PDA

View Full Version : Is It Me?

Bean Bandit
11-28-2003, 10:02 PM
Or has this complete server/site come to a slow crawl? Unfortunately it seems to get slower everytime I visit. :(

MistressPookyChan
11-29-2003, 02:11 AM
i noticed that a little too. I'll re-test it when i get back to my dorm (currently on a modem connection at my parent's place).

Behindthesmile
11-30-2003, 01:11 AM
no its not you... its taking forever to load and i'm on high speed cable :(

/Aifa|
11-30-2003, 03:25 AM
I noticed the slowness too, but that was on a 46k connection. Too bad the waiting time for me is on the line between making the decison to stare at little gifs pop up and leaving my pc to fetch some food. :(

But i usually try it on my schools connection and the site loads fine. Not sure what connection it is, but it can get around 800kb/sec.

Belisarius
11-30-2003, 05:41 PM
I was able to completely browse all forums on Eyes On Final Fantasy, LJForums, and AnimeOnline while waiting for pages to load in Misc.

So yeah, it's a little on the slow side.

Jakiao
11-30-2003, 06:04 PM
The server is crippling, simple as that. THe databases corrupted yesterday, since then everything has just been slowing down.

Jakiao
11-30-2003, 06:16 PM
Ah, screw clicking edit. It'd take too long anyway.

On another note: we're working with some sources to get about $500 in funds brought to us. Once that happens, we get a new server elsewhere. The server wont be as powerful, but it'll be faster. If funds permit in the future, this server will be fixed up and sent to the new place too. The reason it is so crappy now is because the man at the datacenter who set it up didn't do to much of a good job

Donate if you can x_X. We actually need the money ^_^;;

Belisarius
12-01-2003, 06:41 PM
I don't know if you did anything, but if you did, it worked. 100% better today.

Kaitou Ace
12-02-2003, 01:36 AM
Heh the actual/main problem was the banner ads that are on animeglobe O_o; the servers of the banner ad company went belly-up, and the loading of the ads was slowing the site down. I removed the ad code from the forums temporarily, and that made it go faster again.

Jakiao
12-02-2003, 11:44 PM
I threw the ad people aside and am now fixing their damn network. I'm laying out a plan for them to get back up. It gets me a nifty bit of money each month ($900). Wee =D

Daenerys
12-05-2003, 08:39 AM
The ads are always the problem... But... we need them. Isn't there a way to fix them being all... slow?

Jakiao
12-07-2003, 01:43 PM
Yes, Ai, there is, and it is something I've been working on since Friday. I had the ad company get new servers, and I have since setup the servers. We're waiting for DNS to update. The banners should work soon. I tried to place the banners up, but Ace has something in his code that conflicts with the banner code. That problem was making it so that the code only displayed some text of the code. Now, I know the code works because www.tuxedomask.com works with that code.

Okay, I'm off! Later.