PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite anime/manga eyes?

.Sev
05-04-2009, 12:32 AM
As any anime/manga fan knows, there is about a million ways of doing eyes. What is your favorite? Mine is ranma 1/2(Manga). Rumiko Takahashi has a way of using a simple design and doing so much with it. But I must also mention tohru's from fruit basket(Again, the manga). I love how the author does the cross hatching!
My favorite anime eyes are probably The melancholy of haruhi suzumiya off the top of my head. I probably have another I like better, but I can't think at the moment...

Amray The II
05-04-2009, 08:38 AM
My favourite eye design in an anime are the Lucky Star ones. Notably Tsukasa Hiiragi's eyes, I fell in love with them. They are so huge and adorable!

The characters' eyes in Full Metal Panic! were also done really well, I think. I also adored Hellsing Ultimate when the characters wore glasses that reflected so that they appeared pure white, or orange where Alucard is concerned. That is another of my favourite art designs in anime: the reflecting glasses.

lunacyfringe
05-04-2009, 09:14 AM
this is pretty im pressive, i love anime/manga eyes, thats what im good at drawing, i think the eyes are the most showy thing on the charactor, ill add onto your rep

.Sev
05-04-2009, 11:55 AM
this is pretty im pressive, i love anime/manga eyes, thats what im good at drawing, i think the eyes are the most showy thing on the charactor, ill add onto your rep

Me too, eyes are one of the things I can draw pretty well...

mstrmnd48
05-04-2009, 11:58 AM
As any anime/manga fan knows, there is about a million ways of doing eyes. What is your favorite? Mine is ranma 1/2(Manga). Rumiko Takahashi has a way of using a simple design and doing so much with it. But I must also mention tohru's from fruit basket(Again, the manga). I love how the author does the cross hatching!
My favorite anime eyes are probably The melancholy of haruhi suzumiya off the top of my head. I probably have another I like better, but I can't think at the moment...

i agree with you of the The Melancholy Of Haruhi Suzumiya eyes. best eyes i have seen yet.

OtakuInu!!!
05-05-2009, 05:23 AM
I love Naruto eyes especially Sharingan and Byakugan. :laugh:

Yeah FMP's eyes are cool too.:cool:

Also Rurouni Kenshin, Ultra Maniac, Death Note, Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge.:)

shinryou
05-05-2009, 06:16 AM
Haruhi and K-ON! eye style are probably my favorite... simple and nice looking...

[Spoiler]
05-05-2009, 07:48 AM
I don't know, all anime eyes look pretty much the same. Especially on females.

sa5m
05-05-2009, 08:54 AM
I looove Arina Tanemura's eyes. They're so detailed and beautiful. They show so much emotion.

John Watson
05-05-2009, 09:13 AM
The character eyes from Trinity Blood definitely~
They're so colorful and pretty, sparkly too. Extremely shoujo-like. <333

JIMBO.
05-05-2009, 09:28 AM
I love the eyes in Trigun the manga, Nightow drew them all difrent like the thing with Vash and his glasses he wears them to hide what his eyes show be it sadness, rage, fear or pain and even if he's not human that kind of thing makes him seem more human than anyone,

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/jimbo8472/vasheyes.jpg

wowzabunny
05-05-2009, 09:30 AM
bleach and naruto eyes

Darth Vaida
05-08-2009, 08:18 AM
Alichino and Petshop of Horrors eyes....They have such beautiful detail in them.

Memento Mori
05-09-2009, 08:50 AM
The eyes from the movie Mind Game are cool. Well, the whole style is cool, though.

IcePriestess
05-09-2009, 09:17 AM
10th Squad captain's Hitsugaya Toushirou eyes ( actually i like everything about him :D)

Look below at the signature

rikumi
05-10-2009, 01:59 AM
I like those dazzling eyes from Otomen. Aya Kanno succesfully draws my ideal type of manga eyes!

Oh, I also like D.Gray-man's eye style and Katekyoushi Hitman Reborn's.

Gero50
05-11-2009, 12:57 AM
I don't really have a favorite I see to many different ways plus I don't always have the same style all the time.

midori-no-ink
05-12-2009, 02:19 PM
Good call on Takahashi! That's one of my favorites, too :)

I also love how Tatsunoko Productions (Speed Racer, Gatchaman, etc.) do their eyes, as well as how Osamu Tezuka did his (like in Princess Knight). To make eyes sparkle without the use of tone is impressive if you ask me.

CLAMP-style eyes, especially like in Cardcaptor Sakura, are also great in my opinion.

Cool topic :)

tenzo_groupie
05-13-2009, 06:14 AM
Interesting choice of topic. It deserves a rep from me.

Come to think of it, i do like Mizuki Ashiya's eyes from Hana Kimi.