PDA

View Full Version : Weird Male Paradox

Rem Nightfall
04-28-2009, 09:45 PM
Man I've noticed something weird. Men complain about having a girl who just doesn't understand his obsession with video games the way he does. But whenever he finds a certain girl whom go for video games, he gets mad that the girl he is dating is playing video games. Why is this? How does this make sense? What is this weird male paradox?

Miss Digital Moonlight
04-28-2009, 09:48 PM
Well, I don't have a "intellectual" explanation for it. It doesn't make sense, really.

I believe it can be explained as "douchebaggery". It's common in both sexes.

=P

Rem Nightfall
04-28-2009, 09:51 PM
Well, I don't have a "intellectual" explanation for it. It doesn't make sense, really.

I believe it can be explained as "douchebaggery". It's common in both sexes.

=P

I see. Well that is weird man. Then don't go talking about how you want a girl to play games with you and want to have a girl gamer as a girlfriend man.

Miss Digital Moonlight
04-28-2009, 09:54 PM
I see. Well that is weird man. Then don't go talking about how you want a girl to play games with you and want to have a girl gamer as a girlfriend man.
Well, if a man really wants a girl gamer, then he should be happy with a girl gamer. If his idea of what a "girl gamer" is doesn't match the reality of what a "girl gamer" may be, then he's usually auto-set for disapointment, anyway.

Rem Nightfall
04-28-2009, 09:56 PM
Well, if a man really wants a girl gamer, then he should be happy with a girl gamer. If his idea of what a "girl gamer" is doesn't match the reality of what a "girl gamer" may be, then he's usually auto-set for disapointment, anyway.

True. Personally, I like my GF cause she'll join me in games. We take turns and even play on hours on end solo. We never get mad at each other or anything. I don't get the males of this modern world. When I was a kid this isn't the way young men were suppose to behave.

Wolfwood
04-29-2009, 07:09 AM
I don't get that at all. I'd love to have a girl who's into games aswell ^_^. Although last time that happened, i took many a shot to the ribs for beating her in smash bros. :P
It wasn't made any better when she went around telling everyone that i 'beat' her O_o... fun times ^^

rf switch
04-29-2009, 12:28 PM
I haven't noticed this problem.

I have noticed that a large chunk of female gamers who play more "hardcore" games aren't exactly people I'd like to be with.

Datenshi
04-29-2009, 12:44 PM
Testosterone.

Next question, please.

Tetsanosuke
04-29-2009, 01:32 PM
Depends on the factors. Having a gamer girl would be awesome as a girlfriend, unless she'd rather play games than be with you (a majority of the time), in that case, there really isn't much else you can say. It's obvious.

All I can say is, look at the factors around each situation, sometimes there might be reasons. Sometimes it's something you wont be able to answer.

Miss Digital Moonlight
04-29-2009, 02:01 PM
OMG, I think that girl went to high school with me, no joke. :O She didn't seem like the type to do those sort of things either.

Oh and to answer the thread: maybe the guy gets mad at the girl gamer because she kicks his butt in video games. That's the only explanation. Or it could be that the guy thinks she's "guyish" in a way, since she likes games.
When I was smaller, I thought games were just for guys (at that time, they sort of were). But my mom actually got me into them at a young age (around 8), so I usually didn't mind playing them after that.

It's kinda ridiculous if your boyfriend/husband gets mad at you for beating him at games. As if video games were the epitome of male uniqueness, anyway.

I find it awesome when a woman beats a guy at a particularly hard game (whatever it may be, it doesn't have to be a video game). Then come the jeers of "you got beat by a girl!!" as if it were the hardest and most meaningful task to accomplish, ever.

i_say_sabotage
04-29-2009, 02:12 PM
Hm.... Maybe when guys say they want a "gamer girlfriend" it's actually somebody who knows AT LEAST the difference between Konami and Squaresoft. Like, a girl who appreciates games and 'knows' how to play them... Not somebody who would scoff and think it's immature...

Seriously though, which guy would want a girl who'd play video games more than 20 hours a day?? That would be a boring relationship! Besides, it's the guy's job to play 20 hours a day, isn't it? Hehehe...

SigmaSD
04-29-2009, 02:26 PM
When I was smaller, I thought games were just for guys (at that time, they sort of were). But my mom actually got me into them at a young age (around 8), so I usually didn't mind playing them after that.

It's kinda ridiculous if your boyfriend/husband gets mad at you for beating him at games. As if video games were the epitome of male uniqueness, anyway.

I find it awesome when a woman beats a guy at a particularly hard game (whatever it may be, it doesn't have to be a video game). Then come the jeers of "you got beat by a girl!!" as if it were the hardest and most meaningful task to accomplish, ever.

Its a common misconception that games are just for guys. And to be honest, I believe that most girls/ women are better at games than guys.

I think it's funny whenever a guy gets mad when a girl beats him in a game. There is no reason to get mad, that's why they invented something called a "rematch". And besides, if she does win then you can complement her in something. In my opinion I would use that opportunity to make a move, like a kiss or hug. But I have to say that my gf would actually be the one to get mad if she lost, since she always likes to be right, or win everything.

Rem Nightfall
04-29-2009, 03:38 PM
Testosterone.

Next question, please.

Don't act smart . As much as that is factor, there are other factors as well. As Sigma might have pointed out a guy may think the girl is guyish in a way.
And we know how sensitive men are with their sexuality.

Datenshi
05-01-2009, 05:09 PM
Don't act smart. As much as that is factor, there are other factors as well. As Sigma might have pointed out a guy may think the girl is guyish in a way.
And we know how sensitive men are with their sexuality.

And that doesn't have anything to do with an overabundance of hormones?

Very well, then. I'll address your question more fully. Men like to empthathize their special status as males by differentiating themselves from females. When they are complaining about "girls not understanding" video games, they are taking advantage of their gender to gain satisfaction by patronizing the opposite sex.

So when they actually meet a female who enjoys video games, this robs them of this satisfaction; hence they express hostility.

Miss Digital Moonlight
05-01-2009, 05:15 PM
And that doesn't have anything to do with an overabundance of hormones?

Very well, then. I'll address your question more fully. Men like to empthathize their special status as males by differentiating themselves from females. When they are complaining about "girls not understanding" video games, they are taking advantage of their gender to gain satisfaction by patronizing the opposite sex.

So when they actually meet a female who enjoys video games, this robs them of this satisfaction; hence they express hostility.
^ This. Very well said.

So in short, I guess guys can be just as confusing as women, in this sense. So I don't really believe it's a "paradox", just typical male behavior.

Kishiro
05-01-2009, 05:34 PM
Closed.

I had to clean up this thread far too much. And for all the reasons I did, it will be closed. I do not want to see repeats of any of it.

I'm very disappointed.