PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone recognise this anime: war + motorbikes

pwate
04-27-2009, 06:01 AM
A colleague in work asked me to find out the title of a particular anime she thinks she saw in the early nineties.

All she could tell me about it is that it involved a war (possibly futuristic, with "weird" looking tanks) and ends with a race on a race track with a motorbike race.

Quite a challenge! Can anyone think of any possibly sci-fi anime that have both a war in them and motorbike racing?

kind regards,
pwate

ReSecret
04-27-2009, 07:08 AM
The only thing that pops into my head is Bari Bari Densetsu.
This is also a motorbike anime from the early nineties but I'm not sure about the war though. (Haven't seen it myself.)

AzureDark
04-28-2009, 09:19 AM
Huh.... Megazone perhaps?

.Sev
04-28-2009, 10:27 AM
at first it sounded like akira, but I HAVE NO IDEA:(

Dark-Sasuke
04-29-2009, 05:13 AM
sounds like Akira to me

AutisticOtakuGirl
05-11-2009, 08:16 PM
I think the anime you're looking for is the movie Akira. It takes place in a futuristic neo-Japan. Since I suck at my own descriptions here's a summary from the DVD.
Childhood friends Tetsuo and Kaneda's motorcycle gang encounters a military operation to retrieve an escaped experimental subject. The military captures Tetsuo and conducts experiments on him that unleash his latent psychic ability, but when these new powers rage out of control, Tetsuo lashes out at the world that has oppressed him.

Here's a pic.

http://www.animeforum.com/image/thum_2009874a08cdcb7131e.jpg (http://www.animeforum.com/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=43404)

.Sev
05-11-2009, 10:52 PM
lol, I haven't actually seen akira yet, so I guess I guessed right:)

_-Anonymous-_
05-11-2009, 10:54 PM
akira.

Gjallarhorn
05-11-2009, 11:04 PM
If you people had read the opening post you'd see that it "ends with a race on a race track with a motorbike race". Does Akira end in a race? No. Does it have a war? No.

_-Anonymous-_
05-11-2009, 11:08 PM
If you people had read the opening post you'd see that it "ends with a race on a race track with a motorbike race". Does Akira end in a race? No. Does it have a war? No.

I take back my words .

The Grey Crane
05-12-2009, 02:47 AM
Are you sure it's a futuristic anime with weird tanks and other sci-fi whatnots? If not then i think i know what the answer is. Your description is NEARLY an exact match to a favorite of mine which involves war and ends in a motorbike race (in a racetrack but not technically a "racetrack).