PDA

View Full Version : Samurai jack

Jetame
04-17-2009, 09:28 PM
I wanted to know if anyone remembered the show. I thought it was just great. The fighting sequences were set just right. The story was good. But I just can't remember the last episode. All I remember was that Jack lost his memory and the Scottish guy tried to help him regain it

Funkgun
04-17-2009, 11:43 PM
I don't recall it either.

I did like the series however. I dug it's homages to samurai flicks. I even liked the Star Wars mini episodes done by the same guy. Which makes me wonder what happened to him.

I guess that is what I will do when I check out of here. =)

Memento Mori
04-17-2009, 11:48 PM
Samurai Jack was the most amazing thing that I ever experienced as a child, though I cannot recall the last episode.

Haoie
04-18-2009, 01:34 AM
Great show, very artsy.

Van of the Dawn
04-18-2009, 01:47 AM
When I was younger I watched up to like the middle of season two, I couldn't really get into the show tho.

Doom85
04-18-2009, 07:13 AM
I own the first three seasons on DVD, need to get around to getting the fourth sometime.

wowzabunny
04-18-2009, 07:32 AM
That was a awesome show
even though he was more ninja than samurai

JIMBO.
04-18-2009, 07:52 AM
the show was done buy a guy called Craig McCracken

a guy with a thing for anime and making cartoon shorts for cartoon network his first ones dexters lab and the powerpuff girls (just 2 episodes each at first) also many of them had anime spoof gags (transforming mechas, speed racer spoof)

after a long showing of these 2 shows he made Samurai Jack

about a evil shapeshifting Demon named "Aku" (his name means evil or wicked) that escapes from a tree he is sealed in, no normal weapon can defeat him apart from a magic sword, as a boy Jack is trained in the way of the sword and takes on Aku with the magic sword almost beating him before the last blow happedn Aku rips a hole in time and throws jack in to the future where he has already enslaved the world.

one thing I'd like to point out, Craig was almost no allowed to make the show since they told he cant make a show with sword fights with anyone getting killed or cut, due to this Jack fights and "kills" nothing but robots that "bleed" oil that was his way around it.

Doom85
04-18-2009, 10:09 AM
the show was done buy a guy called Craig McCracken

a guy with a thing for anime and making cartoon shorts for cartoon network his first ones dexters lab and the powerpuff girls (just 2 episodes each at first) also many of them had anime spoof gags (transforming mechas, speed racer spoof)

after a long showing of these 2 shows he made Samurai Jack

That's way off. Genndy Tartakovsky created Dexter's Lab and Samurai Jack, not Craig. Craig did make Powerpuff Girls, you got that much right.

JIMBO.
04-18-2009, 11:54 AM
well thats me told.

Capernicus
04-18-2009, 12:43 PM
I remember that show, it had a really unique and original style. The show was pretty interesting even though the story was a little overdone. It gave it a new flair, I dunno. I remember it having a fair amount of episodes that were mostly filler. xD

I didn't see the last episode. =/

Seņor Nobody
04-18-2009, 12:45 PM
I remember. Cartoon Network right?
Yeah, the story was pretty good and the animation was okay. I don't remember the last episode.

Anime Forum
04-18-2009, 12:59 PM
I remember the last episode if it was only yesterday.

The episode was horrible and thus almost ruined the whole point of the series.

Though even saying that the last episode was pitiful, I still liked all the episodes before it and I must say the show is amazing.