PDA

View Full Version : Samus vs Master Chief

Bulf
04-22-2009, 01:39 AM
I had an argument about this a while back, and I just remembered. So, who do you think would win in a fight between Samus and Master Chief?
I say Samus, Master chief is no match for Samus's weapons.

TheDesertFox
04-22-2009, 07:29 AM
Watch this link it says it all:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9sYixr2miY

Dr. Evil
04-22-2009, 07:35 AM
Master Chief, period.

Darth Vaida
04-22-2009, 08:06 AM
Samus. *Girl power D<*

Magical Soul
04-22-2009, 09:01 AM
Samus 'coz Master Chief would let her win....>_> To get something from her later...

Bring Me The Horizon
04-22-2009, 09:22 AM
Master Cheif would win hands down, based on Samus' skills in Metroid Prime 3:Corruption...psh she couldnt beat master cheif even with a new phazon energy suit :P

Magical Soul
04-22-2009, 09:24 AM
Lol i just watched the vid, WTF both girls....?!

Doctor One
04-26-2009, 08:22 PM
I hate that video. And the spartan she fights isn't master chief. It's the female spartan from that fighting game that got rights to her. I think it was soul calibur.

To my understanding the most a spartan can survive, and with low probability and large amounts of injury. Is a drop of about a thousand feet. That is pretty extreme, so it stands to reason that most of the Spartans had broken arms and legs, and four of them died.
(I remember that from the fall of reach. I love the halo books.)

Samus walks in freaking lava.
LAVA.
AS IN LIQUID ROCK.
And in no game does she get killed by falling off of things. Evidently when she falls of a ledge high enough for her to be injured by it, her suit teleports her back onto the ledge she fell from. (Metroid prime 2. I hate that game MP1 Was WAYYY BETTER.)
Not to mention samus never runs out of ammunition, even without missles and power bombs, she'd be pretty invincible.

Miss Moonlight
04-26-2009, 08:24 PM
Samus, of course.

Heinekenrana
04-26-2009, 10:08 PM
Samus.

I love Master Chief and all, but c'mon.

Bulf
04-27-2009, 10:09 AM
I just noticed, this isn't really fair...Samus has lots of beams, and other assortments of powers/weapons. Master Chief can't do much but pick up weapons, and use those...and hit.

Seņor Nobody
04-27-2009, 10:18 AM
Master Chief, Samus may be nigh invincible and armed to the teeth, but Master Chief is just the person to bring her down. May death come quickly to his enemies.

Light Buster
04-27-2009, 12:33 PM
The Chief since he has more popularity than Samus. Chief FTW!!!!!

Rem Nightfall
04-27-2009, 01:58 PM
Watch this link it says it all:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9sYixr2miY

Nice man nice. I think Samus would win. Just look at her weapons and what not. She's got plenty of them. And depending on the environment Master Chief may not even be able to match enough fire power to her, since he has to pick ammo and weapons off the ground.

lisalover1
04-29-2009, 02:38 PM
Samus. She's got a lot more experience than Master Chief. It really depends on the fighting terrain. if they're in a Predator-esque jungle hunting ground, Master Chief wouldn't stand a chance; Samus is extremely adept to desolate, hostile environments, while MC seems to feel more at home with wide, open areas. Let's face it, Samus is a hunter, and that's exactly what she would do; hunt MC down.

TheDesertFox
04-29-2009, 02:44 PM
Samus. She's got a lot more experience than Master Chief. It really depends on the fighting terrain. if they're in a Predator-esque jungle hunting ground, Master Chief wouldn't stand a chance; Samus is extremely adept to desolate, hostile environments, while MC seems to feel more at home with wide, open areas. Let's face it, Samus is a hunter, and that's exactly what she would do; hunt MC down.

Really? Was Samus raised to be the perfect super soldier from age 5? And as far as hunting the Chief has extensive training in stealth and tracking.

rf switch
04-29-2009, 05:35 PM
It doesn't matter...

Miku214
04-29-2009, 06:04 PM
Of course it matters.

Samus would win, btw. I'd like to see Master Chief roll up into a ball.

TheDesertFox
04-29-2009, 06:29 PM
I'd like to see Master Chief roll up into a ball.

Why would he need to? With his power armor he could just break through most obstacles or jump over them.

Bulf
04-30-2009, 12:21 AM
Why would he need to? With his power armor he could just break through most obstacles or jump over them.

I believe Samus can jump higher than him, And she has two jumps. So if she can't jump over it, he more than likely won't be able to...

Doctor One
04-30-2009, 08:51 PM
I believe Samus can jump higher than him, And she has two jumps. So if she can't jump over it, he more than likely won't be able to...
You obviously arn't familliar with the space jump functionality.
She can stay airborne indefinately.
And if she has screw attack then it would just be unfair.
When she lands on someone with the screw attack they pop. Like a zit.

Granted, master chief has better training.
So if they were both weaponless, master chief would crush her head. Mainly because he's like 16 inches taller than her.
But honestly it's like pitting a mondern american soldier against a knight from the middle ages. It's just not fair.

Gero50
05-02-2009, 05:19 PM
I would say Samus not only cause she has cooler and more wepons but also she is far more nimble and skilled at dodging and delivering attacks then Master Chef

Bulf
05-02-2009, 05:36 PM
They should just make a Haloid, or Metro game, and let that decide...

yakman1692
05-02-2009, 08:49 PM
It really depends on what weaponry they have. For example, if Master Chief had the sniper rifle, he could probably take Samus out before she even noticed. But it a normal fire fight, I'd have to give it to Samus.

SigmaSD
05-02-2009, 09:27 PM
I have to agree that it would be unfair because Samus has more weapons. But ask yourselves this: if both of them had the same weapons and armor, who would win?

Tetsanosuke
05-02-2009, 10:33 PM
You obviously arn't familliar with the space jump functionality.
She can stay airborne indefinately.
And if she has screw attack then it would just be unfair.
When she lands on someone with the screw attack they pop. Like a zit.

Granted, master chief has better training.
So if they were both weaponless, master chief would crush her head. Mainly because he's like 16 inches taller than her.
But honestly it's like pitting a mondern american soldier against a knight from the middle ages. It's just not fair.

Put the soldier in the Knights era with only mid evil weapons, and he'll be at a disadvantage (unless he was a fantasy enthusiast). Reverse it for Knights in modern, same thing. Modern soldier in 70 pounds of plate, against someone who uses that gear more so than not?

Eh, Martial arts becomes harder to do in plate mail, so cross out that more modern day attachment to the warrior class.

Though I can't believe that it's even possible to compare their training, and it seems bias-ridden to try and do so. Samus learned from that alien race, who were supposedly the greatest warrior tribe in the galaxy? (I'm more then less likely wrong, haven't played enough to remember fully).

Yet Master Chief had Futuristic military training from humans?

Eh, I'll let this decide for me (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cL-mR79GErU). As, in actuality I would prefer Samus to Master chief for reasons other than empirical data.

Bulf
05-02-2009, 10:35 PM
I have to agree that it would be unfair because Samus has more weapons. But ask yourselves this: if both of them had the same weapons and armor, who would win?

That makes it really hard...Mc has war experience, but Samus is used to dangerous battles, and stuff...then again, Samus is practically used to war, so...I'm not sure, but i'm leaning towards Samus.

Tetsanosuke
05-02-2009, 10:46 PM
That makes it really hard...Mc has war experience, but Samus is used to dangerous battles, and stuff...then again, Samus is practically used to war, so...I'm not sure, but i'm leaning towards Samus.

Really, unless we can collect empirical data on these fictional characters the only real influence someone has on the argument is their own opinion as well as their personal likes/dislikes.

It's not as blatantly obvious as a match like SSJ4 Goku VS Random cute critter from some anime #274, so all I'm saying is that in this argument its a battle of preference. Though if the OP's intention were just to gather opinions, and not to actually discern a victor, than this thread is win already.

TheAsterisk!
05-07-2009, 08:37 AM
Well, if we're to reference some of the side-scrolling Metroid games, Samus is a LOT faster.
Take that for what you will.

Cantelope
05-07-2009, 02:07 PM
Master Chief wins in the better back story competition. Not sure about a fight between the two. He gets pretty creative when he needs to kill something.

Ryuuzaki HD
05-12-2009, 02:24 AM
it would be a fair fight samus has more hightech wepons but if Master Chief got one good plasma grenade stick.....

Bulf
05-12-2009, 07:28 PM
it would be a fair fight samus has more hightech wepons but if Master Chief got one good plasma grenade stick.....

If Samus can walk in lava, do you really think one plasma grenade would do much? And if I recall correctly, she has a plasma beam...which should mean her suit can handle plasma pretty nicely.