PDA

View Full Version : The Girl Who Leapt Through Time: Questions on Mechanics

forfun
04-28-2009, 09:37 PM
Watching this movie, it brought up a few questions that's been visited quite a number times: The mechanics of the theoretical ability to travel through time.

If you travel backward in time, will there only be you or will there be a "past you" that you will encounter?

If there is a past self: In certain media, it's been said that if you come in contact with your past self you two would cancel each other out and cease to exist. Do you think that would likely happen or would the other theory that nothing happens be true.

If you change the past, would the "you" that changed time be erased or would you still exist?

What other questions on the mechanics can you think of? What do you think would happen?

CrystalAce
04-29-2009, 05:24 AM
As far as I'm concerned Time Travelling is quite an impossible idea. Though, you cannot go back to past, but you may go to the future if you travel at the speed of light, at least that's what I think.

Even though, you do go to the past, the time would be changed only for you, and not everyone else. It would be like going to a different dimension or universe, that is not your original one, while for rest of the people of the original universe, their time would continue normally. As you would be going to a past in different universe, I don't think you would be cancelled out on meeting your former self. So apparantly, I'm ranting about multi-verse. And also, I believe that once you go to another verse, it would be impossible to return to your original verse.

There you have it!

By the way, which girl of which anime were you talking about?