added humidity

not all of florida is that bad. when i lived in miami-dade it was pretty much always hot and humid. if you didnt have an ac... youd be in trouble. but when i lived in gainesville it wasnt nearly as hot. and being further inland; it didnt get the humidity that bad.

golden girl
05-06-2009, 12:59 AM
Well I mostly sit in with the air conditioner switched oh we waste such a great deal of electricity but really it makes me feel good and y'know here in India i guess i should say Agra, the temperature is goin' upto 53 or 54 degree celsius and still, we have to go to school it becomes sooooo difficult to bear and these heartless people want to kill us anyways i even like leamonades and all during summers and yes icecubes i eat them like toffees.

Seta Souji
05-06-2009, 02:09 AM
I'm from California so I've grown used to it. It really isn't that bad. Damn complainers!I love California weather. Never gets too hot and theres beaches and cool breezes. I just wish there was a little more rain.

Summer is approaching! Get out your swimsuits and summer clothes! Too bad not all of us are able to enjoy it like so many others. The heat tends to exhaust me and make me feel sick. I usually stay inside and sit in front of the AC, or a fan. How do you cool off?I go to the beach, long bike rides, play sports, and sometimes stay home n watch movies/anime or read manga. I usually stay shirtless, wear sandals, and shorts so i don't get tan lines.

THE ICE ANGEL
05-06-2009, 08:01 AM
AC AC AC..eating icecream and drinking ice cold water infront of the..AC AC AC