PDA

View Full Version : Strange things you've done as a child

Miss Moonlight
04-16-2009, 10:07 PM
Well, i've done many strange things as a child, but only a few significant ones come to mind. They both involve barbie dolls, of which I used to be an avid collector as a child. :]

I remember one time when I was in Kmart (or it might have been Caldoors), with my mother, and I was around 7~8 or so. We went into the doll section and I had seen a barbie doll that I really wanted, but my mother wouldn't buy it for me because it was too expensive.

The doll was around $14, because it was one of those "deluxe" ones that came with extra clothes, a hair brush and other accessories. She said to find a cheaper one, but all of the cheaper ones weren't as cool and I didn't really like any of them.

So, I devised a plan that I thought was going to work for sure:

I found a cheaper doll that was only $7.99. I noticed that price tag was the exact same shape, size, and color as the more expensive one, so:

when my mom wasn't looking, I carefully peeled it off the box and put it on the more expensive doll (right over the original price tag). Then I brought it to my mother and said that I found one that I liked that was cheap enough.

Unfortunately, I didn't know at the time that it was the UPC code on the box that tells you the retail price of the item when it's scanned by the barcode reader. So, it didn't work, the cashier told my mother the actual price of the doll, and she got so mad that she ended up not buying me anything.

Another time, around the same year, I got into an argument with my sister (who's three years younger than me.) She broke both doors off my barbie jeep by opening and shutting them too hard, and I remember getting really mad because it was new and I had recieved it for my birthday. I was yelling at her and calling my mother to come and help me fix it, but she told me to be quiet because she was trying to cook dinner, and so my sister got up and went to go watch television.

So, when my sister was sleeping that night, I went to her collection of barbie and ken dolls, took the heads off all of her barbie dolls and the heads off all of her ken dolls, and switched them. Then, I put them back where they originally were, just like they were never touched.

I got in alot of trouble for that though, because when I pulled the heads off, I had broken most of the plastic nubs inside that connected the heads and let them swivel around, and some of them didn't stay on. So, I was punished for about a week.

My sister didn't seem to forgive me when I used masking tape to try to fix them, either. I didn't think they looked that bad. They just looked like they had all been in a major accident, that is all.

But oh ... the look on her face when she went to go play with them, heheheh.

Podunk
04-16-2009, 10:11 PM
Um i can say one thing i did as a child was completely and utterly dissassemble our dishwasher at the age of 5. My parents were so angry at me and i was grounded for what seemed like an eternity. >.<

Ramona Flowers
04-16-2009, 10:42 PM
When I was 3-7 I would the throw the most outragouse fits, throwing all my toys everywhere while screaming like a banshee.

And once I licked the frost inside the fridge and was stuck there for like 45 mins, no one ever told me if you poor water or tea it would unstick <_<;;;;......

Van of the Dawn
04-16-2009, 11:37 PM
Uhhhhh when I was like 5 or 6 I used to take dumps in my front yard for some reason *embarrassed* I really have no idea why.

Miss Moonlight
04-16-2009, 11:39 PM
Uhhhhh when I was like 5 or 6 I used to take dumps in my front yard for some reason *embarrassed* I really have no idea why.
Hey, well that's cool. Gotta go somewhere.

Heinekenrana
04-16-2009, 11:41 PM
I constantly dumped out dozens of eggs from the fridge and played in the mess. According to my folks I'd just do that once a month for a six month period, and then one day I just quit doing it. It was really odd. And my poor mother apparently went slightly mad from trying to find new hiding places for the eggs - to this day she cringes a bit when I get them out of my fridge to make breakfast. :D

Hell patrol
04-17-2009, 12:18 AM
when i was two i took a crap behind the couch not sure why really i think i was in potty training but my parents told me i always made a weird sound while doing it

Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki
04-17-2009, 02:00 AM
Miss Moonlight, just reading your whole talk about being little made me giggle XD! I just loved it. Reminds me of what I to my friend.

So my mother is friends with these people who happened to have a child about a year after her. So I had to hang out with this girl when I was growing up. Let me tell you one thing, she was and still is an emotional, attention-seeking, immature little brat. But that's a different story for another time.

Anyway, so I would have to go over there when my mom couldn't watch me for the day. This girl loved Barbies, and I just hated the things. They frightened me, and the only thing I liked to do was throw them off of her bed. I would try to bring stuffed animals to play with instead (since they were really the only toys I would play with besides Legos), but she just got bored with them and went back to her dolls. I would constantly attempt to break them, and then she would throw a fit. Her parents would always come rushing in and just coddle her, to the point of ridiculousness. They always told my mom at the end of the day, and I would get scolded. However, being the little diplomat I was, I was able to fully articulate my reasons for being so cruel. To this day I don't get along with her, because as I grow up, she seems to just remain in the 6-9 phase.

Actually, thinking about that brings up some painful memories. I've really changed, but during my childhood, I was seriously mean. It took me a while to figure out why I had no friends but the little cry-baby, but when I found out, it made perfect sense. I would purposefully make kids feel as stupid as possible so that I felt smart. I had way too much cockiness, all because I picked up on language skills a little faster than many children my age. It was cruel, but I got a kick out of making kids get defensive or cry. I'd say that's pretty odd o___o;.

-akichan-
04-17-2009, 02:14 AM
LOL'ed I remember when I was a in elementary school, me and my girlfriends would always like to do some idiotic actions in the school restroom just for fun. As how boys use the toilet, we did the same thing to see if we could be any better than the boys! Because the toilets were too dirty to put myself on.

suzumi
04-17-2009, 04:47 AM
Once when I was about eight or nine, I threw my brother's entire Lego set out the window because he put gum in my hair and I was forced to cut it all off.

I wasn't punished for that, but I was forced to help him pick up all the pieces. We only ever found about half of them. Where the other half went, I really have no idea.

Also around then, most of the kids in the group I hung out with had this habit of sneaking into the cafeteria at night and playing hockey on roller blades. We would only do it the night before they waxed the floors, though. But that was fun. ^^

golden girl
04-17-2009, 05:08 AM
well the worst thing used to do when i was small was that i used to eat the soil and go round eating the soil left by the car tyres that was delicious lol i feel so embarrsed when i think about it but really i enjoyed it a lot and then many children eat soil i am amidst them lol tyres lol

LiLi.
04-17-2009, 05:43 AM
I put my hand straight on the burning electric hob.
I used to tell my mum that i can do anything by myself, which i couldn't.
I squashed and burned a little insect with my mum's hair straighters once P:
When me and my mum go to library, i always find a random book and start pretending to read it, upside down, and for some reason ends up in the toilet doing a #2, which is nice, innit? It happens all the time when we go to the liblibs.

Señor Nobody
04-17-2009, 06:21 AM
I used to burn things. Started around the age of five and ended when I turned 17.

Fire is fun.

Aki no iko
04-17-2009, 10:15 AM
I used to eat newspaper. >.<

Baka
04-17-2009, 11:59 AM
When I was five I sprayed glass cleaner in my mouth. Luckily I didn't swallow much.

Miss Moonlight
05-04-2009, 09:39 PM
Also, when I was small, my cousin told me that drinking rootbeer would make me drunk and put hair on my chest, so I never drank it because I believed him.

:3

Forgotten Show
05-04-2009, 09:56 PM
I used to burn things. Started around the age of five and ended when I turned 17.

Fire is fun.

Quitter.

Bad Memory

Diocletian
05-04-2009, 10:06 PM
I would go inside to watch TV and then come back outside and play with the kids.

Ex.

Team Captain: "Okay, let's see....I'll pick (Between me and kid that can't breathe) Saul".

Me: "Why am I last"?

Team Captain: "Because, Dio you always go inside and watch cartoons then come back out when we're already losing".

Me: "But Rurouni Kenshin is cool".

Team Captain: "Shut up."

Damn you cartoons. Damn you to hell!

Standartenführer
05-04-2009, 10:11 PM
I used to run 'round the neighborhood in my power-rangers underwear and a bedsheet tied 'round my neck screaming that I was captain underpants. Quite hilarious indeed.

Rem Nightfall
05-04-2009, 10:29 PM
One of my more finer moments when I was younger, if my mother didn't get me anything from the store...I would just tell everyone my mom was cheap. She can get ten dollar chocolate, but won't buy me that ten dollar bear. Mommy gets all the good stuff, I'd always tell them or I would say, "Mommy gets all the expensive stuff and I get the cheap stuff that breaks easily."

I remember I had a fight with my dad once. I carried this Power Ranger doll with me everywhere from the age of 3 to about 8. This doll was my height and everything. Well one day Power Ranger was bleeding stuff. Dad told me to get rid of it. I had a fit about that. I told him no. In the end me and my dad were playing tug of war with my Power Ranger. And let's say this already injured Power Ranger just got cut in half. He ripped. I cried and I told my dad, "You murder you owe him a funeral."
hahahahahahaha. I was a weird kid. :laugh:

Acnologia
05-04-2009, 11:03 PM
I used to strip my barbies naked because I wanted to see their boobs ;/ Not that they were any sort of realistic. I also used to role-play with my toys.

Miss Moonlight
05-04-2009, 11:06 PM
I used to strip my barbies naked because I wanted to see their boobs ;/ Not that they were any sort of realistic. I also used to role-play with my toys.
Rofl, I did that to both barbie and ken.

ichimoku_fanboy
05-04-2009, 11:34 PM
i distinctly remember going into a McDonald's playpen thing when i was 3 or 4 and getting stuck at the top balling my eyes out cuz i couldn't figure out how to get down, thus forcing my mom to climb up and getting me down...

i still lulz bout that now, but i tried going in one quite recently (week ago) when there wasnt any kids in it, and getting myself stuck in the very first tube thing, that was really embarassing cuz my friends and bf were there rofl their eyes out...

it was still fun to be a kid again though ^_^

if only for about 3 seconds xD

Foph
05-04-2009, 11:35 PM
When I was almost two and a half, my parents brought my newborn baby brother home from the hospital. They laid him onto the "changing" stand. I leaned over, examined him carefully, and asked, "Can we keep him?" They found that highly amusing.

Rem Nightfall
05-04-2009, 11:38 PM
When I was almost two and a half, my parents brought my newborn baby brother home from the hospital. They laid him onto the "changing" stand. I leaned over, examined him carefully, and asked, "Can we keep him?" They found that highly amusing.

Hahahaha. That is kind of funny too. :laugh:

Cobra Commander
05-05-2009, 12:25 AM
When I was very little, I used to do things in threes. I would turn the lights on and off three times, lock the door three times, etc. I grew out of that by the time I was ten or so, I think. OCD?

I was also terrified of monsters coming in through the window even though my room was on the third floor of the house. I always believed that if I laid with my back to the window and didn't see them they wouldn't do anything to me. I always saw their shadows - of course it was the shapes car lights make as they drive by.

I used to have recurring nightmares anytime I was sick. The nightmare would make me sick too, it was like a countdown to puke time. It was like this giant tank thing that was destroying the world, and I was holding onto the outside.

Looking back, I don't know why it was even scary. But then I watched Terminator when I was 4 - parents didn't know I was up, and that might have been where that came from. Klingons were scary too, but that was before I knew that Klingons are made of awesome.

Rem Nightfall
05-05-2009, 12:44 AM
I was also terrified of monsters coming in through the window even though my room was on the third floor of the house. I always believed that if I laid with my back to the window and didn't see them they wouldn't do anything to me. I always saw their shadows - of course it was the shapes car lights make as they drive by.

I use to do this when I was a kid. I thought if I didn't see the monsters they couldn't see me. But then again I was the kind of kid with an overactive imagination. The monsters didn't scare me rather I didn't want to talk to them.

I remember going out to our backyard when I thought a monster wanted to take me to Monster land. So glad someone heard the back door open. I would have ended up in the street.

Khanxay
05-05-2009, 01:31 AM
I used to steal a lot.

In grade 1 I remember finding $200 in my dad's pocket while gathering dirty clothes, secretly claiming it as my own, and showed it off at school the next day. It was unknowingly taken from me later in the school day. When I get home my parents ask me if I had seen any money laying around because the money they were going to use to pay the bills was missing. And then [a complicated set of events that I cannot remember since it was a dozen years ago] occurs. In the end my parents were able to get the money back, I get 5 days of In-School Suspension (WTH? Someone steals from me and I get suspended?! They can suspend first graders?! That's stupid!), go home to a lecture on stealing, and get a pretty nasty [butt]-whooping.

Dead rose
05-05-2009, 07:13 AM

LOL. i used to do that too. when i was 4 years old hehehe.

i once remember when i was 5 i had this weird hobby of roleplaying with nobody except myself. i used to pretend that there was somebody in the room and talk to the thin air. oh...but that was because i didnt have friends in real life :( that time

yilin
05-05-2009, 07:21 AM
wahaha... I remember when I was in elementary.. I was with my friends, we just walk and walk until we are lost! XD and glad that someone I knew came to rescue us...XD

John Watson
05-05-2009, 09:21 AM
I stuck my moms house key in the electric outlet and the entire house shut down for like a couple minutes. xDD

When I was really small I ran off outside (cuz no one was watching atm) and tottered off into the high traffic street in front of the house! My mom had to run outside barefoot to get me! oO; Thank God me and her are alive!

I purposely gave my older sister the chicken pox, and the next week I was able to go to the parade with my dad and she had to stay home. HA. (I was a mean kid eh?) .__.;;

Beast
05-05-2009, 11:46 AM
Shoved a handful of gumballs into the VCR when I was like 3. Mom didn't know what was wrong with it so when we took it back and the d00d took it apart like 10 gumballs scattered everywhere I was giggling then my mommy clocked me upside the head >=D

SigmaSD
05-05-2009, 01:44 PM
I was too shy when I started kindergarten, so I never spoke a word during the whole year. My classmates thought I was mute.

There was this one time I got grounded, so my parents took the connection from the super nintendo that connects to the tv. So what I ended up doing was getting a bunch of wires that I found lying around, connected them together, and placed it in the tv and nintendo. I ended up burning the circuit because of that, so I got grounded even more.

And when I lived at my aunts house, she used to serve us a gigantic plate with food. Now I was 6 or 7 at the time, so there was no way I was going to finish that, but she wouldn't let me leave the table until I did. So whenever she left the kitchen for a while, I would rush to the trash can and throw some away. I wouldn't throw it all away because then she might notice something.

Mmmmmmmmmm
05-05-2009, 02:12 PM
Shoved a handful of gumballs into the VCR when I was like 3. Mom didn't know what was wrong with it so when we took it back and the d00d took it apart like 10 gumballs scattered everywhere I was giggling then my mommy clocked me upside the head >=D
I did something like that at the age of 3. Except I used it as a parking garage for my hotwheels.

seiteki_otaku
05-05-2009, 05:32 PM
This is kind of weird to say on a forum
but when I was like... 9 or so...
I woke up one night in the middle of the
night (at about 12 am) and started running
around outside in my underwear screaming
"the school bus is coming" XD I also got up
at random times at night and threw my pillows
into the dirty clothes basket. I was a creeper child.
I don't know if that's considered sleep walking
or what but it was hell-a weird.

Señor Nobody
05-05-2009, 05:43 PM
;2254294']This is kind of weird to say on a forum
but when I was like... 9 or so...
I woke up one night in the middle of the
night (at about 12 am) and started running
around outside in my underwear screaming
"the school bus is coming" XD I also got up
at random times at night and threw my pillows
into the dirty clothes basket. I was a creeper child.
I don't know if that's considered sleep walking
or what but it was hell-a weird.

O.o :laugh:

Priceless!