PDA

View Full Version : Mother 3 and such?

seiteki_otaku
05-04-2009, 08:29 PM
I didn't find out about this until I first played SSB and
played as Lucas. I always wondered what game he
came from and apparently its something like "Earthbound"
and/or "Mother 3" (which makes no sense to me)
and supposedly, it was never released in America.
If you can either explain why this is or explain what
Mother 3 is about, that'd be schweeet! :] I always feel
I have to know a characters background before I claim them
(I say "claim" because it turns out, Lucas and Ness are my
best characters in SSB Brawl)

Haoie
05-05-2009, 05:27 AM
Know Earthbound? That's Mother 2.

That'd be the spiritual successor.

JIMBO.
05-05-2009, 10:13 AM
earthbound were RPG nes and snes games they lacked action for it to hook me.

I got links to where to get them if you want but 3 is just for the japanese gba so your out of luck there.

KillerDragonX
05-28-2009, 11:38 AM
eh i didnt like mother 3, earthbound was the best rpg ive ever played on the snes

Storm Strife
05-28-2009, 11:54 AM
Basically, the Mother series is a bunch of games which, for the most part, have never been released outside of Japan. Started with Mother on the NES. It was due for release in the US around 1990 or so, but as the Super Nintendo was due for release at the same time, marketing felt that it wouldn't be profitable. As such, release on the game was placed on indefinite hold.

Next came Earthbound / Mother 2, which was a distant sequel to Mother. While popular in Japan, commercial response in the US was not at all good. It is, however, considered a cult classic.

Finally, Mother 3, the final game in the series. Was released in 2006, yet again in Japan only. There have been a multitude of petitions and demands for NoA to have the game localised, but as of yet, there are no actual plans to release the game in America. Most determined gamers have pretty much gone "Screw this" and pirated it with a fan translation.

Meanwhile, Europe has yet to see the Mother series, a bit like Chrono Trigger really, only with no DS release.

Robin Sena
05-28-2009, 02:06 PM
I remember Earthbound; I got the soundtrack album.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h15/jet550/eb.jpg

KillerDragonX
05-28-2009, 02:57 PM
awww man i wanted that, where did you get it?

Robin Sena
05-28-2009, 07:19 PM
awww man i wanted that, where did you get it?
From some now defunct ordering; I was lucky to get it in the first place.

Manhattan_Project_2000
05-28-2009, 09:59 PM
I played it. I got sad after I killed my save state and never touched it again. Seemed inferior to Earthbound, though.

@OP: LEARN 2 WIKI: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother_3

GaarasPuddingLover
05-30-2009, 01:33 PM
I've been watching game play videos for Earthbound and geez it looks fun. I don't know how to work an emulator to save my life so I won't pe playing it any time soon...