PDA

View Full Version : guys wearing earrings?

davi-kun
04-17-2009, 04:32 AM
so i made another earring yesterday, i now have 2 earrings on my left ear lobe and my mom was like "..ehh..yuck..do you think its beautiful?"...and my dad only says "a guy who has an earring only wants to be a girl" lol
so...what do you think about guys wearing earrings?

golden girl
04-17-2009, 04:55 AM
well i think those guys wanna be extreme but hey if they enjoy wearing it then we shouldn't annoy them and we don't even have any right to do so but i personally burst out into laughter when i catch such guys really it seems to be extremely funny to me

LiLi.
04-17-2009, 05:50 AM
Guys would look good with studs, but i guess only a few earrings would do :/

Haoie
04-17-2009, 07:03 AM
Was cool about, 15 years ago?

fyereen
04-17-2009, 07:26 AM
well, i think guys wearing earrings are cool.. it depends on how they look..
like zero kiryuu from vampire knight.. he's so cool.. ^^

Bun-chan
04-17-2009, 07:57 AM
some guys look good in earrings, other guys dont :) i think you cant just be or dress in any way and then have a earring. its like going to the beach with shorts, sandals and a shirt and a woolly cap on your head and mittens on your hands :P or searing a spiky leather jacket and a long pink skirt ^^

Necro'lic Enigma
04-17-2009, 08:57 AM
Well the only guy i saw who really looked hot wearing earrings was Vile Valo , singer of band H.I.M.
And i would say not only singers but other boys as well , for example some boys wear earring only on one ear and other one empty , it isnt that bad , it looks cool.
I dont think its gay , if your personality suits this type of stuffs , then its hot not gay amigo.

3pleT
04-17-2009, 10:53 AM
to be perfectly honest, it looks kinda gay on the vast majority of white and especially asian guys. also what haoie said.

DOOM!
04-17-2009, 11:03 AM
No it's not okay to wear them unless they're diamond and platinum earrings like mine. If you didn't pay at least 100 pesetas for your earrings, you just look gay.

Miss Moonlight
04-17-2009, 11:34 AM
I voted for gay, because yes, gay guys wear earrings. And the majority of guys who wear earrings, especially one earring, are usually gay.

Baka
04-17-2009, 11:38 AM
I'm a guy and I have pierced ears. Size zero is how big the holes are. Here's my actual ear:
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k312/obiraw/ear-1.jpg

Oh and I'm not gay. It's silly to think that just because a guy has pierced ears, he must be gay. Last I heard, a guy has to be attracted to other guys to be gay.

Brandandy
04-17-2009, 11:40 AM
I think it's hot! I love the diamond and hoop in the same ear :).

Miss Moonlight
04-17-2009, 11:42 AM
I'm a guy and I have pierced ears. Size zero is how bit the holes are. Oh and I'm not gay. It's silly to think that just because a guy has pierced ears, he must be gay. Last I heard, a guy has to be attracted to other guys to be gay.
Ah, maybe that's just me, lol. I've never seen a straight guy with an earring.

Baka
04-17-2009, 11:48 AM
Maybe the styles are different in the region you live in. Here in California pretty much anything goes.

polaris 北極星
04-17-2009, 11:59 AM
this is the new millenium, there are no lines anymore

wowzabunny
04-17-2009, 12:15 PM
Depends on the guy

-akichan-
04-17-2009, 12:21 PM
I LOVE guys with ear pierces. I only like guys wearing studs, not anything big like girl earrings. In my opinions, not all guys look good with earrings, and some guys does look better with earrings. People from old generations would think that guys wearing earrings is being disrespectful to themselves as what they are. Some guys wear earring since they were little baby boys related to some special cultures or religions. My view on guys wearing earrings doesn't surprise me because first of all I like guys wearing earrings with a maximum of two. As long as the guy doesn't wear too many or earrings that are way to big like hoops, then I wouldn't get freaked out. Guys wear earrings are hott.

Edit: I would not consider the person is gay just by a small earring. So girls wearing large shirt indicates she is lesbian?! Earring is just a decoration and a part of the person's style, it should cause any further considerations.

davi-kun
04-17-2009, 01:16 PM
I'm a guy and I have pierced ears. Size zero is how big the holes are. Here's my actual ear:
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k312/obiraw/ear-1.jpg

Oh and I'm not gay. It's silly to think that just because a guy has pierced ears, he must be gay. Last I heard, a guy has to be attracted to other guys to be gay.

yh, i think so as well ._. and i like ur earring lol :cool:

i'd never think that so many ppl here think its (kinda) gay xD

AyumuKagami
04-17-2009, 01:24 PM
The most awesome dude wearing an earing would have to be Ayumu Narumi because it is so flippn awesome. He is one of the only characters in an anime that has awesome earings. Most other anime characters with earings look ecessivly gay... no offense to the few that i dont know about. Hopefully i dont get attacked by fangirls of anime dudes with earings. (seriously most hanous)

Rein*
04-17-2009, 02:35 PM
I think only some guys can pull it off so guess i think it looks cute on them but as for the general population of males don't bother.

Seņor Nobody
04-17-2009, 02:37 PM
Doesn't really matter. They can do whatever floats their boat, I don't care.

XxPantherChickxX
04-17-2009, 02:41 PM
My boyfriend has two piercings on one ear. I don't get why guys who want their ears pierced are called gay. I think that's stupid. It's your body, so you should be able to do what you want with it i.e. get piercings, tattoos, what-have-you.

Aulos
04-17-2009, 02:48 PM
Guys can wear earrings if they want. There is no real reason why they shouldn't.

wolfgirl90
04-17-2009, 04:00 PM
I don't see too many guys with earrings and the ones that do wear earring wear studs. But I think they are cool. I have no problem with guys wearing earrings.

However, in the military (well, Air Force; I do not know the rules of the other branches), guys are not allowed to wear earrings while in formation or in uniform. In fact, guys are not allowed to wear earrings while on base (uniform or not, duty or off duty).

I do not know how the guys in my flight feel about that.:p

Eris
04-17-2009, 04:51 PM

Are you sure you didn't assume that every guy with an earring you saw was gay?

Legend of the Twilight
04-17-2009, 04:54 PM
Anyone should be able to do anything they want to their body. Whether it's a guy or girl, it is no one else's business but their own.

Diocletian
04-17-2009, 05:55 PM
I would like to ask how that makes anyone gay? I'm pretty sure that gay is intercourse between two genders and unless the guy is using the earrings as a d--I digress.

Why do I care? The jewelry is fake anyway. Get some diamonds on yo' rings, den we talk homeboy. GBK, 'till I die.

Miss Moonlight
04-17-2009, 06:03 PM
Are you sure you didn't assume that every guy with an earring you saw was gay?
Well, since I have no problems with homosexuals or lesbians or the piercings anyone wears, probably not. I don't pay much attention to jewelry when anyone wears it, really, because I don't wear much myself. So if they happened to be gay, it wouldn't bother me. If they just like the jewelry, it wouldn't bother me. So in short, no.

Mostly all the gay friends I have wear them (not all), but it's just a fashion accessory, so I could care less.

Amray The II
04-18-2009, 10:22 AM
I had one earring once, but it has been long since I have removed (and lost) it. Six Years ago, I think.

No, males having earrings is not an indication that they are gay? How can a little metal stud with a ball on the end, in ones ear, possibly suggest that one is gay? It cannot. I personally would not count earrings in with cross-dressing.

JIMBO.
04-18-2009, 12:10 PM
I have 2 steel bearing hoops in my left ear,

fokes say they make me look like a pirate since I have a beard wear bandana's when its hot, I always have them in and I forget about them sometimes.

more to the point why is it gay ?

Miss Moonlight
04-18-2009, 01:52 PM
I have 2 steel bearing hoops in my left ear,

fokes say they make me look like a pirate since I have a beard wear bandana's when its hot, I always have them in and I forget about them sometimes.

more to the point why is it gay ?
Well, wearing earrings or other jewelry does not dictate your sexual orentation. But it's a more of social perception, or rather a misconception, that people may have about men wearing earrings.

While some men who wear earrings (I probably shouldn't have said "the majority" in my other post, but that was just based more on my own experiences), may be gay, it really doesn't matter what kind of piercings you have or what you wear, it doesn't necessarily represent homosexuality.

A couple of articles that explain more about it:

When Did Men First Start Wearing Earrings? (http://www.ehow.com/about_4600397_men-first-start-wearing-earrings.html)

Is it Fashionable for Men to Wear Earrings? (http://www.ehow.com/about_4588798_fashionable-men-wear-earrings.html)

Perpetual Specter
04-18-2009, 08:38 PM
It depends on the actual earrings a lot of the time in my opinion. I think about any guy can wear earring(s); just depends on if they get ones that actually look good on them. I don't mind guys wearing earrngs, nor do I think it makes them look gay. Personally, I would never get earrings or any type of piercing. I don't even want a tattoo. o_o;

Kazuma Kuwabara
04-18-2009, 09:28 PM
Not a big fan of earrings, makeup or long hair on dudes. looks weird!

hirokiaibalovex3
04-18-2009, 10:41 PM
I believe that piercings, like tattoos can be a form of self-expression. Sometimes it looks cool, but other times, I think it looks bad.

Personally, I only think it looks good when guys have only one or two earrings per ear.

mstrmnd48
04-18-2009, 10:46 PM
i think its fine to wear earrings. i have 2 piercings and going for a 3rd one soon.

Fuu Kasumi
04-18-2009, 10:56 PM
How does having a piercing make a male homosexual?
Men can pierce their ears all they want, I don't care.

Doctor One
04-18-2009, 11:05 PM
Earrings are okay on some guys. Hoops and chains are really only for the "pretty" boys. But studs are manlier I guess more people can pull those off.

Tetsanosuke
04-18-2009, 11:33 PM
My brother has an earring, and as far as I know he's a straight d00d. =o

In the end I say leave it to preference. I thought about getting one a long time ago, but I felt I'd rather not tie myself to the responsibility of cleaning it for the first some-odd weeks and afterward. I'll stick to washing behind the ears in the shower, without including inside the earlobe.

So yeah, this is one of the things I'm like "Whatever floats your boat."